Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,828 members, 7,813,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions (15687 Views)

Learn How To Treat Your Skin The Natural Way For Free Here. / Natural Remedies To Get Flawless Glowing Skin / Darkening Of The Lips - Causes & Remedies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by KinkyA: 12:00pm On Dec 07, 2010
Ejadamen:

shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry You're the first one I've heard of who does that. Yuck!

This kinky apothecary babe is not serious,IMO. I have seen her blog and I'm a fan of her page on facebook. I left 2 messages on her FB page and on her gmail account requesting for products available and prices more than a week and a half ago. No reply angry I even informed her I don't live in Lagos,still no reply angry Well hope her show goes well.

Ejadamen, I have responded to you directly on FB, but for the benefit of everyone else, The Kinky Apothecary was started as a side job to help out people in Lagos who have no access to products here. This is in addition to my full time 12-hour a day job which I cannot quit yet as The Apothecary has not reached that stage. As a result, it does sometimes take me a couple of days to get back to people, if I am to give them a proper, and not rushed, response. Additionally, I apologize frequently on the FB page about the fact that I receive no notifications from it, and therefore often miss messages. It is always a lot quicker to contact me by email (which you say you did, however I have received no message from you, unless it is under a different name). I did, however, respond to your query on the FB page, sending you my email address and asked you to drop me a line so that we could discuss your needs. Looking at the dates of my response to your comment, and the nairaland complaint, my response came first. I don't believe I have heard from you since.

As an aside, The Kinky Apothecary has developed a huge customer base in the few months since I started it. I get orders out within days of receiving them, and despite the fact that my main focus is in Lagos for now, I have done successful deliveries to Abj and PH in the past, and most recently to Maiduguri. For the most part, my customers are happy with my service- a few of whom have posted on the FB page. Of course, some customers have had issues, and those who have tell me directly and I do whatever I can to compensate them for that.

Apologies again for the delay in responding to your post on the FB page and the distress it seems to have caused. I hope you have since been able to sort out your hair issues.

To anyone else who may want to contact me, you may do so by sending me an email directly to kinky.apothecary@gmail.com. Again, I do not receive FB notifications for the page, and so comments on there may go unanswered for a while.

Inked_Nerd:

Ok, I have contacted her. Hopefully she'll reply to the message that I sent her.

Inked_Nerd, thank you for promoting The Kinky Apothecary. It is much appreciated. However, how did you contact me yesterday? I have received no new emails with requests for orders or information. Just want to ensure you have the right address. Again it is kinky.apothecary@gmail.com.

Thanks all!
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by bkbabe97y(m): 2:52pm On Dec 07, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Busy doin' what wreaking havoc. Leave my Ibo men alone angry

Hehehe, you already know what my plans are for New Years. I'm gonna be with a sexy Ghanaian, getting crazy. 

^^^Honestly, u got no taste. . . . . ^^^^lol
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by InkedNerd(f): 6:35pm On Dec 07, 2010
Kinky A:

Ejadamen, I have responded to you directly on FB, but for the benefit of everyone else, The Kinky Apothecary was started as a side job to help out people in Lagos who have no access to products here. This is in addition to my full time 12-hour a day job which I cannot quit yet as The Apothecary has not reached that stage. As a result, it does sometimes take me a couple of days to get back to people, if I am to give them a proper, and not rushed, response. Additionally, I apologize frequently on the FB page about the fact that I receive no notifications from it, and therefore often miss messages. It is always a lot quicker to contact me by email (which you say you did, however I have received no message from you, unless it is under a different name). I did, however, respond to your query on the FB page, sending you my email address and asked you to drop me a line so that we could discuss your needs. Looking at the dates of my response to your comment, and the nairaland complaint, my response came first. I don't believe I have heard from you since.

As an aside, The Kinky Apothecary has developed a huge customer base in the few months since I started it. I get orders out within days of receiving them, and despite the fact that my main focus is in Lagos for now, I have done successful deliveries to Abj and PH in the past, and most recently to Maiduguri. For the most part, my customers are happy with my service- a few of whom have posted on the FB page. Of course, some customers have had issues, and those who have tell me directly and I do whatever I can to compensate them for that.

