Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,343 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency (46888 Views)

FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall / How Is Life Generally In Igarra, Akoko-edo, Edo State. / Rivers, Bayelsa & Ondo Rank, For Paying Highest Motorcycle Fair In January – NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by SolarRen(m): 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2019
Angelfrost:

Read again... A bit slower this time.

Jokes on you! No matter the amount released from whatever dam flooding would most likely occur after heavy downpour. So read a bit fast so i wouldnt have to slow down so you could catch up.
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 04, 2019
9ja close border, Cameroon vex open dam
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by ZombieTERROR: 5:55pm On Nov 04, 2019
Write4me:
So we get this kind of agency sef...

What do they do?
Nothing
Just collecting salaries and running their private business

If you know someone in Abuja... They get you in
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by RolaDiva(f): 6:07pm On Nov 04, 2019
Was expecting to see Lagos State tho

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by elefind(m): 6:20pm On Nov 04, 2019
realstars:
The 4 States are river line area,
Why Lagos is exempted? The pics there is from Lagos flood.
the Cameroon dam will be Chanel through river Niger and Lagos and ogun state don't share part of river Niger.
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by IJEYdiamond(f): 6:20pm On Nov 04, 2019
Write4me:

To me this is the only agency that keep to their words... the rest na counterfeit undecided
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by Edyice: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Don't even own a smart phone. Can't remember d last time I whatsapped sef. I blame buhari

Seems am not the only one blaming lifeless .. anyway I will send you message one your email .just respond and I will take it from there wink grin
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by micodon(m): 6:28pm On Nov 04, 2019
ekaette1621:
THANK GOD MY STATE IS NOT AMONG.

OTHERS SHOULD ENJOY THEIR FLOOD

Extremely selfish and unintelligent of you. When something worse happens to you, you'd start craving the sympathy of others

2 Likes

Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
DameB:
How can Lagos state not be there

Because Lagos doesn't lie along River Niger .
Anyway what's River Niger when Lagos has the Atlantic ocean to deal with . sad
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by JennyJohnson(f): 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
realstars:

Don't mind them, incomplete alert.
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by Edyice: 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
I'm great

Have sent you message on your email wink
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by webngnews: 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by YurFatHer: 7:53pm On Nov 04, 2019
realstars:
when mentioning sinners, do you need mention devil?
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by CaptainFM1: 8:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
Write4me:

Yes we do. And there forecast has always been spot on. Federal and state government won't do anything.
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by GR8RHEIGHTS(m): 8:28pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ndibunna:
The Nigeria Hydrological Services Agency has alerted state government of possible flooding in Edo, Delta, Anambra, Rivers and Bayelsa States as a result of current flooding in Adamawa because of the release of water from the Lagdo dam in Cameroon.

Director General of the agency, Engr. Clement Oyeaso Eze told newsmen in Abuja on Monday that states along the bank of the River Niger should begin to identify higher ground to relocate villages along the river, adding that the current flood in Adamawa, Taraba and Benue will still find its way into the villages before emptying into the Atlantic Ocean.

He said the Cameroonian authorities only confirmed the release of water from the dam on the 1st of November, 2019 after series of enquiries by the agency.

According to him, “Nigeria signed an MOU with the Cameroonian government to inform us in advance when they want to open their dam so that we can prepare and evacuate our people. Unfortunately, they did not inform us and we noticed the unusual water level, we started asking questions and sending them videos. That is when they confirmed to us that they opened the Lagdo Dam on the 10th of October and closed it on the 31st of October.

That is what is responsible for the flooding in Adamawa, Taraba and Benue and this water is finding its way to Lokoja. This will be joined by the water released from Jebba and Kainji Sam’s and this must empty into the downstream states before emptying into the Atlantic Ocean.

“So, we are warning the states downstream Kogi such as Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa to be prepared. So, this is a flood alert.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/edo-delta-rivers-two-others-to-witness-more-flood-soon-agency/

Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2019
iddokings:

which state are u exactly?
Bayelsa State. Yenagoa LGA to be precise. embarassed
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by Icon79(m): 8:37pm On Nov 04, 2019
How could Lagos state be there? Does Lagos state has any boundaries with the River Benue or any River that sources water from Cameroun dam shocked shocked

O pari

DameB:
How can Lagos state not be there
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by Emyogalanya: 8:40pm On Nov 04, 2019
I think someone should tell mr Buhari to close our river/sea border so that this flood will not enter Nigeria or go out. So that we can also develop our local waters. for our use. And in case they open 100 illegal waterways to import flood we should send our marine commandoes
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by Icon79(m): 8:41pm On Nov 04, 2019
But why would the Nigerian govt even allow this nonsense to happen without holding Cameroun accountable? For instance, can Canada ever open their dam to release waters to flood the US states? How could a govt allow a foreign nation to cause economic and human catastrophe to her citizens

This is an act of war by Cameroun and the fact that the Nigeria govt doesn't react at all shows how clueless our govt really is. Nigeria is a definitely a useless and failed state shocked sad angry

O pari

Ndibunna:
The Nigeria Hydrological Services Agency has alerted state government of possible flooding in Edo, Delta, Anambra, Rivers and Bayelsa States as a result of current flooding in Adamawa because of the release of water from the Lagdo dam in Cameroon.

