Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,298 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? (1548 Views)

Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? / Why Should Poor Couples Have Children / Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by redsun(m): 11:12pm On Aug 05, 2011
When i look at those african Children suffering in the horn of Africa,i see Sodom,i see abject miseries for lack of know how.Then I wonder why they should ever bear children in that situation.People that can not fend for themselves cannot be allowed to mortgage the lives of the innocents just because they like to fuc-k.People that doesn't know what it is all about.

Having children is a thing of joy,it is the transformation from one to another and the passing on of the torch

And funny enough,there are hardly any disable children among african children,they are just hungry and malnourished but physically able.
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by Sunofgod(m): 11:25pm On Aug 05, 2011
Is the problem that they do not have money to buy food or there is no food to buy?

This is not solely about being poor - its about famine caused by nature.

If anything they need to up their birth rate before the become extinct.
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by Kobojunkie: 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2011
Mumu logic alert ooo!!!!

Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by redsun(m): 11:35pm On Aug 05, 2011
Man is main to control  nature,man is main to infuse with nature and transform as nature transforms.That is a controllable situation,if they know how.

But because most african live like zombies,they sheepishly leave themselves at the mercy of nature.
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by redsun(m): 11:38pm On Aug 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Mumu logic alert ooo!!!!

What your own,bi-ttch?What do you mean?

I bet you don't have children?You are just one miserable,grumpy,scruffy person.Probably not a woman
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by Kobojunkie: 11:41pm On Aug 05, 2011
redsun:

What your own,bi-ttch?What do you mean?

I bet you don't have children?You are just one miserable,grumpy,scruffy person.Probably not a woman

I would not really hold that against you as it seems this is probably how you were raised to address women(probably even those close to you) in your upbringing!   cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by redsun(m): 11:50pm On Aug 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I would not really hold that against you as it seems this is probably how you were raised to address women(probably even those close to you) in your upbringing!   cry cry cry cry cry cry

Some women are not women.I make my choices,i do what i like and think what i think.And you don't have to like it.

But mind you,i am hardly on the offensive.
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On Aug 05, 2011
redsun:

Some women are not women.I make my choices,i do what i like and think what i think.And you don't have to like it.

But mind you,i am hardly on the offensive.

Like I said, a likely reflection of how you were raised, and possibly a hint on the WHO.
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by redsun(m): 11:58pm On Aug 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Like I said, a likely reflection of how you were raised, and possibly a hint on the WHO.

How can you quantify a god?Who doesn't stick to what is?

When you are talking to me,you are talking to who can take to where you have never been.
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by pleep(m): 2:54am On Aug 06, 2011
In situations like this we can look @ the animal kingdom to understand human behavior.
In animals There are two types of population curves that the magority of animals will fit into. K-selected and R- selected. Scientists base these on the rate of survival for offspring.

In a k-curve the offspring has the higest chance of survival, there is a constant supply of food, the climate is stable and there isn't much danger. These animals also have the longest longest live span.
Animals like this produce few offspring, but carefully watch overthem until adulthood. Mortality is low at the begining of the curve but gets high in old age (from natural causes). The elephant or dolphin is an example of this type of animal.

In a R-curve there is constant danger from the minute the offspring is born. The enviornment is vey unstable, and predators and death is everywhere. The majority of the children die before adulthood. Oddly in these situations animals do not carefully watch over the offspring untill maturity but rather produce more. Examples are sea turtles, salmon and mice. 

As you can see the k-curve closely resembles life in a post industrialized country like japan, where population growth is negative, while the r-curve is remeniscent of places like the horn where there is civil war, food shortages and very unstable living contitions.

Ppl often believe that the over fertility of 3rd world parents is caused by lack of educated or culture but those are just contributing factors. This behavior is written in the DNA of every living thing and education can never change that.
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by ektbear: 4:58am On Aug 06, 2011
err. . . pretty politically incorrect stuff here lipsrsealed
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by OAM4J: 5:26am On Aug 06, 2011
@redsun

I see u are derailing your own thread!

