Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,340 members, 7,857,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 02:20 PM

Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November (1802 Views)

Barcelona Vs AC Milan : UCL (4 - 0) On 12th March 2013 / UCL: Barcelona Vs AC Milan (3 - 1) On April 3rd 2012 / Chelsea Vs Fc Internazionale [0 - 1] [Agg: 1 - 3] On Tuesday 16th March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by chelseabmw(m): 10:24pm On Nov 14, 2010
[b] LIVE on ESPN on Sunday at 1945 GMT

Inter and Milan lock horns in the Derby della Madonnina at San Siro this weekend. Both sides have made solid starts to the campaign, currently sitting in fourth and first place respectively. Having won the past three Milan derbies though, Inter will consider themselves as having a good chance of toppling the Serie A leaders in their 175th league meeting, despite possessing a number of injuries to key players. Their opponents and 'visitors' in this clash have won five of their past six league fixtures however, and will be full of confidence in order to exact revenge this weekend.

Despite sitting fourth at present, Inter have looked a shadow of the side that won the Treble last season. They may only have suffered the one defeat thus far, but the Nerazzurri have drawn three of their five home fixtures, which is very uncharacteristic of them. A win this weekend will see them draw level on points with their fierce rivals and possibly climb to the pinnacle of the table, should Lazio draw at home to Napoli.

Milan meanwhile are one of the in-form sides in Serie A, and proved this with yet another commanding display at home to Palermo in midweek. The Rossoneri scored three against a talented Sicilian line-up to go top of the table. They will be keen to maintain their place atop of the standings with victory this weekend, adding further significance to this fixture. With the second best attack, statistically, coming up against the best defence in the league, it definitely could go either way.

Both sides have injury concerns heading into the match though, particularly the hosts, who recently had star defender Walter Samuel ruled out for up to eight months with a ruptured cruciate ligament injury. He is joined on the sidelines by Maicon, who suffered an injury in the same game at Brescia, as well as Wesley Sneijder, Sulley Muntari, Thiago Motta, Esteban Cambiasso and No. 1 goalkeeper Julio Cesar. Milan will be without Daniele Bonera and Massimo Oddo, whilst Robinho has been tipped to get the nod in behind Pato and Ibrahimovic up front.

Inter player to watch: Samuel Eto'o. The Cameroon striker has been one of the only shining lights, in what has been a fairly uninspiring season for Inter thus far. He will need to reproduce his top form of late, having scored eight goals in 11 league games, if the Nerazzurri are to stand any chance of winning this weekend. He will make life constantly difficult for the opposing back four, and will get on the scoresheet if given half a chance.

Milan player to watch: Pato. The Brazilian starlet scored the decisive goal at Bari last weekend and continued his consistent form with another solid display against Palermo in midweek, scoring the opener. He continues to grow with every match he plays and alongside Ibrahimovic on Sunday, expect him to potentially run rings around a makeshift Inter back four.

Key Battle: Diego Milito v Alessandro Nesta. Goals may be hard to come by due to the strength of the respective defences, however, with such a talented bunch of attackers taking to the field, it would be a surprise if there weren't a few. Milito is not in the same position as he was under Jose Mourinho, but should find himself involved at some stage and can have an impact on a game whenever he is asked. Nesta has more than enough experience and resilience to take care of the UEFA Club Footballer of the Year and, if he does, one would expect that the Rossoneri will secure their first derby triumph since 2008.

Stats: In their previous 174 Serie A meetings, Inter have won 64 times, whilst Milan have recorded 58 victories, with 52 ending all square.

Odds: Inter (2.62), the draw (3.20) and Milan (2.70) are on offer with Bet365. You can get odds of (10.00) for Milan to win the match by a 2-1 scoreline.

Prediction: One of the most crucial Milan derbies in recent times is certain to be a tightly contested battle. Whilst both sides possess extremely attacking line-ups on paper, the key players missing for Inter will have a major impact, with Milan running out narrow winners.[/b]
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by chelseabmw(m): 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2010
73 min:Seedorf is replaced by Kevin-Prince Boateng.
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by chelseabmw(m): 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2010
Ac milan leading by 1:0
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by chelseabmw(m): 10:32pm On Nov 14, 2010
Abate gets another yellow and Milan will play the last half an hour with ten men. It was a needless shoving match and he is punished for his stupidity.
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by chelseabmw(m): 10:34pm On Nov 14, 2010
Ibra picks himself up to slot the penalty and score against his former club. What a start for Milan!
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by chic2pimp(m): 10:37pm On Nov 14, 2010
^^^^Dude,  Are You Watching Your T.V In Reverse Motion? The Goal was scored in the 5th minute while the Sending Off was in the 60th minute. As I type there are currently 2 minute of Normal time left to play.

5 Minutes Left. Come On Boys, Just Hold On.
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by chic2pimp(m): 10:45pm On Nov 14, 2010
FULL TIME!!!.

