Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Brazilian Legend Cafu Pays Tribute To His Late Son - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazilian Legend Cafu Pays Tribute To His Late Son (332 Views)

Lucas Alves Presents Shirt To Cafu (Pictures) / Danilo Feliciano de Moraes Is Dead, Son Of Cafu Dies Of Heart Attack / Farouk Yarma Pictured With Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Cafu And Puyol In Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brazilian Legend Cafu Pays Tribute To His Late Son by ackim: 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2019
Brazilian football idol Cafu, who played in four World Cups for his country, has spoken for the first time since the death of his son Danilo.

His son passed away after suffering a heart attack at just 30 years of age while playing football.

In an interview with Veja magazine, the legendary right-back spoke about what his life has been like since the tragic incident took place.

On September 4, Danilo played a game in the residential area where the family lives in Alphaville, Sao Paulo, when he began to feel unwell.

Cafu was also on the pitch during the incident and subsequently carried his son's body on his shoulders following his collapse, putting him in his car and taking him to the hospital.

When they arrived however, doctors, were unable to revive him.

He died from coronary atherosclerosis, an inflammation of the wall of the arteries of the heart, and had a history of heart issues.

Since then, Cafu has not been able to enter the room of the eldest of his three children, nor return to the football field where the traumatic incident took place.

"Danilo was on my team and, after half time he was substituted off while I kept playing," Cafu said as he explained what happened.

"Three minutes later I noticed a commotion.

"Out of curiosity, I went to see what was happening and I found my son suffering seizures.

"I panicked because he had a history of cardiac issues.

"When we arrived at the hospital, after half an hour a doctor called me.

"I told him 'you don't need to say anything, I can see that he is not responding'.

"I stood praying and asking God not to take my child.

"It was not possible."

Cafu went on to talk about the pain of losing a child.

"The emotion of burying a child cannot be compared to anything else that you have felt throughout your life," he said.

"Every five days I go to the cemetery to visit his grave.

"I haven't accepted it yet, I haven't had the courage to enter his room.

"My son Wellington recovered some of his things and donated them.

"I have never gone to the pitch where the incident happened.

"The death of a son haunts a father and a mother for the rest of their lives.

"Every day I cry alone.

"When I enter the house, I try to be strong.

"After all, I am the pillar of the family.

"I cry when I'm driving and call my friends just to cry.

"They know it and remain silent, then I cry and cry and cry.

"Crying relieves the pain. "

He thanked the support he has been shown by friends, family and colleagues from the world of football, revealing that he received over 5,000 messages when he finally turned his phone back on a few days after the funeral.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/11/brazilian-legend-cafu-pays-tribute-to.html

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique
Re: Brazilian Legend Cafu Pays Tribute To His Late Son by Aminobrown(m): 2:24pm On Nov 02, 2019
Rip son.. May we neva bury our children
Re: Brazilian Legend Cafu Pays Tribute To His Late Son by greatmarshall(m): 2:36pm On Nov 02, 2019
Rip

(1) (Reply)

Tite Says You Can't Compare Messi To Pele / Pochetino Sacked By Spurs / Anthony Joshua- Speaks On Andy Ruiz Jnr. Beating Him Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.