Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) (63823 Views)

Andre Gomes Discharged From Hospital After Successful Surgery / CAF Appoint Alioum As Referee For AFCON 2019 Final, Victor Gomes Dropped / OFFICIAL: Everton Sign Andre Gomes From Barcelona On Loan (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by Beverlyjean(f): 9:27am On Nov 04, 2019
olutop:

Typical Nigerian mentality, We can do anything for money...Money is our lord

The whites that play the game , are they not also aware of the risks involved... Or u think it's the first time this sort of thing is happening in football??
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by davidkingsley59(m): 9:29am On Nov 04, 2019
What a pity! He will have to deal with the pains but missing football for months won't matter much. His legs are insured, aren't they? And he won't lose a dime for not playing.
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 04, 2019
drips8:
Even though footballers make loads of money, they are actually putting their bodies on the line

You can just see the agony on Gomes's face

What will you say of police and soldiers
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by jayjay2609: 9:29am On Nov 04, 2019
IamPatriotic:
The Referee acted unprofessionally, he shouldn't have given Sun a red card in that circumstances, especially after seeing his reaction to Gomez injury.

When a player endangers the safety of another player, whether intentional/unintentionally, he automatically receives a red card

Hence, the reason why the referee sent him(son) off after initially showing him a yellow card.. Thats just the rule of game

I felt pity for Son sha, the guy was pretty distressed

3 Likes

Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by AlphaStyles(m): 9:32am On Nov 04, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:

None of those legs you posted belong to Gomes. Keep calm.
oga ooo weldone as per say na u know how homes leg look like na
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by Skmoda360(m): 9:33am On Nov 04, 2019
olutop:

Useless mentality......
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by AlphaStyles(m): 9:33am On Nov 04, 2019
MrOwonikoko:

Na because say u wan see am. Every reader of this post see this unpleasant picture but they jump am past like terry G but u focus on top am come dey use excuse...mtchew undecided cry
see me see trouble I see something so I no fit comment again? Una get problem for this Nairaland
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by thorpido(m): 9:34am On Nov 04, 2019
IamPatriotic:
The Referee acted unprofessionally, he shouldn't have given Sun a red card in that circumstances, especially after seeing his reaction to Gomez injury.
Do you know what unprofessionally is?
He got a red for his tackle,not his cries.

4 Likes

Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by ecclize: 9:35am On Nov 04, 2019
IamPatriotic:
it was the best thing bro... because even son is not mentally fit continue the game.... Even Aurier was substituted given is reaction

2 Likes

Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by DelphiOracle(m): 9:37am On Nov 04, 2019
OTayobami:
He should be flown to Germany asap, those people be like people wey get human spear parts
yes o enough SPEAR parts

1 Like

Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by IsraelSongz: 9:38am On Nov 04, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Pay me 150 -300 thousand pounds every Thursday and I will gladly put my body on the line and break my leg by myself...

Lol. Nairaland with many mad men sha. Lol.
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by OTayobami(m): 9:39am On Nov 04, 2019
DelphiOracle:
yes o enough SPEAR parts
i fear those people
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by Hapinex01: 9:40am On Nov 04, 2019
I wish him speedy recovery. As dia money big naso dia injury dey big too. See person leg abeg
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by Resurgent2016: 9:44am On Nov 04, 2019
IamPatriotic:

Are you joking?

1 Like

Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by Amunidamilola: 9:57am On Nov 04, 2019
Get well soon Andre Gomes
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by ojay2053(m): 9:58am On Nov 04, 2019
Gomez was outstanding in the game, he was terrorizing Tottenham with lovely passes.
I feel for Son though , he went for the tackle but it was Aurier that gave Gomez the horrific injury.
I wish you Speedy recovery Gomez.
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by oloriooko(m): 9:59am On Nov 04, 2019
More horrific injuries have been successfully fixed this is not new to those magical hands

1 Like

Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by newlandf: 10:01am On Nov 04, 2019
So bad
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 04, 2019
Chaiii....
This is bad o, I can't even look at it.
NB: na this kind thing dem suppose do Messi
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by baiaon(m): 10:06am On Nov 04, 2019
ojay2053:
Gomez was outstanding in the game, he was terrorizing Tottenham with lovely passes.
I feel for Son though , he went for the tackle but it was Aurier that gave Gomez the horrific injury
I wish you Speedy recovery Gomez.
Go ahead and put the blame on the blackman

1 Like

Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by Rolex66: 10:09am On Nov 04, 2019
And op, did you have to pay for the word 'graphic' before using it?
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by Reference(m): 10:16am On Nov 04, 2019
Why is everyone saying it is not Son' fault. Of course tackles are legitimate parts of most contact sports but when you go into one you are taking a serious risk which can lead to grave unintended consequences.

When you project power or seek an unfair advantage be it road rage or a supposedly mild skirmish on a queue, folks havegone to jail on manslaughter charges for those.

Son is lucky the break was not higher up leading to major arterial rupture or the consequences will have been worse. There is serious risk in tackles and the consequences are dire. Sports is no exception.

3 Likes

Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by Ajibade123(m): 10:17am On Nov 04, 2019
the injury was so horrible I couldn't even look at the picture for long... doctors are really trying o may God grant him quick recovery
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by mdchikezie(m): 10:19am On Nov 04, 2019
IamPatriotic:

STOP SAYING SHIT, THAT WAS FOR JUSTICE TO BE SERVED TO THE INJURED. DO YOU EVEN EXPECT SON TO KEEP PLAYING AFTER SEEING THAT

2 Likes

Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by mdchikezie(m): 10:26am On Nov 04, 2019
Resurgent2016:

Are you joking?
MY BROTHER I CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW SOME PEOPLE REASON. DOES HE EVEN THINK THAT SON WOULD KEEP PLAYING AFTER SEEING THAT
THE RED CARD WAS DESERVING FOR HIM NOT FOR HIS TACKLE,(it wasnt a grievous tackle tbh) BUT FOR JUSTICE TO GOMEZ AND THE FANS. son is only gonna be out for three matches. but gomes wouldnt even play till next season
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by GODPUNISHALABI: 10:34am On Nov 04, 2019
Chei I come Dey feel sorry for son pass the person wey break leg....him Dey feel like say him don kill person grin
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by MuyiRano(m): 10:37am On Nov 04, 2019
Bigiyo:
Chaiii.... This is bad o, I can't even look at it. NB: na this kind thing dem suppose do Messi
See this hater
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by Ipodisacriminal: 10:37am On Nov 04, 2019
olutop:

You nko
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by Pantoo: 10:40am On Nov 04, 2019
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 04, 2019
MuyiRano:

See this hater
lwkm...
I no hate Messi I but that guy has broken my heart a lot of times
Re: Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) by baiaon(m): 10:43am On Nov 04, 2019
Reference:
Why is everyone saying it is not Son' fault Of course tackles are legitimate parts of most contact sports but when you go into one you are taking a serious risk which can lead to grave unintended consequences.

When you project power or seek an unfair advantage be it road rage or a supposedly mild skirmish on a queue, folks havegone to jail on manslaughter charges for those.

Son is lucky the break was not higher up leading to major arterial rupture or the consequences will have been worse. There is serious risk in tackles and the consequences are dire. Sports is no exception.
Son is asian.The media created the narrative Gomes injury wasn't his fault so that he wouldn't be subjected to racist abuse and everyone else towed their line

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ronaldo Sells His Hill-side Mansion To Pepe / Picture Of Julius Aghahowa As He Turns 41 / Five Things To Know About Sweden Sex Championship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.