Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Business Ideas - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Business Ideas (495 Views)

8 Most Lucrative Agricultural And Farming Business Ideas In Nigeria / What Are The Most Profitable Business Ideas In Agriculture? / Best Agricultural Business Ideas In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Ideas by olukaygold(m): 9:40am On Nov 01, 2019
Good morning nairalanders, I'm a builder,but I'll like to invest in a business for a side hustle. I've been contemplating on the kind of business to invest on among Charcoal (buying from north and sell in lagos) Goats(buying from North and sell in South). or Palm oil(buying from Osun state and sell in lagos).pls your advise is kindly needed. Any other business is also welcome.
Re: Business Ideas by healthserve(m): 10:11am On Nov 01, 2019
Why don't you try multiple business and learn the ropes as you walk the path.

Charcoal can be gotten from Kwara so you don't necessarily need to travel too deep north, Taraba and Jo's are excellent sources too

Ive heard from many people that Palm oil has low competition and is highly lucrative. Its a futuristic business. This commodity is abundant throughout states like Ekiti and Ondo

For the goat buying and then selling in the south, you'll face stiff competition from the market. I advise against this. If you want to breed from young and sell matured its a different matter entirely but purchase from source and sales in Lagos for this commodity is one agro venture I would like you to discourage you from.
Re: Business Ideas by olukaygold(m): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2019
healthserve:
Why don't you try multiple business and learn the ropes as you walk the path.

Charcoal can be gotten from Kwara so you don't necessarily need to travel too deep north, Taraba and Jo's are excellent sources too
[/quite]Thanks for your reply, due to heavy rain downpour, getting Charcoal is bit hard,scarce and costly for now, I'll try this after raining season.

Ive heard from many people that Palm oil has low competition and is highly lucrative. Its a futuristic business. This commodity is abundant throughout states like Ekiti and Ondo
I've been thinking of this,but I dont know how lucrative it's, can 200k start the business

For the goat buying and then selling in the south, you'll face stiff competition from the market. I advise against this. If you want to bred from young and sell matured its a different matter entirely but purchase from source and sales in Lagos for this commodity is one agro venture I would like you to discourage you from.[/quote]
My target are both online and offline like selling to the canteens and advertising with the use of billboards.
Thanks for your reply once again
Re: Business Ideas by healthserve(m): 10:27am On Nov 01, 2019
olukaygold:

My target are both online and offline like selling to the canteens and advertising with the use of billboards.

Oh. Okay the non traditional market is excellent for goat then. I assumed the traditional market. By the way, to maximise productivity, most traders do multiple commodities I.e onion, goat and palm oil so the aje of one product will appeal to customers for other products
Re: Business Ideas by healthserve(m): 10:28am On Nov 01, 2019
olukaygold:

I've been thinking of this,but I dont know how lucrative it's, can 200k start the business

For the goat buying and then selling in the south, you'll face stiff competition from the market. I advise against this. If you want to bred from young and sell matured its a different matter entirely but purchase from source and sales in Lagos for this commodity is one agro venture I would like you to discourage you from.

If 200k is your working capital then start with palm oil. You won't regret this choice
Re: Business Ideas by olukaygold(m): 11:07am On Nov 01, 2019
healthserve:

If 200k is your working capital then start with palm oil. You won't regret this choice
I'll do some research. Thank you so much
Re: Business Ideas by pureluck360: 10:15pm On Nov 12, 2019
PURE WHITE - QUALITY WOVEN PACKAGING BAG - 5KG (FOR RICE, FLOUR, SUGAR, GARRI, BEANS, SALT, FEED, WHEAT, CORN, CHEMICAL, ETC.)

N100/PIECE
CALL OR WHATSAPP: 09074086576

(1) (Reply)

Wood Round Stick Making Machine For Sale / Foodstuff Business / Any Hope For A Termite-infested Cocoa Plantation???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.