Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Gov. Ihedioha And Lack Of Maintenance Culture In Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Ihedioha And Lack Of Maintenance Culture In Imo State (683 Views)

Emeka Ihedioha And His Convoy Arrive Owerri In Style (Video) / Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo / Governor Emeka Ihedioha And His Phones (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Ihedioha And Lack Of Maintenance Culture In Imo State by AshamkonyeOF(m): 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2019
Francis Obioma Ashamkonye
Owerri

Scholars define maintenance culture as a habit of protecting or preserving something or the process of keeping something in good condition for future or immediate use. Lack of maintenance culture among political leaders, which has negatively affected our infrastructural development has not only drawn us backward but will cost of great deal of time and resources to move in the same speed and acceleration with other neighboring states.

The fact that the Rebuild Imo government of Chief Emeka Ihedioha inherited both functional and uncompleted projects from the Rescue Mission administration of Dist. Senator Rochas Okorocha is undoubtedly correct and ideal in any administrative transition. But what seems unpatriotic and repugnant to natural growth is when people support the body language attitude of the present Governor to overlook Government properties giving that completing them would amount to dividing his glory with former Governor whom he has variously accused of littering the state with unfinished projects.

Imo state cannot be different from other states where political leaders see government as a continuum and not an opportunity to fight opposition, which will eventually set the state steps backwards.

In Imo state today under the watch of His Excellency RT Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, one can rightly say that the attention of the RebuildImo government is focused on Sen. Rochas Okorocha and all opposition of the present government, and the attaining consequences of this unwarranted political war can be clearly seen on government properties suffering abysmal abandonment at various locations. Even though the present government has arbitrary provided various seemingly adequate reasons to defend their negligence to the dilapidating government properties, the lame reasons didn't go down well on the mind of the masses who insisted Chief Ihedioha's growing rift with political opponents doesn't warrant drawing the state backward.

Among those projects abandoned to weeds and criminal operators are Justice Oputa Court, Free Mother and Child Hospital, General Hospitals, well equipped ICT centres in all the local government areas, Okigwe and Orlu sports Stadia, Orji flyover, Storey building classroom blocks in all 305 political wards, roads, employments, the beautiful state-of-the-art Akachi prayer centre, Freedom Square water fall, etc. While most of the aforementioned projects are currently demolished in parts by youths allegedly sent by the present government in an attempt to erase Okorocha from the minds of Imo people, Imolites find it difficult to believe Chief Ihedioha who has come to claim oblivious of those demolitions having watched him done nothing to arrest the culprits or repair the projects.

Politics aside, no rational Imolites will attempt to justify Chief Ihedioha's approach, instead agree with me that he is totally bereft of maintenance culture to make Imo better than he met it.
Re: Gov. Ihedioha And Lack Of Maintenance Culture In Imo State by Petgames1011: 10:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
Read below
Re: Gov. Ihedioha And Lack Of Maintenance Culture In Imo State by ursullalinda(f): 11:44pm On Nov 03, 2019
Lack of maintenance culture......our biggest challenge in Nigeria.....followed by lack of continuity. Our politicians no be am
Re: Gov. Ihedioha And Lack Of Maintenance Culture In Imo State by normaljenny(m): 3:01am On Nov 04, 2019
AshamkonyeOF:
Francis Obioma Ashamkonye
Owerri

Scholars define maintenance culture as a habit of protecting or preserving something or the process of keeping something in good condition for future or immediate use. Lack of maintenance culture among political leaders, which has negatively affected our infrastructural development has not only drawn us backward but will cost of great deal of time and resources to move in the same speed and acceleration with other neighboring states.

The fact that the Rebuild Imo government of Chief Emeka Ihedioha inherited both functional and uncompleted projects from the Rescue Mission administration of Dist. Senator Rochas Okorocha is undoubtedly correct and ideal in any administrative transition. But what seems unpatriotic and repugnant to natural growth is when people support the body language attitude of the present Governor to overlook Government properties giving that completing them would amount to dividing his glory with former Governor whom he has variously accused of littering the state with unfinished projects.

Imo state cannot be different from other states where political leaders see government as a continuum and not an opportunity to fight opposition, which will eventually set the state steps backwards.

In Imo state today under the watch of His Excellency RT Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, one can rightly say that the attention of the RebuildImo government is focused on Sen. Rochas Okorocha and all opposition of the present government, and the attaining consequences of this unwarranted political war can be clearly seen on government properties suffering abysmal abandonment at various locations. Even though the present government has arbitrary provided various seemingly adequate reasons to defend their negligence to the dilapidating government properties, the lame reasons didn't go down well on the mind of the masses who insisted Chief Ihedioha's growing rift with political opponents doesn't warrant drawing the state backward.

