Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,048 members, 7,953,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:44 AM

Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award (23537 Views)

Odion Ighalo Usurps Zlatan Ibrahimovic To Equal 95-year Man Utd Record / Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years / Giannis Antetokounmpo Wins 2019 NBA MVP Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by Freeman59: 1:45am On Nov 05, 2019
The proud guy would be humbled now
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by gnykelly(m): 2:08am On Nov 05, 2019
Unik3030:
that zlatan guy is way too overrated.... if he's that good like people claim, y is he not in d league of messi n ronaldo?

He is not overrated... He outgunned the duo luck just seems not to be on his side coupled with his big mouth... I don't think the duos can't perform well at this man's age
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by Fatsitting: 2:52am On Nov 05, 2019
He didn't blow his own trumpet.
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:23am On Nov 05, 2019
amjustme2:
Remember how Arsenal Treated This Guy like Trash , He was among my Fav Youngsters at Highbury those years.

Arsenal almost killed his career.
It's normal. He did not impress the coach. He was signed because he helped Mexico win the under 17 and was top scorer in that tournament. Iheanacho that couldn't impress in man city and currently struggled in Leciester might eventually be like him
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by Goldicon2(m): 3:48am On Nov 05, 2019
jejely waiting for BABA zlatan next tweet
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by prevailer247(f): 5:06am On Nov 05, 2019
Unik3030:
that zlatan guy is way too overrated.... if he's that good like people claim, y is he not in d league of messi n ronaldo?
Who said he's not in their league... are you ok? How many records did he break? How many accolades to his name?
Take your time. angry
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by ferrariLaferrari: 6:12am On Nov 05, 2019
Unik3030:

Lmao how old is he and how hold is zlatan?
When zlatan was his age mate was he in MLS?
MLS is a semi retirement for zlatan
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by smartoliver(m): 7:10am On Nov 05, 2019
Zlatan is overrated? shocked. Where did this come from?
Unik3030:
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by azeembaba: 7:24am On Nov 05, 2019
congrats to vela I prefer him to win the award of that zlatan he is too bad_mouthed
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by Blazebond(m): 7:30am On Nov 05, 2019
Carlos vela ran to the MLS at 28 years of age to play competitive football,that dude had a lot of promise but failed spectacularly, he should be around 30 or so now,look at chicarito still hustling in Europe at his age (31 or 32),carlos vela should never ever be compared with ibra at all.
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by arukwe123(m): 7:49am On Nov 05, 2019
Unik3030:
so what will u say about cr700 or messi? too much hype na him dey worry u
how is he hyped. so because messi and Ronaldo are better than him, he should not be hailed. go don't mention me again. I respect your opinion, it's best you also respect millions of fans opinions too.
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by spirul77: 8:14am On Nov 05, 2019
[quote author=Unik3030 post=83747552]

just say you hate his character, Ibra issa beast, the only player along cr7 to have scored in every minute of the game from 1 min to 90 mins, he scores more stunning goals than cr7 and Messi,has over 540 senior career goals,baba check his records Abeg, seems you don't watch football that much, just type "Zlatan ibrahimovic" on Google and see for yourself my g
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by krize(m): 10:09am On Nov 05, 2019
I really hope you know that the Zlatan that is being talked about is 38years...and if you watched him in recently,
you'd know he's quite a revelation. How many players are in the league of Messi and Ronaldo?

Unik3030:
those players u mentioned are appreciated in their own ways but I dislike the way people overate this zlatan guy n we all saw what he did at his peak, if zlatan was that good as portrayed he will b in d league of messi n ronaldo
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by silverlinen(m): 10:42am On Nov 05, 2019
Buh ibra will not allow the world to rest assuming he won it.Be comparing himself with legends and start snitching on messi and cr7
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by Lsofdk(m): 10:51am On Nov 05, 2019
Unik3030:
hes just a normal player like the ones we have around, what I dislike about d guy is d unnecessary hype as if it's more than what he has to offer. I have watched his game a couple of times he's just dere
I feel you're being sentimental about this. There's no hype around Zlatan, he's just good,you may have a problem with his ego and pride, but it doesn't change the fact that he's a great footballer. If you don't know, do your research
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by franklinotuwa: 11:43am On Nov 05, 2019
With all the mouth his old fellow counterpart made he scooped d award away from him, such a genius VeLa
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by ThierryJay: 3:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
tosyne2much:
Bro, Ibrahimovic is not an overrated player. I consider him to be in the same class with Ronaldo and Messi

He's over 36 years yet he's still a hot player in MLS.. What you should be saying is that Ibrahimovic is not a lucky player

Same class bawo? How can? I understand the guy u are quoting's point of view. The truth is that part of Ibra's legendary persona has a bit of hype in it. People find his personality fascinating or inspiring and like to overblow his footballing achievements.

I also like Ibra, but he is no way near Messi and CR7's level. His Achilles heel is that he doesn't show up in most big games. He hasn't won any player of the tournament or league in the competitions that matter most, UCL, LA Liga, EPL. No UCL trophy. That's why players like Raul, Henry, Kaka, Shevy, even Samuel Eto'o are considered greater legends than he is.

He scores spectacular goals, probably more than any other player ever, but at what level?

1 Like

Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by tosyne2much(m): 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2019
ThierryJay:

Same class bawo? How can? I understand the guy u are quoting's point of view. The truth is that part of Ibra's legendary persona has a bit of hype in it. People find his personality fascinating or inspiring and like to overblow his footballing achievements.

I also like Ibra, but he is no way near Messi and CR7's level. His Achilles heel is that he doesn't show up in most big games. He hasn't won any player of the tournament or league in the competitions that matter most, UCL, LA Liga, EPL. No UCL trophy. That's why players like Raul, Henry, Kaka, Shevy, even Samuel Eto'o are considered greater legends than he is.

He scores spectacular goals, probably more than any other player ever, but at what level?
We are saying almost the same thing.. Ibrahimovic is a very good player just that he's not lucky with trophies and the was one of the reasons why he was fond of moving from one club to the other. Ibrahimovic has played for almost all the top clubs Europe and the highest he has ever stayed in a club is 4 years and that was with PSG.. Ibrahimovic barely stays in a club for more than two seasons

His quest for UCL was one of the reasons why he was always jumping from one club to the other. The Season he left Barcelona was the season Barcelona won UCL grin

Trophy Wise, Ibrahimovic is not lucky but he's surely a very good player
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by tosyne2much(m): 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
franklinotuwa:
With all the mouth his old fellow counterpart made he scooped d award away from him, such a genius VeLa
Bro, how can you compare a 29 year old Carlos Vela with Ibrahimovic? Or have you forgotten Ibrahimovic is 38 years?
Re: Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award by Jarus(m): 9:16am On Nov 23, 2019
arukwe123:
go check his stats and see why he is being praised. a player with over 300 career goals overrated. you just dislike him because he is arrogant.

Over 500 actually.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sunshine Stars Football Club Players Held Hostage By Fans After Football (pics) / Victor Moses: Spartak Moscow Sign Chelsea Wing-back On Permanent Deal / Drogba, 5 others join Rooney & Vieira as 2022 PL Hall of Fame inductees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.