Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) (17737 Views)

NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira / Buhari Clueless As Criminals Overrun Nigeria - Punch / FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 04, 2019
BlackfireX:
It was PDP s fault...

They put us in this mess, but baba buhari is trying to pull us out

We already know what game you guys are playing. IT WILL FAIL.

2 Likes

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by LZAA: 1:15am On Nov 04, 2019
Dubai,kuwait,iraq,saudi arabia
All these lands produce oil but dem debt no large like this
But wait o did this man just come to steal bcoz me no understand
Like a bro said very soon dm go sack govt workers
Another funny thing is nobody is dancing in ikeja against subsidy removal yet e still dy and we pay more for fuel
The theatre of the absurd is what this failed state is
Smh
Cc immhotep GMBuharii greenback Afamed Adaibeku bastardmod

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by oruma19: 1:21am On Nov 04, 2019
Anyone that takes another loan for this same power problem in Nigeria doesn't mean well for the future of this country. Nigerians, we cant continue to fold our arms and watch this people destroy our Children's future, what is all this nonsense na? It takes a billion dollars to generate 1000 megawatts of electricity, obasanjo, goodluck, yaradua and buhari have all spent over 100billion dollars and not even 1kilowatt has been added to the existing below 4000 megawatts we have been using since 19kokoro. Whoever takes another loan to steal it at the end will not see the end of the day of the meeting to sign such loan. They will die before leaving home, enough is enough

14 Likes

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by IkUKU01(m): 1:22am On Nov 04, 2019
BlackfireX:
It was PDP s fault...

They put us in this mess, but baba buhari is trying to pull us out
its not sarcasm you are a disease to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by EmekaMD(m): 1:34am On Nov 04, 2019
Sell this country already and give me my share.
I'm sure I'll make a wiser investment than Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by Nobody: 1:34am On Nov 04, 2019
LZAA:
Dubai,kuwait,iraq,saudi arabia
All these lands produce oil but dem debt no large like this
But wait o did this man just come to steal bcoz me no understand
Like a bro said very soon dm go sack govt workers
Another funny thing is nobody is dancing in ikeja against subsidy removal yet e still dy and we pay more for fuel
The theatre of the absurd is what this failed state is
Smh
Cc immhotep GMBuharii greenback Afamed Adaibeku bastardmod
And Abacha never stole plenty of the oil money

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by grandstar(m): 1:36am On Nov 04, 2019
Money down the drain I'll say.

First deregulate the price of electricity. 'Further liberalize the sector. Provide incentives for better capitalised companies to buy up the Disco's. Provide incentives for the Discos to sell to well capitalised buyers.

Government should pay up all electricity.debts owed to the Discos.

The national grid needs overhauling. The market isn't working well

3 Likes

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by naijacentric(m): 1:59am On Nov 04, 2019
Hazlett1988:
If you have the opportunity please fly out of this deadly country and start a new life there that the only solution to all this mess
the annoying thing is when u fly out u would start apreciating naija and feel like a coward for running away and u now see the western world also is a destroyer of Africa externally while we are the destroyers from within.

2 Likes

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by Nobody: 2:13am On Nov 04, 2019
gurunlocker:
Power sector: The easiest way to embezzle...

Instead of frequent loan taking, make dem kuku sell the country.
sell the country? To who? The Camerounians? Hausas and Fulanis are our only problem!
Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by valuedammy(m): 2:15am On Nov 04, 2019
Who cursed this Nation called Nigeria ?

2 Likes

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by Beat123(f): 2:29am On Nov 04, 2019
Let’s not pretend that this power ministry needs flushing!
Filled with illiterates and wrong transmission deals,

Etc!
Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by kikake: 2:32am On Nov 04, 2019
Racoon:

Guess Nigerian still remember these statements attributed to the minister of darkness?

By the time PMB/FASHOLA Group finishes with Nigeria.. only bones and mangled humans shall remain in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by michoim(m): 2:39am On Nov 04, 2019
Which darkness pervades Nigeria? I have light in my area always...PDP never cease to amaze me with their evil reports...
Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by bixton(m): 2:49am On Nov 04, 2019
Racoon:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/power-fg-seeks-fresh-3bn-loan-as-darkness-pervades-nigeria/amp/

We have refused to tell ourselves the truth that's why nothing will work in the country.
Everybody lies without any form of guilt. We are worse than Satan in the arts of lieing.
How can any responsible government keep funding and dashing loans to a private company all in the name of power generation and distribution.
We just like to move in circles.
The best thing any reasonable government ought to do is retrieve all the licenses and re-sell the companies again with a fresh mandate.
These so called guys after collecting these loans will without any meaningful improvement on the sector will come and increase tariffs on power not seen and consumed by end users.

In my state of residence to see light to even charge your phone is like a taboo. It's either you have alternative source of supply or SOYO is your middle name.

