Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Now Its The Presidency Disgracing Nigeria And Taking Us back To The Juju Age - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now Its The Presidency Disgracing Nigeria And Taking Us back To The Juju Age (899 Views)

5 In Prison For Disgracing Abubakar Bello / Why Is Buhari Disgracing This Country Where Ever He Goes? Pix / Jonathan, NANS, Disgracing Nigeria —gani’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now Its The Presidency Disgracing Nigeria And Taking Us back To The Juju Age by chrisokw: 6:54pm On May 22, 2007
Nigerian leaders row over occult 

Mr Abubakar said the president's mind was "full of the cobwebs of juju"
Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo has accused his estranged deputy of wishing him dead and consulting Islamic holy men on the date of his demise.
Mr Obasanjo said the vice president had told a former minister: "Don't worry, the president will be dead soon."

VP Atiku Abubakar denied the charges, saying Mr Obasanjo's mind was full of "the cobwebs of juju or occult".

The pair fell out when Mr Abubakar opposed the president's efforts to stay in office for a third term.

I am not afraid of such stupidity.

Olusegun Obasanjo

Mr Abubakar ran in last month's presidential elections as an opposition candidate, despite spirited efforts by Mr Obasanjo to stop him.

According to official results Mr Abubakar lost to the governing party's Umar Yar'Adua, who succeeds Mr Obasanjo as president next week.

'I will be president'

Speaking about the feud between him and his deputy on national television, Mr Obasanjo said Mr Abubakar had told a minister that he had been consulting a marabout (holy man).

President Obasanjo is standing down after two terms

The president said Mr Abubakar told the minister: "So the same marabout has told me that I will be President when this man (Obasanjo) dies and had given me a month that he will die, you better prepare."

Mr Obasanjo said the alleged comments showed his rival's "bankruptcy of ideas, bankruptcy of knowledge and lack of knowledge in God and the affairs of God on the lives of human beings".

He added: "If I will live for another 20 years, it is in the hands of God. I am not afraid of such stupidity. Of course, I know that you can be poisoned but if God wants to save you, you will be saved."

Mr Abubakar fell out with Mr Obasanjo after he publicly opposed attempts to change the constitution to give the president a third term.

'Smokescreen'

The vice-president who stands down next week with Mr Obasanjo dismissed the president's accusations as "bizarre and ludicrous".

"Unlike Obasanjo who uses Christianity as a smokescreen while engaged in occultism and diabolical acts, I am a devout Muslim who has always striven to live in accordance with the teachings of Islam," Mr Atiku fired back in a statement.

"The next occupant of the State House (presidential villa) will need to spiritually cleanse the presidential lodge to make it habitable for normal people.

"I don't believe in resorting to marabout and have never wished the president dead. Rather, it is the president who has been hell-bent on eliminating me politically and physically.

"By making public accusations of fetish acts against me, the president has exposed his own mindset as one that is covered in the cobwebs of juju or occult.

"It is on record that the president had never in the past denied his association with deadly secret societies."
Re: Now Its The Presidency Disgracing Nigeria And Taking Us back To The Juju Age by Has(m): 6:07pm On May 24, 2007
God will never forgive BABA and Atiku for painting Nigeria black to the outside word. We have heard enough let them go completely without any reservation.
Re: Now Its The Presidency Disgracing Nigeria And Taking Us back To The Juju Age by Pain(m): 6:16pm On May 24, 2007
What A Show Of Shame.
Re: Now Its The Presidency Disgracing Nigeria And Taking Us back To The Juju Age by Bankole01(m): 6:23pm On May 24, 2007
Its not new that Nigeria's elites irrespective of tribe and tongue are dyed in the wool occultists.

Obasanjo is an ogboni like many of his friends in the South West. The SE elites all bow down down to fetist gods in the okija shrine, Northerners use child rituals, marabouts, etc, while pretending to be devout muslims.

Nigeria is awash with cultism. Look at our schools and offices. Poeple will kill one another for money, jobs, boy friends(husbands) etc.

Like I always tell my sister, babalawo has to eat, that is why we have all these fools running from tin to wood to save them from themselves.
Re: Now Its The Presidency Disgracing Nigeria And Taking Us back To The Juju Age by BigB11(m): 6:27pm On May 24, 2007
Blemish, dishonor, degradation, decadence, ridiculous, humiliation, incognizant, hollowness, uninformed and absolutely nothing to write home about.

Praise God it is finally about to be over.
Re: Now Its The Presidency Disgracing Nigeria And Taking Us back To The Juju Age by Colonia(m): 1:09pm On May 25, 2007
FYI, JuJu age never left Nigeria before!!!! Strange things happen here a lot.
Re: Now Its The Presidency Disgracing Nigeria And Taking Us back To The Juju Age by angel101(f): 1:47pm On May 25, 2007
embarassed cry cry
Re: Now Its The Presidency Disgracing Nigeria And Taking Us back To The Juju Age by ono(m): 1:59pm On May 25, 2007
What a piece of disturbing story about our Nigerian ''leaders''.

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do As Nigeria's Supreme Leader? / After 4 Years / Anti-corruption -all Noise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.