Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide (52576 Views)

FG Names 15 Terrorism Financiers, BDCs, Plans Sanctions / INEC To Tribunal: Atiku’s Lawyer Not Licensed To Practise In Nigeria / FG Names PDP Looters (DAILYTRUST) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Duggedised12(f): 9:32am On Nov 03, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Data is plural . Just stop now. Keep from embarrassing yourself further
lol ,OK if it makes you sleep better internet statistician or do i say nairaland resident statistician grin
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by mrchineke: 9:40am On Nov 03, 2019
[s]
Duggedised12:
lol ,OK if it makes you sleep better internet statistician or do o say nairaland resident statistician grin
[/s]
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by mrchineke: 9:41am On Nov 03, 2019
[s]
Duggedised12:
still beating about the bush, so everyone in your village is a christian? Fine then lets have the statistics.
[/s]
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Amanda4life: 9:57am On Nov 03, 2019
Alamu1111:
I wan marry too o

Chip whip like you
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 03, 2019
Q

1 Like

Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by donaldde2: 10:03am On Nov 03, 2019
Do I even need to go to the registry? Una do well. Thanks God my great grandfather no go and he was happily married with three wives. Clueless government.

1 Like

Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Olafisoyem: 10:03am On Nov 03, 2019
Duggedised12:
Just one center in states,this is just not fair to the masses in terms of convenience.

Imagine having to travel three hours to get to registry within your state lets not even talk of states where you don't have federal marriage registry at all undecided

Again Nigeria just can’t make sensible choices
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Olafisoyem: 10:06am On Nov 03, 2019
Duggedised12:
still beating about the bush, so everyone in your village is a christian? Fine then lets have the statistics.

For people who aim to use the documents to travel or for formal uses the church marriage certificate is worth nothing. You need one from the government before your marriage is recognized by law.
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Duggedised12(f): 10:07am On Nov 03, 2019
Olafisoyem:

Again Nigeria just can’t make sensible choices
sometimes i wonder if they do these things delibrately so they can sit back and be entertained by the stress they put the masses through.

1 Like

Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Duggedised12(f): 10:11am On Nov 03, 2019
Olafisoyem:

For people who aim to use the documents to travel or for formal uses the church marriage certificate is worth nothing. You need one from the government before your marriage is recognized by law.

from what i am made to understand apart from being licensed to function under NGOs churches require additional license to conduct statutory marriages but it seems most churches think because headquarters is licensed then a branch in another location is automatically licensed and there is another issue of who they collect the license from ,the federal govt or local govt.

1 Like

Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Olafisoyem: 10:14am On Nov 03, 2019
ejimatic:
. I agree with you.I have friends like you too especially when it appears some religious centers use it to fleece people of their resources. However some don't do that... This development is caused by the local governments.In the past the federal government delegated local governments to conduct marriage .Surprisingly local governments started producing Unified certificates different from that of the federal governments... Is this not an aberration? That is why the federal government revoked the right given to them as enshrined in the constitution . The local governments have appealed the judgement of the two lower courts in the Supreme court.Will the SC not sustain what is the constitution? It will...For now anybody who does not want to go to registries because of distance or registered places of worship can do traditional marriage. and later put it on record in the nearby local government.....

This is such a stupid move by the federal government and I’ll explain why.

First of all marriage is a right of every Nigerian of a certain age. The certificates show you as married.

The government is the body that should provide access to this right as stated in the constitution.

If the above is true then it’s the governments job to grant easy access to this right for all Nigerians. Our population is over 200 million.

So someone in government thinks for a country as big as Nigeria with such a population should have only 12 centres to serve the whole country.

Instead of them making things easy they make it hard.

One option would be to enforce that the LGAs provide the CORRECT certificate as proscribed by the government instead of stopping them from issuing certificates all together.

They are making Nigerians suffer for a argument between two layers of government.

Our roads aren’t safe and people should travel for hours just for a certificate. It’s not fair on the people and it just shows our leaders don’t have the people in mind. They don’t care!
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Olafisoyem: 10:15am On Nov 03, 2019
Duggedised12:
sometimes i wonder if they do these things delibrately so they can sit back and be entertained by the stress they put the masses through.

