Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,140 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:59 AM

Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? (18776 Views)

Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? / Imo, Anambra And Delta leads in students studying Engineering, Medicine and Law / Is Studying Engineering In Nigeria A Scam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? by dipson4u08(m): 9:39pm On Nov 08, 2019
Sheriman:

Marine Engineer to be Abeg where are the Waterways in Nigeria?

i dont understand, do you actually need

to know the water ways or what info do you need exactly,

As for water ways Nigeria has a enough to sustain the economy
Re: Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? by Kaylexzy(m): 7:02am On Nov 09, 2019
1kinggy:

Don't let the dichotomy weigh you down, there are some exclusive jobs for HND holders. And after a while, employers don't look at your first degree anymore but your competencies and track record,

Thanks man. cool
Re: Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? by Yinibixema: 7:04pm On Nov 09, 2019
anochuko01:
Absolutely No! I'm gradually moving into I.T, and having an engineering background gives me a certain edge over traditional computer science graduate. I also have a better understanding of how to integrate programming into hardware "embedded system". And that's the way forward now, even for big tech companies.
Where are you learning all these
Re: Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? by Marinad: 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2019
I was an engineering college student and I can share my experience with you. Engineering is a very complex subject and it was hard for me to study. But I was able to succeed and graduate from college with honors. I am proud of this! During my studies, I always used a gpa calculator https://gpa-calculator.com/ to track all the positive and negative results of my studies. It helped me achieve my goals faster and easier.
Re: Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? by GMbuharii: 10:26pm On Nov 12, 2019
Some road side vulcanizer be claiming engineer grin grin grin
Re: Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? by statusquoante: 7:45am On Nov 13, 2019
GMbuharii:

Says an oshogbo based road side vulcanizer grin grin grin

Oshogbo is better that anywhere in the yeast... tongue

Leave my Oshogbo alone. Thank you... tongue cool
Re: Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? by GMbuharii: 8:15am On Nov 13, 2019
cool
Re: Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? by GMbuharii: 9:30am On Nov 13, 2019
statusquoante:

@bolded was the problem.

Chemical Engineering is not so marketable/viable in Nigeria.

Aunty ha far?

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA......

grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? by statusquoante: 9:38am On Nov 13, 2019
GMbuharii:

Aunty ha far?

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA......

grin grin grin grin

Are you okay

Someone deleted my post... angry embarassed
Re: Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? by GMbuharii: 1:02pm On Nov 13, 2019
statusquoante:

Are you okay

Someone deleted my post... angry embarassed

Lying Mohammed lolsssssss
Re: Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? by statusquoante: 2:17pm On Nov 13, 2019
GMbuharii:

Lying Mohammed lolsssssss

Do I have the power to delete posts Can you even delete your own post
Re: Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? by lasgidi4rv: 3:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
@OP,
I also studied Chemical Engineering and do not regret it. Yes studying any branch of Engineering is rigorous and requires discipline as well as a certain aptitude to quickly adapt to learning new concepts.
Right off the back, you have to be comfortable with mathematics. If you are weak in this area, don't worry. It just means you will have to work extra hard. Don't be too proud to seek for help from those that can help you. You are bound to get someone willing to help.
Pay particular attention to your courses in your first year. DON'T TAKE TECHNICAL DRAWING for granted if you did not take it in secondary school. You will have to take it and you don't want a carryover. By the way, ensure you don't carryover courses because if you do it sets up a dangerous trend and will affect you in subsequent semesters.
Study beyond what your lecturers give you in class, go on YouTube to learn about real world applications of your course (there is more to Chemical Engineering than working in Oil and Gas), learn softwares such as Chemcad, ASPEN, HYSYS.
Start thinking early about where you will want to Intern ( for SWEP and SIWES). Find out what you will need to get placement there. Find a Chemical Engineer you can ask questions from on getting work after graduation. Avail yourself to gaining practical experience wherever you can.
Let me allow you digest all these. Above all, make sure you come out with at least a Second Class Upper. Peace.

quote author=sunnychibs post=83811213]So,i recently gained admission to study engineering,chemical engineering precisely.

So my question goes those who studied engineering and those still studying,

Do you have any regrets studying engineering?

[/quote]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You have any Regrets Studying Engineering? by ggoldmine(f): 9:11pm On Nov 15, 2019
Why Chemical? If you don't have the passion to study chemical engineering, then I'd advise you consider other engineering fields like electrical or mechanical. These two offer more job prospects.

sunnychibs:
So,i recently gained admission to study engineering,chemical engineering precisely.

So my question goes those who studied engineering and those still studying,

Do you have any regrets studying engineering?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNIOSUN Student Attacked For Refusing To Join Cult / Northern States, Universities Denying Christians Employment And Admission - ECWA / ASUU Strike: UTAS Doesn't Have Hardware Backing. – Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.