Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President (1767 Views)

Bode George: I’ll Dump Nigeria For Togo If Tinubu Becomes President / Abiola On If He Would Take IMF Loan When He Becomes President (Video) / Atiku’ll Divide Nigeria If He Becomes President — Miyeitti Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by nairalandankrah: 5:30am On Nov 02, 2019
Lets discuss the possibility of a Nigerian president of eastern extraction.
Do you see it happening, and if it does,will Nigeria be a better place under an Igbo president or will the present statuesque continue??!..

Personally I think Sullivan Chime, former governor of Enugu state will make a wonderful president...he did EXCEPTIONALLY well during his tenure..

1 Like

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by oyin44: 5:34am On Nov 02, 2019
We are biafrans not ipobians.My question is: Are they not the same. We have to save this nation from impending doom.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by alonzoiv(m): 5:40am On Nov 02, 2019
They will willingly divide the country, and make another country from this country.

However, every tribe and ethnicity has the right to aspire to lead this country. Leadership is not anybody's birthright

May the best man/woman win .

2 Likes

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Futuragetty: 5:41am On Nov 02, 2019
The presidency should come south in 2023.
Conventions fill spaces left by law.
And if it comes south then it should go east .
That's equity. So don't ask me if it's the law. The law only prescribes minimum acceptable standards of conducts.
This country has made federal character and quota system part of its culture.
So dont teach me nonsense!
The south west has had it for 8 years since 1999.
The south south has had it for 5 years since 1999.The south east has never had it .
I agree the south east will have to work it for it. I agree it needs to build bridges to reach it smoothly. But I have seen power go to regions and persons who barely worked for it.Obasanjo didnt work for it. The southwest didn't even want
him. Our power brokers then soothed an injury done all men of goodwill in June 12. An injury which Southwest only claimed ownership of .
All regions had voted for Abiola in 1992
It is important the Southeast is not treated as if it were the IPOB.
I have read statements that stink of bigotry. Statements that suggest that a group that aspires to secession cannot be
allowed to mount the throne of leadership of the country. Igbo is not IPOB.
What such warped reasoning actually does is to legitimize the extremism of the IPOB. It obliterates the middle ground if
reason and effectively labels rationalism as cowardice and moderates as slaves.
Igbo is not IPOB. Power went south south when the region was a pain in the
arse of our fat country; when the region had more renegade Generals than civil servants.
Boko haram wants a destruction of the country. Boko haram wants secession. Boko haram is the work of Nigerians. But no region has been made to bear the brunt of the delusions,
madness and blood letting of boko haram.
We have been established a Northeast development commission to help rebuild a region destroyed by some of it's children!
Demonization of the Fulani or Kanuri is not patriotism.
Igbophobia is not patriotism too.
In 2023 power should come south. And if it does, it should go southeast.That's equity.
But we can take it back to the southwest or keep it in the north.
But that wont be equity in this country where federal character and quota system governs equity and governs social justice.
Let us work to heal the nation.
Let the eagle perch. Let the kite perch.

15 Likes

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by nairalandankrah: 5:43am On Nov 02, 2019
alonzoiv:
They will willingly divide the country, and make another country from this country.
What!!!!!..

3 Likes

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Goldencheese(m): 5:52am On Nov 02, 2019
It is the right of every Nigerian to aspire to the highest political position in the country. So if an Igbo man or woman becomes the president, it is no news because the last time I checked Igbos are still Nigerians.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Mightyhaiz: 6:02am On Nov 02, 2019
That is the only normal outcome to be expected come 2023

7 Likes

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Cyberterror: 6:04am On Nov 02, 2019
Northerners will never vote any of the leading parties that present an Igbo man as President or vice president. Let's stop deceiving ourselves when we know the truth. The hardship of buhari's government was felt more in the north and they were waiting to vote Atiku as his replacement with the obvious advantage it would give them until the Cameroonian foolishly picked Peter Obi who was not just Igbo but also a bigot.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Kalapizim(m): 6:05am On Nov 02, 2019
I only wish the best man or woman for the job come 2023 irrespective of tribe.

1 Like

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by omenka(m): 6:08am On Nov 02, 2019
From the North, we've been hearing some names of likely interested parties like Rufai and Kwankwaso. From the West we've heard names like Osinbajo, Tinubu and Fayemi. Who is/are the candidate(s) the East is putting up?

