Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions (21436 Views)

Governor Makinde Approves Payment Of 13th Month Salary To Oyo Workers / Bola Tinubu Promises Free WAEC Fees For Every Nigerian Child If Elected / Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by blowjohn(m): 3:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
Aderewah:
wow. I am in Oyo state and I am patiently waiting for one good policy of this man to affect me. nothing so far.
q

Why not enroll for the waec exam and get free past questions?

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Fastlinkpro: 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2019
Pls download my free waec past questions and answers app
10k downloaded already.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=waec.waecpastquestions.answers
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Rubicon67(m): 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2019
I really like this Governor...I think he is progressive-minded. However, that money could gone a long way and sustainably utilised if digital versions of those past questions were made available instead of the printouts. Besides, it will minimise wastes.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2019
Toluwarnih:
i knew u wont complete ur statement, y dnt u compare him wit Ajimobi so dat ppl can stone ur mouth, sebi ur father tried more than him during his tenure. dirty drunkard, useless ingrate

Must you throw insults?

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Dbiz1111(m): 3:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
wisdom042:
Whoever gets the contract of printing the past questions don blow.

Better blow bro. Grace cheesy

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Toluwarnih(m): 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2019
cyprex:
I must commend this governor
Less for this but for many other accomplishments attributed to him

Kudos sir

However I can hardly put the figures together.
170million for printing of 100,000 copies of waec past question.

The cost seem high especially since government is printing it.
Even in the open market, if a copy sales for N500 then 100,000 copies will be N50million and if it sales at N1000, 100,000 copies will be N100milliin.
Mr governor you may review the cost. Don't let corrupt officials ruin your well cherished name
do u remember dat d N500 u mentioned z 4 one subject
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by veraponpo(m): 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2019
LegendHero:
People don’t know the effect of what Makinde just did as per the WAEC past questions.

I’m from Ibadan and I attended a public secondary school back in the days, I can remeber I had issue with getting money to buy past question back then and I always borrow past questions from Gbolahan.

I will borrow chemistry from him and tell him I will study 2005 questions so that I can teach him that when we meet in school the next day. That’s the code I always use to borrow all the other subjects then coz my Dad will not even look at my side coz I think the past questions is #500 each then lol.

With this, people from a poor background can prepare more for WAEC and it will improve the performance of Oyo state as a whole. I even love the way he included private school in it coz they are also part of Oyo people and they contribute to its success and failure.

Goodluck Makonde, little things like this count and government don’t need to spend billions to make changes in the life of the common man.

I grew up in Ibadan just like you and today I am a successful man in my field of endeavour. I am a professional to the core.

This is a wrong move, probably with a good intention.

The best thing to do is for the schools to be well funded, libraries to be well equipped and schools to be well-staffed. The following is what will possibly happen:

1. The materials may not be adequately distributed to all the schools
2. The supposed users may abuse it
3. Many of the users may not use it at all
4. If the students are not well taught, the past questions may be useless
5. These past questions are available already because past users have these past questions series packaged together, so this is almost a useless or clueless endeavour.

He needs to look into how schools are run. He may lay emphasis on how SSS classes are handled, libraries are equipped, teachers are employed, etc

4 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by fawole73k(m): 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2019
veraponpo:
Solo Makinde.
This man will be the worst governor in Oyo State.
This is an evidence of no plan
enemy of progress
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by bluebay(m): 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2019
170 million for waec past questions... Am certain the EFCC have jotted that down...
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by LegendHero(m): 3:35pm On Nov 05, 2019
MelesZenawi:

He a good man and you just confirming it but you actually voted against him based on party affiliations.

He started well and like it is been said, he will also end well.

Lol, I am not living in Nigeria so I did not vote both in 2015 and 2019. But if I was home, I will vote Makinde coz I have known him as a nice man and a philanthropist even before he was on the ballot for any party.

Yes, you are right I love APC more than PDP coz the PDP party failed SW in all endeavor especially Oyo state where Akala embezzled all the money he laid his hands on.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by veraponpo(m): 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2019
fawole73k:
enemy of progress

You lack knowledge of governance.

Some of us are not like you.

In the next 2 years, many of you will stone that guy.

Check the track record of Ladoja in Oyo State and you will see that this Makinde is like a carbon copy of Ladoja. Ladoja had no achievement in Oyo State. Every achievement in Oyo State is from Bola Ige, Lam Adeshina or Ajimobi.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Toluwarnih(m): 3:42pm On Nov 05, 2019
veraponpo:

You lack knowledge of governance.

Some of us are not like you.

In the next 2 years, many of you will stone that guy.