Apologies again for the delay in responding to your post on the FB page and the distress it seems to have caused. I hope you have since been able to sort out your hair issues.

To anyone else who may want to contact me, you may do so by sending me an email directly to kinky.apothecary@gmail.com. Again, I do not receive FB notifications for the page, and so comments on there may go unanswered for a while.

Inked_Nerd, thank you for promoting The Kinky Apothecary. It is much appreciated. However, how did you contact me yesterday? I have received no new emails with requests for orders or information. Just want to ensure you have the right address. Again it is kinky.apothecary@gmail.com.

Thanks all!

Oh wow, I can't believe your on Nairaland!!! There is no need to thank me. I love supporting Nigerian owned businesses. We all need to support one another and do whatever we can to further ourselves as Nigerians. I think your business is a wonderful idea. And yes, I contacted you but I was having a bit of a problem sending the e-mail. Eventually, I got a message saying that the message was sent. Perhaps the message was wrong? Anyway, I'll contact you again if Ejadamen is still unable to reach you. By the way, I hope your event on Sunday was a success. I was trying to spread the word as much as possible wink

bk.babe97y:

^^^Honestly, u got no taste. . . . . ^^^^lol

Jealous much? Your not even Nigerian [or from any other African country] for goodness sakes, so why is there so much animosity towards my Ibo and Ghanaian brothers?!?! And for your information, I have EXCELLENT taste in men, that's why I haven't let you come anywhere near me grin
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by Ejadamen(f): 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2010
Kinky A:

Thanks all!
I believe we're cool now.

@ Inked,thanks wink
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by InkedNerd(f): 7:23am On Dec 08, 2010
Ejadamen:

I believe we're cool now.

@ Inked,thanks wink

No problem wink. Do you still want me to contact her?
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by Ejadamen(f): 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

No problem wink. Do you still want me to contact her?

I am in contact with her already.
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by InkedNerd(f): 5:27pm On Dec 08, 2010
Ejadamen:

I am in contact with her already.

OK, glad to see that your in contact with her cheesy.
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by InkedNerd(f): 7:45am On Dec 14, 2010
Hey ladies, hope you all are having a wonderful week [even though it just started]. I've been thinking, why don't we all share our experiences on how other people have reacted to our natural hair.
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by InkedNerd(f): 9:12am On Dec 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI, this is for you.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LleeLa0qZ4[/flash]

Also, here's a few recipe you can use.

Recipe 1: Glycerin Spray:

1 part Vegetable Glycerin
3 parts Water (it can be distilled water or rose water if you like)
1 to 2 parts Aloe Vera Juice

Play with these ratios till you get it how you like just always make sure that you have at least 2 parts water to 1 part glycerin.

Recipe 2: Glycerin Spray:
8 ounces distilled water
1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
1-2 drops of vegetable glycerin
1-2 drops essential oil
15 drops grapefruit seed extract

Recipe 3: Olive Oil/Coconut oil Spray:
2 cups of distilled water
1 teaspoon olive, jojoba, or coconut oil (whichever you prefer)
1-2 drops orange essential oil (optional)

Just mix these ingredient in a spray bottle and apply it to your hair.
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 14, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Ileke-IdI, this is for you.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LleeLa0qZ4[/flash]

Also, here's a few recipe you can use.

Recipe 1: Glycerin Spray:

1 part Vegetable Glycerin
3 parts Water (it can be distilled water or rose water if you like)
1 to 2 parts Aloe Vera Juice

Play with these ratios till you get it how you like just always make sure that you have at least 2 parts water to 1 part glycerin.

Recipe 2: Glycerin Spray:
8 ounces distilled water
1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
1-2 drops of vegetable glycerin
1-2 drops essential oil
15 drops grapefruit seed extract

Recipe 3: Olive Oil/Coconut oil Spray:
2 cups of distilled water
1 teaspoon olive, jojoba, or coconut oil (whichever you prefer)
1-2 drops orange essential oil (optional)

Just mix these ingredient in a spray bottle and apply it to your hair.

Thanks, how is Glycerin healthy for my hair?

I know that Jojoba oil is healthy because the oil's chemical composition is relatively close to that of the oil naturally produced by the scalp.

I'm just curious smiley
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by InkedNerd(f): 9:38am On Dec 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Thanks, how is Glycerin healthy for my hair?