1 Like

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by nairalandankrah: 6:16am On Nov 02, 2019
Cyberterror:
Northerners will never vote any of the leading parties that present an Igbo man as President or vice president. Let's stop deceiving ourselves when we know the truth. The hardship of buhari's government was felt more in the north and they were waiting to vote Atiku as his replacement with the obvious advantage it would give them until the Cameroonian foolishly picked Peter Obi who was not just Igbo but also a bigot.

Are you implying that this past presidential election was free and fair?
Are you saying that Peter obi was the reason atiku didn't win the past election?!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by nairalandankrah: 6:18am On Nov 02, 2019
Kalapizim:
I only wish the best man or woman for the job come 2023 irrespective of tribe.
Amen

1 Like

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by gloriaunobi(f): 6:19am On Nov 02, 2019
Let hausa and Yoruba continue to spoil this country once they're tired spoiling it they will call on igboto come and fix it

9 Likes

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by BafanaBafana: 6:21am On Nov 02, 2019
Cyberterror:
your assumptions are wrong.
the hardship was felt more in the north. How?
Northerners were never going to vote for Atiku, never never. In fact someone told me that Atiku can only win in the norht if he contests against an Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by EkwensuAmosu1: 6:22am On Nov 02, 2019
omenka:
From the North, we've been hearing some names of likely interested parties like Rufai and Kwankwaso. From the West we've heard names like Osinbajo, Tinubu and Fayemi. Who is/are the candidate(s) the East is putting up?
we don't care anymore
we the eastern are realistic we understand that producing a president does not amount to development of the region rather enriching the pockets of those politicians and their cronies while we brag under empty stomach that our people are in power.

seems Nigerians don't understand an Igbo man
an average igbo man don't care who's there they just want a someone that will bring development and good policies that will favor them in their businesses irrespective of the tribe you come from.
all we ask is a restructured government that will favour everyone, that everyone will feel the impact not some stupid system designed to favour only politicians and their cronies.

omenka tell me this

obasanjo was president for 8 years what did it bring to Yoruba did it improve the life of an average yoruba man?
no rather he and his family members are rich beyond everything.

Buhari is a president from the north
How did that improve the lives of northerners even his state katsina
did it stopped insecurities in the region?
rather his people including his cousins are cashing out billions from the government.

and so on
the only thing gain from them is Nairaland bragging right nothing more.

so don't be surprised when SE is not showing interest in this presidency thing

8 Likes

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by BafanaBafana: 6:24am On Nov 02, 2019
Why all this talk about Igbo presidency as if Igbos are not Nigerians. It was only Obasanjo that was made president because he was yourba. That will never happen again. APC will zone the presidency to the south, anybody can contest. The most popular candidate will win. Shikena
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by helinues: 6:27am On Nov 02, 2019
Not in 2023 cos

It is not visible
It is not possible
It is not real

Just only a dream
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by helinues: 6:30am On Nov 02, 2019
omenka:

Is Nnamdi Kanu not credible enough to be on Pdp's ballots? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by EkwensuAmosu1: 6:35am On Nov 02, 2019
[s]
helinues:

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by EkwensuAmosu1: 6:35am On Nov 02, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Not in 2023 cos

It is not visible
It is not possible
It is not real

Just only a dream
[/s]
shatap

3 Likes

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by nairalandankrah: 6:39am On Nov 02, 2019
BafanaBafana:

