Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,745 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started (32539 Views)

Man Slumps & Dies At Bank In Delta After Waiting Several Hours To Withdraw Cash / Goats, Chickens, Fabrics Roast In Asaba Market Fire / Benin Ekiosa Market Fire: Thieves Return Stolen Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by mindtricks: 7:42am On Nov 06, 2019
okorotalkative:
God help us for this country.

lol lagosian like to console themselves with that bullshít story. na lagosian dey suffer pass if you know you know.

Why all this comparison? It is completely unnecessary. Nigeria's leaders have generally been known to be irresponsible, whether they come from the East or the West.
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by mrwonlasewonie: 7:52am On Nov 06, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:
So what is causing these fires?
it's arson.some insiders internationally do it
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by drlaykay(m): 7:57am On Nov 06, 2019
Dredgemaster:
. Your proof?
Common sense
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Adakintroy2: 9:14am On Nov 06, 2019
Revolva:

That is why it's called a city even new York City , London and other top cities worldwide goes though tooo much polution and hustle n bustle

The only problem with Nigerian cities is inadequate In frastructure ok ok bad roads network ..

Lagos is the best place to hustle and be ...I can't cope with other part of Nigeria it's look uncivilized

. The reference is not towards hussle alone. Life requires balance. You mentioned new york. Yes aside hussling its also well regulated and there are no churches and mosque with public speakers screaming down one hear when trying to sleep.

the roads are not riddle with potholes with dead end trafficks. Nor the prime estates in sub. Urban are mini- streams when it rains. With the internal revenue alone lagos is generating they should be doing more. Don't make. Not to mention they are the darling of the federation goverment. All the top parastatals are sitting there. The roads especially should be top notch. The place is an eyesaw.

II have seen place like akwa.ibom submitted far better roads networks relatively to this.
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by tegrianonigltd(m): 9:19am On Nov 06, 2019
princemillla:

Yes u are right. Swear it that uve never defaced it by throwing things on the floor.

Most of this people that claim one city is dirty are still the same set of people that Wil eat gala, drink lacasera and throw the pack on the road.

I don’t live in Lagos and here in UK, The place neat, so for you to throw something self go fear you.
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Reference(m): 9:33am On Nov 06, 2019
Ajgal10:

I am an eyewitness and the fire service did their best, only one major angle to attack from, there are no access routes for their trucks to control from the other direction so the focus on one side. I have seen them utilize over 8trips of water or more. The more they tried, the more the fire increased. At this point we need Advanced fire fighting technology.

And experience too. When water is poured on a fire and instead of subsiding it either increases or spreads then it must either be a chemical fire or petroleum/solvent fire.

Certain chemicals will feed fires with either oxygen extracted from the water or engage in violent exothermic reactions to raise the temperature of the fires.

Solvents or petroleum products are lighter than water and will simply float and continue burning if present in quantity. Most solvent fires are not put out but merely left to burn themselves out under controlled conditions which if I am permitted to speculate, I assume this is what happened in Lagos.

That building probably had a stockpile of volatile chemicals or spirits. Water cannot do much more than keep the adjoining buildings cool to prevent a spread.
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by cejaypriesty(m): 11:25am On Nov 06, 2019
Adakintroy2:
Lagos is a very shitty place to be honest. Everything is siting on hype.

Dirty mainland with dirty potholes laden streets.

You need to see some place in ikoyi, lekki or ajah when it's raining. Am like is this the "island" them no want let me heAR word?.. You can keep it!

Dirty bus, dirty donfos. Toxic atmosphere with smokes flair from dirty bus..such a sick place. Come to your huz to sleep and the next thing is public speaker ringing ALLAHHHH!!..WANKUBARO..In your hear. Can't sleep can't stay awake.

Agberos, police, lasMA all at the same time want to feast on your little income.
Hahahahahaaa
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Revolva(m): 12:33pm On Nov 06, 2019
Adakintroy2:

. The reference is not towards hussle alone. Life requires balance. You mentioned new york. Yes aside hussling its also well regulated and there are no churches and mosque with public speakers screaming down one hear when trying to sleep.

the roads are not riddle with potholes with dead end trafficks. Nor the prime estates in sub. Urban are mini- streams when it rains. With the internal revenue alone lagos is generating they should be doing more. Don't make. Not to mention they are the darling of the federation goverment. All the top parastatals are sitting there. The roads especially should be top notch. The place is an eyesaw.

II have seen place like akwa.ibom submitted far better roads networks relatively to this.

Well said...bro that is why Nigeria is a shit hole place lol

Lagos planners did not plan for the population explotion when Lagos was good was in the early 60s

Now that every body has come to populate the city to hustle even the government can't do much to meet up
So many ills in the state so.many neglect ..it's pathetic bro but anyway I still like Lagos no matter what it makes me stronger

I can't go and reside in places like Abuja when am not a billionaire or millionaire yet na

Lemme hustle here oo n from here I go abroad to continue the search and develop more and more

To me other part of Nigeria apart from Lagos port Harcourt Abuja kano Jos kaduna onitsha are just way too behind

1 Like

Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Adakintroy2: 4:38pm On Nov 06, 2019
Revolva:

Well said...bro that is why Nigeria is a shit hole place lol

Lagos planners did not plan for the population explotion when Lagos was good was in the early 60s

Now that every body has come to populate the city to hustle even the government can't do much to meet up
So many ills in the state so.many neglect ..it's pathetic bro but anyway I still like Lagos no matter what it makes me stronger

I can't go and reside in places like Abuja when am not a billionaire or millionaire yet na

Lemme hustle here oo n from here I go abroad to continue the search and develop more and more

To me other part of Nigeria apart from Lagos port Harcourt Abuja kano Jos kaduna onitsha are just way too behind

Can't deny the part of UT making one stronger. Notice that about myself. But it's still too hectic. I don't think one need that much energy to pull through a common day. After close of work one have to battle traffic needeless.

My brother was in u.k he told me he can't believe how prompt and efficient the public transportation system is. 8clock train is 8 train.

With what Lagos is generating it should be at per or close to some of the top cities in Africa or the world at least. To me relative to what those state are earning Lagos is light yes behind in developement.

1 Like

Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by Revolva(m): 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2019
Adakintroy2:

Can't deny the part of UT making one stronger. Notice that about myself. But it's still too hectic. I don't think one need that much energy to pull through a common day. After close of work one have to battle traffic needeless.

My brother was in u.k he told me he can't believe how prompt and efficient the public transportation system is. 8clock train is 8 train.

With what Lagos is generating it should be at per or close to some of the top cities in Africa or the world at least. To me relative to what those state are earning Lagos is light yes behind in developement.

The only development here is skyskrapper all over the island and Atlantic City but the roads and transport system is not perfect

Imagine building a land train for ,8yrs now till now not yet completed
Abeg this naija Taya person
Re: Balogun Market Fire Continues Into The Night, Several Hours After It Started by nwamabo247(m): 9:03pm On Nov 26, 2019
LyfeJennings:

God is your strength brother
Help is coming your way
I can't promise anything at the moment but please kindly comment on any of my post in a week or 2
No worry
Miracle go happen for Ur life
this one or the ones in ur profile

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AMCON To Sell Peugeot To Dangote, Kaduna And Kebbi / How To Use Paypal In Nigeria / Meet Fewa Otedola, The Only Son Of Nigerian Billionaire Femi Otedola!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.