Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Will The War Affects Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will The War Affects Nigeria. (908 Views)

High Borrowing Costs, Others Affects Nigeria Economy - World Bank / Reno Omokri: What Abba Kyari Did Affects You As A Nigerian / How Nigerian Soldiers Sleep On The War Field (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The War Affects Nigeria. by 16yearsold: 2:55am On Jan 08, 2020
This is my observation, please no insult and don't laugh. grin

Why it will not affect Nigeria.
According to my research made in world War 2, it showed that Nigeria participated in world War 2.
But the majour reason Nigeria participated in this war was because of the British government, we were under the British government.
Britain enlisted the help of its colonies in fighting the Burma War in 1945, and of the 90000 soldiers that it recruited from across different countries, over half were Nigerian.
But since then we've gained independence and we are not under any Britain government.
So Nigeria can also decide to stay neutral in this war because according to claims made by people, U. S is Capable of attacking Iran on its own and won't need the help of Nigeria to carry out there actions.
Another point is that most of our government are Muslims and attacking Iran is like attacking there brothers.
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by falcon01: 3:20am On Jan 08, 2020
Northern Nigeria shitte will get exactly what they want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:29am On Jan 08, 2020
Definitely!

Likely targets will be

Ikotun, Igando, Ojodu and Ketu
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by BusolaDakolo: 4:41am On Jan 08, 2020
Abeg wetin concern agbero with LASTMA?
Na so one small davido go they yarn wetin no concern hin papa.

Abeg make we face our Boko, herdsmen and bandits wahala. That one don do us abeg.
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:13am On Jan 08, 2020
BusolaDakolo:
Abeg wetin concern agbero with LASTMA?
Na so one small davido go they yarn wetin no concern hin papa.

Abeg make we face our Boko, herdsmen and bandits wahala. That one don do us abeg.

If you only know what influence Iran already has in Nigeria. Iran in some way is influencing these same groups you talking about,and they didn't start today. Tired of all these only talk about Nigeria tirade

Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:15am On Jan 08, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
Definitely!

Likely targets will be

Ikotun, Igando, Ojodu and Ketu

And that might likely happen. Don't expect American troops in Nigeria but expect ipob fighters or herdsmen invading Lagos when there is great chaos everywhere, or you think that can't be a possibility when there is no rule of law anymore?
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 08, 2020
Let me contribute my little quota towards the enlightenment of a 16 year-old. I mean, the youths are the future and as an old man I feel it is my duty to lead them aright.

Indeed, 80 years of existence is no joke.

1. Nigeria participated in both WW I and WW II as part of the British empire. In fact, during WW I, Nigerian troops saw action as part of the British contingent in places like Togoland and the Kameruns which were then German colonial possessions.

Young man, I will advise you to go and read about the "Kamerun Campaigns" of 1914-1916(World War I). Nigerians fought there too.

2. To your last point. There is no "brotherhood" between a Sunni and a Shia. There can be no "brotherhood" between the Nigerian political elites and the Islamic Republic of Iran. There, you got it all wrong.

Many of Nigeria's political leaders are mainly Sunni muslims and that means that to a great extent, they are less likely to be in any way sympathetic towards the plight of the Islamic Republic of Iran which is a Shi'a majority country.

There is no love lost between the Sunnis and their Shi'a counterparts. There is a political and ideological schism between the Sunnis and the Shiites which goes way back to the 7th century.

In fact, the only real Iranian sympathizers that you are going to find within Nigerian territory are the IMN and some other Shi'ite Muslim groups. Total Shi'a population in Nigeria is not up to 9 million from what I gather. Plus, a non-State actor can only do as much.

Not totally underestimating or discountenancing them or their threat capabilities here. In the event of a war between Iran and the US, the best the Shiites here in Nigeria can do is mount solidarity protests, possibly attempt a few acts of subversion here and there while a few of them could decide to sign up to go fight on Iran's side in the Middle East just to show "solidarity".

3. There will be no "war". Trust me on that. Just expect more noise. That's all. And even if there will be a war. Just get a chilled drink and watch from the sidelines. Fear absolutely nothing.

*Clears throat* Now, where is my bloody snuffbox.

4 Likes

Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by orisa37: 6:38am On Jan 08, 2020
BOKOHARAM, MIYETTI ALLAH FULANI HERDSMEN ARE SUNIIS. ELSAKSAKY AND HIS GROUP ARE SHIITS. BIAFRA IS CONFUCIUS. BUHARI IS CONFUSED.
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by Iamgrey5(m): 6:49am On Jan 08, 2020
A war in the middle east will likely benefit Nigeria

Who remembers the golf war
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by AeroplaneApple: 6:54am On Jan 08, 2020
I seriously don't understand
why a certain group of individuals in a 3rd world continent are fretting over a war that is non of their business..

Is it that you want to enroll into the Iranian Revolutionary Guard or United States Navy?

1 Like

Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by BusolaDakolo: 7:02am On Jan 08, 2020
beckNcall:

If you only know what influence Iran already has in Nigeria. Iran in some way is influencing these same groups you talking about,and they didn't start today. Tired of all these only talk about Nigeria tirade
This is serious.
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by 16yearsold: 7:25am On Jan 08, 2020
Cc: Lalasticlala grin
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by 16yearsold: 7:26am On Jan 08, 2020
AeroplaneApple:
I seriously don't understand
why a certain group of individuals in a 3rd world continent are fretting over a war that is non of their business..

