Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... (870 Views)

Senate Approves Death Penalty For Drug Traffickers / Zamfara Approves Death Penalty For Informants, Bandits, Others / Gombe Assembly Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... by MetaPhysical: 3:00am On Nov 03, 2019
Re: Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... by MetaPhysical: 3:00am On Nov 03, 2019
I do not support kidnapping and given the range of dangers victims of kidnapping are exposed to I do believe it is not too much to pass law and make kidnapping a felony crime with death sentence.

However, considering the circumstances that sorround the kidnap of 9 children, and many more in ongoing discoveries, I think this law has ethnic and religious coloration to it and is dangerous.

Concerned Nigerians should raise voice and appeal to Kano Govt not to apply the law retroactively.
Re: Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... by Nobody: 4:09am On Nov 03, 2019
2 death penalties will suffice.

1 Like

Re: Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... by helinues: 6:49am On Nov 03, 2019
@ op, what exactly do you really stand for?

2 Likes

Re: Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... by MrVegina(m): 7:26am On Nov 03, 2019
[s]
helinues:
@ op, what exactly do you really stand for?
[/s]
Re: Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... by Ddaji(m): 8:10am On Nov 03, 2019
OP I don't understand your stand.ethnic and religious colouration as how.please explain more. Are you trying to tell us kidnapped of Hausa children by Igbo was a preplanned agenda to convert Muslim children and change their identity to Igbo. If not why are u scared of the law.I know morethan ten states in the south with such law.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... by ursullalinda(f): 8:59am On Nov 03, 2019
Pls the law should stand.....if a member of your family has ever been kidnapped you will be the one imposing the law...it's torturing and devastating, anything to bring sanity back to Nigeria is allowed mbok
Re: Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 03, 2019
MetaPhysical:
I do not support kidnapping and given the range of dangers victims of kidnapping are exposed to I do believe it is not too much to pass law and make kidnapping a felony crime with death sentence.

However, considering the circumstances that sorround the kidnap of 9 children, and many more in ongoing discoveries, I think this law has ethnic and religious coloration to it and is dangerous.

Concerned Nigerians should raise voice and appeal to Kano Govt not to apply the law retroactively.
Are you a kidnapper or are you a beneficiary of kidnapping? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... by FriendNG: 10:32am On Nov 03, 2019
I stand with the new law. And I hope it will be carried out after sentencing Kidnapper to death.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... by ORIENTATION101: 12:02pm On Nov 03, 2019
MetaPhysical:

one thing I noticed about you here .your views and opinions re always coming from ethno-religious sentiments. should the timing of the law suspercede the intention. Kidnappers re criminals whether Igbo,hausa,or Yoruba..

3 Likes

Re: Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... by Xisnin(m): 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
MetaPhysical:

The law can't apply retroactively to those already arrested.
There is nothing wrong with the law since it is against all forms of kidnapping and kidnappers

2 Likes

Re: Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 03, 2019
Ddaji:
OP I don't understand your stand.ethnic and religious colouration as how.please explain more. Are you trying to tell us kidnapped of Hausa children by Igbo was a preplanned agenda to convert Muslim children and change their identity to Igbo. If not why are u scared of the law.I know morethan ten states in the south with such law.

The law shot be extended to kidnappers of chibok girls, Leah shearibu, wadume and all hosts of others.

Is a welcome development.
Re: Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... by LadyExcellency: 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2019
Kano State Government will soon be accusing her antagonists of kidnapping in order to permanently delete them from history.
Re: Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... by FriendNG: 1:26pm On Nov 03, 2019
Xisnin:

The law can't apply retroactively to those already arrested.
There is nothing wrong with the law since it is against all forms of kidnapping and kidnappers

He is only afraid that fresh Kidnappers from other side of the country will be caught after these ones.

1 Like

Re: Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... by Ddaji(m): 3:40pm On Nov 03, 2019
MelesZenawi:

The law shot be extended to kidnappers of chibok girls, Leah shearibu, wadume and all hosts of others.

Is a welcome development.
yes all criminal should be punish accordingly.
Re: Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... by MetaPhysical: 7:26am On Nov 05, 2019
All people that commented above, na wah for una!
Re: Kano Govt Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers. This Raises Questions... by Monogamy: 7:42am On Nov 05, 2019
MetaPhysical:
All people that commented above, na wah for una!

All of them cant be wrong about you... I have also been watching you guy...

(1) (Reply)

Sick Ex-governor Fayose Stoitted Dancing Salsa On Cruise S / Imo: Atiku Finally Breaks Silence On Hope Uzodinma Supreme Court Victory / Name Your Favorite Nigerian Town, Where Do You Like The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.