Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,422 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers (2282 Views)

Cost Of Rearing 500 Broilers In Nigeria With The Profit Amount / My Pet Project: Is It Economically Feasible To Rear Local Chickens Commercially? / How Many Bags Of Feed Does It Take To Feed 500 Broilers Everyday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by icekwuin(f): 11:31am On Nov 04, 2019
Hello guys
Please help me with the cost analysis of rearing 500 broilers for 6weeks. Thanks
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by icekwuin(f): 11:33am On Nov 04, 2019
How many bags of feed will 500 broilers consume?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by OddslordIsBack: 11:46am On Nov 04, 2019
also treatment

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by Solsix(m): 11:51am On Nov 04, 2019
50 briolers will consume 12 bags of feed in 8 weeks, so 500 will consume, 120 bags plus or minus.
Check the cost of bag of feed in your location. You have to make provision for medication and for unforseen circumstances.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by icekwuin(f): 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
Thanks50 briolers will consume 12 bags of feed in 8 weeks, so 500 will consume, 120 bags plus or minus.
Check the cost of bag of feed in your location. You have to make provision for medication and for unforseen circumstances.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by yemmit90: 6:27pm On Nov 04, 2019
icekwuin:
Hello guys
Please help me with the cost analysis of rearing 500 broilers for 6weeks. Thanks

It depends on price of DOC, quality of feed used and your target weight.

Just have a budget of 1.8 tons of professional feed or 2 tons of normal feed for the duration of 6 weeks. 40k for drugs, vaccine and brooding materials. Add everything with current price of DOC and get your total cost.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by icekwuin(f): 10:28pm On Nov 04, 2019
Thanks.
Please, how many bags of normal feed is 2 tons.
yemmit90:

It depends on price of DOC, quality of feed used and your target weight.

Just have a budget of 1.8 tons of professional feed or 2 tons of normal feed for the duration of 6 weeks. 40k for drugs, vaccine and brooding materials. Add everything with current price of DOC and get your total cost.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by bluke(m): 8:09am On Nov 05, 2019
what is the mkt price for a chicken
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by yemmit90: 11:08am On Nov 05, 2019
icekwuin:
Thanks.
Please, how many bags of normal feed is 2 tons.

2 tons is 80 bags of 25kg.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by icekwuin(f): 11:20am On Nov 05, 2019
Thanks, why I'm asking is because someone told me that to feed 500 broilers for 6weeks, I will have to use 160 bags of 25kg hybrid feed.
yemmit90:

2 tons is 80 bags of 25kg.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by ogbongenet: 11:39am On Nov 05, 2019
Noiler is a dual purpose breed of chicken developed for small holder farmers to address the challenges of food insecurity
and financial dependency among rural populace, especially women.

Unique Features
Noiler is bred to survive in free range and on kitchen waste and farm by-products
to produce good quality meat and egg, hence dual purpose bird with following
characteristics:

- Hardiness
- High resistance to common diseases
- Heat tolerance
- Low input- feed cost, shelter, labour
- Tougher meat than broiler
- Nutritional security
The Noiler chick is a potential bio-converter of no cost agricultural, household and natural waste abundant in villages — into human protein food and substantial incomes for rural households.it eats whatever the local fowl eats yet grows as big as broiler.isn't this awesome?

To order for your 4weeks Noiler chicken call or WhatsApp 08060115253

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by yemmit90: 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
icekwuin:
Thanks, why I'm asking is because someone told me that to feed 500 broilers for 6weeks, I will have to use 160 bags of 25kg hybrid feed.

The person is not into poultry business i think. 4kg per bird is enough to feed broiler for six weeks, You may not even need up to that to get heavy weight birds if you use professional feed.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 05, 2019
yemmit90:

The person is not into poultry business i think. 4kg per bird is enough to feed broiler for six weeks, You may not even need up to that to get heavy weight birds if you use professional feed.

Which brands of professional feed do you recommend?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by yemmit90: 6:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
Pistotita:

Which brands of professional feed do you recommend?

Chikun Ultima super starter and its finisher.

Cheapest among professional feeds brands at 154k per tons. I am a die hard fan of Breedwell professional feed, but they failed me in my last two circles. This Chikun Ultima is currently doing wonderful job in terms of fast growth. Hybrid and new hopes professional feeds are also good but more expensive than Chikun Ultima with the same quality or even not up to Chikun.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by icekwuin(f): 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2019
yemmit90:

Please which is professional feed?
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by yemmit90: 11:17am On Nov 06, 2019
icekwuin:

Please which is professional feed?

Specially made feed, quality and expensive than normal feed. Brands like Breedwell, Chikun, Hybrid, New Hope, Happy chicken, all have their special formulation feeds called professional feeds.
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by kakakoshina(m): 3:33pm On Nov 06, 2019
i can give u a feed formulation fml,
if interested Dm me
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by TheBusinessHub: 9:23pm On May 11, 2020
yemmit90:

I'll like to seek your professional counsel and discuss at length on a troubling issue with an agro startup experiencing challenges. Can you be kind to furnish me with your number so I can place a call
Re: How Much Does It Cost To Rear 500 Broilers by yemmit90: 4:12pm On May 12, 2020
TheBusinessHub:

I'll like to seek your professional counsel and discuss at length on a troubling issue with an agro startup experiencing challenges. Can you be kind to furnish me with your number so I can place a call

You can send me a mail.

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With Goatti Investment / Groundnut And Cucumber / Wheel Maize Planter For Sale - Used Just A Few Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.