Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon (15957 Views)

Soludo Pays Tribute To Amaechi, Says He Was A "Zikist Who Believed In Nigeria" / 2023: Amaechi Says He Is Not Contesting For Presidency / Wike Mocks Amaechi, Says ‘I Taught Him A Lesson In Politics’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by obafemee80(m): 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2019
[img]https://imagizer./img921/1662/1whxaC.jpg[/img]

The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, on Monday said insecurity along the Abuja-Kaduna road has increased the passenger traffic on the Abuja-Kaduna rail service by 270 per cent. The route, which has a carrying capacity of 1,000 daily passengers, now ferries 3,700 passengers daily.

Amaechi also revealed that more coaches would soon be added on the route to cater for the high passenger volume. This will also stop the passengers from standing on the coaches while travelling.

Amaechi said,
“The reason why we allowed standing on the Abuja-Kaduna train is the insecurity that has made it unbearable to insist on sitting.

“But once we get the next 10 coaches we are sending to Abuja-Kaduna, the situation where passengers stand inside our coaches will be reduced. Although it will not solve the problem of the 3,700 passengers, at least it will reduce the number of those who stand.”

He also added that ,
“The actual number of passengers that the service can take for the sitting capacity is about 1,000 plus, but we are carrying 3,700 people daily. So if you add 10 coaches of 84 passengers per coach, you will know that we are under pressure. We know that when the coaches come and we make it more regular the pressure will be reduced.”

The Minister also revealed plans to start making Made-In-Nigeria Trains.  He said that on November 8, 2019, the Federal Government would lay the foundation for the Kajola factory in Ogun State where locomotives, wagons and coaches would be constructed by Chinese firms at no cost to Nigeria.

Amaechi also announced plans to commence a trial run of trains on the Lagos-Ibadan railway service in December. He said passengers will get free train rides during the Yuletide period.

“Our target is to start by November 30 this year, specifically from Ebute-Meta in Lagos to Ibadan in Oyo State.”

He urged the contractor handling the project, China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation, to complete the minor stations on the Lagos-Ibadan railway before November 25.

“If I spend sleepless nights to sign approvals for you, I don’t want to hear you use rain as an excuse why you can’t deliver your job as engineers,”

“I will struggle to make sure that before Christmas it happens,”

https://autojosh.com/federal-government-sets-to-start-making-made-in-nigeria-trains/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by babdap: 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2019
Good news, guess I will be travelling this December for free

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by Ahmed0336(m): 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2019
Gradually we are getting there.

This is the New Nigeria. grin grin

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by donvicky2007: 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2019
That is good for our country.... one step at a time, with time Nigeria will get its ass right.

14 Likes

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by omoiyamayor(m): 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2019
This one weak my bome. Male I go toilet abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by oyin44: 9:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
In south west Excellent

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by IGBOSON1: 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2019
oyin44:
In south west Excellent

Why is it ‘excellent’?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by tartar9(m): 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Why is it ‘excellent’?
You want it to be situated in the SE where the tracks will be stolen overnight

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by Jimi24: 9:59pm On Oct 31, 2019
Ahmed0336:
Gradually we are getting there.

This is the New Nigeria. grin grin

Nigerian Railway Corporation had workshops that could manufacture rolling stock and train coaches in the 70s
Nigeria is not just getting there. It was past there and went back. Blame IBB, Abacha, OBJ and GEj

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by adekolaelect(m): 10:18pm On Oct 31, 2019
omoiyamayor:
This one weak my bome. Male I go toilet abeg
take panadol

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by ursullalinda(f): 10:23pm On Oct 31, 2019
Hahaha abeg let's leave this for now and sort out rice and beans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by Rosskiki: 10:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD THIS YEAR.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.

THIS IS WHAT WE CALL INDUSTRIALISATION.

