Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,419 members, 7,954,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:29 AM

Any Webmaster That Knows Forum Development : - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Any Webmaster That Knows Forum Development : (2591 Views)

A Good Webmaster That Can Design A Site Like Soccermanager.com / Webmaster That That Can Build A Vibrant Social Networking Site Isneeded / I Need Help With Forum Development And Management. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Webmaster That Knows Forum Development : by suxes2005(m): 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2010
Hi all,

I am currently looking for a Webmaster That
Knows Forum Development well. I have bought
the domain name as well as installed smf but I
need some1 (or more) who can help work together
on the FORUM.

SHALOM
Re: Any Webmaster That Knows Forum Development : by appleton: 6:16pm On Nov 14, 2010
Sorry, I dont have answers to ur question, but I'ld like to know hw u installed the smf.
U may want to send me a mail as regards that,
appletonjames18@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Any Webmaster That Knows Forum Development : by pdone: 10:22am On Nov 15, 2010
suxes2005:

Hi all,

I am currently looking for a Webmaster That
Knows Forum Development well. I have bought
the domain name as well as installed smf but I
need some1 (or more) who can help work together
on the FORUM.

SHALOM

I would like to help you but sometime it is really important that the person has to be there to work things out with you. Don't forget that you need to download some modules to love-vendor your website. Take for instance "www.nairaland.com", it is using smf but it has a lot of modules to make the site look the way it is now. For example, the homepage display. You can visit smf website to download the modules of your choices. Make you the modules that you are download can work with the version of smf you are using. If you encounter a problem you can google it or visit smf forum for immediate answer. I recommend that you install a version of smf on your localhost and test things out before testing them on your real site. Wish you luck.

appleton:

Sorry, I dont have answers to your question, but I'ld like to know hw u installed the smf.
U may want to send me a mail as regards that,
appletonjames18@yahoo.com
Thanks

The simplest way to install smf( if you are installing it on your webserver) is:-
1.) Log into your Cpanel
2.) Look for "Fantastico" and click on it
3.) When "Fantastico dialogue box open, look at your left, you will see a list of web softwares. Since you want to install smf, its is located under "Discussion Boards" Click on it.
4.) Once you click on it, the page will load. Follow the instructions there. You will succeed. I wish you look.

The second option on installing the smf is first installing it on your localhost(that is your computer). But before you do that make you that you have web server application like xampp or wamp (if you are running on windows) or used mamp( if you are running on mac.
You can download xampp, wamp, or mamp from their website. It is free. Once you have install any of the software, go ahead and download smf from their website. After downloading it. Follow this steps
1.) Extract smf file to "htdocs folder(if you have using xampp you can find this folder under C:/xamp/htdocs)" or "www folder(if you are using wamp or mamp)".
2.) After the extraction, open your web browser and type "localhost/"the name of the file you used to extract the smf". Before doing that, make sure that your xampp, wamp or mamp is running. You can do that by turning any of them on.
3.) Let that example that you extracted the smf file in a folder like C:/xamp/htdocs/smf. Type "localhost/smf" in your browser, it will open the smf installation, follow the guide you will succeed. If you encounter problem, you can google it because I may not be online to help out.
4.) Let's assume that everything went well and now you want to upload it to your webserver, you can use Filezilla. You can also don't forget to upload your database too. Good luck.
Re: Any Webmaster That Knows Forum Development : by utimatedes(m): 10:53am On Nov 15, 2010
What kind of help do you need?
Re: Any Webmaster That Knows Forum Development : by appleton: 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2010
How to upload smf
Re: Any Webmaster That Knows Forum Development : by suxes2005(m): 6:49pm On Nov 15, 2010
Hi thanks for your msgs and replies

I need som1 whom who can work together
on the forum. Design it to intl standard

SHALOM
Re: Any Webmaster That Knows Forum Development : by utimatedes(m): 12:34am On Nov 16, 2010
There are two ways of installing your SMF forum. The first method is simple- you will have to login to your CPanel account, locate fantastico and click on Simple Machine Forum (SMF). You must have MySQL database before you can install your smf. once you click on smf from fantastico, you will fill all the required information and click next and follow the instruction to install your forum.

Another method is by downloading the software at simplemachineforum.org, unzip the file into your ftp file uploader at upload to your server and follow the tutorial that comes with the download software to install your forum.

You can holla me on deyesborn(at)gmail.com
Re: Any Webmaster That Knows Forum Development : by hostmot(f): 9:55am On Nov 20, 2010
Re: Any Webmaster That Knows Forum Development : by gooncunseNags: 6:48pm On Feb 09, 2011
When i was at my last outing to Miami I stumbled over Oscar while on this way. The man told me, he was open to buy a fresh Computer software here the PC Stockroom close to the bend. Good, what a coincidence, I was just about to go to this same shop, but intended for a diverse goal. We determined that we work organized, so we both be capable of provide advice to each other.
Nowadays I hardly ever get Programs in a warehouse. I favor buying in the Online world for the reason that nearly every time there appears to be the help to get a demonstration or even take a crack at the thing over a limited while otherwise through restricted features. I cannot do that in a store! My pal opposed me, telling me he understands precisely what he needs. This man experienced previously at his parents robot and it appears to be the greatest he has yet encountered yet!
At this juncture in United States nevertheless it appears to be not dangerous to obtain audio visual rental software in the Network. It arrives along with the complete advantage you need. Certainly it is cool, when you provide persons enjoyment and this so greatly needed leisure, when you lead a venture that is related to Parties, Actions and Celebration, but even this kind of making cash nevertheless wishes to get cash (grin at this time). So hold it together and stay in no doubt you have a fine software system to control every one of your ventures and maintains you updated!
For me, Philip Estes the thing certainly is the most crucial bit of equipment you can own!
Forever experience, what has been most excellent!!
Re: Any Webmaster That Knows Forum Development : by mrperfect(m): 1:52pm On Feb 11, 2011
pdone, You really did justice to this work here.
Op if you need a designer go to the smf site there are a lot of designers there that can help you.

(1) (Reply)

Adsense Users Does Adsense Accept This Type Of Site? / Ask Me Any Questions About Blogging Wordpress / Bloggers On Wordpress, Drop Ur Blog Related Problems Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.