Is it that you want to enroll into the Iranian Revolutionary Guard or United States Navy?
world War
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 08, 2020
BusolaDakolo:

This is serious.

Grave seriousness. Out of all the countries in the world, Nigeria will be top 30 affected, if the eventual war takes a religious outlook too
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by 16yearsold: 9:53am On Jan 08, 2020
mansakhalifa:
Let me contribute my little quota towards the enlightenment of a 16 year-old. I mean, the youths are the future and as an old man I feel it is my duty to lead them aright.

Indeed, 80 years of existence is no joke.

1. Nigeria participated in both WW I and WW II as part of the British empire. In fact, during WW I, Nigerian troops saw action as part of the British contingent in places like Togoland and the Kameruns which were then German colonial possessions.

Young man, I will advise you to go and read about the "Kamerun Campaigns" of 1914-1916(World War I). Nigerians fought there too.

2. To your last point. There is no "brotherhood" between a Sunni and a Shia. There can be no "brotherhood" between the Nigerian political elites and the Islamic Republic of Iran. There, you got it all wrong.

Many of Nigeria's political leaders are mainly Sunni muslims and that means that to a great extent, they are less likely to be in any way sympathetic towards the plight of the Islamic Republic of Iran which is a Shi'a majority country.

There is no love lost between the Sunnis and their Shi'a counterparts. There is a political and ideological schism between the Sunnis and the Shiites which goes way back to the 7th century.

In fact, the only real Iranian sympathizers that you are going to find within Nigerian territory are the IMN and some other Shi'ite Muslim groups. Total Shi'a population in Nigeria is not up to 9 million from what I gather. Plus, a non-State actor can only do as much.

Not totally underestimating or discountenancing them or their threat capabilities here. In the event of a war between Iran and the US, the best the Shiites here in Nigeria can do is mount solidarity protests, possibly attempt a few acts of subversion here and there while a few of them could decide to sign up to go fight on Iran's side in the Middle East just to show "solidarity".

3. There will be no "war". Trust me on that. Just expect more noise. That's all. And even if there will be a war. Just get a chilled drink and watch from the sidelines. Fear absolutely nothing.

*Clears throat* Now, where is my bloody snuffbox.
Thanks for the information.
Smartest nairaland ever
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by mrsteel: 2:16pm On Jan 08, 2020
beckNcall:

Grave seriousness. Out of all the countries in the world, Nigeria will be top 30 affected, if the eventual war takes a religious outlook too
Why do u say d bold?
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2020
mrsteel:

Why do u say d bold?

glean though my recent posts for that reasoning
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by mrsteel: 4:01pm On Jan 08, 2020
beckNcall:

glean though my recent posts for that reasoning
I have done that & still can't understand
Explain here cool
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 08, 2020
mrsteel:

I have done that & still can't understand
Explain here cool

What do we need to explain. War in Iran will mean weapons inflow into Nigeria, though it's been on since 2011. Secondly the shittes will be emboldened and I fear they will become militant with weapons terrorising Abuja on a daily basis. Iran considers Nigeria as an Islamic state, Saudi Arabia too, so I predict these competing powers will do all their best to spread their extremes in the country without regards to Christians. If the war outcome looks religious trust Nigeria will be flunged in the chaos.
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by mrsteel: 4:08pm On Jan 08, 2020
beckNcall:

What do we need to explain. War in Iran will mean weapons inflow into Nigeria, though it's been on since 2011. Secondly the shittes will be emboldened and I fear they will become militant with weapons terrorising Abuja on a daily basis. Iran considers Nigeria as an Islamic state, Saudi Arabia too, so I predict these competing powers will do all their best to spread their extremes in the country without regards to Christians. If the war outcome looks religious trust Nigeria will be flunged in the chaos.
Valid point @bold
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by MasterKernel: 4:13pm On Jan 08, 2020
beckNcall:

I have a lot of respect for you, but you aren't well informed in matters like this.

Gulf War which was Iraq and Iran, benefited Nigeria, because the crude oil vacuum the both countries will create will benefit oil producing countries. The price of crude oil will go high. Go and check oil price now, it has increased since the tension.
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
MasterKernel:

I have a lot of respect for you, but you aren't well informed in matters like this.

Gulf War which was Iraq and Iran, benefited Nigeria, because the crude oil vacuum the both countries will create will benefit oil producing countries. The price of crude oil will go high. Go and check oil price now, it has increased since the tension.

I have lots of respect for you too but I laugh. So for over five decades what has the oil done for us? Has it made us no. 1? Isn't still in the same oil boom we having insurgency morning and night? for me i see things clearly, you can't argue this
Re: Will The War Affects Nigeria. by tsdarkside(m): 6:47pm On Jan 08, 2020
nigeria will be affected too....
you nigerians just dont understand to keep away from trouble....

una always wan fight in everybodies wahala....

(1) (Reply)

Lesson For All The Southerners And Middle Belt: Beware Of Sanusi Opera.com / What You Didn't Know About Snopes / COVID19: Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu Tops Twitter Trend Chart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.