Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) (55106 Views)

Akwa Ibom Science College Where Students Are Raised In Squalour / Checkout Nigerian University Where Students Pay N25k For Lab Coat / Adam Memorial Secondary School Araya, Delta, Where Students Sit On The Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by lexy2014: 9:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
PoliticalWitch:
Well, the solution is simple.

Pay higher fees.

And before anyone starts, Nigeria needs at least 3.5trillion naira annually to adequately fund education at primary and secondary level.

You cannot expect UK standard with 20 percent of UK budget

So because their parents don't pay as much as parents in UK pay, that means d kids have to live in a building without roofs

1 Like

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Mummyfour(f): 9:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
Mcreloaded:

Please mind your language.
Stop insulting poultry farms as i know there is no farmer that will not roof his poultry farm or e en a pig farm and allow his birds to die.
A pig farm does not even have open roof talk less of a poultry farm.
. Guy abeg forgive me for even glorifying the school. It's a jungle. At least jungle no dey use roof. Las Las na trees and wild animals grin

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by micflo28(m): 9:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
What are they doing with their school fees?
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Toseenlove: 9:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
Chidorx60:
God!!!!!!
This is not a school, This is a prison

You call this a Prison? Oh ok ok I get It, You actually mean "Nigeria Prisons" Copy that. Well In a sane Clime, Places like this are Deserted and I assure u, You won't find any living things there. Meanwhile @Op You should add "Warning Graphic" to the Content.
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Senudi96(m): 9:12pm On Nov 01, 2019
...Where students sleep under an open roof. My question is, Is it still a roof of it's open
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Powersurge: 9:17pm On Nov 01, 2019
Chidorx60:
God!!!!!!
This is not a school,This is a prison

E be like say head dey pain this one! Have you seen how a standard prison looks like? Abi na the shame we have in Nigeria you are referring to?

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 9:20pm On Nov 01, 2019
Chidorx60:
God!!!!!! This is not a school,This is a prison
even prison is far better
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by tonididdy(m): 9:21pm On Nov 01, 2019
where are the idiots chanting giant of Africa... even the ant of Africa will not have such a school.
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by wman(m): 9:23pm On Nov 01, 2019
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 01, 2019
lexy2014:

So because their parents don't pay as much as parents in UK pay, that means d kids have to live in a building without roofs

And then you people will be expecting UK level with a budget that isn't up to a quarter of what the UK spends on education in a year.

We are a poor country. The looting and bad leadership makes it worse
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by danwantu: 9:26pm On Nov 01, 2019
omoiyamayor:
Lol are sure u about this.they should gift this state to Ambazonia
DAN KWANBO you see your life!! this is a total mess
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Mcreloaded(m): 9:28pm On Nov 01, 2019
Mummyfour:
. Guy abeg forgive me for even glorifying the school. It's a jungle. At least jungle no dey use roof. Las Las na trees and wild animals grin
Better now.
No vex because o have a pig and poultry farm and their roofs are even better than most houses because its my investment and i have to make sure they are very ok unlike the investment Gombe state government has in this school.
Very sad. And kaltungo in Gombe state has lots of poisonous snakes thats why the place is also called snake island.

1 Like

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 01, 2019
Gforce2015:

Fulani, you want to shake the table , abi?
Kontinue! Omo' aale.

Do leave the napkins on the table neatly folded before you leave, O'Hara.

And don't forget to give little Angie her night glass of milk too. Make sure little Lionel has his bedtime snack.
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Toseenlove: 9:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
nep2ra:
See black man and where religion dey carry dem go.

Una go suffer tire. grin grin grin

Agba Awo to moje, I sight You brother, More Blessings!!! Meanwhile the bolded Is their Motto and Logo...

1 Like

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Nwaonyishi69: 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2019
They people can not understand the value of education. They fight against modern education at all levels. VSO one nation different interests.
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Legendguru: 9:43pm On Nov 01, 2019
hmmm
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Ejired: 9:46pm On Nov 01, 2019
This is extremely bad... They are human beings not Animals... Even Animals have a better treatment... And the government will do as if they did not see it... Even the head of the school... Please something have to be done... This is very bad hostel for that matter... If there hostel is like this.. How will there classrooms looks like.....please ooo government should do something.. sad sad sad
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 01, 2019
Who cares BOKO is HARAM in that region

You can't find a mosque in this shape in that region

And you ask me why I want biafra
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by KingBarry(m): 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2019
I feel so sorry for those kids

This country is bleeped
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by bonnyhope: 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2019
Gforce2015:
No good education in the north... Nah certificate Dem just dey distribute for their children..

Can you imagine nonsense hostel they kept the gombe's future of tomorrow... Like pig house...

