Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,278 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Was Jesus An Angel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus An Angel (325 Views)

Is Jesus An Angel According To Jehoavh Witness Organization? / Is Jesus An Angel As Claimed By Jehovah Witnesses? / When Was Jesus Truly Born? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus An Angel by jayinfo2(m): 9:51am On Nov 03, 2019
In the beginning , God created the heaven and the earth, he also created man in his own image, we were made to understand that there were angels present to help in the creation.

No one mentioned Jesus Christ during the creation process.

My question is was Jesus not there during creation or he was one of the Angels.

Did he became the Son of God because he volunteered to die for humanity.

I'm lost , scholars should please enlighten we that are lost in this process.
Re: Was Jesus An Angel by MuttleyLaff: 10:03am On Nov 03, 2019
jayinfo2:
In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth, he also created man in his own image, we were made to understand that there were angels present to help in the creation.

Yes, Jesus is a Messenger of God and so, is an angel.
Angels, as a matter of fact, often are celestial beings, as can be human beings too.

Jesus was there as the Word, during creation. Jesus is the Word, through what all things are and/or were made. This is all mentioned in John 1:1-3
Re: Was Jesus An Angel by jayinfo2(m): 10:08am On Nov 03, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Angels, as a matter of fact, often are celestial beings, as can be human beings too.

Jesus was there as the Word, during creation. Jesus is the Word, through what all things are and/or were made. This is all mentioned in John 1:1-3

If Jesus is an Angel, and Angels are a little lower than humans, does it mean Jesus too is lower than Human.
Re: Was Jesus An Angel by MuttleyLaff: 10:19am On Nov 03, 2019
jayinfo2:
If Jesus is an Angel, and Angels are a little lower than humans, does it mean Jesus too is lower than Human.
Not all messengers are celestial beings, nor, not all messengers are human beings, but regardless of being human or celestial, all messengers are angels.

The angels referred to as a little lower than humans, are celestial beings, Jesus when sent as a Messenger of God, took a form that is a little lower than these heavenly beings. It was necessary because that is the only way God can legally enter earth and operate to carry out His redemptive plan of salvation.
Re: Was Jesus An Angel by fantasticone1(m): 10:20am On Nov 03, 2019
Jesus is not a messenger, He is the message.
He is the Word.
He is the son God.
Through Him and by Him were all things created.

In Genesis, Jesus was there and I'll prove it to you. In the beginning, there was a negotiation in heaven on the creation of man. God said 'let us make man in our own image and likeness' (Gen 1:26). Notice God said "our own" and not my own. If you check the amplified version of that verse, you'll notice that the Bible is actually referring to the God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Where Jesus is the Son. Which means that wherever God is Jesus is.
In Genesis 1:2, the Bible told us about the Spirit if God moving upon the deep. That is the Spirit part of God. Meaning Jesus was right there too.

Jesus said He is one with His father, so wherever Jesus is, God the Father is and His Spirit also reside.
Re: Was Jesus An Angel by SocialJustice: 10:47am On Nov 03, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Jesus is an angel? You are mad!
Re: Was Jesus An Angel by SocialJustice: 10:57am On Nov 03, 2019
jayinfo2:
In the beginning , God created the heaven and the earth, he also created man in his own image, we were made to understand that there were angels present to help in the creation.

Jesus is one and the same with God. He is God. God is 3 in 1. A trinity. God the Father, God the Son, God the Spirit. The scripture below describes Jesus, you can clearly see He is God. If you want to understand Jesus more, Google more about scriptures concerning the Hoky Trinity.

John 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Re: Was Jesus An Angel by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 03, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Jesus is not an angel, Jesus is the Word of God, Jesus is far higher than angels.
Re: Was Jesus An Angel by MuttleyLaff: 11:25am On Nov 03, 2019
fantasticone1:
Jesus is not a messenger, He is the message.
He is the Word.
He is the son God.
Through Him and by Him were all things created.