Among those projects abandoned to weeds and criminal operators are Justice Oputa Court, Free Mother and Child Hospital, General Hospitals, well equipped ICT centres in all the local government areas, Okigwe and Orlu sports Stadia, Orji flyover, Storey building classroom blocks in all 305 political wards, roads, employments, the beautiful state-of-the-art Akachi prayer centre, Freedom Square water fall, etc. While most of the aforementioned projects are currently demolished in parts by youths allegedly sent by the present government in an attempt to erase Okorocha from the minds of Imo people, Imolites find it difficult to believe Chief Ihedioha who has come to claim oblivious of those demolitions having watched him done nothing to arrest the culprits or repair the projects.

Politics aside, no rational Imolites will attempt to justify Chief Ihedioha's approach, instead agree with me that he is totally bereft of maintenance culture to make Imo better than he met it.

ASHAMKOYE, you are talking rubbish. Your paymaster rochas destroyed imo state, stole our state dry with his family and close cohorts as soldiers. And after failing to install his crack loving son in law, he installed himself as a senator using gullible like your.self and trying to sell himself in abuja as a presidential hopeful.

This is a man that aspires to rule Nigeria but couldnt fix small owerri that is not even as big as Agbor in eight years, talkless of imo state.

Your praises above will never sink well at all, seeng the list of projects listed aboveone will feel that you mentioned projects. Tell me and point out one particular project that is functuonal and completed that would call for maintainance. There is no roads in the entire imo state. No road at all. Even a 90 yrs old woman can attest to that. The one going to his village is even bad too. A dead trap. Mention one particular road your man fixed that is not bad right now. MCC road got spoiled just one month after it was built (just 20% of it was fixed) and it has stayed that way since 2016, why didn't rochas maintain it. Sirleaf, yaradua, orlu road, okigwe road, mbaise, etc., are all bad now and surprisely the superior ones built by mbakwe, ohakim are still standing till today.

The so-called fly OVER is collapsing from the top and can not take pressure of now till two years. We are talking of a flyover that has pot holes of water on it.
The general hospitals you are talking about, is the ones that was already overgrown with bushes even years before rochas was booted out? The only functionable one is the one of ikeduru hospital. Is it the ones rochas and his family used to steal imo dry?

For the well equiped ICT centers. I am just hearing about it for the first time in your write up.

Is that stuff i see in orlu called a stadium? Are you not ashamed of yourself?

The so-called 305 storey building is not even safe for kids. How can you have open none protected windows upstairs and want kids upstairs?

The oputa center, i just wondered how many billions it was used to steal since the general hospitals cost N1b each

And i wondered what are the list of the mentioned etc?
But he was quick to fix well the government properties he converted to his private properties and i wonder what is holding the emeka ihedioha from getting back our properties.
When i move round anambara, ebonyi, and enugu i wondered why imo state have been so very unlucky in the choice of governors.

If only peter obi can agree to come and rule imo state for just a tenure, imo will be better.

Even though emeka ihedioha already is making lots of mistakes in some of his choice of appointments, but the young man was presented with an empty purse to work with and lots of loans and bills.

I pray that some of the thieves around him will allow him work and fix all the damage done by rochas okorocha.

As for rochas, he should keep on enjoying his ill gotten wealth, we at the orlu zone waits for him and all his cronies (uju, ozb, uche nwosu etc.,) to show their faces up for future elections. They might have succeeded in bribing their way through the judicary to get into the national chambers, but with any Arsenal they will deploy come 2023, we will patiently wait for them.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Ihedioha And Lack Of Maintenance Culture In Imo State by legendarystar: 5:51am On Nov 04, 2019
This is not true. This man is very hard working ask Tonto Dikeh and lagbaja

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Ihedioha And Lack Of Maintenance Culture In Imo State by netpro(m): 6:25am On Nov 04, 2019
Ihedioha is unprepared to be Governor. He is just learning on the job.
Re: Gov. Ihedioha And Lack Of Maintenance Culture In Imo State by sonature1: 6:30am On Nov 04, 2019
normaljenny:

ASHAMKOYE, you are talking rubbish. Your paymaster rochas destroyed imo state, stole our state dry with his family and close cohorts as soldiers. And after failing to install his crack loving son in law, he installed himself as a senator using gullible like your.self and trying to sell himself in abuja as a presidential hopeful.

This is a man that aspires to rule Nigeria but couldnt fix small owerri that is not even as big as Agbor in eight years, talkless of imo state.

Your praises above will never sink well at all, seeng the list of projects listed aboveone will feel that you mentioned projects. Tell me and point out one particular project that is functuonal and completed that would call for maintainance. There is no roads in the entire imo state. No road at all. Even a 90 yrs old woman can attest to that. The one going to his village is even bad too. A dead trap. Mention one particular road your man fixed that is not bad right now. MCC road got spoiled just one month after it was built (just 20% of it was fixed) and it has stayed that way since 2016, why didn't rochas maintain it. Sirleaf, yaradua, orlu road, okigwe road, mbaise, etc., are all bad now and surprisely the superior ones built by mbakwe, ohakim are still standing till today.

