Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures (911 Views)

Akpata to Dongban-Mensem: Explain Discrepancy In Kano Appeal Court Judgement / Premium Times:- No Discrepancy In Buhari’s WAEC Attestation Certificate / N45m Form: INEC Should Penalize Buhari For Violating Electoral Act - PDP Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 9:55am On Nov 05, 2019
[Long Post Alert]
This thread is a continuation of the earlier thread about the INEC Accreditation Data...
https://www.nairaland.com/5050598/simple-logic-presidential-accreditation-should
Through the discussions and arguments in the earlier thread, we were able to develop and establish a very simple logic with which to test INEC's transparency without having to order for the certified true copies of the polling booth result sheets.
The logic is as follows:
That the total accredited voters for the presidential election officially announced in any state should be equal to the sum of the total accredited voters for the senatorial elections officially announced in all the senatorial zones in the same state, and same thing should be the case for all the federal constituencies in that same state,, since the accreditation for the presidential, senatorial, and house of representatives elections were done at the same time on each voter, and it was done JUST ONCE..
…..
The logic above may not hold true for all those 7 senatorial elections and 24 House of Representatives elections whose final results were determined in the Supplementary Election that was held on the 9th of March, 2019. This is because their accreditations are no more the same with that of the Presidential Election in those areas.
But for every other districts and constituencies, the Logic is very valid.
The reason I waited for all the legal battles to be over before I create this thread is to make it clear to everyone that I am not interested in whoever that won or lost the battle, but rather, I am more interested in the outcome of future elections in Nigeria.
I am more interested in getting my fellow Nigerians to start holding INEC to ransom, and make it a point of duty to always demand for the breakdown of the announced results down to the Local Government Area Levels.
…..
In the earlier thread, some people challenged me to start off the experiment with the data from my own state.
To be honest, I went out in search of the required data online thinking that the results are there for everyone to see, but I could not get any. The main reason being that INEC did not publish the full results of the Senatorial and House of Representatives elections on their website, and then, all the blogs and media houses that announced the results of the elections were only interested in the winners and the losers.
None of them reported the number of accredited voters.
Then, I set out in search of the needed data offline, and I was able get the accreditation data of only the Senatorial elections through some politicians I happened to know.
I wrote series of Freedom of Information Request Letters to INEC, hoping to get the accreditation data of the House of Representative elections from them, but they did not reply any of my letters.
…..
Meanwhile, let us get back to this thread.
Here below is the comparison of the accreditation data for Anambra State.
Number of Accredited Voters in Anambra State for the Presidential Election= 675,273.
Number of Accredited Voters in Anambra Central Senatorial District for the Anambra Central Senatorial Election= 223,877.
Number of Accredited Voters in Anambra North Senatorial District for the Anambra North Senatorial Election= 210,819.
Number of Accredited Voters in Anambra South Senatorial District for the Anambra South Senatorial Election= 224,569.
Total of the three accreditation figures for the Senatorial Elections in Anambra State= 659,265.

DIFFERENCE IN THE FIGURES= 675,273 - 659,265= 16,008.

A whooping 16,008 votes were manufactured from No-Where between the Senate level and the Presidential level of collation in the seemingly peaceful Anambra State. You can now imagine what amount of values they might have manufactured in the Local Government Areas and Ward levels of collation - even though this experiment did not reveal such. You can also Imagine what happened in Kano, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, and so on.

INEC should first of all come out and clear the air, so that Nigerians should know how the 16,008 additional votes in the Anambra Presidential Elections came to be, and then, we can understand better how INEC really works.
We have hope in Nigeria, and that was why we continued voting despite all the anomalies, but we will not continue to be fooled everytime.
Please share and circulate this thread until it reaches the eyes of the INEC chairman.
Lalasticlala, please help do the needful.
Please push this thread to Front Page.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by donbachi(m): 10:00am On Nov 05, 2019
Yes....if u just look at ur mirror now...na inec u go see.not even u...as if inec dey two.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 10:04am On Nov 05, 2019
donbachi:
Yes....if u just look at ur mirror now...na inec u go see.not even u...as if inec dey two.
No dey joke with this kind of serious issue jarre.
Habbaa.!!
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by phexx: 10:13am On Nov 05, 2019
Yesterday somebody created a thread advocating for signing into law the amended electoral bill.