Anyways, moving thread to family Section.
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by pleep(m): 6:33am On Aug 06, 2011
^Family section? Wow.
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by femmy2010(m): 10:32am On Aug 06, 2011
They hope for a better tomorrow.
Hope is what keeps us going.
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by N101: 5:10pm On Aug 06, 2011
redsun:

When i look at those african Children suffering in the horn of Africa,i see Sodom,i see abject miseries for lack of know how.Then I wonder why they should ever bear children in that situation.People that can not fend for themselves cannot be allowed to mortgage the lives of the innocents just because they like to fuc-k.People that doesn't know what it is all about.

Having children is a thing of joy,it is the transformation from one to another and the passing on of the torch

And funny enough,there are hardly any disable children among african children,they are just hungry and malnourished but physically able.

Sex is free, poor people have sex and therefore have children. Reasoning does not come into it, whether they can afford to support their children doesn't come into it.

However at bold I would disagree - not sure what kind of world you live in but I know and have met a number of African children who are autistic, have learning difficulties or Cerebal Palsy - and that's excluding the ones who had Polio as a child. Disability does not discriminate.
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by Tswana: 8:47pm On Aug 07, 2011
I don't understand your where you got your info from or is one of the syllabus you got from your europe education,life is not as bad as you might think things have change and should your syllabus
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by obowunmi(m): 10:00am On Aug 08, 2011
OP's IQ is at 10. MKO Abiola came from an extremely poor family and worked his way up the social ladder of elities. Go and read your history books, the come back to post and your idiotic viewpoints. Mschteeew!
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by armyofone(m): 3:56pm On Aug 08, 2011
No, they should not. but you know they gain something from big O it make them feel good and they don't like condom as they prefer to feel the skin which = children and more children.
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by dayokanu(m): 6:16pm On Aug 08, 2011
armyofone:

No, they should not. but you know they gain something from big O it make them feel good and they don't like condom as they prefer to feel the skin which = children and more children.

Interesting.

In most cases, when you have children and dont have enough resources to care for them, the cycle of poverty and crime continues.

The irony is that its the poor who breed more.

Obama has 2 kids but the poor man living in the ghetto has 12.

I support vasectomy for ppl below a certain level of income.
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by obowunmi(m): 6:39pm On Aug 08, 2011
^^^ who are you to decide the biological ability of another human ? angry angry angry
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by Tswana: 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2011
I wouldn't be surprise if most of the negative blockers are from the same situation
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by dayokanu(m): 7:49pm On Aug 08, 2011
obowunmi:

^^^ who are you to decide the biological ability of another human ? angry angry angry

Because your biological ability affect the larger population
Re: Why Should Abjectly Poor People Have Children? by Hellstromm: 11:08pm On Aug 17, 2011
Amazing, can't even understand why this discussion even took place.

Let's look at this from a "human" perspective:

There are people living in the deserts of the U.S,   There is no food, no water, no natural resources available in those areas.  So how do they exist?  They exist by commerce.   Food, water and other resources are shipped into those areas for the residents of that region.

Is that happening in all parts of Nigeria?  No, of course not.  There are people suffering starvation.  There are children incapable of lifting a spoon, let alone their own heads.  Is that the fault of those without food and water, or is the fault of the region for failing to provide for all within their borders?   Or, if it is neither, then where how far do you reach to determine fault?

Well, the answer is more Machiavellian than a simple "blaming of the victim."   It is in those who exploit.   In major countries, exploitation is the means for opulence to exist.   Those who have, certainly want more.  Those who do not, take what they can get or what is provided.    In countries like the U.S., slavery has been outlawed, and yet only in their own borders.   It is corporations that recognize good business, and it is they that look to other nations, those with governments of lessor morals, for greater profits.  And it is in these governments with lessor morals that corporations can enslave citizenry.  Not in the nations for which they pay taxes, but in the nations of lessor means, where desperation is a commodity to greed.   

Look to your own nation to protect its citizenry, those living and those starving.  It is in your own nation, within its governing body, that morality is dictated.  It is in your own nation that corporations find opportunity for exploit, or opportunity for mutual benefit.

But please, don't blame the victims.

(1) (Reply)

How Long Can Your Inlaws Or Extended Family Stay With You? / How To Beat Your Woman Without Going To Jail / Does Your Mouth Smell When You Wakeup In The Morning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.