I know that Jojoba oil is healthy because the oil's chemical composition is relatively close to that of the oil naturally produced by the scalp.

I'm just curious  smiley

Glycerin is popular in beauty products because it is a humectant--it absorbs ambient water. This means that it can help seal in moisture. Apart from being able to return moisture back to dry hair, scalp or skin, glycerin for hair growth is also used. Using glycerin one can greatly condition dry, frizzy, and brittle hair. If you are suffering from dry, flaky scalp then rubbing some vegetable glycerin on scalp can greatly alleviate irritation. This is especially beneficial for Afro-African women, who have dry hair or flaky scalp issues. It also greatly helps to strengthen the hair, which leads to less breakage of the hair, and less formation of split ends. Glycerin is also highly "hydroscopic" which means that it absorbs water from the air. For example: if you left a bottle of pure glycerin exposed to air in your kitchen, it would take moisture from the air and eventually, it would become 80% glycerin and 20% water. Oh and it promotes hair growth.
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 14, 2010
Thanks. . . . will be @ walmart tomorrow.
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by InkedNerd(f): 9:46am On Dec 14, 2010
Ok, no problem. Hope it helps. Lemme know how it goes wink.
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by Ejadamen(f): 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Hey ladies, hope you all are having a wonderful week [even though it just started]. I've been thinking, why don't we all share our experiences on how other people have reacted to our natural hair.
Already shared mine.
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 15, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Most of my friends went natural on me. . . . so they've been trying to force me since last yr christmas. I cut off my hair just to try it out, but ended up perming it again grin
Been natural since 7 months ago tho, I think my hair grew faster while natural than while permed. I loveeee it!! I love digging my hands into my hair and feeling the thick curls.

I finally cut off the natural part of my hairs a few days ago. A lot of people were shocked, but my friends loved it. duh, they're also natural.
I told my mom I had it cut and she was angry for a few minutes. Kept asking why. Kept telling me to braid it hehehe.

But all in all, I love being natural again. I love the fullness, the curls. I love that it stands up by itself, so any style is perfect with it. Hoping it grows faster.

Going to a natural group meeting cropped together by a few friends tomorrow. Will holla and let you guys know the "new" secrets. If there's any.

Inked_Nerd:

Ok, no problem. Hope it helps. Lemme know how it goes wink.
You know, I went to like 7 diff stores today, looking for glycerin, but to no avail.
Tried walmart, walgreens, publix,CVS, and  3 salon shops. nothing. [I found natural shea butter from Ghana tho, I jumped for joy aha]
Where can a woman find glycerin?
I had to go to the walmart pharmacy and have it ordered  undecided
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by InkedNerd(f): 12:41am On Dec 15, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Most of my friends went natural on me. . . . so they've been trying to force me since last yr christmas. I cut off my hair just to try it out, but ended up perming it again grin
Been natural since 7 months ago tho, I think my hair grew faster while natural than while permed. I loveeee it!! I love digging my hands into my hair and feeling the thick curls.

I finally cut off the natural part of my hairs a few days ago. A lot of people were shocked, but my friends loved it. duh, they're also natural.
I told my mom I had it cut and she was angry for a few minutes. Kept asking why. Kept telling me to braid it hehehe.

But all in all, I love being natural again. I love the fullness, the curls. I love that it stands up by itself, so any style is perfect with it. Hoping it grows faster.

Going to a natural group meeting cropped together by a few friends tomorrow. Will holla and let you guys know the "new" secrets. If there's any.

Hehehe, sounds like someone's havin' fun. I can relate to the hand in hair part. lol, Nigerian mothers always freak when they find out you cut your hair. Oh by the way, did you here about the women in Canada who are publicly chopping their hair off?

Ileke-IdI:

You know, I went to like 7 diff stores today, looking for glycerin, but to no avail.
Tried walmart, walgreens, publix,CVS, and  3 salon shops. nothing. [I found natural shea butter from Ghana tho, I was jumping for joy aha]
Where can a woman find glycerin?
I had to go to the walmart pharmacy and have it ordered  undecided

Ey ya, so journey for one product. I guess I should have mentioned that you can find it in a health food store. Pele, didn't mean to send you on such a journey. What kind of glycerin did you buy?
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by Nobody: 2:17am On Dec 15, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Hehehe, sounds like someone's havin' fun. I can relate to the hand in hair part. lol, Nigerian mothers always freak when they find out you cut your hair. Oh by the way, did you here about the women in Canada who are publicly chopping their hair off?

