Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,829 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike (1934 Views)

Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo / Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo / video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by jason12345: 7:49pm On Nov 14, 2010
By Akoma Chinweoke
THE National President, Association of Ndi-Eze Ndi-Igbo in Diaspora, Eze Nwabueze Ohazulike, has attributed the spate of kidnaping and other violent crimes ravaging the South-East zone to the long neglect of the region, widely acknowledged as producing the bulk of the nation’s wealth.
Ohazulike, who noted this at this year’s annual New Yam Festival, Iri ji, in Lagos, however, argued that one way government can contend the horrifying situation was to evolve intelligent security system, backed up by database, as obtained in developed nations, to track down criminals indulged in the vices.
He also condemned those behind bomb explosions in the country and appealed to traditional rulers to join forces with government to fight the menace while calling on students to shun cultism. He noted that poor academic performance starts from hideous associations.
The Eze Ndi-Igbo noted that culture and traditional values were pivotal to the socio-economic and technological advancement of the country and warned that it should not be trampled upon as, according to him, people who crush their culture are heading for extinction.
“It is pertinent, at this juncture, to inform you that the title of “Eze Ndi-Igbo” which is registered with the CAC, Abuja, remains intact. Anybody who tries to jettison the appellation without the consent of its members challenges the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/kidnapping-not-igbo-culture-ohazulike/
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by abagoro(m): 7:56pm On Nov 14, 2010
He will soon endorse his own candidates.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by jason12345: 7:56pm On Nov 14, 2010
abagoro:

He will soon endorse his own candidates.

atleast he is trying to clarify the misconception among people.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by aljharem(m): 7:59pm On Nov 14, 2010
good words

because some individual are doing this act does not mean at all of them

i have meet igbos in lagos and abuja and they are not like the ones on this nairaland

igbos are generally good people so are the yorubas but the igbos on this nairaland, i have never seen before. angry angry angry
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2010
jason12345:

By Akoma Chinweoke
THE National President, Association of Ndi-Eze Ndi-Igbo in Diaspora, Eze Nwabueze Ohazulike, has attributed the spate of kidnaping and other violent crimes ravaging the South-East zone to the long neglect of the region,[s] widely acknowledged as producing the bulk of the nation’s wealth.
[/s]

Ohazulike, who noted this at this year’s annual New Yam Festival, Iri ji, in Lagos, however, argued that one way government can contend the horrifying situation was to evolve intelligent security system, backed up by database, as obtained in developed nations, to track down criminals indulged in the vices.
He also condemned those behind bomb explosions in the country and appealed to traditional rulers to join forces with government to fight the menace while calling on students to shun cultism. He noted that poor academic performance starts from hideous associations.
The Eze Ndi-Igbo noted that culture and traditional values were pivotal to the socio-economic and technological advancement of the country and warned that it should not be trampled upon as, according to him, people who crush their culture are heading for extinction.
“It is pertinent, at this juncture, to inform you that the title of “Eze Ndi-Igbo” which is registered with the CAC, Abuja, remains intact. Anybody who tries to jettison the appellation without the consent of its members challenges the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/kidnapping-not-igbo-culture-ohazulike/
If bulk of nigeria's wealth comes from oil,how can south east be the major contributor to the economy ?
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by redsun(m): 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2010
The wealth of a nation does not come from the government but from the private sector and most easterners are naturally into business.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 14, 2010
redsun:

The wealth of a nation does not come from the government but from the private sector and most easterners are naturally into business.

Wow. . .so nigeria is spending the money from ibo private business ? Wtf
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by olafolarin(m): 8:46pm On Nov 14, 2010
redsun:

So?

What wealth does that create for the Nigerian nation?
South-South feeds the entire nation.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by redsun(m): 8:50pm On Nov 14, 2010
olafolarin:

So?

What wealth does that create for the Nigerian nation?
South-South feeds the entire nation.

