Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,636 members, 7,958,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:31 AM

Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) (38719 Views)

Ibadon Forest Of Horror: The Forest With Over 50 Human Skulls. / Police Rescue Snitch Who Caused The Murder Of A Lady In Lagos / Police Rescue Man From Jumping Into Lagoon On Third Mainland Bridge. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by Endevil: 2:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
Wow

Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 05, 2019
seunlayi:

I m confused too even some churches are into this practice which has going on for long. Look at this that just happened, they said they were informed of that location, if you know that place, it is just around 100 meters to ojoo police station and about 200meters to another police station housing the divisional hq. Also, it is just beside the ojoo end of the lagos ibadan expressway. The police can't continue to pretend that they don't know of this, you see them bringing people out for punishments, flogging them, prayers, etc daily just beside the road adjacent to them. Now that they feel it is time to arrest, they went there causing commotion, picking up anybody, etc. I expected them to be more civilised in checking this long time practice which I don't support.

I think that is the place.

It is mark with red
Police station in blue
Police div in green

Do you know what 100 meters is? That's the length of one compound o.. A standard plot of land in Nigeria is 50m x 100m .
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by FuckTheMod: 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
GistNet:
Personnel of the Oyo State Police Command, on Monday, stormed an illegal detention centre at a mosque in the Ojoo area of Ibadan, and
rescued 259 persons being held hostage there.

The victims were made up of 19 males, 34 females, 11 children, and 23 sick persons.

It was gathered that the victims had been in chains for between two and 10 years.

The police arrested nine suspects during the raid, including the owner of the centre.

PUNCH Metro findings showed that many such centres had been in existence in the city for several years, with clerics using them as corrective homes for recalcitrant persons.

The state Commissioner of Police, Shina Olukolu, who led the police team to the centre, said a 17-year-old escapee from a holding facility in another part of Ibadan hinted the command about the existence of the centre.

The commissioner stated that the escapee mentioned the Oloore mosque in Ojoo as another facility used for holding the victims against their will.

According to him, on arrival at the mosque, the victims recounted their harrowing experience, stating that some of them had been held hostage for up to 10 years.

Olukolu said, “The young man said the victims were being maltreated and were poorly fed; being treated like slaves and engaged in forced labour; and oftentimes, their deaths were not reported to anybody.

“On the basis of that information, the police decided to check out the centre. By the time we got to Owode, Apata, the facility had been evacuated. But from the surroundings, we knew that there were people in that place earlier than the time we arrived.

“However, the young man informed the police that there was another detention facility and that is where we are now at Oloore, Ojoo area of Ibadan.

“Actually, when the police got here, we discovered that young men and women were being kept in captivity in a dungeon-like situation. As a matter of fact, man’s inhumanity to man is being manifested in this environment. We are not happy about the situation.

“So, we got across to the state government and the state government officials are around. They are here with a view to ensuring that some of these young people, who are kept against their will, are liberated and allowed to be in a position where they can talk and take care of themselves.

“Definitely, this area will be secured and the police will be able to do further investigation.

Anyone, who is found culpable, will definitely be arrested, investigated and prosecuted diligently to serve as a warning to others, who may want to operate such houses that serve as illegal detention centres.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/police-rescue-259-from-ibadan-house-of-horror/amp/
If not for dumbness, how does those figures add up??

1 Like

Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by yaki84: 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
hhmm hhmm oga poster...let me ask a simple question here:

how did you come up with the number of 259 rescued people since you wrote below that...

U.no see 9 i see 2 na only 5 i no see, but if u ads 4 n1 na 5
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by skkslar: 2:56pm On Nov 05, 2019
GistNet:
[color=#990000][/color]259

The victims were made up of 19 males, 34 females, 11 children, and 23 sick persons

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/police-rescue-259-from-ibadan-house-of-horror/amp/
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by oyesmiling: 2:58pm On Nov 05, 2019
Now that it is Islamic center, it deserves to be tagged 'House of horror'. Yesterday it was 'Rehab centre' because Christian was involved. Hypocrisy defined.

However no sane human would ever support this criminality.
GistNet:
Personnel of the Oyo State Police Command, on Monday, stormed an illegal detention centre at a mosque in the Ojoo area of Ibadan, and rescued 259 persons being held hostage there.

The victims were made up of 19 males, 34 females, 11 children, and 23 sick persons.

