Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

A Woman And Her UK Experience. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Woman And Her UK Experience. (470 Views)

The Old Woman And The Canopy / I Read In The Bathroom - Dami Ajayi, Author Of A Woman's Body Is A Country / Recite This Poem To Your Woman And She Would Love You More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Woman And Her UK Experience. by olaitandrake89(m): 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2019
We sat together.

Back against the wall.

The CEO of the shop was beside me

He was eaten

At the same time discussing.

When that woman entered,

Attired in Yoruba outfit.

Iro and buba Vogue.

Holding a black bag with his right hand.

She greeted us all warmly

And Humbly.

we all responded.

"Welcome" in unison.

Including the CEO,

Though his head was bowed down.

The woman stood still,

Staring smilingly at him.

As he was busy battling the food with rapt attention.

She didn't say anything,

I sat comfortably thinking

Perhaps She wanted to buy what they are selling.

But reverse was the case when CEO raised his head up.

And his eyes met with her's that has been busy staring at him for some minutes.

He winked his eyes,

Perhaps his sight was not cleared enough,

He rubbed it with his fleshy palm.

And looked at her again.

The woman said jocularly.

" When you finish your drama, make sure you let me know"

Having heard her voice.

CEO vociferated.

In a raw excitement.

"My sister!"

We are all astonished and marveled.

They exchanged familiarity.

CEO then asked,

Humorless.

"I thought you are in UK, what has happened and what are you doing here Nigeria?"

And she replied.

"Huh, I left when I can't cope any longer"

"Why? and your son allowed you. Huh, you just beautifully wasted the money, I don't think you spent two months over there"

"See him, as he is fuming in anger, I bet you cannot live and complete a month over there, shebi it's you TUNDE, you will run back to Nigeria"

She replied jokingly.

pouted her mouth.

And then continued.

"I'm the only person at home, they will closed the door when they are going to work in morning, i sleep to the extent that my eyes could not afford sleeping anymore, that's when i knew sleeping ocean can also become dry"

"Leaving only me at home like a cage dog"

He snapped at her.

"Huh, Don't you know that you have worked from dawn to dusk, this is time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. See how you ran away."

She replied.

gravely.

" See whatever they want to give me, let them bring it here in Nigeria. Oh I didn't tell you: when I'm going I took yam flower, ogi and vegetables with me, that's what I ate for sometimes before it finished because I had known i would not cope with their foods like worms."

She continued.

More seriously.

"The first day I cooked vegetables soup for them, combination of bitterleaf and egusi, they all finished off their soup and graduate to plate licking. Though the atmospheric condition/ whether over there is fantastic, so great, also things are not expensive but not Nigeria things oooo. Nigeria things are expensive TUNDE"

She called that TUNDE emphatically.

"And ultimate of all was the day they took me to an hospital for absolute check up, when they finished the check up, what I saw on the results paper given to me was that my sugar level is high"

"Tunde I was shocked and bewildered, what I didn't experience all my years here in Nigeria. Let's not lie, three days after the scenerio I packed my bag and told them I'm going back to Nigeria, I cannot come and kill my self"

All of us burst out laughing.

And then he retorted.

Softly.

Like interaction between two lovers.

"Hmmmm, ok i have heard you aunty, but what you did is not good, I must tell and I don't think my brother would be happy for that"

"Alright, he also understand I ran for my life"

She then took out her phone,

It was faulty.

And she stood to have it back

Instantly.

When her brother saw it.

He told her she will have to drop it.

She Mumbled.

" That means I will not be able to attend to my calls"

He answered.

" That's the way out sister.

She agreed.

She bade us warm farewell.

And then

He see her off to where she packed

Her car.

Ogbomoso.

Minkail olaitan.
November 4, 2019.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Woman And Her UK Experience. by budaatum: 5:07pm On Nov 04, 2019
Abini2012:
I am on a Tier 4 Dependant visa and will be in the UK for about 6 months, so I decided to document my journey aka adventure cheesy. Am not much of a talker, all typos are deeply regretted grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Woman And Her UK Experience. by olaitandrake89(m): 6:20pm On Nov 04, 2019
Really...... that's simply testify to the woman experience. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Please Give A Short Love Story For A Music Video. / I Need Your Helps On How To Be A Writer / Article Writers Needed For Writing Gigs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.