South south does not feed the nation,the wealth generated there lines up corrupt nigerian politicians pocket,same is the tax generated from private sectors.The government of nigeria that is suppose to oversee the wealth of the nation,steals it
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by Onlytruth(m): 8:52pm On Nov 14, 2010
This Ohazulike guy should stop insulting Ndigbo.
Countless times, the Igbo council of chiefs and Ohanaeze Ndigbo have stated that there is NO EZE NDI IGBO IN DIASPORA. That is a scam perpetrated by few renegades and rogue elements trying to impose 'ezeship" on diaspora Igbo. Every Igbo in diaspora comes from a town in Igboland with an Eze.

Well Ndigbo say: Okpubere onwe ya okpu eze, o g'eji kwa aka ya kpupu ya" -he who puts a crown on himself solo will one day remove the crown himself.  cool

These are thieves trying to destabilize Igbo leadership, follower-ship and consensus building.  

Host communities have been warned about them in the past.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by redsun(m): 8:53pm On Nov 14, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Wow. . .so nigeria is spending the money from ibo private business ? Wtf

Not just igbo businesses but all the genuine businesses in nigeria that create jobs and pay their taxes of which statistically igbos are in high numbers,if i am not mistaking.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by Onlytruth(m): 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2010
And since when did Igbo kingship start being created by registration at the corporate affairs commission. I thought Igbo ezes are only established by community and culminating in assignment of ofo.
Nonsense! angry
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 14, 2010
redsun:

Not just igbo businesses but all the genuine businesses in nigeria that create jobs and pay their taxes
And you think bulk of what nigerian government feed on is taxes from small businesses ? Maybe until oil stopped from flowing,then you can tell me that but for now,bulk of nigeria wealth comes from oil,i mean crude oil not palm oil or vegetable oil ! You dey feel me ?
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by EzeUche0(m): 9:03pm On Nov 14, 2010
I do not recognize these people as Eze! angry angry angry

There is only one eze that I recognize and that is the Eze Aro.

Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by abagoro(m): 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2010
I thought Ohaneze has nullified this so-called Eze Ndigbo.I swear if any of them(so-called Ezes) encounters me personally I will brutalize him.

They have the guts to take Ohaneze to court.The same Ohaneze believes it can endorse candidates on behalf of the entire Igbo.
OHANEZE where is thy sting?
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by aljharem(m): 9:05pm On Nov 14, 2010
when oil finishes we will know if igbos are the ones running the economy or it is nigeria as a whole doing that

we shall know
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by redsun(m): 9:07pm On Nov 14, 2010
That is what we are saying,the oil money does not go to ordinary nigerians,it goes to the politicians,their cohorts and sometimes to public service workers.

The money generated from oil and taxes is suppose be used in creating and maintaining infrastructures to enable a conducive atmosphere for private sectors to thrive but reverse is the case in nigeria.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by Blazay(m): 9:08pm On Nov 14, 2010
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hvRyRMSky8eIXfX0NvtQ7Wg_YDlg?docId=CNG.a139ac67babdaeaf8132a7c11a22fb60.d91

"From the start of our operation on September 28, 2010 to date, a total of 449 suspected kidnappers were arrested in different locations in

[size=16pt]Abia,
Akwa Ibom,
Imo and
Rivers States, [/size]

" Lieutenant Colonel Sagir Musa said in Aba.

Osisikanu is from Abia State, the headquaters of kidnapping in Nigeria(where even innocent children are kidnapped in school buses).
Kidnapping may not be Igbo culture. But, with all the stories we have been reading, it may be fast-bcoming a culture since ritualism involves too much blood-shed.

When you think of Imo and Abia States epecially, what comes to your mind? Kidnappers of course.

Southern Aamajiris rule the south. Northern almajiris rule the North.
Almajiris are all over Nigeria.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 14, 2010
redsun:

That is what we are saying,the oil money does not go to ordinary nigerians,it goes to the politicians,their cohorts and sometimes to public service workers.

