Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry (4210 Views)

Isa Misau: Nigerians Can't Afford To Risk Tinubu As President / Lai Mohammed: Many Nigerians Can't Sing National Anthem / Inside Yahaya Bello's Multi-Billion Naira Mansion By TheNigeriaTimes.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by chrisagyei: 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2019
WhoBeThisMan:
well for once I agree with you. What we need is total regional integration. There is no competition between us . No one wins in that.

If only the whole Africa will run with the Kwame Nkuruma(I dont know if I spelt it right) Vision .

Until Africa a is United, collectivly, they will all be backward.
Exactly, I always research on world largest purchasing power nations.Forget population because higher population does not automatically translate to higher purchasing power. Example is USA has a population of about 300 million people buh a purchasing power of 20 trillion dollars compared to India of 1.3 billion people with a purchasing power of 4 trillion dollars. Meaning, trade within Americans is multiple times more profitable than trade between USA and India. Surplus American products reaches India.

Anytime countries with largest GDP purchasing powers are ranked,USA is first,EU is second and China is third. EU corporately act as one country then later France,Germany, Italy,UK and others represents individually in the top 20.So they keep their soveirenty and laws buh in terms of trade,they're one nation and virtually trade among themselves without restrictions.

In Africa, if Egypt with a GDP PPP of 1.3 trillion dollars, Nigeria with 1.2 trillion dollars,SA with 1 trillion dollars,Algeria with over 500 billion dollars, Morroco has over 350 billion dollars, Ghana with over 200 billion dollars, the rest altogether in Africa with about 3 trillion dollars making a total of over 6 trillion dollars for Africa with a total population of 1.2 billion people. Meaning we beat India,any single European country and other countries apart from the US and China and we can trade among ourselves by both sourcing of raw materials which we have abundantly and selling off finished products which we have the purchasing power to buy our own products and with cheap labour and easy access to raw materials,in the next 20 years,Africa will be the home of trade and extreme development and even with a single currency and free movement of people and services, the world will envy us.

That's how the African Free Trade Agreement has been established. Instead of us seeing ourselves as competitors, we should see ourselves as business associates whilst we keep our individual sovereignty, culture, pride, budget, government type and laws.That's the Nkrumah's dream.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by chrisagyei: 4:53pm On Nov 01, 2019
WhoBeThisMan:
my guy you were making sense before , I even praised you, but now you are talking trash and hate again . Bye
that's how i answer and feed my trolls.I feed them with their own medicine.I easily switch back to my original pan African self.
Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by WhoBeThisMan: 5:13pm On Nov 01, 2019
chrisagyei:
Exactly, I always research on world largest purchasing power nations.Forget population because higher population does not automatically translate to higher purchasing power. Example is USA has a population of about 300 million people buh a purchasing power of 20 trillion dollars compared to India of 1.3 billion people with a purchasing power of 4 trillion dollars. Meaning, trade within Americans is multiple times more profitable than trade between USA and India. Surplus American products reaches India.

Anytime countries with largest GDP purchasing powers are ranked,USA is first,EU is second and China is third. EU corporately act as one country then later France,Germany, Italy,UK and others represents individually in the top 20.So they keep their soveirenty and laws buh in terms of trade,they're one nation and virtually trade among themselves without restrictions.

In Africa, if Egypt with a GDP PPP of 1.3 trillion dollars, Nigeria with 1.2 trillion dollars,SA with 1 trillion dollars,Algeria with over 500 billion dollars, Morroco has over 350 billion dollars, Ghana with over 200 billion dollars, the rest altogether in Africa with about 3 trillion dollars making a total of over 6 trillion dollars for Africa with a total population of 1.2 billion people. Meaning we beat India,any single European country and other countries apart from the US and China and we can trade among ourselves by both sourcing of raw materials which we have abundantly and selling off finished products which we have the purchasing power to buy our own products and with cheap labour and easy access to raw materials,in the next 20 years,Africa will be the home of trade and extreme development and even with a single currency and free movement of people and services, the world will envy us.

