Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,731 members, 7,831,331 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? (1403 Views)

Who School Help? - 16-Year-Old Girl Asks, Flaunts Her Heavy Pregnancy / 83-Year-Old Muslim Man To Marry 16-Year-Old Girl In Niger State (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Marries 16-Year-Old Girl In Nnewi, Anambra State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by Rubiesangel: 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2019
My nephew will be turning 16 in 2 weeks and he wants a smart phone. Personally, I think he isn't quite matured to have a smart phone, or I think it might distract him. The young man has gone on to prove me wrong and he is good with phones.

Now I have decided to buy him one, but one not too expensive but can attended to his phone needs, basically good camera and battery life. I'm not sure he has too much need for storage, but a decent storage is okay. Kindly advice on a suitable phone for him, I need to get the phone and present to him as a birthday gift at his house party.

Note: SOMETHING NOT TOO EXPENSIVE O!

1 Like

Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by Depressed101: 6:06pm On Oct 31, 2019
Price range??
Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by Lordwheez(m): 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2019
How about "PHONICS".... Lol.... Like if you got the joke Share if you're as confused as I am....
Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by NuclearReactor: 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2019
Lol, its Tecno marketers on the beat
Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by greatnaija01: 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2019
Rubiesangel:
My nephew will be turning 16 in 2 weeks and he wants a smart phone. Personally, I think he isn't quite matured to have a smart phone, or I think it might distract him. The young man has gone on to prove me wrong and he is good with phones.

Now I have decided to buy him one, but one not too expensive but can attended to his phone needs, basically good camera and battery life. I'm not sure he has too much need for storage, but a decent storage is okay. Kindly advice on a suitable phone for him, I need to get the phone and present to him as a birthday gift at his house party.

there are chinko phones on JUMIA with 2600MAH.... phone that will die in the middle of a chat before he even tells any girl he loves her... or phone that will die after 2 videos....

something that even powerbank can not help. then get him a very very expensive line like ETISALAD.... so he will waste his cash or turn beggar.

8 Likes

Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by internationalman(m): 6:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
You think a 16 year old doesn't need a phone?
Let's say the said boy had money, would you call him a kid..
How old was Kylie Jenner when she was a billionaire..
go and tell her she doesn't need a phone na.

12 Likes

Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by Yyvonne: 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2019
I don't know your budget but you can get him Camon 12 Air. He'd like it...
Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by Omojudy: 7:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
Buy the boy an iPhone 7 minimum already joo. No buy something that will spoil too soon and you become that uncle that bought me phone that gave me wahala as my first phone. Be remembered as the great uncle. Do your good well make your award last!

2 Likes

Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by Kogbaski: 7:46pm On Oct 31, 2019
Rubiesangel:

me sha I'm just wondering why you would think a 16 year old doesn't need a phone in this 21st century

2 Likes

Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by Kogbaski: 7:46pm On Oct 31, 2019
Omojudy:
Buy the boy an iPhone 7 minimum already joo. No buy something that will spoil too soon and you become that uncle that bought me phone that gave me wahala as my first phone. Be remembered as the great uncle. Do your good well make your award last!
nice point.
Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by Temitope1759(f): 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2019
This largely depends on your budget. There are a lot of devices you can buy ranging from low budget to mid-range. The Spark 4 is not a bad.
Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by Mancala: 12:01am On Nov 01, 2019
Technically, a 16 year old is a minor, so I will answer your question with a question. Do you have his parents consent? It is quite common that parents want their child to earn their first phone as a way to teach them responsibility. So would be wise for you to ask his parents consent especially if it's a smart phone with internet capabilities.
Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by devbojj: 10:00am On Nov 01, 2019
Guess phones are good with kids in holidays...
Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 01, 2019
Tell him your budget and let him choose for himself. You'd be surprised how good a bargain he would get and he's old enough to make some decisions on his own.
One proviso though, don't just give him a phone; tie it to an achievement; academic or otherwise; so that he will feel that he has earned it and will learn that nothing comes free.
Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by Octopusssy(f): 4:56am On Nov 02, 2019
greatnaija01:

there are chinko phones on JUMIA with 2600MAH.... phone that will die in the middle of a chat before he even tells any girl he loves her... or phone that will die after 2 videos....

something that even powerbank can not help. then get him a very very expensive line like ETISALAD.... so he will waste his cash or turn beggar.
Correct. You get sense.

1 Like

Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by frozen70g(f): 8:02am On Nov 02, 2019
Rubiesangel:

I got a Nokia touch light for my son at 16yrs so that he can make calls

When he was 17 this year as he just wrote his weac and made his papers, I bought an android phone for gin to be chatting with his alma mata, well I told him that I don't want to see nonsense in his phone

He password his phone and use his finger print to lock it, I don't have issues with that

Anytime I feel like going to his phone, I ask him to open his phone thst I want to view his chats, I go straight to his gallery and see if there is any naughty picture there

I will advise if he has finished his waec, you can get him a phone

The issue of small phone with camera is not working out because an android phone is an android phone and can do what other android big phone does

The difference is the phone capacity

Tey and get an android phone that has 2GB capacity for a start
Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by landnewf: 1:25am On Nov 06, 2019
down
Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by tundchip2: 6:20am On Nov 06, 2019
What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? What year are we in 2005? This is the 21st century dawg.

1 Like

Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by MedicH: 7:34am On Nov 06, 2019
My girlfriend got into the uni at 15 and will graduate at 21. Now think again.

1 Like

Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 1:22pm On Nov 06, 2019
MedicH:
My girlfriend got into the uni at 15 and will graduate at 21. Now think again.
undecided
Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by MedicH: 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2019
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
undecided

Lol. Get one for urself. U need it
Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 1:47pm On Nov 06, 2019
I want you undecided
MedicH:

Lol. Get one for urself. U need it
Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by greatnaija01: 2:48pm On Nov 06, 2019
buyfromalaba:

Why not Alaba where you can get it cheaper compare to online stores

For your Electroni/Electrical....At ALABA INTERNATIONAL MARKET ( The most original and reliable place to get your choice Electrical/Electronics/Imported Furniture product at an affordable rate )

Alaba? WHO HAS THE TIME TO GO THROUGH HOLD UP AND PLENTY BUSES TO GET TO ALABA.... did you consider where he lives?

See, alaba is just wasting their opportunities, UNTIL THEY GO ONLINE AND DO HOME DELIVERY THEY WILL NOT GET THE BEST IN THE MARKET.

People are busy, people have things to do.... IF YOU WANT TO SELL, YOU HAVE TO MEET THEM WHERE THEY ARE.... gone are the days you wait for people to come to you.

1 Like

Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 06, 2019
buyfromalaba:

And way cheap at Alaba

For your Electroni/Electrical....At ALABA INTERNATIONAL MARKET ( The most original and reliable place to get your choice Electrical/Electronics/Imported Furniture product at an affordable rate )

Personally, I would never advice Alaba or computer village to a newbie. Chances are high that they'll get cheated, maybe a phone full of eba or stones. At best, they will just not get any warrantee. A standard phone outlet is far better.

1 Like

Re: What Does A 16 Year Old Need A Smart Phone For? by Florblu(f): 6:56pm On Nov 06, 2019
My niece who is 4 years old have a tablet she operates on her own. So what's your question again?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Are Girls From River State Known For? / Smoking Wife / Is Child Obesity Child Abuse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.