Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,042 members, 7,956,880 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:24 PM

Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension (11586 Views)

Who Is Out Of Reality In Terms Of Minimum Wage: FG Or Chatgpt ? With Snapshots / Benue Pensioners Protest Against Arrears, 'We Have Lost Our Wives To Okada Men' / Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 04, 2019
Interestingly, we are being ruled by pensioners who care about themselves only.
Re: Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension by mechanics(m): 3:07pm On Nov 04, 2019
They should also be factored into the minimum wage.
Re: Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension by gabicon: 3:17pm On Nov 04, 2019
We have a stability problem in Nigeria, as at when these pensioners were retiring their pension package was reasonable, when a country has double digits inflation for 5 consecutive years, it water downs the pension. Combine with that the government borrows people's pension contributions in the pretence of projects and most of the monies are embezzled and the government can't pay back, the pensioners don't get paid. The government is broke at the moment, I think we need to start considering one time pension plan
Re: Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2019
They should go on strike.
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension by Truthbites: 3:19pm On Nov 04, 2019
Only on Nigeria. They are suppose to be enjoying their pension.. but see the result. All cos they are unfortunate to live in shit hole
Re: Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension by uuzba(m): 3:24pm On Nov 04, 2019
windhunter:
I wonder how the aged ones who are not working and also not on a pension manage to survive.
Many of us browsing this site would never even get a pension. We'd have to keep working to earn money till we die.
Re: Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension by efighter: 3:29pm On Nov 04, 2019
Dozie32:
And stupid and useless EFCC are here looking a go ahead other to probe hushpoppy and others. While their idiots and thieves that they should go and probe. Idiots like our politicians ..i regret being a Nigerian.

Your BP is rising too high. Watch it before you slump and die. Only criminals like you support criminals like Huspuppy or what is that his silly name again? If you regret being a Nigerian, we too regret having you as our citizen. So, you can change citizenship to Ghana
Re: Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension by 2naira50kobo: 3:38pm On Nov 04, 2019
“All this by Flavor-Pairing?” I asked.

I met an old friend for lunch last month and I was super impressed with how good she looked.

She said, “It’s not so much about the Flavor-Pairing, but more about how it re-awakens what the Japanese call, ‘the weight loss doubling molecule’ which signals 22-hour a day fat-burning effect in the female body.”

Even though I was skeptical, I’ve been struggling with my weight over the last few years, so I gave it a shot and completed the same quiz she took.

Well, it’s only a couple weeks later and you know what they say about how “you can’t transform your body overnight”...

....They’re right, it actually takes 16 days.

Now it’s my girlfriends asking ME what I’M doing differently �

Tap The Directory Below to find out how this could help you too!

https://www.cinderellasolution.com/?hop=emmybro77

Re: Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension by 2naira50kobo: 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2019

Re: Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension by alaira(m): 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
[s]
YINKS89:
you never see the previous one collect you dey find increment
[/s] DON'T BE A PESSIMIST, THEY WILL BE LISTENED TO AND ADJUST THIERS AS APPROPRIATE.
THE LABOUR OF OUR HEROES PAST SHOULD NEVER BE IN VAIN!!!
Re: Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension by YINKS89(m): 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2019
alaira:
[s][/s] DON'T BE A PESSIMIST, THEY WILL BE LISTENED TO AND ADJUST THIERS AS APPROPRIATE.
be a realist here.. that of the labour union which was adjusted have they started paying it.... Truth is we have a lot of problem in this country and the earlier we treat it from the root cause that better if not alot of things would never work
Re: Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension by zynzyn(m): 6:07pm On Nov 04, 2019
A country where pensioners must present themselves as second third class citizens, begging for every right as if a privilege! embarassed angry
Re: Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension by Legendguru: 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
Oh
Re: Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension by windhunter(m): 7:20pm On Nov 04, 2019
uuzba:

Many of us browsing this site would never even get a pension. We'd have to keep working to earn money till we die.

May God help us.
Re: Nigerian Pensioners Protest, Demand Review Of Minimum Pension by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 05, 2019
alaira:
[s][/s] DON'T BE A PESSIMIST, THEY WILL BE LISTENED TO AND ADJUST THIERS AS APPROPRIATE.

My number 1 worry here is that at this rate, the country would go bankrupt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years / Fani-Kayode: Peter Obi Taking Votes From PDP In The South-East / Upstream Commission Transfers Over 200 Staff To Lagos After CBN/FAAN Relocations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.