That's how the African Free Trade Agreement has been established. Instead of us seeing ourselves as competitors, we should see ourselves as business associates whilst we keep our individual sovereignty, culture, pride, budget, government type and laws.That's the Nkrumah's dream.
now you are making alot of sense. If I could see you I will give you one alomo on me grin

Joke aside , any division amongst us Africans is counter productive in any regard. No man is an island we all need one another. I wish there could be more enlightenment like this instead of useless competition.

I travel around Africa alot and I see so many untapped potentials if only there is unity and enlightenment.

You see a Nigerian man more willing to do business with a white man who has nothing to offer than an felow African. You see a Ghanian calling a Nigerian man Anago, but a white man is Obroni. Same thing in South Africa, a white man is an investor, a fellow African is a migrant.. It doesn't make sense at all.

We should ask ourselves who is benefiting from this division? Certainly not us, those who are benefiting are the developed nations.

So long as African remains a sleeping giant, they can continue to exploit us and give us useless handouts. Africa is like a mighty camel with such big muscles and legs and such a towering hight, but yet bends to the will of a small boy.

Well as bad as it is, it presents to us a great opportunity in our generation to change it and make the best out of it.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by chrisagyei: 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2019
WhoBeThisMan:
now you are making alot of sense. If I could see you I will give you one alomo on me grin

Joke aside , any division amongst us Africans is counter productive in any regard. No man is an island we all need one another. I wish there could be more enlightenment like this instead of useless competition.

I travel around Africa alot and I see so many untapped potentials if only there is unity and enlightenment.

You see a Nigerian man more willing to do business with a white man who has nothing to offer than an felow African. You see a Ghanian calling a Nigerian man Anago, but a white man is Obroni. Same thing in South Africa, a white man is an investor, a fellow African is a migrant.. It doesn't make sense at all.

We should ask ourselves who is benefiting from this division? Certainly not us, those who are benefiting are the developed nations.

So long as African remains a sleeping giant, they can continue to exploit us and give us useless handouts. Africa is like a mighty camel with such big muscles and legs and such a towering hight, but yet bends to the will of a small boy.

Well as bad as it is, it presents to us a great opportunity in our generation to change it and make the best out of it.
Exactly. Am glad you've travelled around the continent so you know what you're talking about with experience. Yeah the black man or African hate themselves and their fellow Africans buh bow down to the non African or the whites because they perceive them to be more superior no matter the level of evidence that shows of them invading the continent 600 years ago,feeding from the rich natural resources from the continent, enslavement of millions of the well able Africans to work their whole lives without pay and their generations upon generations to work for 400 good years without rest and after that,as if that was not enough, they sat at Berlin, Germany Divided the continent into 54 colonies and colonised it for a minimum of 60 years thus taking 100,% control of all the continent's minerals and most importantly, injecting mental slavery into our minds through their education, laws and systems so that we will always view them as superior.

I always tell my self that mental independence will take about 200 years to achieve. We the current generations are already deeply condemned and into their admiral of their beautiful culture,music,laws,so called machines, etc.They control everything now in our minds.The Chinese were able to break free buh instead of them to assist us to freedom, they in turn continue enslavement of ourselves and resources to make themselves better.

Our generations to come will set us free buh we will have to lay a good hidden foundation for them years to come. Very soon all these things we are doing and writing will be kept into rich archives and they will revisit them to see if their ancestors who are long gone which is us for them or our imperialist enslaved. Posterity will judge our every single action and word.May God help us all and our motherland continent.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by Quorax: 6:19pm On Nov 01, 2019
helinues:
Yhen Yhen Yhen

Ordinary your moniker sells you out.

Charlie, why not advise your government to also close their borders...

