Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,808 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Being Childfree - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Being Childfree (2090 Views)

Childfree In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being Childfree by sabanageorge(f): 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2019
What do you guys think about never wanting a child? I just have that weird feeling of not wanting a child ever. Do any of you get these same feelings? My reasons are not because I hate children. On the contrary, I like my little nephews and nieces. But I feel like I just wanna be free to live my life unencumbered, make my own decisions without having to worry about how they'll affect a kid or kids, and just up and travel anytime I want. I'm terrified about bringing a child into this world. I never wanna do it.
Does anyone feel the same?

10 Likes

Re: Being Childfree by SKYloafFISH(f): 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2019
YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN
Re: Being Childfree by galadima77(m): 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2019
SKYloafFISH:
YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN

My thoughts exactly. I just hope by the time you change your mind, your biological system won't betray you.

As an alternative, you could adopt.

1 Like

Re: Being Childfree by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 05, 2019

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Childfree by crackhaus: 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2019
I give you 10years, only you go answer yourself. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Being Childfree by sabanageorge(f): 6:15pm On Nov 05, 2019
Breaststroke:

Yes I feel the same way and I could have sworn I wrote this except I have just one account and moniker on NL.

Like you, I like children and I thoroughly enjoy them, but I am not excited about having mine and raising them. It feels like a lot of stress and strain to me, so I would rather not be bothered.

I believe in being brutally honest with myself about what matters and how much, about what I can and can’t change and about reality in general. This is my recipe for a happy life.

I don't want children in spite of what society says or expects of me as a woman. Know thyself and stay true to thyself, is a driving force in my life.

Wow! Glad to find another Nigerian thinking same. Most people don't understand when I tell them, so it's refreshing to find another person who shares the same opinion. smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Childfree by liberalchick(f): 6:21pm On Nov 05, 2019
There is nothing wrong in opting to go childfree. Your fears about disruptions that children create in your life are valid and kudos to you for not caving in to societal pressure. The one thing people always ask is what if you regret when the choice is no longer yours to make? Well, I think it’s cruel to bring a child into this world on the off chance you might want the child after all.

Also, the technology in fertility treatments has greatly improved, more women are having children well into their late forties. If you are in your 20s and you change your mind 15 years later, you will just be in your 30s-40s. If you can afford it, you can also freeze and store your eggs, you can also adopt or foster children. The point is, have children when YOU want them.

16 Likes

Re: Being Childfree by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
It depends on how old you are... If I'm honest I didn't think about children until this year when I hit 35 and now I am not so sure about the decision... I say go with the flow in life, don't make a thing out of it but don't write it off either.

What will be will be. Its better than bringing children into this world that you can't love and take care of.

2 Likes

Re: Being Childfree by uboma(m): 7:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
sabanageorge:
What do you guys think about never wanting a child? I just have that weird feeling of not wanting a child ever. Do any of you get these same feelings? My reasons are not because I hate children. On the contrary, I like my little nephews and nieces. But I feel like I just wanna be free to live my life unencumbered, make my own decisions without having to worry about how they'll affect a kid or kids, and just up and travel anytime I want. I'm terrified about bringing a child into this world. I never wanna do it.

There is nothing wrong with your preference
Re: Being Childfree by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 05, 2019
You can to choose how you want to live your life. Freewill is your God-given right.

Your life, your choices.

1 Like

Re: Being Childfree by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2019

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being Childfree by ctleurocollege: 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2019
Children are necessary but you can have only one or two afterwards lock up.
Re: Being Childfree by crackhaus: 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2019
Guest007:
It depends on how old you are... If I'm honest I didn't think about children until this year when I hit 35 and now I am not so sure about the decision... I say go with the flow in life, don't make a thing out of it but don't write it off either.

What will be will be. Its better than bringing children into this world that you can't love and take care of.
cool
Re: Being Childfree by Katier00(f): 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2019
I have two kids and believe me i love them so much but in my next life, i don't want to have kids again. They tie down me emotionally,being responsible for a life is a huge task. My heart always jump out of my mouth each time they are not with me. So it is not a strange feeling

8 Likes

Re: Being Childfree by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2019
Childfree? What happens in old age? Very many elderly people derive joy from having their children or grandchildren around them. I don't think a woman can live a happy life without children in old age. I do not believe in marriage as a source of happiness, but I believe in children as a source of company and happiness. Even if a woman does not wanna birth the babies, one can adopt a child. For women who don't value babies, who's gonna inherit their stuffs after death? Hmm.

