Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:19 AM

Dentist Relocation: Info Needed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dentist Relocation: Info Needed (2626 Views)

Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / Bta To Dubai....info Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dentist Relocation: Info Needed by Brexiteer(m): 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2019
Can anyone please help with useful info as to where a Nigerian trained dentist can migrate to?
Nigerian dentists practising dentistry outside nigeria. Pls Your input is needed too
Re: Dentist Relocation: Info Needed by Madlov3: 10:27pm On Nov 03, 2019
USA, Canada or UK
Re: Dentist Relocation: Info Needed by Brexiteer(m): 10:43pm On Nov 03, 2019
Madlov3:
USA, Canada or UK
Any country. Research I did shows serious levels of difficulty
Re: Dentist Relocation: Info Needed by Madlov3: 11:51pm On Nov 03, 2019
Brexiteer:

Any country. Research I did shows serious levels of difficulty
Doc. Nothing good comes easy ! Youve gotta pay your dues
Re: Dentist Relocation: Info Needed by Madlov3: 11:53pm On Nov 03, 2019
In America, you go back to school, in UK you write your Licensure exams and in Canada yo can either go back to school or write Licensure exams. Its worth it at the end
Re: Dentist Relocation: Info Needed by Brexiteer(m): 12:30am On Nov 04, 2019
Madlov3:
In America, you go back to school, in UK you write your Licensure exams and in Canada yo can either go back to school or write Licensure exams. Its worth it at the end

Thanks a lot
Are you practising outside nigeria?
Re: Dentist Relocation: Info Needed by Madlov3: 12:44am On Nov 04, 2019
Brexiteer:

Thanks a lot
Are you practising outside nigeria?
am not a Dentist but I know ppl who are. Some in Nigeria and others abroad.
Re: Dentist Relocation: Info Needed by Brexiteer(m): 12:53am On Nov 04, 2019
Madlov3:
am not a Dentist but I know ppl who are. Some in Nigeria and others abroad.
Thanks your response, its very helpful. I'm just wondering how those guys did theirs. Medicine seems straight forward. Cost of dental licencing exam is huge. Uk costs over 4k pounds. Usa requires you schooling for 2 years. Tuition over 100k usd. Canada which ever pathway costs exam fee and/or tuition still costly. With my meagre salary it's looking like a tall order
Re: Dentist Relocation: Info Needed by Madlov3: 5:13am On Nov 04, 2019
Brexiteer:

Thanks your response, its very helpful. I'm just wondering how those guys did theirs. Medicine seems straight forward. Cost of dental licencing exam is huge. Uk costs over 4k pounds. Usa requires you schooling for 2 years. Tuition over 100k usd. Canada which ever pathway costs exam fee and/or tuition still costly. With my meagre salary it's looking like a tall order
try getting into a residency program in Nigeria to save funds. Are you married? Do you have kids.?
Re: Dentist Relocation: Info Needed by Brexiteer(m): 6:55am On Nov 04, 2019
Madlov3:
try getting into a residency program in Nigeria to save funds. Are you married? Do you have kids.?
Married with a kid
Re: Dentist Relocation: Info Needed by Madlov3: 7:11am On Nov 04, 2019
Brexiteer:

Married with a kid
oh okay! Try getting into a residency program in Nigeria to save money. Pass IELTS with high scores and try your shot at Canada express entry program. Your BDS is an upper hand plus you should be done with HJ and NYSC. Thats 2 years work experience already.
Re: Dentist Relocation: Info Needed by Brexiteer(m): 7:52am On Nov 04, 2019
Madlov3:
oh okay! Try getting into a residency program in Nigeria to save money. Pass IELTS with high scores and try your shot at Canada express entry program. Your BDS is an upper hand plus you should be done with HJ and NYSC. Thats 2 years work experience already.
Yes I'm done with both. Doing locum presently. I'm yet to write pry. I ve lots of colleagues with pry and no residency placement
Re: Dentist Relocation: Info Needed by Madlov3: 8:00am On Nov 04, 2019
Brexiteer:

Yes I'm done with both. Doing locum presently. I'm yet to write pry. I ve lots of colleagues with pry and no residency placement
True but again don’t put all your eggs in one basket in this country at least now that you’ve decided to relocate. Try residency and Dental Officers(HMB) Job positions, your aim now is to raise funds.
Try IELTS. If you pass IELTS well and you get good scores and Canada invites you to apply for the EXPress entry program, Money will definitely come out.
Your best option now will be Canada express entry, from there you can now think of either remaining in Canada or go to the US.
I would have said use Student route but judging by your post, finance seems to be an issue
Re: Dentist Relocation: Info Needed by Brexiteer(m): 10:36am On Nov 04, 2019
Madlov3:
True but again don’t put all your eggs in one basket in this country at least now that you’ve decided to relocate. Try residency and Dental Officers(HMB) Job positions, your aim now is to raise funds.
Try IELTS. If you pass IELTS well and you get good scores and Canada invites you to apply for the EXPress entry program, Money will definitely come out.
Your best option now will be Canada express entry, from there you can now think of either remaining in Canada or go to the US.
I would have said use Student route but judging by your post, finance seems to be an issue
I ll find out more about it. Thanks
Re: Dentist Relocation: Info Needed by Madlov3: 11:00am On Nov 04, 2019
Brexiteer:
I ll find out more about it. Thanks
search Nairaland travel section. There is a thread for it. Ask your questions there
Re: Dentist Relocation: Info Needed by Zico5(m): 11:20am On Nov 09, 2023
Madlov3:
Is this route to migrate to canada is valid? Kindly put me through.

(1) (Reply)

Appointment With Switzerland Embassy. / Mexico To Usa Route / You Can Make Money By Selling Akara In Brazil(photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.