Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started (32544 Views)

Man Slumps & Dies At Bank In Delta After Waiting Several Hours To Withdraw Cash / Goats, Chickens, Fabrics Roast In Asaba Market Fire / Benin Ekiosa Market Fire: Thieves Return Stolen Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by LyfeJennings(m): 10:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
So ashamed to be a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by largeman4u(m): 10:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
This is so sad. So many traders will be counting their loses now. God help us

1 Like

Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Dredgemaster(m): 10:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
drlaykay:
Many times this fire is put up by the business owners themselves or their boys once they make a budget they can't account for.
Because generally, fire incidence has reduced drastically. Or what else
explains the business places that get razed recurrently and homes aren't
. Your proof?
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by LyfeJennings(m): 10:58pm On Nov 05, 2019
nwamabo247:
nawa fire service make una do something please forgive me if i can help myself i wont be begging for help.PLEASE nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with with tetraplegic spinal cord injure.no source of income because my fingers are partialy afected i have been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and litle medications,buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation center for the disables that can acept my kind condition. thanks and GOD BLESS. more details.see my signature below

God is your strength brother
Help is coming your way
I can't promise anything at the moment but please kindly comment on any of my post in a week or 2
No worry
Miracle go happen for Ur life
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Queenserah26(f): 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2019
So sad
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by TGM2015: 11:05pm On Nov 05, 2019
Crofton:
Lol, And here I was thinking Lagos is far ahead of other states .

The underdevelopment seems the be evenly shared across the Country .
For a fire of that level to raze for over 8 hours and you can still see the building standing without affecting the surrounding, then the Fire Fighters should be given a great, I mean GREAT, accolade.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Should: 11:10pm On Nov 05, 2019
Lordjb:
it's Beach and not bitch grin
Lordjb is that you?
my Bbnaija comrade..
I'm GrammerNazi' alternate,
so, I'm fully aware of what I wrote....

2 Likes

Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by HallaDaTruth: 11:14pm On Nov 05, 2019
cool

Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by jaxxy(m): 11:23pm On Nov 05, 2019
What was the response time of the fire fighters and why wasn’t the fire put out after several hours?

I think our fire service department are sleeping or in serious slumber.
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Edge1(m): 11:34pm On Nov 05, 2019
Luckysbab:
The report said they have been on it, not didn't show up, like in Onitsha.

Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Ajgal10(f): 11:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
Crofton:

I am an eyewitness and the fire service did their best, only one major angle to attack from, there are no access routes for their trucks to control from the other direction so the focus on one side. I have seen them utilize over 8trips of water or more. The more they tried, the more the fire increased. At this point we need Advanced fire fighting technology.

4 Likes

Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Sirwallace(m): 12:04am On Nov 06, 2019
Should:
When it happened at Onitsha, they said Lagos housed the Headquarters to;
Fire Service
Water service
EleGucci bítch
Hydro power bank..

Modified; God help and restore to those whose resources were damaged!

I saw it on channels this evening. And as a matter of fact, the lagos state emergency agency (LASEMA) team are already in the SCENE quenching it at that time. The LASEMA boss claimed that the shop owners store petrols, chemicals and keep generators in the building which keep elevating the fire.

they are not waiting for another state to step up before they act.
They did not complain of faulty fire fighters vehicles as they took charge of the situation preventing it to spread to other building like it happened in the erosion ridden part of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Luckysbab: 12:22am On Nov 06, 2019
[quote author=Edge1 post=83776842][/quote]

tongue
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Chummynoni(m): 12:39am On Nov 06, 2019
a o ni ri ogun ina mo oo .may God epp us
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by GGirll: 1:02am On Nov 06, 2019
Adakintroy2:
Lagos is a very shitty place to be honest. Everything is siting on hype.

Dirty mainland with dirty potholes laden streets.

You need to see some place in ikoyi, lekki or ajah when it's raining. Am like is this the "island" them no want let me heAR word?.. You can keep it!

Dirty bus, dirty donfos. Toxic atmosphere with smokes flair from dirty bus..such a sick place. Come to your huz to sleep and the next thing is public speaking ringing ALLAHHHH!!..WANKUBARO..In your hear. Can't sleep can't stay awake.

Agberos, police, lasMA all at the same time want to feast on your little income.

You are so on point very frustrating state lol

1 Like

Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by PearlStreet(m): 1:14am On Nov 06, 2019
Should:
When it happened at Onitsha, they said Lagos housed the Headquarters to;
Fire Service
Water service
EleGucci bítch
Hydro power bank..

Modified; God help and restore to those whose resources were damaged!

