Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,009 members, 7,814,442 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

"BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata (8268 Views)

Pastor Ayo Orisejafor Stars In A New Nollywood Movie. / Black November - Struggle for the Niger Delta Trailer (Jeta Amata) / 'Amazing Grace': The Movie By Jeta Amata (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by ragdollz: 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2010
mubaraqqq:

I swear Nigerian standards are so low!!! Look at how people are so excited!! Ghana's movie production has surpassed us

Now now, I would never go so far as to say that. I mean, even at our worst, Nollywood is still 200% better than Ghollywood!
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by toideve(m): 10:42pm On Nov 19, 2010
isn't that Sarah Tancredi cheesy cheesy cheesy i so love that lady abeg does anyone have her 080 grin

Naija all the way kiss
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by mubaraqqq(f): 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2010
You must not have watched Ghanaian movies lately. I thought I was watching a U. S soap opera. The make up, Dressing, location, acting was so on point. They have surpassed Nigeria in production.

ragdollz:

Now now, I would never go so far as to say that. I mean, even at our worst, Nollywood is still 200% better than Ghollywood!
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by Dolemite(f): 11:50pm On Nov 19, 2010
They got my boy Billy Zane in it. . .cool. . .anyway this looks very low budget to me, not Nigerian low budget but international low budget, reminds me of movies made by Asylum Films. . .good effort though.
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by Dolemite(f): 11:52pm On Nov 19, 2010
mubaraqqq:

You must not have watched Ghanaian movies lately. I thought I was watching a U. S soap opera. The make up, Dressing, location, acting was so on point. They have surpassed Nigeria in production.

Show us examples of these glorious movies on youtube? undecided
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by Kunbee: 12:07am On Nov 20, 2010
Cant wait
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by alphabet43(m): 1:33am On Nov 20, 2010
Another 'Oyinbo rescues poor Africans' movie. The message needs to get out though.
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by agabaI23(m): 3:56am On Nov 20, 2010
mubaraqqq:

I swear Nigerian standards are so low!!! Look at how people are so excited!! Ghana's movie production has surpassed us
Yea just like Usain Bolt was champion from age 3
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by stkris(m): 4:27am On Nov 20, 2010
uhmm. . am i missing something here? or how is this any different from any other naija production.

0:42- 0:45 was one decent shot i saw ( effective use of shallow depth of field) , second one 1:00 - 1:12 (effective crane descent).

everything else = good ol boring, in your face nollywood shots. Then again, thats just my opinion.
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by Princek12(m): 4:37am On Nov 20, 2010
quality over quantity--any day. Thumbs up
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by londoner: 5:56pm On Nov 20, 2010
Its a step in the right direction, but it doesn't look like a mindblowing film or any film that will revolutionise anything in Nollywood. I also think we need to look inward and build from there instead of craving validation by having foreign or White actors. There are other films which I think is more of evidence of growth in Nollywood.

Even still, its a step away from the film making we are trying to leave behind us.

If I had the coice to watch Black Gold or Sinking Sands (Ghanaian film) I would choose sinking sands with no hesitation at all.
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by MyneWhite1(f): 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2010
Are there no stories that tell of the Niger Delta crisis without bringing in the CNN and the world will be on your side angle?

That said, I like the sound and production quality. Billy Zane seems to be in a studio somewhere. He probably never steeped Naija.

But KaeKazeem don dey old o, they should look for a younger Nigerian actor.

I'm still a fan of Amata and will be seeing Inale soon.
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by Ifygurl: 3:53am On Nov 21, 2010
Tufiakwa. Nigerians love to criticize everything.
This movie (at least the trailer) is better than all the nigerian movies we've are used to.
Comeon give props when props is earned
Abeg, for those criticizing, I'll seriously love to see what movies ya'll produced and directed.
N-way, Another Ije in the making. I'm still pissed that i can't find this movies in the African store.
I wanna watch it. The plot looks so interesting.
I'm liking the fact that they used a nigerian-british actor as the main character.
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by na2day(m): 9:29am On Nov 21, 2010
We are getting there sha!
If u're into motion pictures u'll notice some of the shots are very poor and the post production
is below par, especially the colour grading of the film.
The issue is not how many hollywood xters they are able to pile up in the film but the quality, i mean the quality of the sceenplay, the acting and most importantly, the post production!
Compare the color grading of any hollywood film u've watched (not the alaba camera rips) to the color grading of the trailer!
But nice try sha!
grin
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by montelik(m): 4:15pm On Nov 21, 2010
Considering the typical nollywood stuff, this is a welcome step in the right direction. Of course there are plenty of valid criticisms and room for improvement. But it this was d average level of most nollywood productions, d standard would be a lot higher than where it is today.
Re: "BLACK GOLD" New Nollywood Hit By Jeta Amata by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 04, 2012
Litmus: Would be more pleased with the production value if not for shivering from cold because i was sweating with embarrassment and my shirt got soaked.  There was an awful lot of Nigger and coon moments in that clip which eventually led me to wonder if the CIA or some such external influence assisted behind the scene in either a financial or moral capacity.

Coon moments = Oyibos as good guys and saviors, blacks as helpless or raving lunatics with bulging eyes and quivering lips.  I was in dread, that at any moment, a  black person with white lips and bulging eyes, might go down on one knee and cry, 'Mameee, the sun shines east, the sun shines west'

Anyway, the clip suggests a real effort but i would have looked more forward to  the Movie if it had been about  the exploitation of large concerns such as Shell, or the exploitation of African fishing waters by European and Asian fleets, or about Bakassi.

Wouldn't it be great if someone made a film about Bakassi, the European complicity, our easy capitulation, people made foreigners in their own land and then an uprising by the Delta rebels against Cameroon and their French masters.  

Oh another thing, shouldn't we be trying to develop a Nigerian signature? I mean, if the clip is a reflection of the aspiration of Nigerian film makers then they are aiming for a sort of Hollywood identity.

Good to know people like you still exist; who haven't allowed inferiority complex to cloud your reasoning. I rate kunle afolayan (the figurine, phone swap) and Obi emelonye (the mirror boy and last flight to abuja) higher than this guy any time anyday. These are film makers that have been able to portray the african culture and ways in good light with a perfect quality to go with it.

You won't believe this amata of a guy will release another movie of this type this year; it is titled 'black November'. Gosh! The guy has complex problem and it is obvious in his production. I mean whatsup with all the whites? Just to meet Hollywood, so what exactly is so special about Hollywood? If this man wants to make a film on crisis, he shouldn't choose ån african story. He could have made it on some crisis in European countries just like you said. Atleast we already received enough degradation from Hollywood's portrayal of african! So sad a Nigerian is now trying to enslave himself in his own country. I mean we Africans should learn how to portray positivity of africa in everything we do. I won't bother to even watch this movie and black November as well. Mtcheew. Kudos to your post once again!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Download "Men Who Built America" Free? / Gulder Ultimate Search Season 11 Applicants / Yoruba Should Float MORYWOOD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.