With that I agree also that both political parties and INEC(Umpire) will have little or no means to manipulate results.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by donbachi(m): 10:18am On Nov 05, 2019
tk4rd:
No dey joke with this kind of serious issue jarre.
Habbaa.!!
no be only inec na highneck.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 10:56am On Nov 05, 2019
phexx:
Yesterday somebody created a thread advocating for signing into law the amended electoral bill.

With that I agree also that both political parties and INEC(Umpire) will have little or no means to manipulate results.
(@the bolded statement)
I created thread on a similar topic earlier before now, that the members of NASS should further review the amended bill so that it can mandate INEC to publish in the public domain, full results of every election they conducted with the breakdown of the results also published down to the Local Government Area Levels, within one month after the election.

1 Like

Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 11:00am On Nov 05, 2019
donbachi:
no be only inec na highneck.
Ok.. Na Turtle-Neck, I agree.
Now, let's not derail please.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by phexx: 11:07am On Nov 05, 2019
But how come political parties are not pushing for this and they are planning for next election already. After election they will come and be shouting that inec rigged election.

I think the major challenge we have in our electoral system is the umpire (Inec).

If the system refuses to publish details of election results or rejecting the amended electoral bill,I think something is wrong somewhere.

tk4rd:
(@the bolded statement)
I created thread on a similar topic earlier before now, that the members of NASS should further review the amended bill so that it can mandate INEC to publish in the public domain, full results of every election they conducted with the breakdown of the results also published down to the Local Government Area Levels, within one month after the election.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by donbachi(m): 11:25am On Nov 05, 2019
tk4rd:
Ok.. Na Turtle-Neck, I agree. Now, let's not derail please.
i no dey build any rail oo...ask amaechi.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by kcmichael: 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
According to wailers,inec is only independent when PDP wins but dependent when APC wins
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by MAMNABBQGRILLS: 12:54pm On Nov 05, 2019
Why not?

Nigeria will only be good if we work with Buhari
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by Niaja4real(m): 1:32pm On Nov 05, 2019
tk4rd:
[Long Post Alert]
This thread is a continuation of the earlier thread about the INEC Accreditation Data...
https://www.nairaland.com/5050598/simple-logic-presidential-accreditation-should
Through the discussions and arguments in the earlier thread, we were able to develop and establish a very simple logic with which to test INEC's transparency without having to order for the certified true copies of the polling booth result sheets.
The logic is as follows:
That the total accredited voters for the presidential election officially announced in any state should be equal to the sum of the total accredited voters for the senatorial elections officially announced in all the senatorial zones in the same state, and same thing should be the case for all the federal constituencies in that same state,, since the accreditation for the presidential, senatorial, and house of representatives elections were done at the same time on each voter, and it was done JUST ONCE..
…..
The logic above may not hold true for all those 7 senatorial elections and 24 House of Representatives elections whose final results were determined in the Supplementary Election that was held on the 9th of March, 2019. This is because their accreditations are no more the same with that of the Presidential Election in those areas.
But for every other districts and constituencies, the Logic is very valid.
The reason I waited for all the legal battles to be over before I create this thread is to make it clear to everyone that I am not interested in whoever that won or lost the battle, but rather, I am more interested in the outcome of future elections in Nigeria.
I am more interested in getting my fellow Nigerians to start holding INEC to ransom, and make it a point of duty to always demand for the breakdown of the announced results down to the Local Government Area Levels.
…..
In the earlier thread, some people challenged me to start off the experiment with the data from my own state.
To be honest, I went out in search of the required data online thinking that the results are there for everyone to see, but I could not get any. The main reason being that INEC did not publish the full results of the Senatorial and House of Representatives elections on their website, and then, all the blogs and media houses that announced the results of the elections were only interested in the winners and the losers.
None of them reported the number of accredited voters.
Then, I set out in search of the needed data offline, and I was able get the accreditation data of only the Senatorial elections through some politicians I happened to know.
I wrote series of Freedom of Information Request Letters to INEC in order to get the accreditation data of the House of Representative elections, but they were not replying.
…..
Meanwhile, let us get back to this thread.
Here below is the comparison of the accreditation data for Anambra State.
Number of Accredited Voters in Anambra State for the Presidential Election= 675,273.
Number of Accredited Voters in Anambra Central Senatorial District for the Anambra Central Senatorial Election= 223,877.
Number of Accredited Voters in Anambra North Senatorial District for the Anambra North Senatorial Election= 210,819.
Number of Accredited Voters in Anambra South Senatorial District for the Anambra South Senatorial Election= 224,569.
Total of the three accreditation figures for the Senatorial Elections in Anambra State= 659,265.