It was gathered that the victims had been in chains for between two and 10 years.

The police arrested nine suspects during the raid, including the owner of the centre.

PUNCH Metro findings showed that many such centres had been in existence in the city for several years, with clerics using them as corrective homes for recalcitrant persons.

The state Commissioner of Police, Shina Olukolu, who led the police team to the centre, said a 17-year-old escapee from a holding facility in another part of Ibadan hinted the command about the existence of the centre.

The commissioner stated that the escapee mentioned the Oloore mosque in Ojoo as another facility used for holding the victims against their will.

According to him, on arrival at the mosque, the victims recounted their harrowing experience, stating that some of them had been held hostage for up to 10 years.

Olukolu said, “The young man said the victims were being maltreated and were poorly fed; being treated like slaves and engaged in forced labour; and oftentimes, their deaths were not reported to anybody.

“On the basis of that information, the police decided to check out the centre. By the time we got to Owode, Apata, the facility had been evacuated. But from the surroundings, we knew that there were people in that place earlier than the time we arrived.

“However, the young man informed the police that there was another detention facility and that is where we are now at Oloore, Ojoo area of Ibadan.

“Actually, when the police got here, we discovered that young men and women were being kept in captivity in a dungeon-like situation. As a matter of fact, man’s inhumanity to man is being manifested in this environment. We are not happy about the situation.

“So, we got across to the state government and the state government officials are around. They are here with a view to ensuring that some of these young people, who are kept against their will, are liberated and allowed to be in a position where they can talk and take care of themselves.

“Definitely, this area will be secured and the police will be able to do further investigation.

Anyone, who is found culpable, will definitely be arrested, investigated and prosecuted diligently to serve as a warning to others, who may want to operate such houses that serve as illegal detention centres.”

2 Likes

Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by PapaAdanna: 2:59pm On Nov 05, 2019
Islam and FORCE can never be separated
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by Adufeamos: 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
Eh eh na 259 again But because said 559.
Thank God anywaysss
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 3:02pm On Nov 05, 2019
NaijaMutant:
Islam always in the news for the wrong reasons.

Sadly the north and the West are connected by Islam undecided
Auntie it's in the east also in the name of "ulo ekpele". A family friend died in one of these places. People with psychological trumor, mental distress n little children with "mmuo milli" problems are brought to these "prayer houses" by family n friends for prayers n treatments by a prophet or prophetess. Treatments might include flogging with cane or a live pigeon n in some cases being tied up with chains for days or weeks at a time what is popularly known as "itu iga" in igbo language.
In the 70s n 80s, there was this popular place in Orlu, Imo state ran by a man called Jude. It was called "Uka Jude Okporo"...I don't know if it still exists...

This is a societal problem caused by institutional failure of the state in it's responsibility n religion

6 Likes

Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by NengiFuhrer(m): 3:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
There may be more around this country! Wickedness!!
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by Saintly01(m): 3:31pm On Nov 05, 2019
We have lost it as a nation, parents take their delliquent, mentally challenged and drug addicted children and wards to places like this, because there are no government rehabilitation facilities around them. I weep for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by tunde2222: 3:46pm On Nov 05, 2019
Carmit:
Is this actually an Islamic practice
Like is it accepted by the Qur'an?
I'm confused.
But a report confirmed it also happened in a church in Lagos
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by kvngtomi(m): 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
Carmit:
Is this actually an Islamic practice
Like is it accepted by the Qur'an?
I'm confused.
No it's not but the way some people practice this religion ee, it is as if those of us the remaining Muslims are stewpid!!! Extremism and ignorance, two deadly cancers eating deep into Nigerians!
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by Wande22(m): 3:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
God bless you sir!

That place has been a sickening place whenever i pass there
seunlayi:

I m confused too even some churches are into this practice which has going on for long. Look at this that just happened, they said they were informed of that location, if you know that place, it is just around 100 meters to ojoo police station and about 200meters to another police station housing the divisional hq. Also, it is just beside the ojoo end of the lagos ibadan expressway. The police can't continue to pretend that they don't know of this, you see them bringing people out for punishments, flogging them, prayers, etc daily just beside the road adjacent to them. Now that they feel it is time to arrest, they went there causing commotion, picking up anybody, etc. I expected them to be more civilised in checking this long time practice which I don't support.

I think that is the place.