Director General of the agency, Engr. Clement Oyeaso Eze told newsmen in Abuja on Monday that states along the bank of the River Niger should begin to identify higher ground to relocate villages along the river, adding that the current flood in Adamawa, Taraba and Benue will still find its way into the villages before emptying into the Atlantic Ocean.

He said the Cameroonian authorities only confirmed the release of water from the dam on the 1st of November, 2019 after series of enquiries by the agency.

According to him, “Nigeria signed an MOU with the Cameroonian government to inform us in advance when they want to open their dam so that we can prepare and evacuate our people. Unfortunately, they did not inform us and we noticed the unusual water level, we started asking questions and sending them videos. That is when they confirmed to us that they opened the Lagdo Dam on the 10th of October and closed it on the 31st of October.

That is what is responsible for the flooding in Adamawa, Taraba and Benue and this water is finding its way to Lokoja. This will be joined by the water released from Jebba and Kainji Sam’s and this must empty into the downstream states before emptying into the Atlantic Ocean.

“So, we are warning the states downstream Kogi such as Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa to be prepared. So, this is a flood alert.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/edo-delta-rivers-two-others-to-witness-more-flood-soon-agency/

Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by Icon79(m): 8:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
Again, this has nothing to do with regular flooding. The flooding in question is a result of Cameroun releasing water from their dams to flood Nigerian communities.

Reading is fundamental angry sad shocked

O pari

RolaDiva:
Was expecting to see Lagos State tho
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by Slimsly100(f): 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2019
After rainy season don dey finish ABI
Eyin le mo
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by Slimsly100(f): 9:27pm On Nov 04, 2019
Sunnymatey:
How many Edo?

Two Edos!!!
grin grin
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by snipernigga(m): 9:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
Who told you we are approaching harmattan period, we are entering raining season from raining season. sad angry grin
Brandstudio01:
shocked
I'm Glad the News is come just when we are approaching the hammertan period. If not, the effect would've been hail. Another confirmation the God Love this country

Anyway, l will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by gennysq(f): 10:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
This same nonsense happened in 2012, states were affected.
Funds were released for a creation of Dams in Nigeria to take in this water. External countries and bodies gave Nigeria money to salvage the situation, lots of pple were displaced.
Yet in 2019.... Nothing has been done to mitigate this situation except asking pple to relocate to higher grounds.
What a country..... Greed everywhere
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by Justice500(m): 10:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
This simply means rain will continue falling till God knows when.. Meteorologist what are you saying..
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by bravo158: 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
dam released. is ok o.
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
For those of you saying "Thank God my state is not included",..
Hope you know these people did not even leave their office to confirm the path of the flood. They just got pictures from facebook and with their confused mind mentioned Edo twice..
If u stay along river, just shift..
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by itsene: 11:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
These should be the MAJOR rice producing states in the country, if our MUMU stops.
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by lukui: 1:18am On Nov 05, 2019
Before you blame the floods, blame the person that threw nylon inside the drainage, built his house on flood plain or riverbank,

Though flood is a disaster, but let ask ourselves WHAT MEASURES HAVE WE TAKEN TO PREVENT IT?
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by DameB(f): 2:48am On Nov 05, 2019
Icon79:
How could Lagos state be there? Does Lagos state has any boundaries with the River Benue or any River that sources water from Cameroun dam shocked shocked

O pari

Yes o, it has pari grin

Atlantic ocean that it's emptying into nko cheesy
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by galadima77(m): 4:17am On Nov 05, 2019
olayinka63:
Atiku!!! Can't you warn your people from Cameroon to comply with the rules? grin grin

Them dey vex for border closure...
Re: Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency by Nobody: 4:29am On Nov 05, 2019
Mutecgold92:
Who's this guy above me?
Una go kill pesin fot NL one day. U made me smile. Go beat dat guy for taking ur FTC!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Protest On Lagos-Ibadan Road As Truck Hits Stray Cows (Photos) / I Was Deported From Abroad. Urgent Advice Needed / How A Nigerian showed kindness to an Old woman in Canada's airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.