Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President (1764 Views)

Bode George: I’ll Dump Nigeria For Togo If Tinubu Becomes President / Abiola On If He Would Take IMF Loan When He Becomes President (Video) / Atiku’ll Divide Nigeria If He Becomes President — Miyeitti Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by chudyprince: 8:51am On Nov 02, 2019
Not everybody will accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and personal savior

1 Like

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 02, 2019
chudyprince:
Not everybody will accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and personal savior
The Messiah always comes from the East grin

Cc lzaa gmbuharii afamed helinues omenka

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Kpoikpoi: 9:04am On Nov 02, 2019
nairalandankrah:
Lets discuss the possibility of a Nigerian president of eastern extraction.
Do you see it happening, and if it does,will Nigeria be a better place under an Igbo president or will the present statuesque continue??!..

Personally I think Sullivan Chime, former governor of Enugu state will make a wonderful president...he did EXCEPTIONALLY well during his tenure..
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Kpoikpoi: 9:07am On Nov 02, 2019
President of where?
BIAFRA ?
I will say,Okoro wake up, it's a dream.
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by LZAA: 9:21am On Nov 02, 2019
immhotep:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by LZAA: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2019
immhotep:

Afamed is coming to attack you.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii helinues omenka

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 02, 2019
omenka:
From the North, we've been hearing some names of likely interested parties like Rufai and Kwankwaso. From the West we've heard names like Osinbajo, Tinubu and Fayemi. Who is/are the candidate(s) the East is putting up?

Exactly. Put 20,000 Igbo in a stadium to vote a candidate and the whole show will end in fighting and stamped at the end with no clear candidate imaging. That is how confused they are. Now they don't even have one or two names supported by all. On this NL Igbos have mentioned like twenty to even include CEO of Peace airline.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by NNEWIsuper: 9:31am On Nov 02, 2019
nairalandankrah:
[s]Lets discuss the possibility of a Nigerian president of eastern extraction.
Do you see it happening, and if it does,will Nigeria be a better place under an Igbo president or will the present statuesque continue??!..

Personally I think Sullivan Chime, former governor of Enugu state will make a wonderful president...he did EXCEPTIONALLY well during his tenure[/s]..
Wawa person can't be president
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by kettykin: 9:38am On Nov 02, 2019
Oshigun:

Exactly. Put 20,000 Igbo in a stadium to vote a candidate and the whole show will end in fighting and stamped at the end with no clear candidate imaging. That is how confused they are. Now they don't even have one or two names supported by all. On this NL Igbos have mentioned like twenty to even include CEO of Peace airline.

Even Americans don't vote one candidate, it is only the blind Nigerian good for nothing zombies who will line up behind a candidate whether he is performing or not
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 02, 2019
@Topic.

An Igbo cannot be President in 2023. This is the cold reality Igbos have to accept. Therefore, no point giving an opinion to a speculation that cannot happen. What Igbos, always too emotional to face the truth, do not get is that political Kingmakers are united concluding it is far too dangerous to cede power to the Igbos in 2023 or even 2031 in my opinion if things remain the same.

At no time, bar the period before the civil war, have Igbos been this openly restive and anti-Nigerian. Kanu and IPOB nailed the coffin. They are now attacking Nigerian elected leaders abroad and bragging about to even claim this is now their new and accepted protocol. Everyday Igbo too is busy online insulting others venomously and swearing allegiance to Biafra and IPOB. Igbos now threaten it is 2023 or Nigeria will suffer. No one likes threats and no one believes Igbo given they have done zilch in the past after bragging non-stop. You do not give power over your life to your enemy. This is how many view Igbos even if brothers from the SE don't wan't to accept this reality they caused for themselves.

The noise of Igbo Presidency is academic and patronising. Kingmakers in the PDP or APC are not entertaining thoughts of an Igbo Presidency in 2023 even if they make patronising speech in public about the SE being entitled to it.