All this epistles are unnecessary cos combination of Lagos and Kano populations alone is over Ghana populations

I am a Nigerian (though I had a Ghanaian grandmother) but are you not ashamed that a Ghanaian is quoting GDP, purchasing power and you are quoting population? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by wiseone28: 6:22pm On Nov 01, 2019
seankafor:
Lol..today you didn't come with your normal rants and insults.. glory to God cheesy

But brother, honestly and from the depth of my heart, I want to ask you one thing..insults and brawls apart.

Why do you carry this border closure thing to heart?
Why do you take it more personal than even your ministers and nigeria themselves?

I know it's okay to be patriotic and defend your own, but you carry it way more than even Benin and Niger who are greatly affected by the impacts?

You keep telling us how your country accounts for billions of GDP, and other ludicrous figures you keep quoting each an every thread, those ones no do u, u now create a thread for it..

All those self consolations haven't been enough from you?
You enjoy steady power supply, 100% electricity, and good health care..you grow at 8% every week, you are the giant of Africa.. we agree you are all these..

Can you please let's close our border in peace?if it comes out bad for us, let's suffer it..if it comes out good..so be it.

Is that hard to ask?
Why you carry this matter for head like this?

The way am seeing this,this border closure is giving you sleepless nights and hypertension..

I will advise you as I will advise my blood..even us in Nigeria no dey carry naija Mata for head.. you in Ghana carrying naija matter for head..brother you are on a long thing....

Na u go tire

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by helinues: 6:22pm On Nov 01, 2019
Quorax:

I am a Nigerian (though I had a Ghanaian grandmother) but are you not ashamed that a Ghanaian is quoting GDP, purchasing power and you are quoting population? undecided

Oga, I have also lived in that same Ghana for years most especially Accra town. Purchasing power with what populations? if they have the purchasing power, why sending the foreign goods to Nigeria as if we are a dumping site?

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by Quorax: 6:23pm On Nov 01, 2019
Zooposki:

I don’t understand. Why all this unnecessary comparisons with Nigeria? We don’t care. Take the topic to Cediland so that your country men can celebrate it there.

We are striving to achieve China levels, not Ghana. Ghana levels is like moving 1million steps backwards.
grin

China level. But you mock Peter Obi for referencing China undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by Just30: 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2019
helinues:

Oga, I have also lived in that same Ghana for years most especially Accra town. Purchasing power with what populations? if they have the purchasing power, why sending the foreign goods to Nigeria as if we are a dumping site?
no one in his right sense will transit goods for nigeria through Ghana
Because Ghana import duties are the highest in West Africa
Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by genii96(m): 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2019
Keep deceiving yourself, your own ministers are here begging, go and show them this your news and leave us and our borders alone.
Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by helinues: 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2019
Just30:
no one in his right sense will transit goods for nigeria through Ghana
Because Ghana import duties are the highest in West Africa

They why are they crying more than Benin and Niger as we partially closed our borders
Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by RTSC: 7:06pm On Nov 01, 2019
These Ghanaians are just funny.
A tiny country in every way but with the arrogance of a giant.

Is there any Ghanian company worth a billion dollars?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by EkwensuAmosu1: 7:55pm On Nov 01, 2019
[s]
helinues:

They why are they crying more than Benin and Niger as we partially closed our borders
[/s]
Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by chrisagyei: 7:55pm On Nov 01, 2019
RTSC:
These Ghanaians are just funny.
A tiny country in every way but with the arrogance of a giant.

Is there any Ghanian company worth a billion dollars?

Yes of cos.google worth of Ghana Commercial Bank ,Consolidated Bank of Ghana,Anglo-Ashanti goldfields,Electricity Company of Ghana and others and there're worth more than a billion dollars and they're all Ghanaian owned,

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by RTSC: 8:29pm On Nov 01, 2019
chrisagyei:
Yes of cos.google worth of Ghana Commercial Bank ,Consolidated Bank of Ghana,Anglo-Ashanti goldfields,Electricity Company of Ghana and others and there're worth more than a billion dollars and they're all Ghanaian owned,
None of those companies are worth much in Africa.