In Genesis, Jesus was there and I'll prove it to you. In the beginning, there was a negotiation in heaven on the creation of man. God said 'let us make man in our own image and likeness' (Gen 1:26). Notice God said "our own" and not my own. If you check the amplified version of that verse, you'll notice that the Bible is actually referring to the God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Where Jesus is the Son. Which means that wherever God is Jesus is.
In Genesis 1:2, the Bible told us about the Spirit if God moving upon the deep. That is the Spirit part of God. Meaning Jesus was right there too.

Jesus said He is one with His father, so wherever Jesus is, God the Father is and His Spirit also reside.
Jesus is the Messenger, the Gospel is the message. Jesus brought the message of the Good News. Please. Biko. E jor.

SocialJustice:
Jesus is an angel? You are mad!
Smh. Kini eleyi kẹ?
Kini gbogbo radarada yi bayi kẹ? Ndi 'ara.
Who you calling mad? Koma dafun mad. Koni dafun mad. Hin no go beta for mad papa. Mtcheeww angry angry angry

profolaolu:
Jesus is not an angel, Jesus is the Word of God, Jesus is far higher than angels.
"And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge,
and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none
(i.e. I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land.
I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn’t have to destroy the land, but I found no one.)
"
- Ezekiel 22:30

"He saw that there was no man—He was amazed that there was no one—to intercede;
so His own arm brought salvation, and His own righteousness sustained Him.
"
- Isaiah 59:16

"I was amazed to see that no one intervened to help the oppressed.
So I myself stepped in to save them with my strong arm, and my wrath sustained me
(i.e. I looked, but there was no one to help; I was shocked because there was no one offering support.
So my right arm accomplished deliverance or achieved salvation for me, my raging anger drove me on)
"
- Isaiah 63:5

You must have quite a lot of times, heard the saying that "If you want something done right, do it yourself", well, none, nobody, no angel out of the whole angelic hosts of heaven, nor no man out of the whole world wide, offered to accept the challenge to help man get returned back to man's original status before the fall, so God resorted to DIY, resorted to doing it yourself

You know that Christ, means Saviour, right?. So if you do, how then do suppose God will be able to pull this off this God's redemptive work, if what Malachi 3:1 reveals to us, hmm?

"Behold, I send My messenger, And he will prepare the way before Me. And the Lord, whom you seek, Will suddenly come to His temple, Even the Messenger of the covenant, In whom you delight. Behold, He is coming,” Says the LORD of hosts."
Malachi 3:1

Of course, Jesus is an angel, Malachi 3:1 confirms Him being a Messenger, which actually is what angel means. This is God sending Himself on an errand. Alleluia. I previously had said that Jesus when sent as a Messenger of God, took a form that is a little lower than the celestial beings also at times referred to as angels. It was necessary that God took a human body because that is the only way God can legally enter earth and lawfully operate to carry out His redemptive plan of salvation.
Re: Was Jesus An Angel by SocialJustice: 1:37pm On Nov 03, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Jesus is the Messenger, the Gospel is the message.
Biatch, I'm not yoruba and your insanity is worse than I thought. You need special deliverance from madness. Jesus, an angel? Pray this madness does not destroy you before you realise.

Don't bother quoting me because I won't reply before you infect me with your curse.
Re: Was Jesus An Angel by MuttleyLaff: 1:58pm On Nov 03, 2019
SocialJustice:
Biatch
Are you sure you received home training at all. First its mad, now its biatch. You need to watch your language and wash your mouth out. Smh. Karma is a bitch, you know that, dont you, hmm?

SocialJustice:
I'm not yoruba and your insanity is worse than I thought. You need special deliverance from madness. Jesus, an angel? Pray this madness does not destroy you before you realise.
I dont give a foxtrot uniform charlie kilo whether you are Yoruba, nyamirin or ndigbo

SocialJustice:
Don't bother quoting me because I won't reply before you infect me with your curse.
Go argue with the Bible many verses calling Jesus an Angel also known as Messenger.

Someone like you are, havent been weaned off milk food, strong meat arent meant for your likes

(1) (Reply)

The Price Of Lust!!!! / Pastor Sacks Pastor,sets new rules" / Why Jezebel Really Hates Prophet Kanye West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.