1 Like

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 02, 2019
Futuragetty:
The presidency should come south in 2023.
Conventions fill spaces left by law.
And if it comes south then it should go east .
That's equity. So don't ask me if it's the law. The law only prescribes minimum acceptable standards of conducts.
This country has made federal character and quota system part of its culture.
So dont teach me nonsense!
The south west has had it for 8 years since 1999.
The south south has had it for 5 years since 1999.The south east has never had it .
I agree the south east will have to work it for it. I agree it needs to build bridges to reach it smoothly. But I have seen power go to regions and persons who barely worked for it.Obasanjo didnt work for it. The southwest didn't even want
him. Our power brokers then soothed an injury done all men of goodwill in June 12. An injury which Southwest only claimed ownership of .
All regions had voted for Abiola in 1992
It is important the Southeast is not treated as if it were the IPOB.
I have read statements that stink of bigotry. Statements that suggest that a group that aspires to secession cannot be
allowed to mount the throne of leadership of the country. Igbo is not IPOB.
What such warped reasoning actually does is to legitimize the extremism of the IPOB. It obliterates the middle ground if
reason and effectively labels rationalism as cowardice and moderates as slaves.
Igbo is not IPOB. Power went south south when the region was a pain in the
arse of our fat country; when the region had more renegade Generals than civil servants.
Boko haram wants a destruction of the country. Boko haram wants secession. Boko haram is the work of Nigerians. But no region has been made to bear the brunt of the delusions,
madness and blood letting of boko haram.
We have been established a Northeast development commission to help rebuild a region destroyed by some of it's children!
Demonization of the Fulani or Kanuri is not patriotism.
Igbophobia is not patriotism too.
In 2023 power should come south. And if it does, it should go southeast.That's equity.
But we can take it back to the southwest or keep it in the north.
But that wont be equity in this country where federal character and quota system governs equity and governs social justice.
Let us work to heal the nation.
Let the eagle perch. Let the kite perch.
Power ain't going back to the east easily just as you put in your write ups. Work for it. If it doesn't happen support the "South" be it southwest, south south irrespective of tribes bf region. In d nearest future it will be igbo turn.
You cant betray the South and want south not to betray you too .
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by nairalandankrah: 10:09am On Nov 02, 2019
BafanaBafana:

I know a man from Borno, he doesn't like Buhari but he says he can't vote for Atiku because Igbos like him. His reason is that whatever Igbos love is not good for the north
Choiiii
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by nairalandankrah: 11:01am On Nov 02, 2019
NNEWIsuper:

Wawa person can't be president
WAWA means what
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Okwyjesus(m): 11:20am On Nov 02, 2019
Futuragetty:
The presidency should come south in 2023.
Conventions fill spaces left by law.
And if it comes south then it should go east .
That's equity. So don't ask me if it's the law. The law only prescribes minimum acceptable standards of conducts.
This country has made federal character and quota system part of its culture.
So dont teach me nonsense!
The south west has had it for 8 years since 1999.
The south south has had it for 5 years since 1999.The south east has never had it .
I agree the south east will have to work it for it. I agree it needs to build bridges to reach it smoothly. But I have seen power go to regions and persons who barely worked for it.Obasanjo didnt work for it. The southwest didn't even want
him. Our power brokers then soothed an injury done all men of goodwill in June 12. An injury which Southwest only claimed ownership of .
All regions had voted for Abiola in 1992
It is important the Southeast is not treated as if it were the IPOB.
I have read statements that stink of bigotry. Statements that suggest that a group that aspires to secession cannot be
allowed to mount the throne of leadership of the country. Igbo is not IPOB.
What such warped reasoning actually does is to legitimize the extremism of the IPOB. It obliterates the middle ground if
reason and effectively labels rationalism as cowardice and moderates as slaves.
Igbo is not IPOB. Power went south south when the region was a pain in the
arse of our fat country; when the region had more renegade Generals than civil servants.
Boko haram wants a destruction of the country. Boko haram wants secession. Boko haram is the work of Nigerians. But no region has been made to bear the brunt of the delusions,
madness and blood letting of boko haram.
We have been established a Northeast development commission to help rebuild a region destroyed by some of it's children!
Demonization of the Fulani or Kanuri is not patriotism.
Igbophobia is not patriotism too.
In 2023 power should come south. And if it does, it should go southeast.That's equity.
But we can take it back to the southwest or keep it in the north.
But that wont be equity in this country where federal character and quota system governs equity and governs social justice.
Let us work to heal the nation.
Let the eagle perch. Let the kite perch.

Your line of reasoning is great. But that is for a thinking nation not a nation blinded by tribalism and suppression.

l have given up on Nigeria. Am working hard to send my kids to Canada after Secondary School.
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by BLEMOSEDU: 11:23am On Nov 02, 2019
Cyberterror:
Northerners will never vote any of the leading parties that present an Igbo man as President or vice president. Let's stop deceiving ourselves when we know the truth. The hardship of buhari's government was felt more in the north and they were waiting to vote Atiku as his replacement with the obvious advantage it would give them until the Cameroonian foolishly picked Peter Obi who was not just Igbo but also a bigot.