Nope. Interesting. Will checck that out.

Ey ya, so journey for one product. I guess I should have mentioned that you can find it in a health food store. Pele, didn't mean to send you on such a journey. What kind of glycerin did you buy?

Health food store? Dont think they have it around here.
Good question, I dont know. I just told the pharmacist I wanted liquid glycerin. I'll get it tomorrow and let you know.
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 15, 2010
Looked through the thread. Nice recipes.
shocked @ the okra setting lotion.
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by InkedNerd(f): 7:44am On Dec 15, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Looked through the thread. Nice recipes.
shocked @ the okra setting lotion.

Lmao grin.
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by InkedNerd(f): 7:25pm On Dec 16, 2010
Just wondering, I am the only one who rinses their hair everyday? undecided
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 16, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

I used to, then my scalp started drying out.
Long term outcome is diff for each person, I guess.
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by iice(f): 10:36am On Dec 17, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Na. . .i'm used to even shampooing my hair everyday. This braids is killing me now. Will take me some turns to adjust to not washing it.

Inked_Nerd:

Hey thanks for the new recipes. Might try the spray on my braids grin

Anyway, it's usually the opposite for me since i've always been natural until recently tongue. People kept asking me why i didn't perm/relax my hair? I'm not for or against natural or permed hair. People look good either way and we all have our reasons. Mine is the combing/styling thing. . .hate it but i no get liver shave head grin Now that am growing my reconditioned parts out. . .it will be hell to comb/style without braiding (for me) [s]thus my hijab will come in handy on those days i have no interest in combing/styling the hair[/s] grin
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by Nobody: 4:44am On Dec 29, 2010
What is the diff between glycerine and vegetable glycerine? I bought the original one.

And do you guys know where I can get:

1. Castil soap
2. Organic aloe vera
3. Organic avocado
4. pure soap flakes?

I've been driving around today, even went to GCN store that was inside the mall. Where can I get them [excl. online]?

Thanks
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by InkedNerd(f): 5:04am On Dec 29, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

What is the diff between glycerine and vegetable glycerine? I bought the original one.

And do you guys know where I can get:

1. Castil soap
2. Organic aloe vera
3. Organic avocado
4. pure soap flakes?

I've been driving around today, even went to GCN store that was inside the mall. Where can I get them [excl. online]?

Thanks

The difference is that vegetable glycerin is made strictly from plant oils, whereas non-vegetable glycerin is made from animal and/or petroleum-based oils. Additionally, most vegetable glycerin you can get at health food stores is food-grade, so it's got a wider range of uses. You can buy it Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, Whole Foods

1. Castile soap can be found in health food stores, Target, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, etc.

2. Organic aloe vera and organic avocado can be found at farmers markets or stores like Whole Foods.

3. Pure soap flakes can be bought at health food stores.
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by Nobody: 5:19am On Dec 29, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

The difference is that vegetable glycerin is made strictly from plant oils, whereas non-vegetable glycerin is made from animal and/or petroleum-based oils. Additionally, most vegetable glycerin you can get at health food stores is food-grade, so it's got a wider range of uses. You can buy it Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, Whole Foods

1. Castile soap can be found in health food stores, Target, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, etc.

2. Organic aloe vera and organic avocado can be found at farmers markets or stores like Whole Foods.

3. Pure soap flakes can be bought at health food stores.

Oh, so I prolly should return that glycerin. It took me a while to find it too. I've never seen a "whole foods" in my life.

I saw a "natural" Castile soap @ GNC today, but I wasnt sure if it was the pure one. I looked at the ingredient and it had a bunch of other stuff. Is that the castile soap y'all are talking about?

Thanks a bunch!
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by InkedNerd(f): 5:53am On Dec 29, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Oh, so I prolly should return that glycerin. It took me a while to find it too. I've never seen a "whole foods" in my life.