The so-called fly OVER is collapsing from the top and can not take pressure of now till two years. We are talking of a flyover that has pot holes of water on it.
The general hospitals you are talking about, is the ones that was already overgrown with bushes even years before rochas was booted out? The only functionable one is the one of ikeduru hospital. Is it the ones rochas and his family used to steal imo dry?

For the well equiped ICT centers. I am just hearing about it for the first time in your write up.

The so-called 305 storey building is not even safe for kids. How can you have open none protected windows upstairs and want kids upstairs?

The oputa center, i just wondered how many billions it was used to steal since the general hospitals cost N1b each

But he was quick to fix well the government properties he converted to his private properties and i wonder what is holding the emeka ihedioha from getting back our properties.
When i move round anambara, ebonyi, and enugu i wondered why imo state have been so very unlucky in the choice of governors.

If only peter obi can agree to come and rule imo state for just a tenure, imo will be better.

Even though emeka ihedioha already is making lots of mistakes in some of his choice of appointments, but the young man was presented with an empty purse to work with and lots of loans and bills.

I pray that some of the thieves around him will allow him work and fix all the damage done by rochas okorocha.

As for rochas, he should keep on enjoying his ill gotten wealth, we at the orlu zone waits for him and all his cronies (uju, ozb, uche nwosu etc.,) to show their faces up for future elections. They might have succeeded in bribing their way through the judicary to get into the national chambers, but with any Arsenal they will deploy come 2023, we will patiently wait for them.

Keep quiet, mister

It's okay to hate Rochas all you want, but it's very irrational for the incumbent governor to allow the project end up in ruins. The same projects he used taxpayers' money to build?

I don't know why young people like you will allow hate becloud your reasoning. Who did this to the black man?

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Ihedioha And Lack Of Maintenance Culture In Imo State by Ambcharles(m): 6:30am On Nov 04, 2019
You cannot maintain what will collapse. Everything is going to be rebuilt.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Ihedioha And Lack Of Maintenance Culture In Imo State by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 04, 2019
Please what is remaining in Imo state to be maintained.. bikonu.
Rochas Raped the state to asses.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Ihedioha And Lack Of Maintenance Culture In Imo State by durangokid: 7:00am On Nov 04, 2019
normaljenny:

. My brother you are completely an imo man, that is an epic reply to a frustrated poster, like you replied him, I don't know why people drive joy in telling lies, where is the well equipped ICT centers, hospitals he abandoned when Catholic doctors treathen to sue him when he attempted to enforce abortion and other health bill with his cohorts in the state Assembly, it was discovered that the foreign investors he wanted to give the hospital to manage where to use some the hospital for body parts transplant, immediately the health bill failed, the the treats from Catholic doctors and lawyers, those hospitals were all abandoned, I am urging the poster to name one single project built by Rochas Okorocha, apart from Oputa complex which he used to divert billions of niara
Re: Gov. Ihedioha And Lack Of Maintenance Culture In Imo State by ekesol: 8:19am On Nov 04, 2019
You re all fools including okorocha. What is there to maintain in okorochas legacy? Okorocha and his accomplice only succeeded in looking the state coffers. Is it the nonsence police quarters that was built with billions with noting on ground to show ok r the the rubbish mother and child building without design and feasibility studies before it was built or the somto building done shabishly. Please you all should just relocate to Abuja with thief rochas and bury yourselves in shame. Rochas busy building blocks and painting it white and calling it Project. Bastards, may Amadioha fire all of you including your masters wherever you are
Re: Gov. Ihedioha And Lack Of Maintenance Culture In Imo State by Anambralstson: 9:13am On Nov 04, 2019
netpro:
Ihedioha is unprepared to be Governor. He is just learning on the job.
Ihedioha currently rebuilding Imo

Re: Gov. Ihedioha And Lack Of Maintenance Culture In Imo State by Shawnnn01: 9:36am On Nov 04, 2019
It is not hate that beclouded this one's judgement it is outright foolishness, no two words about that.

sonature1:

Keep quiet, mister

It's okay to hate Rochas all you want, but it's very irrational for the incumbent governor to allow the project end up in ruins. The same projects he used taxpayers' money to build?

I don't know why young people like you will allow hate becloud your reasoning. Who did this to the black man?
Re: Gov. Ihedioha And Lack Of Maintenance Culture In Imo State by asha80(m): 10:17am On Nov 04, 2019
sonature1:

Keep quiet, mister

I actually hope those flyovers aren't one of the projects that you feel are supposed to be maintained..at least that one I am very sure about..if for anything it is actually supposed to be brought down as the the entire structure very faulty

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"We Are Not Rich, I'm Not A Rich Person"- Fomer 1st Lady, Maryam Abacha Reveals / Governor Makinde Withdraws Crowns From 21 Ibadan ‘kings’ Elevated By Ajimobi / N7.65bn Fraud: Orji Uzor Kalu To Lose 300 Billion Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.