Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

My Two New Page Turning Novellas - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Two New Page Turning Novellas (325 Views)

Turning Point / A Poets Letter To A Kid Sis Turning 18 / The Anxiety Of Turning 30! Is It Just Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Two New Page Turning Novellas by Tobechukwu2000: 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2019
Are you looking for a story that is both fast-paced and detailed enough to pique your interest? A story filled with mystery with a touch of romance and a lot of action. A story that you can read and not stop till you're done? You have come to the right place

STORY 1: The Stone Academy

https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_stone_academy/29753

Summary: The Stone Academy is a safe haven for those humans that were born with angel grace in them. They have been for years training intergalactic demon hunters however they are filled with traitors. Daniel finds himself in the Academy against his will and has to train to become a demon hunter, he, however, faces many things in his new life. Love, betrayal, politics, internal rife and war with not just the demons but the humans for the very survival of the demon hunters. The Stone Academy is a school filled with hidden secrets, traitors, mysteries, violence and death.

Tease: The boy was powerful he would give him that but that did not mean that he was going to give up on his plan. He was already in the academy thanks to the hunter his demonic scent had been covered up well. All he had to do now was to put an end to the boy’s miserable life.
The demon stalked through the academy’s grounds that night hiding behind tapestries if he heard the slightest sound of an approaching Stone Guard. He continued his journey until he got to the place where all new intakes slept.
He began to check through every room using his ability to see through walls to his advantage. He went on until he came close to a particular room and when he was about to approach it, he saw it open and out a girl that radiated power, the power identical to that of the demon king’s she had angel grace in her and not just any angel grace, archangel grace. She had the grace on Lucifer.
“I know you are their worm, come on out” He heard the girl say as she faced holding a knife in her hand.
“I had no intention of hiding mistress”
“I am not your mistress. I know that I have Lucifer’s grace in me, and that is why you began your move when you thought you had an insider as powerful as I”
“Are you not going to help your father?”
“Why should I? My father is going to kill Daniel the first chance he gets; I will not betray Daniel for anyone, not even my father”
“You love him”
“With everything I have, demon, and I believe he might not love me the way he does now once word goes out that I have Lucifer’s grace in me”
“Then he doesn’t love you”
“Oh but he does love me, just not my father, and neither do I”
Zelda said and then lunged at the demon and with a speed, only Daniel could hope to rival, she decapitated the demon in one slash. Zelda looked at her clothe and saw that she was drenched in demon blood so she decided to clean up before she returned to her room, however she needed to take care of the demon’s body.
Zelda then began the tiring process of carrying the demon’s body to a cliff and then lit a fire in her palms and sent it towards the corpse. The fire consumed the body in seconds and then she gathered the ashes and threw it over the cliff. Daniel was safe once more; no one was going to take him away from her not while she lived.
Zelda then turned away from the cliff and went to the fountain to wash, herself and her clothes. In the water, her reflection showed and before her, was a very beautiful girl and those who had seen her father would know for sure that she was his exact replica, an abomination, a Nephilim. When she got to her room, she picked a syringe and injected it into herself and that act reduced her powerful aura.
No one must know anything about whom she really was or her mission in the Academy; in the meantime, she would continue what she had always been doing, killing the demons that dared to attack her Daniel.

STORY 2: The Revenge Of One Man

https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_revenge_of_one_man/28715

Summary: The Revenge of One Man is about a boy who lost his parents to the corruption of the country. His father was a journalist who always endeavoured to make the governors of the country do their job. His father then, unfortunately, levelled an accusation against the governor of Lagos State about his laissez-faire attitude towards his people's plight, which then caused the spiral of events that made him die. Soon after the death of his father, his mother took it upon herself to get justice for her husband in a nation wracked in corruption. His mother went to court and accused the governor of the crime of murder, however, her case fell short of success as the governor and his team of corrupt officers, closed the case and had her murdered. Frederick was at that time only 16 years of age and so he took down the names of all those involved in the death of his parents, and those who stood aside or in the way of the justice that was to be accorded to his father and swore vengeance. He then began his journey by first joining the army so as to get military knowledge of the use of dangerous weapons and at the age of 23, he left the army a dangerous foe to contend with. From then on he began to reign terror into the hearts of those in the nation, by killing prominent men and not getting caught during or after the act.

Tease:
The next day, Martin and other police officers were brainstorming as to how they could catch the killer.
“What if we use his girlfriend,” Nonso said
“Who is she?” Martin asked.
“I do not know”
“Hmm, how do we get to know his girlfriend?” One of them asked
Martin the relaxed into his chair and had an idea. He then stood up and left the office. He then got to his car and drove the hotel where the killer was last seen.
“Did any girl come into this hotel with the killer?”
“Yes, a fair beautiful girl”
“Do you know her name?”
“I heard him call her Bella.”
“Okay, you will follow me to an artist on Monday”
Martin then drove to Charles’ home. He was happy to see Charles relaxing in the living room watching some movies.
“Hey partner”
“Oh hey, Martin. How are you?”
“I am good. I just got a clue as to how to find our killer. A receptionist in the last hotel that we saw Frederick in said that she saw his girlfriend with him one certain time.”
“So you will see the receptionist and take her to the artist so that the girlfriend’s face could be seen?”
“Exactly, then we will get the girlfriend and use her to find her boyfriend, Frederick”

If you read this to the end, CONGRATULATIONS.
Hope you enjoy one of the stories,

(1) (Reply)

Experience REGENCY Historical Romance Writer Needed / Dragonard Series By Rupert Gilchrist / Get 2 Odds For 1k. Kick Off 18:00

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.