It is mark with red
Police station in blue
Police div in green
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by DCmonster: 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
Islam is a shitty religion practiced by socerer, herbalist, occultist and all sort of criminals. If the founder is a pedophile and a blood thirsty criminal.

Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by Lilimax(f): 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
Bimpe29:

No!
Qur'an never enjoined anything harmful, dangerous and indecent.
Please don't be confused. Islam is peace.
Anything short of peace and goodness is not Islamic.
How come some Muslim Clerics are the ones in charge??
O God, i thank you for the freedom I have in Christ Jesus!
I am not in bondage in the name of religion shocked shocked shocked
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by Lilimax(f): 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
I see a lot of people saying that this is not acceptable in islam.
I dey hear una!
The same pattern with what is happening in Kaduna and Katsina States
How come some Muslim Clerics are the ones in charge of them??

Oh God, i thank you for the freedom I have in Christ Jesus!
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by tunde2222: 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
Lilimax:
I see a lot of people saying that this is not acceptable in islam.
I dey hear una!
The same pattern with what is happening in Kaduna and Katsina States
How come some Muslim Clerics are the ones in charge of them??

Oh God, i thank you for the freedom I have in Christ Jesus!
But it was reported that it happened in a church as well. Why are you bias.I think you should criticize the act in general and not choose side with a religion.
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by tunde2222: 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2019
DCmonster:
Islam is a shitty religion practiced by socerer, herbalist, occultist and all sort of criminals. If the founder is a pedophile and a blood thirsty criminal.
Did you say same when you read it happened in a church as well.

2 Likes

Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by carinmom(f): 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
Positivepoint:

IBADAN HOUSE OF HORROR BUT CHRISTIAN HEALING CENTER WOW
Hypocrisy of the highest level

1 Like

Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by lastempero: 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

we must be realistic here.... these centers dont kidnap people from the middle of the streets... the parents/family members of these victims physically bring these innocent people to these places.

Some parents/guardians are devils advocates so it doesn't justify this wicked act in anyway.

1 Like

Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by Charly68: 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
Journalists should dig deeper into this story and let us know those behind the matter
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by DCmonster: 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2019
tunde2222:
Did you say same when you read it happened in a church as well.
And wtf are you to ask me that?
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by tunde2222: 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
DCmonster:
And wtf are you to ask me that?
That question is for you because you sound so unintelligent. You have also confirmed that with this quote. There is no need quoting you anymore. I already know the level of your reasoning
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by webngnews: 5:07pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by naturefellow(m): 5:13pm On Nov 05, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
hhmm hhmm oga poster...let me ask a simple question here:

how did you come up with the number of 259 rescued people since you wrote below that...

dude, you scored A1 in English? I see you excel in Comprehension. ��
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by DCmonster: 5:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
tunde2222:
That question is for you because you sound so unintelligent. You have also confirmed that with this quote. There is no need quoting you anymore. I already know the level of your reasoning
Alright dummy! GTFOH. It's your dumb ass that needs to get an education and stop asking questions like a retarded being.
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by Bimpe29: 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
This is one of the mistakes we make as a human.
The recent freedom of some people who have been held captive in a Church does not mean such dastard act perpetrated by few Christians is enjoined by Bible.
We are too emotional and sentimental.
However, I am extremely happy and grateful to Allah for making a Muslim.
Lilimax:

How come some Muslim Clerics are the ones in charge??
O God, i thank you for the freedom I have in Christ Jesus!
Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2019
naturefellow:
dude, you scored A1 in English? I see you excel in Comprehension. ��

[img]https://media./images/91d8eb1b154ab815fe03e83992a2328d/tenor.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 05, 2019
GMbuharii:
This is nothing but a MINING CENTER.

you won't see them here but go to Nnamdi Kanu's late mother's page, Ojukwu's post humous birthday page and see them filling the whole place with nitrogenous ewedu and sulphuric gbegiri acidic gas grin grin grin

lzaa immhotep bastardmod adaibeku greenback andhominem
T9ksy and helinues will tactfully avoid this thread and be looking for IPOB thread.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Rescue 259 From Ibadan House Of Horror (Photos) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 05, 2019
Some of them are online arguing for Buhary or PDP.

The people we share the country with.

Smh. How can a country be better than its occupants ? Tell me...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bauchi Man Kills And Eats Two Of His Apprentices / Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters / 3rd Wife Kills Her Hubby & 3 Other Members Of Family Cos Of Land In Enugu(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.