Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him (28132 Views)

See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) / Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) / Which Nigerian Local Rice Brand Is The Best ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by YungMillionaire: 4:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
grin grin If dey call journalists now, even this 1 will stand up grin grin Out of all the good local rice brands, he went and select road side pan rice to get 5 seconds of fame on twitter...oloriburuku omo ale. Please who knows his address, I want to go and flog him grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by batstan(m): 4:32pm On Nov 06, 2019
We insult ourselves on social media and drag our country in mud but cry wolf, if our words resonate.
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Wagasigiungu(m): 4:33pm On Nov 06, 2019
The guy wan use beans water wash and cook rice. I dey reason with am sha. Me self been dey do so back in days wen all men still dey huzzle for hostel. Ẹ dey make d jollof rice and beans sweet wella. But I no knw why e think say Nigerians na mumu dem be. D guy don buy marhljet wey ẹ no go ever fit pay finish for frm Nigerian twitterers. Lolz

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Dinopeper: 4:35pm On Nov 06, 2019
We don't appreciate our own food, kindly check health benefits of brown rice and you will change your mind set about naija brown rice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by ogbuefi677(m): 4:36pm On Nov 06, 2019
donprinyo:
So many things wrong with nigerians head. So its ok to sell sub standard products? Our people like shooting de messenger and not de message. U people should continue dying in silence, as for me i no send una.
You are trying hard to sound very foolish.
As with all goods all over the world, there are different grades/qualities for their different prices.
I've been cooking only local rice since 19yrs ago I started living on my own and I've never met stone.Just few chaff that you can decant with water while washing d rice.
Dude probably bought from those who sourced from the local clusters where they have only the crudest milling machine and no destoning machine.

6 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by kayusely70(m): 4:38pm On Nov 06, 2019
It is not unlikely he was commissioned by foreign rice producers and or rice smugglers to do a dirty job on our rice

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by delejoye: 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2019
our local rice is far more nutritious than those imported plastic rice that will require a whole lot of ingredient to come alive but Nigeria rice has this special kind of aroma and freshness just a little ingredient you will bite your tongue. I am an advocate of local content and local patronage to boost our revenue and create job opportunity for our teeming youth. Must we import everything and anything that we are not even sure of the making process and kill our own industries? The border shall remain closed until the needed infrastructural and monetary attention is channeled on rice production and other important agricultural produce no going back on this.

3 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by BlueAir: 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2019
Examples of tge better brands? If processed and packaged pls
Mariangeles:
The guy is silly.
There are better brands with cleaner rice he could have bought from, instead he chose to buy from a local farmer and had the nerve to complain . undecided
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Ayodelejohn2018(m): 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2019
And u r d only shit in it

As for me am nt complete without exploring it a day
People like u r d only shit we have here

And if u dont mind u can gently take a bow

Factfinder1:

Nairaland was originally a shithole
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2019
Mariangeles:
The guy is silly.
There are better brands with cleaner rice he could have bought from, instead he chose to buy from a local farmer and had the nerve to complain . undecided
hypocrite! if dem keep foreign and local rice, which one you go take?

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by merits(m): 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2019
If we don't celebrate 9ja,who will celebrate us.God bless Nigeria,Ged bless Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by ajl: 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2019
donprinyo:
So many things wrong with nigerians head. So its ok to sell sub standard products? Our people like shooting de messenger and not de message. U people should continue dying in silence, as for me i no send una.

Yes, okay to check sub-standard products but he did a poor journalism job. You dont present a single low quality product as if all rice are like that. He should have at least compared 2 to 3 different quality rice and also state the price. Then with a statement to indicate more need to be done to ensure only quality rice get to the market. That is good journalism. For example, his tweet can be picked up by foreigners wanting to import Nigeria rice for example .... you never know.. just saying... branding is important... that's what is killing Africa, especially Nigeria. Come to America, there is a lot of bad things happening here but they have branded their country as "heaven" on earth until you get there.

6 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by KrystosCJ(m): 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2019
Fisayo Soyombo embodies the soul of many NL peeps who relish in reporting what is bad in Nigeria like a Pharisee rather than for educative or reformative purposes.

Tomorrow you will see him in a foreign supermarket buying foreign rice.

I'm not so much interested in his brand of journalism. Kiki did something similar, as a thorough investigative journalist similar to what the guys in VICE do, and she was blasted for it. But she did not allow the praise get to her head nor the boos disillusion her.

Does he even look like someone that knows how or where to buy quality Nigerian rice?