DIFFERENCE IN THE FIGURES= 675,273 - 659,265= 16,008.

A whooping 16,008 votes were manufactured from No-Where between the Senate level and the Presidential level of collation in the seemingly peaceful Anambra State. You can now imagine what amount of values they might have manufactured in the Local Government Areas and Ward levels of collation - even though this experiment did not reveal such. You can also Imagine what happened in Kano, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, and so on.

INEC should first of all come out and clear the air for Nigerians on how this 16,008 additional votes in the Anambra Presidential Elections came to be, so that we can understand better how INEC works
We have hope in Nigeria, and that was why we continued voting despite all the anomalies, but we will not continue to be fooled everytime.
Please share and circulate this thread until it reaches the eyes of the INEC chairman.
Why not? And, if not for any other thing, at least, we can still trust them for their "INCONCLUSIVENESS".
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2019
phexx:
But how come political parties are not pushing for this and they are planning for next election already. After election they will come and be shouting that inec rigged election.

I think the major challenge we have in our electoral system is the umpire (Inec).

If the system refuses to publish details of election results or rejecting the amended electoral bill, I think something is wrong somewhere.

(@1st bolded statement)
The political parties are just after their selfish gains. That is why both the winners and losers wouldn't want the loopholes to be fixed, because they hope to gain from the same loopholes in the future.
(@2nd bolded statement)
Same reason people don't vote any longer. They have lost all hope they had in INEC.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
donbachi:
Even Amaechi himself, him tell you say him dey build rail.?
My guy, fear God.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
kcmichael:
According to wailers,inec is only independent when PDP wins but dependent when APC wins
This Thread is not about PDP or APC..
This thread is clearly about the 16,008 votes (and possibly more) that the INEC added in the election results of Anambra State alone, which they cannot properly account for, neither can they explain how they came about.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
MAMNABBQGRILLS:
Why not?

Please, does that explain how the 16,008 votes came about?
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
Niaja4real:

Why not? And, if not for any other thing, at least, we can still trust them for their "INCONCLUSIVENESS".
May God help Nigeria, and help All Nigerians, and also help All their failed systems...
Amen.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 5:13pm On Nov 05, 2019
MAMNABBQGRILLS:
Why not?

But guy, wait oo..
Are you in the Zone-B formation??
You are just typing robotically.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2019
It should be called BUEC or APCEC
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 5:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
donbachi:
Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44..
More Nigerians need to see this thread please.
Let's awaken the thinking caps of the intelligent Nigerians.
It is time we begin to ask intelligent questions.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
pickatyou:
It should be called BUEC or APCEC
Or even PDPEC (and APGAEC)..
Whichever one they are dancing to at any point in time and space, that's just what they are..
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by Banmeallday: 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
So the Op has just now come to this conclusion? You could not trust them in 1999, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2015, so what were you expecting. Look at how an old Coup Plotter that should have been in jail is there as President, not even able to give speeches or town halls or visit communities.....

Shame...

But of course, we know he must be an imposter
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
Banmeallday:
So the Op has just now come to this conclusion? You could not trust them in 1999, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2015, so what were you expecting. Look at how an old Coup Plotter that should have been in jail is there as President, not even able to give speeches or town halls or visit communities.....

Shame...

