Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) (16807 Views)

An Open Letter To Education Minister Adamu On 2020 WASSCE By Olabisi Deji-foluti / Olabisi Onabanjo University(oou) 2018/2019 Admission / Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) 2017/2018 Admission List Is Finally Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by Dathommie(m): 11:14am On Nov 06, 2019
Exactly how my guy had to drop out of oou that year after paying acceptance fee, school fee, hostel fee and the rest summing up to about 280,000 as a fresher..

Somebody wey don dey go school and attend lecturers for about 2 and half months before them start issuance of matrix number

All because of missing matric number wey school management say dem no fit do anything about am na make my guy drop..cos no matric number, no result.... imagine just common matric number o... school say them no fit do anything about am

money dem no return back....e still dey pain me till today

That school na fraud no be today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by shagamite: 11:14am On Nov 06, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 06, 2019
Teebilion:

Shut the Bleep up
Bleep
Evidence that the school is not standard
Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by Akinsanyayemi2(m): 11:22am On Nov 06, 2019
I can bear witness to what you said. We did the same programme together (OOU &TASUED). I'll advice you to follow what this person said

My advise is for you to Forget about the Diploma result and transcript. Apply to any school of your choice without telling them you have diploma. Cos it's only schools that request for academic transcript. Stop putting your life at any risk traveling for any transcript please.

This is your guy SODIQ

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by wumade: 11:30am On Nov 06, 2019
We've been battling with this issue as well!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by hizzyairtel(m): 11:42am On Nov 06, 2019
Sue them man.
Let your lawyer write to them, a memorandum setting out claims, so that the know you intend to sue. And state clearly there what you're going to claim as direct and indirect damages.
P.S. People may tell you, you can't sue or fight governmental institutions, but don't be deterred. I've done this before and I'm telling you from experience.
My school failed to regularize my admission with JAMB, then I was told to pay 6k for regularization. I didn't pay and after writing so many letters they didn't do it. Until my lawyers stepped in, they wrote the Institution, setting out claims of 10 Million Naira in damages and backed up with documents and evidences.
Thanks to Tayo Oyetibo & Co. Chambers.
The school hurriedly did the needful under one week.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by Tydata: 11:50am On Nov 06, 2019
My brother, sorry oh! Some Nigerian Universities no dey try.. I almost lost a fully funded Scholarship offer due to negligence of my alma matta to provide my University Certificate in time. You need to see how I worried my VC and the school registrar before I could get it. Thanks to the New VC though for making all Application to be done online. Making it very easy to access any of your documents at the comfort of your home.
Elejire2014:
Fellow Nigerian students and fellow Nigerians. My name is Adigun Mojibade Nusirat an Ex student of Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) Ago Iwoye.

I enrolled for diploma programme in 2005/2006 session which I was admitted for 2 years programme which I finished in 2008 all dues fully paid and receipts intact.

I got my notification of result the same year I finished and it was converted to certificate few years after.

The same result was used to pursue my degree in Tai solairin university (TASUED) in year 2011 which I finished in 2014.

Presently I am trying to pursuit my master's to better my career opportunity.

On 7/12/2017 I requested for my transcript in both schools which I got the one for TASUED same day within few hours but reverse is the case with OOU, up till now I have not gotten it.
I have travelled more than 20 different occasions after which I involved 2 different counsel with different letters written to the school (all acknowledgement intact).

I was asked to pay #51,000 for the transcript which I did same day as I speak today 05/11/2019 I have spent over #600,000 on it and nothing positive has come out.

The school authorities said the WHOLE SESSION RECORDS CAN NOT BE FOUND I make an official report to VC and DVC with different letters (acknowledgement copies intact)

I did a programme of 2years just 4 semesters and it's taken another 2years to get my transcript,
I have forfeited 4 admissions due to non Challant and negligence of the school because I couldn't convert my certificate.

I implore those in authorities at different levels to come to my aid to make my dream come true, as we all know that education is the key to success.

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by opeyemi634: 11:52am On Nov 06, 2019
My friend also encountered this type of problem at OOU. This problem started far back as last year when we were both doing our clearance for the admission into higher degree program. She could not continue her admission clearance because OOU could not send her transcript. But as time goes on, she wrote 1st and 2nd semester exams without matric number hoping that OOU would send her transcript. But after her exams, she quite the program at UI because OOU could not trace her results and she graduated from OOU.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by ise82(m): 11:53am On Nov 06, 2019
Useless school ask me n I will tell ya.
Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by Teebilion: 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2019
Kittex7:

Bleep
Evidence that the school is not standard

More evidence that you don’t have sense

By the way , what school did you graduate from

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by wildchild1: 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2019
hustla:
Sebi una dey always call private unis secondary school, oya collect transcript from your original university na wey no be primary school na