1 Like

Re: Being Childfree by sabanageorge(f): 10:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
Breaststroke:

For your sake and sanity, I hope you have a strong spine to withstand/ignore some of the comments you'll see on your thread. People will come out of the woods to lecture you with a superiority complex, like they know better than you and are better than you, some will insist you are a feminist and even tell you how unhappy/miserable you sound. Just be prepared for a basic lack of acceptance and respect for individual differences/preferences.

Oh sure. I know about such people and opinions already. I've got a thick skin. Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Being Childfree by Timbuktuo: 10:39pm On Nov 05, 2019
Imagine wanting to be an evolutionary dead end. I can neither relate nor understand, but I can respect the decision.

1 Like

Re: Being Childfree by MrCork: 12:08am On Nov 06, 2019
Katier00:
I have two kids and believe me i love them so much but in my next life, i don't want to have kids again. They tie down me emotionally,being responsible for a life is a huge task. My heart always jump out of my mouth each time they are not with me. So it is not a strange feeling

..nice lip. How much? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Being Childfree by Katier00(f): 12:46am On Nov 06, 2019
MrCork:

not for sale mr cork

2 Likes

Re: Being Childfree by LadyGCrueDKilaB(f): 1:08am On Nov 06, 2019
women aren't mere commodities, sir. Smh
MrCork:

Re: Being Childfree by baby124: 3:38am On Nov 06, 2019
Give yourself time but make sure you study your family history. Some people have family history of fibroids, ovarian cancer, Ovarian cysts, very early menopause... if any of this is in your family history I advise you to try to have children early.

When you get to your 30’s, you most likely would want your own child. Life would have slowed down and become routine; and all you will crave is for your family to fill up the void. Your own blood, not a niece or nephew. You can freeze your eggs or forget about children If you don’t feel like you have a mothering instinct.

1 Like

Re: Being Childfree by MrCork: 5:55am On Nov 06, 2019
Katier00:
not for sale mr cork

angry

2 Likes

Re: Being Childfree by MrCork: 5:59am On Nov 06, 2019
LadyGCrueDKilaB:
women aren't mere commodities, sir. Smh

..say who? angry

1 Like

Re: Being Childfree by MrCork: 6:03am On Nov 06, 2019
Katier00:
not for sale mr cork

..baby' did I mention am from Pekam London n i livd in a rich area n I drive BMW...juss in case u ask..although moiney ain't everyting.

..sweery how much?
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being Childfree by Katier00(f): 8:23am On Nov 06, 2019
MrCork:

..baby' did I mention am from Pekam London n i livd in a rich area n I drive BMW...juss in case u ask..although moiney ain't everyting.

..sweery how much?
cheesy
i gat my own money, there is nothing you can give me now, that I can't afford it in double fold. So cool down, we aren't talking money

3 Likes

Re: Being Childfree by Ebonygirl1(f): 8:49am On Nov 06, 2019
sabanageorge:

I feel the same way sometimes. If you say it out loud, people just start tagging you as selfish, asking where you'd be if your mom had said same. I feel like there are already so many kids in the world in need of love. Why create more when one can just spread some love to the ones already here...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Childfree by MrCork: 9:21am On Nov 06, 2019
Katier00:
i gat my own money, there is nothing you can give me now, that I can't afford it in double fold. So cool down, we aren't talking money

angry
Re: Being Childfree by MrCork: 9:22am On Nov 06, 2019
Katier00:

^^^^^this one is stubborn!! angry

1 Like

Re: Being Childfree by MrCork: 10:07am On Nov 06, 2019
Katier00:

baby wit the funbratokalick salogolonick attitude.
.. am trying to help u & am on yor side. This is your shance to earn up to $30 million Ugandan dollar juss for 2 minute wit u....truss me, I have moiney. We need to discuss (True story)
smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Childfree by uboma(m): 3:25pm On Nov 06, 2019
Katier00:

1, 000, 000 likes for this comment.
Re: Being Childfree by Katier00(f): 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2019
MrCork:

baby wit the funbratokalick salogolonick attitude.
.. am trying to help u & am on yor side. This is your shance to earn up to $30 million Ugandan dollar juss for 2 minute wit u....truss me, I have moiney. We need to discuss (True story)
smiley
I will pass mr cork. Thanks though for asking.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lgbt: Coming Out As A Lesbian In An African Home / Deleted / She Barely Cooked For Me But She Was Hailing Hilda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.