I don't even know them. I doubt if they are worth 1 billion dollars.

Local champion companies.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by theenchanter: 8:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
chrisagyei:

purchasing power is all about strength of a currency and prices of goods in a country.... it has nothing to do with what u're proclaiming.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by GENERATOGERIA: 8:38pm On Nov 01, 2019
MUMU talk grin you don’t know if they are worth 1 billion? Fuckeduppedness the last time I checked, Ghana was not the poverty capital of the world ooh grin Fuckeduppedness

RTSC:

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by GENERATOGERIA: 8:44pm On Nov 01, 2019
Purchasing power, my azz. Half of your population are children because you guys give birth like pigs. grin out of the remaining population, half are unenemployed grin seriously, perhaps only about 10 million Nigerians have any purchasing power grin go sit down o jare grin you think large population is the same as higher purchasing power. You’ll be shocked to find out that Ghana as a country has a bigger purchasing power grin no be mouth grin

theenchanter:
purchasing power is all about strength of a currency and prices of goods in a country.... it has nothing to do with what u're proclaiming.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by GENERATOGERIA: 8:46pm On Nov 01, 2019
Which market? Don’t deceive yourself grin
googi:
Inspite of all the infighting between Africans these days, Ghana remains our traditional brothers in most areas.

But when it comes to market, Ghana cannot even compete with Lagos.

Stop believing all the future sugar high they put on developing countries looking for places to exploit on short-term basis. Focus on your market right now, realities and how to wean ourselves off foreign products most of which are made up of discarded junk in exchange for our forex.

I admire your leaders but they never had the market of Nigeria to manage. Not even South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by GENERATOGERIA: 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2019
Typical crap from zoo dweller. Very very fuelish grin

Zooposki:

I don’t understand. Why all this unnecessary comparisons with Nigeria? We don’t care. Take the topic to Cediland so that your country men can celebrate it there.

We are striving to achieve China levels, not Ghana. Ghana levels is like moving 1million steps backwards.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by aminusodiq(m): 8:50pm On Nov 01, 2019
chrisagyei:
I don't know if you realise the purchasing power of Ghana is more than 200 billion dollars. Am not sure your Lagos State which is the most biggest financial heart and population wise in your entire country and account for more than 1/5 th of revenue generated in the entire Nigeria.

Our economy is growing massively at 8.8%,our GDP has risen to 65 billion dollars with the highest per capita income in West Africa. We need all West African markets especially Nigeria to develop more and we rather prefer West Africans to tap into our development and economic growth and trade more than Western nations. That's why we were awarded the sole right to host the African Free Trade Agreement Headquarters in Accra,Ghana. That's why our ministers are going to Nigeria to diplomatically resolve any border issues.I hate it when some of your brothers say we're begging you guys because in terms of trade,both sides benefits.We don't smuggle anything out of our country from anywhere cos our port duties alone is taxed and more expensive than any port in West Africa do it will be foolish to import something into Ghana to smuggle to outside Ghana.

We're currently building a factory each in over 200 districts in our country and currently, factories and industries makes up 25% of our GDP. No country is an island.
u mean Ordinary Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by theenchanter: 8:52pm On Nov 01, 2019
GENERATOGERIA:
[s]Purchasing power, my azz. Half of your population are children because you guys give birth like pigs. grin out of the remaining population, half are unenemployed grin seriously, perhaps only about 10 million Nigerians have any purchasing power grin go sit down o jare grin you think large population is the same as higher purchasing power. You’ll be shocked to find out that Ghana as a country has a bigger purchasing power grin no be mouth grin[/s]

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by udemzyudex(m): 9:13pm On Nov 01, 2019
chrisagyei:
don't let me call you foolish.There are currently millions of Nigerian retail traders in Ghana and thousands have been stranded throughout this week in Kumasi alone because GUTA has locked their shops and businesses. You can move along if you're not interested and stop hating on a country which is not suppressing your already miserable life.