NIGERIA IS MOVING FORWARD.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by IGBOSON1: 10:30pm On Oct 31, 2019
tartar9:

You were the bigot implying a few hours ago that INNOSON was doing well because of the federal gov’t! So if a coy you know is situated in the SE is doing well, what makes you think this planned one that will build trains would meet a different fate?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by Generalwoodz(m): 11:33pm On Oct 31, 2019
They just dey talk talk
Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by aolawale025: 11:35pm On Oct 31, 2019
Yet another lofty promise

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by ahaz: 11:36pm On Oct 31, 2019
tartar9:

is this stupidity or witchcraft?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by Rosskiki: 11:38pm On Oct 31, 2019
aolawale025:
Yet another lofty promise

Nothing like ''lofty promise'' where this president is concerned, working with the Chinese. His record with them in terms of completed projects speaks for itself.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by letusbepieces: 11:39pm On Oct 31, 2019
wake me up wen dem start.
Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by leofab(f): 12:07am On Nov 01, 2019
Talk is cheap
Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by Nobody: 12:57am On Nov 01, 2019
Abacha is not blame he was making good advances in building our rail network until Thief Obasanjo came and reversed it all.
Jimi24:

Nigerian Railway Corporation had workshops that could manufacture rolling stock and train coaches in the 70s
Nigeria is not just getting there. It was past there and went back. Blame IBB, Abacha, OBJ and GEj

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by Nobody: 1:07am On Nov 01, 2019
Even the fact that these promises are still being made after president has already been elected for his 2nd term, adds the seal sincerity.
Most corrupt politicians stop and start backtracking on promises immediately after being elected.
Rosskiki:

Nothing like ''lofty promise'' where this president is concerned, working with the Chinese. His record with them in terms of completed projects speaks for itself.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by justtoodark: 3:43am On Nov 01, 2019
tartar9:

wat....??

hahahaha....

guy,you bad no be small....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by Kendumazy(m): 5:07am On Nov 01, 2019
Nice one. Amaechi is very active this tenure.

It's the shirt seller again! Check my signature below for more details.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by jaxxy(m): 5:08am On Nov 01, 2019
We don’t have power, basic amenities and facilities and we talking on made in Nigeria trains.

U guys haven’t fixed the economy yet. Nothing innovative just building infrastructure here and there on borrowed funds that my be more difficult to maintain in a poor and unplanned economy.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by StudentsNG: 5:11am On Nov 01, 2019
Take a look at the very clean world class "Train Station".

Jokers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by Ykc2(m): 5:13am On Nov 01, 2019
Gwaaad this amechi if they keep me and him in one room I will so beat him that he will forget his Yoruba name rotimi and start answering names from idioro Mushin names like wasiu and mukaila angry
Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by RTSC: 5:14am On Nov 01, 2019
tartar9:

So you actually believe trains will only be in the south west?

When it reaches the east, go and remove it.

Clown talking nonsense.

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by anonimi: 5:14am On Nov 01, 2019
babdap:

The way people have been travelling for free on Buhari/Amaechi's trains from Iju to Abeokuta since February? grin shocked

Amaechi apologises to Nigerians over suspension of free Iju-Abeokuta train ride

The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi on Friday apologised to Nigerians over the suspension of the Iju-Abeokuta free train ride during the 2019 general elections.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/amaechi-apologises-to-nigerians-over-suspension-of-free-iju-abeokuta-train-ride/ph3h5xl

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3356469_screenshot20160131120000_jpeg639beaec46d4ced684f639998a489af2

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by spiritedtete: 5:16am On Nov 01, 2019
.'...When even the minister can testify to the insecurity on the route.... then what is the president doing about it.... what are the Security chiefs doing about it....

You don't expect everyone to use a train!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Says Made-In-Nigeria Trains To Be Launched Soon by Orissodiq: 5:17am On Nov 01, 2019
I think u Must be from osun state... Its osun that use to give free ride for festival
babdap:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adamawa Guber Election / Akpabio Planted Impeachment Story To Pit Tinubu Against Northerners -Ishaku Abbo / Jimoh Ibrahim: APC Won't Know What Hit Them When I Win Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.