We are living in a dfuckd up 3rd world.

4 Likes

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by Nobody: 2:55am On Nov 04, 2019
I thought the thieves in Aso Rock placed a moratorium on fresh foreign loans?

#zombienation

1 Like

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by Lugianostar(m): 3:02am On Nov 04, 2019
Misplaced priority unending !!!

The output for which the money was borrowed will never be seen because they is no transparency in what you guys are doing!!!

Woe unto the enemies of Niageria
Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by Chicastle: 3:05am On Nov 04, 2019
JonDon12:
Why is it that when we are talking about Complex Issues like this, Buhari is no where to be found. Only Osibanjo. Why was the dullard elected in the first place. But when it is cows, you see or failed Insecurity, you see the Dullard. Since he is clearly intellectually challenged, I suggest Osibanjo also get the Security Portfolio. Maybe he can stop Banditry, Boko Haram and free Leah Sharibu.

That tells you the north has nothing to offer this country. They just succeeded tied the country in asorock but, without any meaningful progress

1 Like

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by wizdomnzube(m): 3:14am On Nov 04, 2019
Dubai don use Nigeria pant buy better dia country. Nigeria nor fit good again. Na me talk am!

2 Likes

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by InvertedHammer: 3:15am On Nov 04, 2019
chuka5000:
one day we'll wake up to find out that our politicians have borrowed even from our great grand children's future.
and some mumu youths go still dey kill themselves for campaign on top their matter

nawa sha

/
They should bring BBN twice a year to keep the f00ls entertained while their futures are frittered away.

/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by Grace001: 3:39am On Nov 04, 2019
Nigeria = Failed country

3 Likes

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by planetx: 3:59am On Nov 04, 2019
What happened to the deal Buhari signed with the German company to generate something like 20,000 megawatts, or was that signing ceremony just for the camera.

5 Likes

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by olmoRoc: 4:02am On Nov 04, 2019
Akanoaaa:
Only God can deliver us from this government. Always borrow and they want to kill us with taxation in different dimension but still, nothing sensible to write home about. I don tire.

It's nothing but the exact strategy employed by the same man in 1984.

4 Likes

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by Studyinchina200(m): 4:22am On Nov 04, 2019
I gave up on Nigeria in year 2007 when I left the country.

4 Likes

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by deenee: 4:40am On Nov 04, 2019
grandstar:
Money down the drain I'll say.

First deregulate the price of electricity. 'Further liberalize the sector. Provide incentives for better capitalised companies to buy up the Disco's. Provide incentives for the Discos to sell to well capitalised buyers.

Government should pay up all electricity.debts owed to the Discos.

The national grid needs overhauling. The market isn't working well

God bkess you and to add people should also learn to pay their bills and stop electricity theft.

Overall average collection rate for the Discos nationwide is around 45% with IKEDC and EKEDC taking in about 70-80% of their targeted collections. So there is always a shortfall.

2 Likes

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by bigtt76(f): 5:06am On Nov 04, 2019
Sign nuclear reactor deal with Russia, no... na Ajaokuta steel una go de sign undecided outdated technology kwanu!

2 Likes

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by Sirseedorf(m): 5:08am On Nov 04, 2019
We all know where the loan is going, even past government has been taking loans for electricity but still yet the money go to some politician babariga.

Every time they keep borrowing without any improvement if the country, and they tax the living out of the citizens.
Anyways God is watching.
Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by Enemyofpeace: 5:23am On Nov 04, 2019
Mannabbqgrils go follow them chop this one. His loyalty to this satanic government will not be in vain

2 Likes

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by Prospero01(m): 5:28am On Nov 04, 2019
Marcsunny:
Good news pant trousers for male for 1500 and white shirt Tm&Next designer in wholesale and retail purchase.The brands are top Europe designers.Any colour kindly dm Customers outside lagos will pay a token for delivery.

Where is your shop located at.
Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by EdiskyHarry: 5:32am On Nov 04, 2019
borrow the money, share it very well, enrich yourselves, enrish the northerners, destroy the whole vegetation of Niger delta through oil activities, use it to pay back the loan. crude oil is a non renewable resource, one day Niger delta oil will finish, so that everybody will seek for their own country

4 Likes

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by bayelsaowei(m): 5:33am On Nov 04, 2019
Hasnt the border closure and the FGs myriad of travels solved our electricity problem??. And where is that freaking fashola promising nigerians housing already

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) by anonimi: 5:38am On Nov 04, 2019
Bethel4Life:
Ghen ghen... Next level looting.. Hehehe

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't talk like that about the man of integrity's government. grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: We Won’t Accept Old, Sick People - Arewa Youths / "Biafra Agitation Is Dead In The South-East" - Nicholas Ibekwe. / Bukola Saraki Organizes Dinner For 71 First Class Graduate In Kwara State (photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.