Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,103 members, 7,842,185 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike (1939 Views)

Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo / Reminder: Sunday Oliseh Is NOT Igbo / video people in delta region and even in River state claim they are not Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by idupaul: 10:28pm On Nov 14, 2010
mr ohalike is so wrong to state that kidnappings and abductions are new to the south east. South east was the bed rock of abductions used to supply captives as slaves to european slave traders
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by abagoro(m): 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2010
idupaul:

mr ohalike is so wrong to state that kidnappings and abductions are new to the south east. South east was the bed rock of abductions used to supply captives as slaves to european slave traders

Is it only SE?
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by AndreUweh(m): 2:32am On Nov 15, 2010
An agreement has been reached between those diasporan ezes and Ohanaeze.
They accepted to be regarded as Ndi ndu Ndigbo or Onye ndu ndigbo.
Yet another victory by Uwaechue and Edozien/Ilomuanya.
That reporter is not well informed and is a disgrace to journalism.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by naijaking1: 2:38am On Nov 15, 2010
Andre
when was the last time you went to Onicha Uboma?
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by EzeUche0(m): 3:00am On Nov 15, 2010
We Igbos do not talk with one voice either anymore?

What happened?
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by AndreUweh(m): 3:11am On Nov 15, 2010
naijaking1:

Andre
when was the last time you went to Onicha Uboma?
Last easter period (April).
Shell is currently exploring the community for crude oil.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by asha80(m): 3:15am On Nov 15, 2010
Andre Uweh:

For wetin angry. abeg we no want another niger delta in that axis.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by naijaking1: 3:19am On Nov 15, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Oh  my God!
I had my class secondary education there at "community" when Mr. Okere, and then Mr. Ogu were principals.
I hope Shell don't find oil in that beautiful town or any town I know in Nigeria.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by chyz(m): 3:21am On Nov 15, 2010
naijaking1:

Oh  my God!
I had my class secondary education there at "community" when Mr. Okere, and then Mr. Ogu were principals.
I hope Shell don't find oil in that beautiful town or any town I know in Nigeria.

Ok so where is Onicha Uboma?
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by EzeUche0(m): 3:21am On Nov 15, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Too close for comfort!  angry angry angry angry
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by naijaking1: 3:31am On Nov 15, 2010
chyz:

A small townin Etiti division those days. The town straddles Mbano, Etiti, and if you find a canoe to cross the Imo, you'll be some where close to Uturu Okigwe.
I was a punny class one student in those days, before my parents moved me to Enugu.
Nostalgia grin
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by AndreUweh(m): 3:33am On Nov 15, 2010
chyz:

Onicha Uboma is an autonomous community in Ihitte/Uboma LGA, Etiti, Imo state.
The community is so rich in Agriculture-Palm oil plantations, rice farms, cassava, plantain and lots of fish pond.
It has one of the foremost mission secondary schools in Imo state. Community secondary school Onicha Uboma, Etiti, established in 1962. You can link Onicha Uboma from Owerri-Oninyi (Obowu)-Isinweke-Lowa road.
Also from Aba Branch-Oriagu-Onicha Uboma road.
Or Okigwe-Onicha Uboma road.
None of this roads are tarred.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by AndreUweh(m): 3:37am On Nov 15, 2010
Asha80 and I are from the same division that comprises of Onicha Uboma.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by chyz(m): 3:42am On Nov 15, 2010
Andre Uweh:

The community is so rich in Agriculture-Palm oil plantations, rice farms, cassava, plantain and lots of fish pond.
It has one of the foremost mission secondary schools in Imo state. Community secondary school Onicha Uboma, Etiti, established in 1962. You can link Onicha Uboma from Owerri-Oninyi (Obowu)-Isinweke-Lowa road.

U really know Igboland like the back of your hand.God Bless. Ok well this is definitely a no,no. Shell has been messing up Oguta. They even have militants there that are like mend.The news have been trying to keep it dormant so that other igbos wont be enticed. So lets not take this finding as just a Nl discussion, what should we do to prevent shell from screwing up this area? How do we kick them out of the exploration? I do plan to make some contacting.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by AndreUweh(m): 3:59am On Nov 15, 2010
If shell records a success in Onicha Uboma, it will create employment opportunities in that community. Now Onicha Uboma does not have a tarred road, I think that will change as the place is unpassable during the rainy season.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by chyz(m): 4:03am On Nov 15, 2010
Andre Uweh:

If shell records a success in Onicha Uboma, it will create employment opportunities in that community. Now Onicha Uboma does not have a tarred road, I think that will change as the place is unpassable during the rainy season.

Shell is well known around the world for environmental degradation.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by naijaking1: 4:11am On Nov 15, 2010
Andre Uweh:

You know what a difference repairing the Imo bridge damaged during the civil war would make to the lives of the people?
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by AndreUweh(m): 4:19am On Nov 15, 2010
The old Etiti LGA temporarily put wooden bridge at Onicha Uboma as well as Umuahia-Umuawuchi road bridge. Those bridges does not support heavy trucks.
If oil is discovered in that community, am sure it will bring changes to that community.
Re: Kidnapping, Not Igbo Culture – Ohazulike by buchionye2(m): 11:26am On Feb 14, 2012
yes it is not n igbo culture

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Future Of A Nigerian Child, What Does It Look Like? / Jimoh Ibrahim Set To Launch His 34-floor Hotel In Dubai Worth $500 Million / Evidences Governor Obi Deported 29 Beggars With Children To Ebonyi/ Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.