Milan Garner all 3 Points. Well Done lads.
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by chelseabmw(m): 10:47pm On Nov 14, 2010
Can u be reasonable.Can't u see i just created the thread.My first post started with 73rd minute.So next time read well before u comment.
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by chelseabmw(m): 11:26pm On Nov 14, 2010
Match ended in favour of Ac Milan
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by sage(m): 1:11am On Nov 15, 2010
Forza Milan. Tops for life. Where Hustler and all my Milan pips dey?
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by fstranger: 1:20am On Nov 15, 2010
Welcome back home to Espana, Rafa!
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by chelseabmw(m): 1:47am On Nov 15, 2010
What a day
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by AjanleKoko: 9:00am On Nov 15, 2010
Na wa o.
Rafa don carry im bad luck jam this team. After winning 5 Scudettos, the guy wants to send them back to the also-ran club angry
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by otokx(m): 9:13am On Nov 15, 2010
Its like RAFA surely has bad luck but lets not conclude yet.
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by Pelumiv(m): 10:38am On Nov 15, 2010
up ac milan milan 4 eva.
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by kobikwelu(m): 10:46am On Nov 15, 2010
anything this rafa touches ends up in mess

thats how he ran liverpool to the ground with his eccentric style that would take 3 seasons to get liverpool back to track

internazionale is off the fourth spot
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by consultmartins(m): 11:29am On Nov 15, 2010
Ac Milan 4 life. No retreat, no surrender.
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by medjai(m): 11:40am On Nov 15, 2010
I dont think everything happening to Inter is Rafa's fault. I think everything would still be the same even if Mourinho were in charge. 5 scudettos, 1 champions league, Copa Italia and the Italian super cup, the hunger is no more there
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by Pelumiv(m): 11:42am On Nov 15, 2010
AC Milan still on d matter.
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by yousouph(m): 12:34pm On Nov 15, 2010
Rafa, what have you turn Inter to
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by MrTA(m): 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2010
medjai:

I dont think everything happening to Inter is Rafa's fault. I think everything would still be the same even if Mourinho were in charge. 5 scudettos, 1 champions league, Copa Italia and the Italian super cup, the hunger is no more there

This would NEVER happen with Jose in charge. NEVER. Rafa is just a mess.

Jose would get rid of the deadwood or inject the required hunger into them. I dont think you understand how Jose motivates his players to play for him.
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by comechop(m): 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2010
What a boring match. Italian football is the worst! Imagine, 2nd half, and a corner kick, only Ibra and ambrossini were playing upfront!

And really, when would you guys agree that rafa just may be the problem? Liverpool, now Inter - 2 championship teams.

Next up - MANURE! grin
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by IGBOboyy(m): 3:43pm On Nov 15, 2010
Milito is a jealous racist and brings division and ill luck to the team!
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by ICHINONYE(m): 3:56pm On Nov 15, 2010
am proudly milano, am either in AC MILAN or INTER MILAN, i just feel the problem with inter now is rafa their coach he lack coachng xperience, his style of coaching cant b predicted, that waz wat plunge liverpool to its state now, today u win 2moro ure not sure, i tink inter need its 4mer coach back who is wit man city, that way the bad luck go stop.
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by IGBOboyy(m): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2010
Honestly I am happy for AC too. I am a Barca Fan but I love AC and Inter, but i just feel Milito and Rafa has to go!
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by holydante(m): 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2010
Its just an amazing scary kind of scenario when a coach does wonders with a set of players and another pops in and just cant get things going, one wonders if its these set of payers that mourinho won the treble with? With Rafa, they now suddenly look vulnerable.

Good for Milan though
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by vislabraye(m): 4:45pm On Nov 15, 2010
I was expecting more from Rafa, but the way inter has been loosing shows that Mo is a better coach. I have always defended Rafa, and thought he had lots of depth. But I'm beginning to think twice. May be it's too early to say
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by nastydamus(m): 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2010
@ vislabraye: abeg don't ever say that kinda stuff in public, i.e that Rafa's beta than Mo. Ha !
Contemporary football is a results business and trust me, Mo's results greatly overshadow Rafa's.
Reminds me of Carletto yesterday at S.Bridge - he looked totally clueless, like he was searching the sidelines for R.Wilkins.
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by mimon79(m): 7:29pm On Nov 15, 2010
FROZA MILAN! I am truly pleased with the Rossenero,forever proud to be red and black. cool
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by FBS: 8:50am On Nov 18, 2010
nastydamus:

@ vislabraye: abeg don't ever say that kinda stuff in public, i.e that Rafa's beta than Mo. Ha !
Contemporary football is a results business and trust me, Mo's results greatly overshadow Rafa's.
Reminds me of Carletto yesterday at S.Bridge - he looked totally clueless, like he was searching the sidelines for R.Wilkins.
Now that's funny. LOL! cheesy
Re: Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November by hustler(m): 8:17pm On Nov 18, 2010
comechop:

What a boring match. Italian football is the worst! Imagine, 2nd half, and a corner kick, only Ibra and ambrossini were playing upfront!

And really, when would you guys agree that rafa just may be the problem? Liverpool, now Inter - 2 championship teams.

Next up - MANURE! grin

Oga u can always switch off ur tv instead of doing "follow follow" who beg u make u watch match, FORZA MILANOOOOOOOO

7 UCL Titles

(1) (Reply)

If Ronaldinho Were To Come Visiting You, What Will You Wear / This Is How I Make Money Betting On Football Matches,join Me Now 4 Free / Barcelona's Andres Iniesta Wins The 2012 UEFA Best Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.