your assumptions are wrong.
the hardship was felt more in the north. How?
Northerners were never going to vote for Atiku, never never. In fact someone told me that Atiku can only win in the norht if he contests against an Igbo man.
Jesu!! u donminit!
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by kasheemawo(m): 6:40am On Nov 02, 2019
Future impossible tense
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by kasheemawo(m): 6:44am On Nov 02, 2019
Futuragetty:
The presidency should come south in 2023.
Conventions fill spaces left by law.
And if it comes south then it should go east .
That's equity. So don't ask me if it's the law. The law only prescribes minimum acceptable standards of conducts.
This country has made federal character and quota system part of its culture.
So dont teach me nonsense!
The south west has had it for 8 years since 1999.
The south south has had it for 5 years since 1999.The south east has never had it .
I agree the south east will have to work it for it. I agree it needs to build bridges to reach it smoothly. But I have seen power go to regions and persons who barely worked for it.Obasanjo didnt work for it. The southwest didn't even want
him. Our power brokers then soothed an injury done all men of goodwill in June 12. An injury which Southwest only claimed ownership of .
All regions had voted for Abiola in 1992
It is important the Southeast is not treated as if it were the IPOB.
I have read statements that stink of bigotry. Statements that suggest that a group that aspires to secession cannot be
allowed to mount the throne of leadership of the country. Igbo is not IPOB.
What such warped reasoning actually does is to legitimize the extremism of the IPOB. It obliterates the middle ground if
reason and effectively labels rationalism as cowardice and moderates as slaves.
Igbo is not IPOB. Power went south south when the region was a pain in the
arse of our fat country; when the region had more renegade Generals than civil servants.
Boko haram wants a destruction of the country. Boko haram wants secession. Boko haram is the work of Nigerians. But no region has been made to bear the brunt of the delusions,
madness and blood letting of boko haram.
We have been established a Northeast development commission to help rebuild a region destroyed by some of it's children!
Demonization of the Fulani or Kanuri is not patriotism.
Igbophobia is not patriotism too.
In 2023 power should come south. And if it does, it should go southeast.That's equity.
But we can take it back to the southwest or keep it in the north.
But that wont be equity in this country where federal character and quota system governs equity and governs social justice.
Let us work to heal the nation.
Let the eagle perch. Let the kite perch.
Ibo can not become Zoo president
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by kasheemawo(m): 6:45am On Nov 02, 2019
Goldencheese:
It is the right of every Nigerian to aspire to the highest political position in the country. So if an Igbo man or woman becomes the president, it is no news because the last time I checked Igbos are still Nigerians.
Biafra or death
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by 7lives: 7:48am On Nov 02, 2019
With which structure?, who stopped Igbos from contesting the presidential election?.
Obi Ezikwezeli and Kinsley Morgalu are both Igbos, did the Igbos voted for any of them?.
Ok on which party?, I hope it's not on a terrorist Islamic party like APC?.
Can the Igbos win an election without the votes of the Muslims, the Yorubas, the Fulani, the Hausas, the Almajiri's and so on?.
Their sure bet is on PDP which have already zone the presidential ticket to the north, if they get the ticket from PDP, they might have a chance.
Unfortunately for the Igbos PDP is a bussiness organization, they will not risk an Igbo candidate, they know it will be a hard product to sell.
So vice president sounds more like it, provided Atiku is not going to be the flag bearer, Atiku cannot win an election in the North, but PDP will still give him the ticket because they want his money.
Igbos should just strategize for the position of the Senate president from the APC, and gradually work their way up, to the presidency.
I shouldn't be the one telling them this, they are supposed to know better, they burned a lot of bridges, but that doesn't mean the bridges are irepairable.
This is a ten years plan, they better start working NOW, 'cause I don't see APC loosing power at the center anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by kolaaderin: 7:54am On Nov 02, 2019
helinues:

Serious joke?
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 02, 2019
Igbo amaka

1 Like

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Born2Breed(f): 8:02am On Nov 02, 2019
grin
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by flokii: 8:21am On Nov 02, 2019
No be only Sullivan, na Sullibus you go see
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by BafanaBafana: 8:32am On Nov 02, 2019
nairalandankrah:

Jesu!! u donminit!
I know a man from Borno, he doesn't like Buhari but he says he can't vote for Atiku because Igbos like him. His reason is that whatever Igbos love is not good for the north
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by kettykin: 8:38am On Nov 02, 2019
BafanaBafana:

I know a man from Borno, he doesn't like Buhari but he says he can't vote for Atiku because like him. His reason is that whatever Igbos love is not good for the north
If what ever igbos love is not good for the north then the north is finished forever, because igbos love money, business, achievement and enterprenuership and igbos hate boko haram , poverty ,idleness, violence and illiteracy .

They should put their hatred in to action like Malaysia did against Singapore

2 Likes

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 02, 2019
kettykin:

If what ever igbos love is not good for the north then the north is finished for ever because igbos love money, business, achievement and enterprenuership and igbos hate boko haram , poverty idleness, violence and illiteracy .

They should put their hatred in to action like Malaysia did against Singapore
Afamed is coming to attack you.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii helinues omenka

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Commissions A Convocation Arena Named After Him In Enugu / Imo State Hosts 2019 Ahiajoku Festival / Governor-elect Diri Douye Receives Certificate Of Return From INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.