I saw a "natural" Castile soap @ GNC today, but I wasnt sure if it was the pure one. I looked at the ingredient and it had a bunch of other stuff. Is that the castile soap y'all are talking about?

Thanks a bunch!

Hmmm, I'm gonna assume you bought the non-vegetable glycerin?

If you can't find a Whole Foods store near you, then you should try to look for a Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, or health food store. I'm sure there must be one of those stores near you wink. Have you tried checking out the Whole Foods website to see if there's one near you? What was the name of castile soap you saw at GNC? Can you describe what the packaging looks like?
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by Nobody: 5:56am On Dec 29, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Hmmm, I'm gonna assume you bought the non-vegetable glycerin?

If you can't find a Whole Foods store near you, then you should try to look for a Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, or health food store. I'm sure there must be one of those stores near you wink. what was the name of castile soap you saw at GNC? Can you describe what the packaging looks like?

Yea, I did.

Castile, exactly this one, and some others in different colors. That's what put me off.

Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by InkedNerd(f): 6:06am On Dec 29, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Yea, I did.

Castile, exactly this one, and some others in different colors. That's what put me off.

That one is just fine. It's actual castile soap--its just in liquid form. They come in a variety of scents. I use the peppermint one. Some people dilute the castile soap because they think it's too harsh on their skin and hair but its up to you to decide. I don't usually dilute mine. The only time I dilute it is when I want it to last longer. Oh by the way, it also comes in a bar form. Check out the website for more of their products >>> http://www.drbronner.com/ . There's also a cheaper version of that soap that you posted, it's called Dr. Wood's Castile Soap. Oh by the way, if you have a Vitamin World near you, you can try checking there for some natural products.

Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 30, 2010
Here is my hope that inked nerd id online. I am currently trying to buy the organic avocado. Is the organic one the actual fresh avocado? Like the edable one? I'm currently at the store.

Oh I got the castile and the aloe vera juice. Yay me.
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by InkedNerd(f): 3:02am On Dec 31, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Here is my hope that inked nerd id online. I am currently trying to buy the organic avocado. Is the organic one the actual fresh avocado? Like the edable one? I'm currently at the store.

Oh I got the castile and the aloe vera juice. Yay me.

Eh ya, pele. Yes, it is edible. Whether its organic or genetically modified doesn't really matter. As long as it is the ingredient that you want t then its ok.
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by Nobody: 3:35am On Dec 31, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Eh ya, pele. Yes, it is edible. Whether its organic or genetically modified doesn't really matter. As long as it is is the ingredient that you want t then its ok.

The only one I could find was the fresh one fromt he produce section. Is that what you guys use? undecided
Inked_Nerd:

That one is just fine. It's actual castile soap--its just in liquid form. They come in a variety of scents. I use the peppermint one. Some people dilute the castile soap because they think it's too harsh on their skin and hair but its up to you to decide. I don't usually dilute mine. The only time I dilute it is when I want it to last longer. Oh by the way, it also comes in a bar form. Check out the website for more of their products >>> http://www.drbronner.com/ . There's also a cheaper version of that soap that you posted, it's called Dr. Wood's Castile Soap. Oh by the way, if you have a Vitamin World near you, you can try checking there for some natural products.

I didnt buy the Dr. Woods one, but the one I showed you yest, from GNC.
The dude just gave me 50% off right away. . . . Cant wait to make me natural mixtures cheesy
Re: The Natural Mixtress--Natural Remedies And Solutions by InkedNerd(f): 3:57am On Dec 31, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

The only one I could find was the fresh one fromt he produce section. Is that what you guys use? undecided

Yes, that's fine. Some people go over the top and feel that they need to buy everything organic in order to take care of their natural hair. You can use any kind of avocado you want just a long as its fresh.

Ileke-IdI:

I didnt buy the Dr. Woods one, but the one I showed you yest, from GNC.
The dude just gave me 50% off right away. . . .  Cant wait to make me natural mixtures  cheesy

You don't have to buy the Dr. Wood's. Buy whichever one works for you or whichever one you like the best. Lucky you for getting that discount. Lemme me know how its goes when you start mixin' stuff together.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Smart Collection Perfumes Available / Here Are The 8 Things That Defined You As A Fashionista In The 90s / Man Jailed For Tattooing 3-year-old Nephew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.