Did Lagos beg other states to get them firefighters because they elected an idiot as their Governor like those in Onitsha did?

Misery loves company, go and look for other unfortunate states ruled by idiots to compare. Lagos no be una mate.

1 Like

Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by StevenOba: 1:44am On Nov 06, 2019
The firemen are MVP's the fact that buildings nearby are not up in flames is commendable.
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Nobody: 2:20am On Nov 06, 2019
I am in a financial distress and want any help no matter how little. I am in a mess now . I need a token of support from Nairalanders with good intentions. nothing would be too small Please.
Polaris Bank
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by tegrianonigltd(m): 3:44am On Nov 06, 2019
okorotalkative:
God help us for this country.

lol lagosian like to console themselves with that bullshít story. na lagosian dey suffer pass if you know you know.

Is one of the most dirtiest cities in the world, even the so called Lekki na dirty
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by SendAbroad: 5:46am On Nov 06, 2019
Seems someone is targeting a shopping mall for the area.
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Nobody: 5:51am On Nov 06, 2019
Igbo

Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by SendAbroad: 5:57am On Nov 06, 2019
TRADEMARK:
I am in a financial distress and want any help no matter how little. I am in a mess now . I need a token of support from Nairalanders with good intentions. nothing would be too small Please.
Polaris Bank

Rather than beg online, you can go and offer carriage services at markets...you get paid and collect your money with pride.
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Raskasal(m): 6:06am On Nov 06, 2019
Èèyàh... The structures built on Lagos Island won't make it easy for fire fighters to access the affected part of building. Their building na bumper to bumper

2 Likes

Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by princemillla(m): 6:18am On Nov 06, 2019
Crofton:

Ur lots think from anus. That fire is on a 8 to 10 storey building. Even in London it took them some hours to put such fire out.

Mind you the fire outbreak was on two different location same day. The one posted and the other one on a 3rd storey building which was out out almost immediately.
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by princemillla(m): 6:21am On Nov 06, 2019
tegrianonigltd:

Is one of the most dirtiest cities in the world, even the so called Lekki na dirty

Yes u are right. Swear it that uve never defaced it by throwing things on the floor.

Most of this people that claim one city is dirty are still the same set of people that Wil eat gala, drink lacasera and throw the pack on the road.
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by meccuno: 6:26am On Nov 06, 2019
sencekompis:

TELL ME U R AN IBO FELLOW..... WE NEED NO BIGOT IN EKO.
for you to evenmention his tribe shows you are a bigot too.
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Centcanada: 7:00am On Nov 06, 2019
The issue of market always engulf with fire is so alarming. What is going on Lagos state? Is this the new method of telling shop owns to leave the ground that renovation want to take place? Some years ago it was Yaba market(Tejuosho) and yesterday it was balogun market. Who knows the market that will be next? Why all these wickedness? People are crying that things is very difficult on them and now their little business they sustained with their families got burn without the so called government doing anything until goods worth billions of naira got burnt. Government are the problem of the masses and there is no two ways about it. Quote me right. Any man or woman that has business at that market and it got burn and there is no other way of moving forward will resort to criminality just to survive. Nigeria is really sinking! People in power are full of evil mind. God save us.
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Lordjb: 7:10am On Nov 06, 2019
Should:

Lordjb is that you?
my Bbnaija comrade..
I'm GrammerNazi' alternate,
so, I'm fully aware of what I wrote....
haha I see... Well, it's me oh long time no see cheesy
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Revolva(m): 7:39am On Nov 06, 2019
Adakintroy2:
Lagos is a very shitty place to be honest. Everything is siting on hype.

Dirty mainland with dirty potholes laden streets.

You need to see some place in ikoyi, lekki or ajah when it's raining. Am like is this the "island" them no want let me heAR word?.. You can keep it!

Dirty bus, dirty donfos. Toxic atmosphere with smokes flair from dirty bus..such a sick place. Come to your huz to sleep and the next thing is public speaking ringing ALLAHHHH!!..WANKUBARO..In your hear. Can't sleep can't stay awake.

Agberos, police, lasMA all at the same time want to feast on your little income.

That is why it's called a city even new York City , London and other top cities worldwide goes though tooo much polution and hustle n bustle

The only problem with Nigerian cities is inadequate In frastructure ok ok bad roads network ..

Lagos is the best place to hustle and be ...I can't cope with other part of Nigeria it's look uncivilized

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need A Loan From Micro-Finance Banks / Retailers: Why We Can't Sell BUA Cement At N3,500 / Photos: Aliko Dangote Celebrate Salah On His Yatch With Femi Otedola And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.