So na South no de distribute Certificate abi
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by lexy2014: 10:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
PoliticalWitch:

And then you people will be expecting UK level with a budget that isn't up to a quarter of what the UK spends on education in a year.

We are a poor country. The looting and bad leadership makes it worse

U didn't answer d question:

"So because their parents don't pay as much as parents in UK pay, that means d kids have to live in a building without roofs"
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by shogsman(m): 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
Is this a prison ?
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2019
lexy2014:

U didn't answer d question:

"So because their parents don't pay as much as parents in UK pay, that means d kids have to live in a building without roofs"

I did.

You refuse to see the answer, because I am not moaning about 'how the government has been looting our patrimony'

The other day, one of your friends was crying about how schools in Nigeria are not as well equipped as schools in Canada. When confrnted with how much Canda spends on education compared to Nigeria...he was hemming and hawing.

In the 1970's, the government then took over a lot of mission schools and built a lot of new schools. We had the oil money in abundance. Now we don't, we insist on paying very low fees 'Because we are poor' and we pay taxes at the rate of 6% of our GDP. Because we are poor.

Menahwile the government at all levels runs far too many schools, and keeps on bulding new schools all on a very limited purse.

And we vote for the same old corrupt politicians

Yes, this is what their parents get,. A budget for educaiton that is less than 3 billion dollars to be split among 200million people...nearly half of whom are school going age. And then the scanty money is also looted. (and when we want to prosecute looters .....like James Ibori..for example...you people cry partiality, and so they are left alone.).

And yes, this is what their parents get for thinking that voting is just all you do in a democracy. No agitation, no holding people to ransom, just vote, and then go home.

Sorry mac, but it is our fault.

Good evening to you. And the painful truth is, I wish I could give Nigerians Canada level of education at N10000 per annum or less. But good quality education costs money. If you can't see that, I can;t help you.
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by prciouschika(f): 10:19pm On Nov 01, 2019
What should the boys do But life must go on
Dozzywest:
On top the dilapidation and squalor, some boys still find time for graffiti and signing their nicknames on the wall.

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by delishpot: 10:19pm On Nov 01, 2019
Temptee101:
shocked

I'm sure these ones shouted sai barber and celebrated bubu's re-election filled with irregularities

I'm also certain that when they grow they would join their parents in screaming 'one Nigeria'. They should enjoy the dividends of 'one nigeria'

Even the deaf, dumb and blind could correctly envisage what the future of these ones would be like

Spits

That school doesn't look like it started decaying in Bubus era o. The decay Don teeey. I am sure the problem comes from their state and local govt. The commissioner, chairmen and their bellied crooked colleagues have robbed the people blind since ages. And they say Nigeria get future?

2 Likes

Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Rolex66: 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2019
May the lives of those who voted for this incompetent and useless government be decorated like the dormitories in the pictures .

All those defending the rape of the Nigeria state by useless politicians will dwell in this kind of abodes in Jesus name, Amen
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
Rolex66:
May the lives of those who voted for this incompetent and useless government be decorated like the dormitories in the pictures .

All those defending the rape of the Nigeria state by useless politicians will dwell in this kind of abodes in Jesus name, Amen

Well, considering that Gombe State has been a PDP run state since 2011....and considering that the school in question is a state school, not a federal one, am sure you would be happy to recieve what you just siad.

The problem with you Nigerians is that you blame everything on the person in Aso Rock. That's how some of your opposite numbers , PDP man , (yes you are a GEJITE....don't deny it now) were blaming GEJ for not providing potable water for his village...forgetting that there are local government chiarmen, state governor and state water board.

Democracy is hard work, not how to chop.

(APC states too have the same issue...jsut so you know)
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Becon(m): 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2019
This is GSSSK, also known as LAKANJE,
is in Gombe state, kaltungo local government area,
Its even worse than what was taken. In the picture displayed here. [b][/b] sad[center][/center][quote][/quote]
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by EkwensuAmosu1: 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2019
[s]
post=83662890:
What an eyesore!
[/s]
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by catalan15(m): 10:38pm On Nov 01, 2019
Callousness Of The Highest Order....
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:41pm On Nov 01, 2019
Gforce2015:
No good education in the north... Nah certificate Dem just dey distribute for their children..

Can you imagine nonsense hostel they kept the gombe's future of tomorrow... Like pig house...
is there good education in South... I recently went to ebonyi what I saw is mind boggling...this picture is a national scourge
Re: Gombe Boarding School Where Students Sleep Under An Open Roof (Photos) by Becon(m): 10:41pm On Nov 01, 2019
Also take the keys along, on your way home,
What are u saying,
U h understand d value of education no?[b][/b][center][/center]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Only In Unillorin" - See What An Angry Unillorin Student Wrote About Her School / How Do I Stop My Female Students From Lusting After Me? / Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.