Your types are the reason this country will not likely get better, you are the bigot here from your useless write up
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by BLEMOSEDU: 11:27am On Nov 02, 2019
Oshigun:
@Topic.

An Igbo cannot be President in 2023. This is the cold reality Igbos have to accept. Therefore, no point giving an opinion to a speculation that cannot happen. What Igbos, always too emotional to face the truth, do not get is that political Kingmakers are united concluding it is far too dangerous to cede power to the Igbos in 2023 or even 2031 in my opinion if things remain the same.

At no time, bar the period before the civil war, have Igbos been this openly restive and anti-Nigerian. Kanu and IPOB nailed the coffin. They are now attacking Nigerian elected leaders abroad and bragging about to even claim this is now their new and accepted protocol. Everyday Igbo too is busy online insulting others venomously and swearing allegiance to Biafra and IPOB. Igbos now threaten it is 2023 or Nigeria will suffer. No one likes threats and no one believes Igbo given they have done zilch in the past after bragging non-stop. You do not give power over your life to your enemy. This is how many view Igbos even if brothers from the SE don't wan't to accept this reality they caused for themselves.

The noise of Igbo Presidency is academic and patronising. Kingmakers in the PDP or APC are not entertaining thoughts of an Igbo Presidency in 2023 even if they make patronising speech in public about the SE being entitled to it.
Wow you must be a successful soothsayer to know exactly what is going to happen in 2023 and beyond as well knowing what kind makers in pdp and apc are thinking.
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Afamed: 6:45am On Nov 03, 2019
immhotep:

Confused element Biafra or death today, President from east tomorrow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Kpoikpoi: 8:00am On Nov 03, 2019
Goldencheese:
It is the right of every Nigerian to aspire to the highest political position in the country. So if an Igbo man or woman becomes the president, it is no news because the last time I checked Igbos are still Nigerians.
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Kpoikpoi: 8:01am On Nov 03, 2019
The last time I checked ,Igbos said they are BIAFRANS.
You can't pick and choose when to call yourselves Nigerians.
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Kamanuozuzu: 8:03am On Nov 03, 2019
oyin44:
We are biafrans not ipobians.My question is: Are they not the same. We have to save this nation from impending doom.

U're a Biafran and u want to save Nigeria?
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Kpoikpoi: 8:04am On Nov 03, 2019
gloriaunobi:
Let hausa and Yoruba continue to spoil this country once they're tired spoiling it they will call on igboto come and fix it
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Kpoikpoi: 8:05am On Nov 03, 2019
Abeg go and fix Biafra,stop talking nonsense.
Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 03, 2019
Afamed:

Confused element Biafra or death today, President from east tomorrow.
One Nigeria today, tribalism and nepotism tomorrow grin

Cc lzaa gmbuharii

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by LZAA: 8:11am On Nov 03, 2019
immhotep:

One Nigeria today, tribalism and nepotism tomorrow grin

Cc lzaa gmbuharii

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: What Will Be Your Reaction If An IGBO Man Becomes President by nairalandankrah: 6:16pm On Nov 06, 2019
EkwensuAmosu1:

we don't care anymore
we the eastern are realistic we understand that producing a president does not amount to development of the region rather enriching the pockets of those politicians and their cronies while we brag under empty stomach that our people are in power.

seems Nigerians don't understand an Igbo man
an average igbo man don't care who's there they just want a someone that will bring development and good policies that will favor them in their businesses irrespective of the tribe you come from.
all we ask is a restructured government that will favour everyone, that everyone will feel the impact not some stupid system designed to favour only politicians and their cronies.

omenka tell me this

obasanjo was president for 8 years what did it bring to Yoruba did it improve the life of an average yoruba man?
no rather he and his family members are rich beyond everything.

Buhari is a president from the north
How did that improve the lives of northerners even his state katsina
did it stopped insecurities in the region?
rather his people including his cousins are cashing out billions from the government.

and so on
the only thing gain from them is Nairaland bragging right nothing more.

so don't be surprised when SE is not showing interest in this presidency thing
You're right

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bayelsa: PDP Serve INEC Court Judgement Disqualifying APC Candidate / BREAKING: Buhari, APC Governors In Closed Door Meeting / Lai Mohammed Questioned By DW Tim Sebastian Over Human Rights And Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.