(@Bolded Statement)
My brother, should we now wait till the year 3010 before we start looking for solutions??
If we cannot begin now to correct the monster they call INEC, we can never begin to correct it again until we finally decide to fight the doubt that is preventing us from beginning..
Many people believed that INEC is transparent.
The ones that know that there were manipulations are the deep researchers and the analysts, and not the normal daily newspaper-readers and NTA-listeners..
So, it is time we all start afresh to re-educate all of them.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
Banmeallday:

Shame...

(@bolded statement)
We are talking transparency, and you are here talking coup plotting.
My brother, See....
Let's just forget all of those history for now.
Things have badly spoiled already.
It's the ignorant greedy Nigerians, and the greedy law makers who created the faulty system they called INEC, they are the ones that kept us here.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by MrStan11(m): 5:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
Its my right to vote.
Its also my right not to vote.

I will only vote when we upgrade to electronic voting chikena.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 8:41pm On Nov 05, 2019
MrStan11:
Its my right to vote.
Its also my right not to vote.

I will only vote when we upgrade to electronic voting chikena.
In sane countries like Australia, it is both your right and responsibility to vote.
That means, if a citizen did not vote, he would receive a mail prompting him to reply within two weeks and explain why he didn't vote, failure of which he would be fined.
(See the link here: https://www.elections.wa.gov.au/vote/failure-vote)
They are free to vote at any closest voting centre of their choice.
Once a person votes, he cannot vote again anywhere else, because no matter wherever he goes, the accreditation system will detect him and it will report that the person had already been accredited earlier..
And if the person eventually votes after all the warnings, then he must be fined severely.
(This is a place where the system is working, and the people are also allowing the system to work for them).
In Nigeria, before a person votes, he must travel to the place where he registered.
And even at that, there must still be over-voting, no matter what.
(@The Bolded Statement In Your Reply)
Ooh, you think Desperate Nigerian Politicians won't create loopholes in that one again?
They would either pay the programmer that developed the software or the ICT personnel that configured the servers to leak some important codes for them in order to manipulate the system, or they may even pay strong hackers to hack into the servers and tamper with the information, or even wipe it all off..
Just remember that THIS IS NIGERIA.!!
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by MrStan11(m): 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2019
tk4rd:
In sane countries like Australia, it is both your right and responsibility to vote.
That means, if a citizen did not vote, he would receive a mail prompting him to reply within two weeks and explain why he didn't vote, failure of which he would be fined.
(See the link here: https://www.elections.wa.gov.au/vote/failure-vote)
They vote with their National Identity Cards., and they are free to vote at any closest voting centre of their choice.
Once a person votes, he cannot vote again anywhere else, because no matter wherever he goes, the accreditation system will reject the card and report that the owner of the card had already been accredited earlier.
In Nigeria, before a person votes, he must travel to the place where he registered.
Even at that, there must be over-voting.
(@Bolded Statement)
Ooh, you think Desperate Nigerian Politicians won't create loopholes in that one again?
They would either pay the programmer that developed the software or the ICT personnel that configured the servers to leak some important codes for them in order to manipulate the system, or they may even pay strong hackers to hack into the servers and tamper with the information, or even wipe it all off..
Just remember that THIS IS NIGERIA.!!
At least I didn't put my life in danger.
I won't be so quick to forget almost being killed in Bayelsa while trying to vote.

Nigeria na Scam.
Nigerians are Hypocrites.
A Nation with so much Hypocrites can never have a common goal.
You think Arab Spring was born out of Hypocrisy.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 10:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
MrStan11:
At least I didn't put my life in danger.
I won't be so quick to forget almost being killed in Bayelsa while trying to vote.

Nigeria na Scam.
Nigerians are Hypocrites.
A Nation with so much Hypocrites can never have a common goal.
You think Arab Spring was born out of Hypocrisy.
I really don't know how and why this country of ours got this bad..
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 6:52am On Nov 06, 2019
Explorers, please help me call upon Lalasticlala and other mods, so that they can push this thread to front page too.
Re: INEC Should Come Forth And Explain This Discrepancy In Their Own Figures by tk4rd: 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2019
Lalasticlala.
Please naa..

(1) (Reply)

Facts That Shows Nigerians No Longer Have Interest In Voting. / CFR On Buhari And Abuse Of Human Rights. / Will The War Affects Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.