Check the track record of Ladoja in Oyo State and you will see that this Makinde is like a carbon copy of Ladoja. Ladoja had no achievement in Oyo State. Every achievement in Oyo State is from Bola Ige, Lam Adeshina or Ajimobi.

u mst be typin frm a rehab
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
LegendHero:

Lol, I am not living in Nigeria so I did not vote both in 2015 and 2019. But if I was home, I will vote Makinde coz I have known him as a nice man and a philanthropist even before he was on the ballot for any party.

Yes, you are right I love APC more than PDP coz the PDP party failed SW in all endeavor especially Oyo state where Akala embezzled all the money he laid his hands on.

You will still confess more......with time.

APC is doing wonderfully well in west from your own dictionary.

bias
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by kayusely70(m): 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
While i like him as a person he should desist from taking impulsive decision that he would reverve later after sober reflection.

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by sammhi(m): 3:54pm On Nov 05, 2019
LegendHero:
People don’t know the effect of what Makinde just did as per the WAEC past questions.

I’m from Ibadan and I attended a public secondary school back in the days, I can remeber I had issue with getting money to buy past question back then and I always borrow past questions from Gbolahan.

I will borrow chemistry from him and tell him I will study 2005 questions so that I can teach him that when we meet in school the next day. That’s the code I always use to borrow all the other subjects then coz my Dad will not even look at my side coz I think the past questions is #500 each then lol.

With this, people from a poor background can prepare more for WAEC and it will improve the performance of Oyo state as a whole. I even love the way he included private school in it coz they are also part of Oyo people and they contribute to its success and failure.

Goodluck Makonde, little things like this count and government don’t need to spend billions to make changes in the life of the common man.
Am from poor home actually an orphan I weep as I read your comments. I remba how hard it was for me back then to buy jamb review questions. We had to que on table to glance
Weldone sir
Pls let them follow this up so it won't be sabotage

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by ugofulfilled(m): 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
cyprex:

Kudos sir

Even in the open market, if a copy sales for N500 then 100,000 copies will be N50million and if it sales at N1000, 100,000 copies will be N100milliin.
Mr governor you may review the cost. Don't let corrupt officials ruin your well cherished name

And you just multiplied it by per copy. How many subjects does a student register for in waec? pls do include other subjects of science and arts categories and see if the price is over quoted. Take it or leave it this is one sure project if executed will impart the wards directly. The more school doors you open, the more prison doors you close. I applaud the Governor on this.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by capitalzero: 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2019
LegendHero:

Do not mind those people who 're complaining. Those who are poor are not finding it easy in school

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Tolubory(m): 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
Montracine:
Makinde re-awards Moniya-Iseyin roads for N9b

*N170m for free WAEC past questions

Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo state has given approval for the total reconstruction of the Moniya-Iseyin road to a new contractor at a cost of over N9billion.

He also approved the printing of 100,000 copies of West African Examination Council (WAEC) compendium of past questions and answer of ten years to be distributed free to senior secondary school three (SSS3) students at both the public and private schools across the state.

The Moniya-Iseyin road became an issue when upon resumption of office, the Governor visited the site and express dissatisfaction at the rate of works done.

The project is to be handed by KOPEK construction company
The project was initially awarded by former Governor Abiola Ajimobi at a cost of N7billion out of which N2billion was released before Makinde revoked the contract.

The decisions were parts of resolutions reached at the weekly State Executive Council meeting which held at the Executive Chambers of the Governors office, Agodi Secretariat, Ibadan.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-makinde-re-awards-moniya-iseyin-roads-for-n9b/
This Governor is like a Good guy in a Movie,
He always have a good moves to please his people,
You are too much my Governor.

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Timileyin1234(m): 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2019
How does 100,000 copies reach 170million Naira
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by CoolAmbience(m): 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2019
Lendell11:
This man is Governor of the year

I like him alot, but this makes no sense.

N170 million for past WAEC question papers?

Haba!

Imagine, instituting a structured entrepreneurship or skills acquisition program and investing that amount into it.

With that amount, I can create 1,000 jobs in Oyo state in 4 months.

4 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by OyiboOyibo(m): 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2019
veraponpo:

He is clueless
how old are you?
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by tomdon(m): 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2019
State funds??
Printing past questions in 2019!
Ah my God this man na chop I chop oo
Rewarding his people with state funds!
Whatever question and answer can be circulated in soft copies

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by LegendHero(m): 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2019
veraponpo:

I grew up in Ibadan just like you and today I am a successful man in my field of endeavour. I am a professional to the core.

This is a wrong move, probably with a good intention.