2 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Timileyin1234(m): 4:43pm On Nov 06, 2019
ursullalinda:
I blame am.....smh....local is sweet and very nutritious
Sweet indeed. The one I have been eating or another one

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Kingluqman(m): 4:44pm On Nov 06, 2019
Good Nigerian rice dey for market and we get China and Aba made Nigerian rice also

grin

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by nonjebose(m): 4:44pm On Nov 06, 2019
It's even amusing seeing try to defend his initial gaffe. So many Nigerian rice in the market. He sure does not know how to buy rice in the market

2 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Mariangeles(f): 4:45pm On Nov 06, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

hypocrite! if dem keep foreign and local rice, which one you go take?
You dey crase !
Of course, I'd go for local rice because I'm sure it's natural and a healthier choice

3 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by baratech: 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2019
But the rice is truly dirty, with stones.... We can do better and clean it up.....
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Reference(m): 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2019
While I am pro Nigeria in products I also welcome criticism from folks like him. The rice he bought should not be sold to the end user/consumer but to a processing mill where it can be enhanced and fortified. A value chain is the only way industry can be created out of agriculture. We must all strive for excellence and view the world as our ultimate competition.

The culture of subsistence agriculture should be gradually wound down by stick and carrot and a new set of industries created which will collate farm produce and turn them into supermarket shelf offerings. Value chains and product processing is ths only way farmers can get stable income and investment into their businesses. Investment that ultimately Nigeria needs to achieve food security.

You can imagine the number of jobs that will be created if that rice he displays is processed and packaged properly and how much value it will accrue to Nigeria.
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Alexgeneration(m): 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2019
Mariangeles:
The guy is silly.
He is silly for complaining about the substandard rice that your country men sold to him in the guise of trying to grow your economy that has been rubbished and decimated by your elites?

Nobody should be forced nor manipulated to part with their hard earned money to buy substandard goods.
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Mariangeles(f): 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2019
BlueAir:
Examples of tge better brands? If processed and packaged pls
The brand I'm currently on is called BIG BULL.
It's very tasty, it's non sticky ( especially after you parboil)
Try it.
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2019
Mariangeles:

You dey crase !
Of course, I'd go for local rice because I'm sure it's natural and a healthier choice
oya make them allow both rice for market make we see the one when sell pass. Nigerians will prefer to even pay 5k extra for the foreign rice.

healthier? we when never taste local any day so don die? apart from fever, I don't remember treating any other sicknesses since birth. abi na foreign rice give me fever
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Ryan03(f): 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2019
praiseneo:
So suddenly the word clout start to de reign within 3 months
I nor even know the word before grin
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by goldman777: 4:54pm On Nov 06, 2019
Nigeria might soon start exporting rice especially rich unadulterated organic rice safer than their Asian counter parts cool
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by mmsen: 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
Mariangeles:
The guy is silly.

I've been eating local rice (or at least they claim it is). It's been fine. Better than the Asian rice that sits in a warehouse for two years before arriving in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Jaqenhghar: 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
donprinyo:
Gbam. Best option. You go tire for thw8ir matter
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Reference(m): 4:56pm On Nov 06, 2019
ajl:

Yes, okay to check sub-standard products but he did a poor journalism job. You dont present a single low quality product as if all rice are like that. He should have at least compared 2 to 3 different quality rice and also state the price. Then with a statement to indicate more need to be done to ensure only quality rice get to the market. That is good journalism. For example, his tweet can be picked up by foreigners wanting to import Nigeria rice for example .... you never know.. just saying... branding is important... that's what is killing Africa, especially Nigeria. Come to America, there is a lot of bad things happening here but they have branded their country as "heaven" on earth until you get there.

You cannot blame him. Someone sold him that rice...or as rice. It should not be permitted. The Ministry of Agriculture in conjunction with SON or NAFDAC should set stamdards and lay down rules on what can be sold to whom.

Any pioneering program of government anywhere in tje world open to exploitation will always have problems if the regulations are not set in play before such programs are rolled out. That is my criticism of the border closure as a policy to triggering a rice revolution.

Government has to think through the entire process and put in place programs and policies that will ensure the right results are delivered. If not it is just a natter of time before unsavoury Nigerians begin to sell 'edible malware'.
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2019
merits:
If we don't celebrate 9ja,who will celebrate us.God bless Nigeria,Ged bless Buhari.
you don't need to celebrate mediocrity just because you want to celebrate niaja. all the big economies didn't get there by becoming hypocrite
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Duggedised12(f): 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2019
Local rice is being re-bagged as foreign rice in my area. The quality is high yet Nigerians in their criminal minds will always look for a ways to short change the next person angry
Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by grandstar(m): 4:59pm On Nov 06, 2019
Nigerian rice is actually quite tasty is milled right.

The real problem is that it is expensive! And will remain that way because the country lacks comparative advantage in its production

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 06, 2019
dirty filthy Afonja calling our local rice dirty, does he think wearing a suit makes him civilized, look at his grizzly beard. angry

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him by xjiggy: 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2019
He is basking in his new found fame. It's better to wash dust of my local rice than that whitish chemical we wash from the foreign rice. For his information, Coscharis is selling clean, well milled rice

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Consumes N328 Billion Worth Of Beef Annually – Govt / See The Carrots & Onions I Bought For N400 In Asaba This Morning (Photos) / How To Make Coconut Oil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.