I swear
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Olafisoyem: 10:17am On Nov 03, 2019
Duggedised12:
from what i am made to understand apart from being licensed to function under NGOs churches require additional license to conduct statutory marriages but it seems most churches think because headquarters is licensed then a branch in another location is automatically licensed and there is another issue of who they collect the license from ,the federal govt or local govt.

So the best bet is to just go to one of the 12 tegistries because we no even sabi which one we dey do for now
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by meccuno: 10:21am On Nov 03, 2019
OhBiafra:

What nonsense? What is he or are they getting right here?
Wht were you expecting from a zone b? grin
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by meccuno: 10:22am On Nov 03, 2019
Beremx:
Oga, open border o! This is least of problems in Nigeria.

No one should call me a smuggler cos I am not. I can't afford to buy a bag of rice for 50k and chicken for 30k a carton by December.

Nonsense!! angry
smuggler grin
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by CanadaOrBust: 10:31am On Nov 03, 2019
ejimatic:
. I am not talking about remarriage under customary law .I am talking about remarriage under the Marriage act or statutory marriage...Evidence of divorce must be presented

Not true at all. Statutory marriage does not require evidence of customary divorce before statutory marriage
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by luvinhubby(m): 10:35am On Nov 03, 2019
allthingsgood:

Close ur mouth there! Unpatriotic folk. Why must u eat importrd product when Nigerian rice is superior

Why are you driving imported fuel when we have crude oil in abundance and 4 refineries?
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by eneyoduke(m): 10:37am On Nov 03, 2019
My state not listed
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by cyberguy72(m): 10:37am On Nov 03, 2019
Jrevelation:
Don't buy rice now before December 25 rice price will to 10k per bag ..
Roger that
Abi the price go skyrocket....demand would be higher then.
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by CanadaOrBust: 10:38am On Nov 03, 2019
seguno2:

What he said is the law.
If you want to go to Canada and not end up in jail, you have to reformat your thinking to be law abiding.
Thank me later.

Not true at all. Canada and others do not consider customary marriage as legal marriage
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by ejimatic: 10:59am On Nov 03, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Not true at all. Statutory marriage does not require evidence of customary divorce before statutory marriage
. This is one of the problems we are having in Nigeria which the federal govt wants to correct. If you are a divorcee. you must produce evidence of divorce of your first marriage either traditional or statuary marriage. If you go to the site of the federal govt marriage Registry you will be asked to upload your divorce evidence if you are a divorcee..... This is different from illegal marriages many people are contracting today. Anybody who officiates at a wedding without confirming the status of the parties invoked will be imprisoned especially when one of them is not free to remarry
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Duggedised12(f): 11:00am On Nov 03, 2019
Olafisoyem:

So the best bet is to just go to one of the 12 tegistries because we no even sabi which one we dey do for now
i tire o, instead of govt to work modalities on how to improve on the irregularities to make it easier na to dey drag who be boss den sabi

1 Like

Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by themanderon: 11:06am On Nov 03, 2019
Off all the problems weighing down the shithole this is the one they choose to address. It truly shows how the dullards running the government think.
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Solsix(m): 11:10am On Nov 03, 2019
Duggedised12:
Just one center in states,this is just not fair to the masses in terms of convenience.

Imagine having to travel three hours to get to registry within your state lets not even talk of states where you don't have federal marriage registry at all undecided
A state that has one is even lucky, imagine one in the whole of SE. If I want to marry now I will drive down to Enugu with the risk involve.
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by ibietela2(m): 11:24am On Nov 03, 2019
Imagine, wetin concern FG and marriage?
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by ibietela2(m): 11:28am On Nov 03, 2019
chloride6:

Border is open na...

Only land borders are closed..

Rice can still come in through TINCAN or Apapa...

Price of rice will still fall market just needs to adjust to the supply shock..

Only 2 ports for 200M+ people in 37 states?
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by BlueAir: 11:36am On Nov 03, 2019
U guys would definitely be seeing me soonest. I watch ur billboard adverts ..still contemplating tho
engrhorla:

Don't just worry

Buy land with Adron Homes

You get gift of rice and turkey, chicken or goat depending on how much you pay

Call 07031168455. You can reach me in WhatsApp via same number... distance is never an issue ��

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Bullion Vans: Deji Adeyanju Petitions EFCC (Photos) / Atiku, Ekweremadu, Akpabio Protest Against Buhari: "Buhari Stop The Killngs" / Buhari Willing To End Bsc, HND Dichotomy – JAMB

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.