Transcript wey I dey pay for and collect from inside my house within 2 weeks

Infact I can email my sch's registrar and ask him to mail any school in Canada for me as proof o that I studied in English language - just so I can avoid sitting for ielts

I can also ask that my transcript be sent to anywhere In the world and I'll have my tracking # within 48 hours, FedEx /DHL

Go better school, them no go gree, na to bash private school and glorify them suffering them Sabi

grin grin

Phool grin

You have said nothing but the truth. For most people who dont seek for knowledge, they tend to follow popular opinion that private schools are glorified secondary schools but for those that are open minded, it is very glaring that private universities are better than the public ones (especially the state owned institutions).
Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by hustla(m): 12:10pm On Nov 06, 2019
wildchild1:

Phool grin

You have said nothing but the truth. For most people who dont seek for knowledge, they tend to follow popular opinion that private schools are glorified secondary schools but for those that are open minded, it is very glaring that private universities are better than the public ones (especially the state owned institutions).

grin

Where my visa na
Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by rasmed: 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2019
your own is even transcript mine is certificate since 2006 they could not produce it. thank GOD i have photocopy of all courses l took then.

what a school without record.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by wildchild1: 12:31pm On Nov 06, 2019
hustla:

grin

Where my visa na

E Dey for embassy grin
Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by hustla(m): 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2019
wildchild1:

E Dey for embassy grin

angry
Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by smithbidy(m): 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2019
Elejire2014:
Fellow Nigerian students and fellow Nigerians. My name is Adigun Mojibade Nusirat an Ex student of Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) Ago Iwoye.

I enrolled for diploma programme in 2005/2006 session which I was admitted for 2 years programme which I finished in 2008 all dues fully paid and receipts intact.

I got my notification of result the same year I finished and it was converted to certificate few years after.

The same result was used to pursue my degree in Tai solairin university (TASUED) in year 2011 which I finished in 2014.

Presently I am trying to pursuit my master's to better my career opportunity.

On 7/12/2017 I requested for my transcript in both schools which I got the one for TASUED same day within few hours but reverse is the case with OOU, up till now I have not gotten it.
I have travelled more than 20 different occasions after which I involved 2 different counsel with different letters written to the school (all acknowledgement intact).

I was asked to pay #51,000 for the transcript which I did same day as I speak today 05/11/2019 I have spent over #600,000 on it and nothing positive has come out.

The school authorities said the WHOLE SESSION RECORDS CAN NOT BE FOUND I make an official report to VC and DVC with different letters (acknowledgement copies intact)

I did a programme of 2years just 4 semesters and it's taken another 2years to get my transcript,
I have forfeited 4 admissions due to non Challant and negligence of the school because I couldn't convert my certificate.

I implore those in authorities at different levels to come to my aid to make my dream come true, as we all know that education is the key to success.

I can't remember acknowledging OOU a university of reckoning in Ogun state. They are full of shit...... All hail Tai Solarin University of Education, bless all hail Professor Arigbabu.. May God bless you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by sexysage(m): 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2019
Realist5:
After paying exorbitant school fees they still exploit you to pay such amount of money for a mere transcript. Haba! It simply means that the glorified structure called school (OOU) has no reputation only if you're saying the truth o.
My advise is for you to Forget about the Diploma result and transcript. Apply to any school of your choice without telling them you have diploma. Cos it's only schools that request for academic transcript. Stop putting your life at any risk traveling for any transcript please.

But In my school, Academic transcript is just #2,000 for A
degree program while you pay 1k for diploma.

Bro you could save yourself of the stress self. I usually get mine at the end of every session @ zero cost.

I've gotten that if two session

The database system at Buk is one of the best. They're trying in the little way they can here.

I Rep Bayero University, Kano.

1 Like

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by elijah101(m): 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2019
NA Ups my school take send my transcript come my house .. express shipping .. go private school .. you say na public you wan go ... wedon sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by Cpro: 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2019
The question is What Can Be done to resolve the matter raised?

If only people making comments know what Graduates are going through or have gone through, people here will profer solutions for all concerned...

It's Horrible... Words can't describe it

Please if you know what can be done to help hundreds to thousands of oou/osu students please help

Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by afilaka(f): 2:26pm On Nov 06, 2019
I graduated from this school,just to avoid stories like this,i requested for my transcript the same year i graduated,got it less than 2weeks after request. This is for those that just graduated, do the needful and dont wait till wen u wld need it.

1 Like

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by acorntree(m): 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2019
Cpro:
The question is What Can Be done to resolve the matter raised?