The money generated from oil and taxes is suppose be use in creating and maintaining infrastructures to enable a conducive atmosphere for private sectors to thrive but reverse is the case in nigeria.
Unfortunately,you try to underestimate the relevance of oil wealth.during the depression that affected the price of oil in international market,how come the taxes from small businesses did not make any impact on the economy while the oil saga lasted ?
The government provide all public and other essential services with oil wealth.hospital,education,infastructure,millions of public servants and many others are run at the expense of the government.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by EzeUche0(m): 9:23pm On Nov 14, 2010
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!

People are acting like the southwest is paradise. What about the armed robbery epidemic and the "do or die" politics that is practiced in that region? No where in Nigeria is safe.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 14, 2010
EzeUche0:

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!

People are acting like the southwest is paradise. What about the armed robbery epidemic and the "do or die" politics that is practiced in that region? No where in Nigeria is safe.
Does that negate the fact that your people feel safer in lagos and other western states ?
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by redsun(m): 9:40pm On Nov 14, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Unfortunately,you try to underestimate the relevance of oil wealth.during the depression that affected the price of oil in international market,how come the taxes from small businesses did not make any impact on the economy while the oil saga lasted ?
The government provide all public and other essential services with oil wealth.hospital,education,infastructure,millions of public servants and many others are run at the expense of the government.

It is so because the government of nigeria does not know what her priorities are.The main reason why politicians kill and destroy is to control that melting pot for them selves not for the benefit of the people.

And as far eyes can see and minds can contemplate,nigerian education,health services and infrastructures are in shamble,public servants go unpaid for months.So where does the money go?
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 14, 2010
Was kidnapping ever designated to a particular tribe/ ethnicity?
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by abagoro(m): 9:53pm On Nov 14, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Does that negate the fact that your people feel safer in lagos and other western states ?

Honestly.Do you believe there are more Igbos in the South West than North,SS or SE?
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by redsun(m): 9:58pm On Nov 14, 2010
Kidnapping is as a result of the rogue state of nigeria,just like piracy in somalia.Igbos could be prone to it because igbos from very young age relatively love to be financially independent in nigeria.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by EzeUche0(m): 10:02pm On Nov 14, 2010
~Bluetooth:

If you Nwa Afor Igbo, then you have nothing to worry about. My family and I reside in the East and we feel safe. Only cowards would run from their land.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by jason12345: 10:04pm On Nov 14, 2010
~Bluetooth:

my friends mother recently went to the east and she stayed there for a week. i think it getting reasonably safe.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Was kidnapping ever designated to a particular tribe/ ethnicity?
Not until it became a lucrative business for the Niger deltans that started the kidnapping of white men for ransome and transferred the legacy to ibo ?
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 14, 2010
abagoro:

Honestly.Do you believe there are more Igbos in the South West than North,SS or SE?
I think there are more ibo oustide ibo land and they are conspicously noticed in the south western states maybe due to the homely nature of yoruba unlike the aggressive north
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by jason12345: 10:10pm On Nov 14, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I think there are more ibo oustide ibo land and they are conspicously noticed in the south western states maybe due to the homely nature of yoruba unlike the aggressive north
shocked
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by Blazay(m): 10:11pm On Nov 14, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Not until it became a lucrative business for the Niger deltans that started the kidnapping of white men for ransome and transferred the legacy to ibo ?

H-e-l-l-o     M-o-t-t-o! grin

Somebody, please pick up the phone and redial this number for the real 4-1-1.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 14, 2010
EzeUche0:

If you Nwa Afor Igbo, then you have nothing to worry about. My family and I reside in the East and we feel safe. Only cowards would run from their land.
jason12345:

my friends mother recently went to the east and she stayed there for a week. i think it getting reasonably safe.
I think the trouble-makers are on break after the crackdown.let's see what happens later cuz this was exactly how peace returned to the ND after the amnesty stuff but look at what is happening again.MEND is building itself again even when they had almost what they demanded for.

(1) (2) (Reply)

U.s Report Indicts Atiku On $40 Million Money Laundering / Our Coup Was Not Tribalistic - Nzeogwu / Akwa Ibom Generates ₦14.5b Internal Revenue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.