I understand what you're trying to do mister, you're doing the work of a social media influencer, posting all kinds rubbish and nonsense to make it look like you guys don't give a hoot but you're here ,you and your other Ghanian friend disturbing us with your GDP rank.

Smh

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by edoairways: 9:14pm On Nov 01, 2019
chrisagyei:
I don't know if you realise the purchasing power of Ghana is more than 200 billion dollars. Am not sure your Lagos State which is the most biggest financial heart and population wise in your entire country and account for more than 1/5 th of revenue generated in the entire Nigeria.

Our economy is growing massively at 8.8%,our GDP has risen to 65 billion dollars with the highest per capita income in West Africa. We need all West African markets especially Nigeria to develop more and we rather prefer West Africans to tap into our development and economic growth and trade more than Western nations. That's why we were awarded the sole right to host the African Free Trade Agreement Headquarters in Accra,Ghana. That's why our ministers are going to Nigeria to diplomatically resolve any border issues.I hate it when some of your brothers say we're begging you guys because in terms of trade,both sides benefits.We don't smuggle anything out of our country from anywhere cos our port duties alone is taxed and more expensive than any port in West Africa do it will be foolish to import something into Ghana to smuggle to outside Ghana.

We're currently building a factory each in over 200 districts in our country and currently, factories and industries makes up 25% of our GDP. No country is an island.
So you posted these just to persuade the government for border opening? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by RTSC: 9:28pm On Nov 01, 2019
GENERATOGERIA:
MUMU talk grin you don’t know if they are worth 1 billion? Fuckeduppedness the last time I checked, Ghana was not the poverty capital of the world ooh grin Fuckeduppedness

India has the second highest number of poor people.

It doesn't mean Ghana will be on their level in ten life times.

You are not in the reckoning.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by WhoBeThisMan: 9:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
helinues:

Population has nothing to do with purchasing power. The UK is less than one third of Nigeria in population, but can you compare?
Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by RTSC: 9:34pm On Nov 01, 2019
WhoBeThisMan:

Population has nothing to do with purchasing power. The UK is less than one third of Nigeria in population, but can you compare?
Yes, population may have very little to do with purchasing power sometimes.
But it is only valid when compared with highly developed countries, not the likes of Ghana.

No country in west Africa or even in most parts of africa has Nigeria's purchasing power.
Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by Eteka1(m): 9:47pm On Nov 01, 2019
Small Ghana wan follow Nigeria drag. Wetin person no go see?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by yetunsbay(m): 10:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
GENERATOGERIA:
Purchasing power, my azz. Half of your population are children because you guys give birth like pigs. grin out of the remaining population, half are unenemployed grin seriously, perhaps only about 10 million Nigerians have any purchasing power grin go sit down o jare grin you think large population is the same as higher purchasing power. You’ll be shocked to find out that Ghana as a country has a bigger purchasing power grin no be mouth grin then why trying selling ur goods in 9ja then since u possess d purchasing power

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by yetunsbay(m): 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
GENERATOGERIA:
Purchasing power, my azz. Half of your population are children because you guys give birth like pigs. grin out of the remaining population, half are unenemployed grin seriously, perhaps only about 10 million Nigerians have any purchasing power grin go sit down o jare grin you think large population is the same as higher purchasing power. You’ll be shocked to find out that Ghana as a country has a bigger purchasing power grin no be mouth grin

Then why trying selling ur goods in 9ja then since u possess d purchasing power

Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by EkwensuAmosu1: 10:12pm On Nov 01, 2019
[s]
helinues:

[/s]
Re: Why Nigerians Can't Do Without Ghanaian Multi Billion Dollars Retail Industry by chrisagyei: 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
RTSC:

very funny response buh all the same, Google is your friend. I have given some names as you requested so you can cross check them if you doubt

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

/ STOWAWAY: Teenage Boy Found In Arik Aircraft Wheel (PICTURE) / Over 7000 Northerners have so far been arrested In Lagos Over Apapa Bomb Blast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.