Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,343 members, 7,836,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? (1566 Views)

How To Live With a contentious woman / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? / How Do You "Live" With An Adulterous Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by excel12(m): 4:57pm On May 22, 2007
As a newly married, can you allow your relations live with you and your wife (or husband as the case may be) ?
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by sisimose(f): 7:01pm On May 22, 2007
NO. I did once and never again. No amount of good is enough for many people, especially family, so keep them far , love them but keep them far. It is one thing my husband hates. As a newly wed nobody should ever try doing it, never let anyone in your home, it is your time together, a time that can make or break a marriage so don't use your own hands to pull the rigger smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by mazaje(m): 9:45pm On May 22, 2007
its not advisabel to do that
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by iice(f): 4:14am On May 23, 2007
I have always told my brothers, even when they are married, they would still see me in their houses grin grin

Personally, it depends on how well i get along with my relations and how well they get along with my husband.
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by ikamefa(f): 5:32am On May 23, 2007
sisimose:

NO. I did once and never again. No amount of good is enough for many people, especially family, so keep them far , love them but keep them far. It is one thing my husband hates. As a newly wed nobody should ever try doing it, never let anyone in your home, it is your time together, a time that can make or break a marriage so don't use your own hands to pull the rigger smiley

i kind of agree with you but on the other hand my immediate family(my brovas, sistas) will always be by me, and i guess my hubby will have to understand, these are the peeps who make me thick

iice:

I have always told my brothers, even when they are married, they would still see me in their houses grin grin

Personally, it depends on how well i get along with my relations and how well they get along with my husband.

twinny word oh! man wey wan marry me must marry my relations with me and vice versa too " grin "
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by dominobaby(f): 9:06am On May 23, 2007
It depends on what their situation is, and they're definitely not staying for too long.
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by iyken(m): 10:31am On May 23, 2007
Ideally, for newly weds, its not the wisest of decisions to allow a relative stay with you, 'cos thats the period often refered to as "the nature nurture controversy" in marriages. Couples require absolute privacy for intimate sync.
However, in view of our peculiar social terrain,this is often compromised.
For couples who can, this is highly encouraged @ least for the first six months.
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by VOR(m): 11:20am On May 23, 2007
ikamefa:

my immediate family(my brovas, sistas) will always be by me, and i guess my hubby will have to understand, these are the peeps who make me thick

And there I was thinking you were a rather intelligent girl.
How wrong I was. wink
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by ikamefa(f): 2:08pm On May 23, 2007
VOR:

And there I was thinking you were a rather intelligent girl.
How wrong I was. wink

hummmmmmmm oga [b]intelligence measurer [/b]bikonu!, feel free to think what ever you want!

the last time i checked it was and still is a free world

i suppose Einstein na yah grand daddy abi?

thick! or tick ! wetin ? " idea is need jare!"?
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by chiogo(f): 1:44am On May 26, 2007
@topic
No, they could be corny! When u do good, they go about and say u did bad! It's not advisable like smone said. We can visit eachother and have fun when we're together but livin' wit them could be trouble. U know, u can't really know a person until u live with them.
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by kellorah: 1:48am On May 26, 2007
i'm not asian. cheesy

NO way!!
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by joobreel(m): 12:53pm On May 26, 2007
i will want my younger relations to stay with me. they usually come in handy you know. and the more you take care of them, the more you have. law of given. and its always interesting when thre are people around you. my opinion
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by Seun(m): 12:57pm On May 26, 2007
No, I don't want anyone staying with me except people I know I can tolerate. I.e. my wife.
If a relative needs accommodation, I'd rather pay for his/her accommodation elsewhere. No wahala.
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by titilayomi(f): 5:04pm On May 31, 2007
ikamefa:

i kind of agree with you but on the other hand my immediate family(my brovas, sistas) will always be by me, and i guess my hubby will have to understand, these are the peeps who make me thick

twinny word oh! man wey wan marry me must marry my relations with me and vice versa too " grin "

You'll have to understand your hubby too that they are the peeps that make him tick even if they make you sick.
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:39am On Jun 09, 2007
if they want to visit. they are always welcome. but to come and live, as in permanent resident. don't think its advisable at all. there would always be conflicts. so better to avoid such stress and everyone respects their own businesses.
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by benit(f): 9:56am On Jun 09, 2007
lipsrsealed cry
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by osereka(m): 11:15am On Jun 09, 2007
NOPE
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by bluehorizo(m): 9:04pm On Apr 26, 2008
No
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by tRoOE(f): 11:09pm On Apr 26, 2008

No oh that is like inviting trouble into your own home, I don't mind my sibling coming to visit but leaving with us is a no and same goes for my man family too

If my sibling wants to live with us, I don't mind getting them an apt close by my house oh

Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by rasputinn(m): 5:04pm On Apr 27, 2008
Well it depends on some variables like

How big is your house
How big is your wallet
What will be their usefulness
Above all,how is their character(I lay down the rules and if you repeatedly flout 'em,you take a hike back to Delta State)

Personally,I don't mind.I've got a big house and I'm not doing badly,and come to think of it,it's not like they're going to be in the house 24hrs in a day for 365days.
In most cases,sooner than later,they'll have to go back to school and before you know it,they're through.
It's only after youth service that I'll settle each of them with a room self contained apartment  grin grin grin grin.They'll do their job hunting from there.
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by bigfather(m): 6:17pm On Apr 27, 2008
No big deal,as long as they are close relatives.
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by Thane(m): 1:13am On Mar 27, 2020
12 yrs later I wonder how y'all are doing. This life
Re: Can You Allow You Relations Live With You? by StreetFight: 7:23am On Mar 27, 2020
ikamefa:

And will you be kind to your husbands relatives living with you?

Now tell me, if your brothers and sisters are living with you and your husband's brothers and sisters are also living with you, then how will you and your husband ever have savings? If you a a millionaire and your husband is also a millionaire, then you will get apartment's for your family and relatives, since you cannot get apartments for them, it means you are not very financially comfortable. How then will you be financially balance if you carry all family responsibilities on your head?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help / Am I A Maniac Or Am Just Selfish / Should I Tell My Father?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.