If only people making comments know what Graduates are going through or have gone through, people here will profer solutions for all concerned...

It's Horrible... Words can't describe it

Please if you know what can be done to help hundreds to thousands of oou/osu students please help

Thanks

The only option is to go to private institutions. No techniques or recommendations will work once it is public institutions. To avoid this kind of situations make provision for any child you will be bring to this world. Those in government don't understand anything about good governance and consequences of these is what every citizens who still relies on government for basic things of life such as good health, good education etc will surely face this kind of embarrassment or unspeakable experience. Those workers in that public institutions are just transferring aggression since most of them are not treated well by the government. So this kind of situation will never cease till governments are ready to treat their citizens well and see them as their greatest asset. So keep enduring or make alternative provision for your education etc.

OP the only option left for you is to seek the help of the VC or any powerful politician in Ogun state. Once the order is from above they will do the necessary thing else sorry is your case. you're even lucky that its diploma transcript you're seeking. I knew someone who wasted five years of his life for bsc part-time (CESAP) programme that did not even gotten the result talk less of seeking for transcript.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by opeyemi634: 2:53pm On Nov 06, 2019
OOU students that came for their master at University of Ibadan could not proceed because of this problem. Nawa for OOU ooo
Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by TGM2015: 3:19pm On Nov 06, 2019
@Elejire2014
Seems you are not alone on this, you just need to hope that you academic records has not been lost as incident cited by Obliganta. N600k, is a huge amount, please stop spending money, except they denied that the certificate you hold is not issued by them, they have no option than to produce your transcript. Seriously, N600k and 2 years is enough to prosecute your case in court of law. Please keep intact all receipts, acknowledgements and records. You may scan them to online storage.

Please, how much is the cost of obtaining transcript from TASUED? Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by bayo62891(m): 3:28pm On Nov 06, 2019
Hello all,

This is not funny at all. my wife is also facing same issue. she did diploma in Marketing in OOU and finished in the year 2002. The school cannot find a whole year semester. We need to sue this school in group and involve the press.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by shagamite: 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2019
smithbidy:

I can't remember acknowledging OOU a university of reckoning in Ogun state. They are full of shit...... All hail Tai Solarin University of Education, bless all hail Professor Arigbabu.. May God bless you
grin
smithbidy:

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by Haryoureendey4(m): 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2019
hustla:
Sebi una dey always call private unis secondary school, oya collect transcript from your original university na wey no be primary school na

Transcript wey I dey pay for and collect from inside my house within 2 weeks

Infact I can email my sch's registrar and ask him to mail any school in Canada for me as proof o that I studied in English language - just so I can avoid sitting for ielts

I can also ask that my transcript be sent to anywhere In the world and I'll have my tracking # within 48 hours, FedEx /DHL

Go better school, them no go gree, na to bash private school and glorify them suffering them Sabi

grin grin
Smh sad sad sad I can see true true dat u attend private school with ur quack grammars
Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by lailo: 5:20pm On Nov 06, 2019
After bringing it to the public,it may even be more difficult to obtain again.
Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by electricpole(m): 5:38pm On Nov 06, 2019
i finished from there in 2014 and i ve my transcript 2002 is way back and i think its an issue with your respective departments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by CioAngels(f): 5:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
Oh, my dear, OOU, is that still a school, so sad if they still doing what best they know how to do. That school was the best in the West those days until the present management took over. They are not ashamed to say they cant find the documents. My daughter was in that school on part time mass com (cesap) a five year programme but sent seven year, another five year to collect statement of result because they practically did not keeps records of the students exam papers and another two year to collect result which resulted to many of them loosing their jobs. It was a situation of let my people go after the case was reported to punch news paper which was the reason the result and certificate came out with many got pass, third class because school authority did not keep students exams records. Some exam sheets were found with groundnut seller without recording it. All those programmes are purely conduit pipes. Dont sit down believe you will get it, like others said, follow them legally.

1 Like

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by MrCaesar: 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2019
Take them to court and make sure you request for 30 billion as damages

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by HowDareU: 6:53pm On Nov 06, 2019
Yeye school. I did Diploma in Marketing in the 2001/2003 session. After I collected my original certificate, I did not bother going back there. OP, do not give up, OK?
Re: Non Issuance Of Transcript By Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 06, 2019
Teebilion:

More evidence that you don’t have sense

By the way , what school did you graduate from
You just showed the world that you are an Educated Illiterate.. Chai
Phuck off

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ten (10) Type Of Student You Meet Among Higher Institution Freshers / Adeyemi College Of Education, Ondo Is On Fire (Photos) / Best Waec Result In Nigeria's History... (PHOTO!!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.