[b]The best thing to do is for the schools to be well funded, libraries to be well equipped and schools to be well-staffed. [/b]The following is what will possibly happen:

1. The materials may not be adequately distributed to all the schools
2. The supposed users may abuse it
3. Many of the users may not use it at all
4. If the students are not well taught, the past questions may be useless
5. These past questions are available already because past users have these past questions series packaged together, so this is almost a useless or clueless endeavour.

He needs to look into how schools are run. He may lay emphasis on how SSS classes are handled, libraries are equipped, teachers are employed, etc

Bro I understand your point but how long do we continue to try the conventional means of education that had failed us since the inception of this country. Let me tell you something, no matter how much government fund school, the corrupt principals will still embezzle the funds coz part of the failure of our educational system is actually corruption among the teachers too.

To address the points you raised one after the other:
1. Well even if it will not be adequately distributed, it will still cover like 75% of the schools in Oyo
2. Of course, the users will abuse it just like it is in other countries, but how may % will abuse it and even if just 10% of the student make use of it, the result can be seen. We have to stop thinking about negativity every time.
3. No government policies have 100% compliance, but if we have like 40% compliance, it is still a success. It is better than having none.
4. Well that should be left to the teachers. Trust me, studying past questions and answers can help students a lot, lessons and group studies can boost their morale and it is a step in the right direction.
5. Well how many people have access to past users? How many students in the suburb do their parents have #500 for 9 subjects to spare? Even if 30% of the student benefit from this it is still good. See the poor deserve a life too, we should't be fixated on the mindset that everybody have the same opportunities to have friends that can lend the the past questions.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Lush100(m): 4:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
to be sincere, you are right. but may be cost of logistics (of distribution.) don;t forget its oyo. places like okeoho, iseyin, ogbomoso or so.are quite far.
someone also mentioned various subjects to include science and arts and commercial. its alot of subject.
may be there are reasons for it but i still think the amount can be reduced due to large economies of scale.

cyprex:

Kudos sir

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by LegendHero(m): 4:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
sammhi:

Am from poor home actually an orphan I weep as I read your comments. I remba how hard it was for me back then to buy jamb review questions. We had to que on table to glance
Weldone sir
Pls let them follow this up so it won't be sabotage

I am telling you, It actually touched my heart that he is making this move coz I can relate well with the feeling. I was brilliant back then in school but had difficulties in getting those past questions coz of financial difficulties. Imagine how many students have the same problem currently. People condemning this move don't understand life, things we take for granted are actually important and we do not need the conventional way to solve educational problems every time.
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Obakoolex(m): 4:31pm On Nov 05, 2019
Aderewah:
wow. I am in Oyo state and I am patiently waiting for one good policy of this man to affect me. nothing so far.
Then go and write waec grin
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by 27Pushing30: 4:37pm On Nov 05, 2019
FrLukas:
I'm still waiting for real policies that are sustainable.

Bros i tire o

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by 0monnak0da: 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
madridsta007:

Of course, the God-haters will be triggered. I was expecting this sort of ignorant response- not necessarily the swiftness!

They have a fear of whatever they define as "God" over there.
In China, it is the Confucianism, Taoism, Chinese Buddhism which 73.6% of Chinese adhere to.
In Japan, it is Buddhist, Shintoist or both. Folk Shinto or no religion (51.8%); Buddhism (34.9%)

You can easily read this up, young man.

Fear of God has nothing to do with governance any more than it has to do with winning the World Cup.
Fear of God has nothing to do with passing JAMB or WAEC.
Do not bring in irrelevances into the discussion.
When you are being irrational and corrected you compound it with more irrationality by talking of "God haters"

In China they do NOT do God in governance.
God is a PRIVATE matter for the adherent.
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by 4gunners(m): 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2019
LegendHero:

Thanks you for sharing your experience. People don't know the importance of past questions. Infact, if you dedicate 3 hrs to studying, 5 hours should be dedicated to solving past questions.
Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by Akiika: 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
Come on Nigerian politicians! must you always find a way to lace your palms with public fund? Why is nobody thinking smart for crying out loud!
How about scanning all of these past questions and storing the files on Google drive or OneDrive for free and sharing with students.
Shameful that they had to waste this much money on nonsense like this.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions by frankIzuchukwu(m): 4:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
bluebay:
170 million for waec past questions... Am certain the EFCC have jotted that down...
The Price is not bad
remember science student 9 subject 500*9=4500
Art student 500*9=4500
so each student is entitled of 9 past questions
4500* assumption 100,000
=4,500,000,000
there's nothing like fraud in the contract.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Declare Bandits Terrorists - 36 State Speakers Tell Buhari / Ayo Adebanjo: If Obi Loses, A Christian Southerner May Never Be President Again / US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.