Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders (18412 Views)

NLC Reacts As FG Suspends Fuel Subsidy Removal / Rivers Police Barricade Roads Leading To Stations (Photos) / FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by Just2endowed2(m): 11:25am On Nov 07, 2019
smileysee
Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by Sholaco: 11:26am On Nov 07, 2019
No one is talking about subsidy here,the mod is talking about fuel stations within and beyond the border not to be getting a petroleum products...u all deviated from the main subject and started beating around the bush
Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by tfelicityk(m): 11:27am On Nov 07, 2019
Ali Hamed is getting tougher... May it yield a very good results and be a blessing to the Nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by Wantedmiller: 11:27am On Nov 07, 2019
vaxx2:
no country you listed up there produce the amount of oil Ghana produce in a day. 2 hundered thousand barrels of oil in a day is significant for a country that has less than 30 million people. she has discover more than two well this year alone, about to double its production sooner.

Ghana already have refinery as far back as 1960s, with many small refinery located across the country. and this was before she discover oil. she once refined Nigeria oil . The amount of oil she produce fetch her billions of dollar annually, that is very significant for 30 million people.

why type or copy all this....... when you can easily drop the Google link for him or her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by Abfinest007(m): 11:30am On Nov 07, 2019
mrvitalis:
Remove fuel subsidy for heavens sake ...Chadians ,Niger people ,Ghanaians ,Togolese and the rest are not richer than Nigerians

If they cab buy fuel at 350 so can we ,relative to our population our crude oil productions is very very small

Remove subsidy and place 50 naira tax on each litre of petrol
do you really think government is subsidizing the fuel after all buhari said there is nothing like subsidy

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by mamaafrik(m): 11:33am On Nov 07, 2019
Tiwon ti pada ta ni Benin republic.
Under go hear am

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 07, 2019
somebody will invest in petrol station and one day government will just come and say we are not supplying you petrol. What kind of country is this?

remove subsidy and spend the money on roads, they wont! they will be deceiving themselves that they are bringing relief to the average man with subsidized fuel. But you use more fuel to get from a to b because the roads are so bad.. Penny wise pound foolish.
Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by mrvitalis(m): 11:34am On Nov 07, 2019
Abfinest007:
do you really think government is subsidizing the fuel after all buhari said there is nothing like subsidy
Without subsidy there is no how fuel can sale below 300 naira

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by FriendNG: 11:34am On Nov 07, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Mr Buharist which subsidy ? Even the Buhari govts says it's has no subsidy it's running so what subsidy are you talking of ? Was subsidy not completely removed in 2016 ?

There is Subsidy.
Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by lagdmark(m): 11:36am On Nov 07, 2019
vaxx2:
Ghana is an oil producing country. simple
Small pple big mouth, which day una start sef.

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by Jlow2: 11:37am On Nov 07, 2019
Buhari wan finish dis pple,
Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by vaxx2: 11:37am On Nov 07, 2019
mrvitalis:

Whats the price of petrol in Ghana
Ghana is not subsidising oil. prices are reflected by demand and market force. Ghana rather subsidised health care, make education free from basic to secondary school with free feeding, subsidised fertiliser and agricultural product ..... And likewise provide loans for university student.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by Justdare: 11:37am On Nov 07, 2019
tfelicityk:
Ali Hamed is getting tougher... May it yield a very good results and be a blessing to the Nation.

the results are already obvious. Our daily consumption of PMS is down by 8 million liters. I am sure with the further tightening we should save almost 15 million liters daily in PMS

4 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by vaxx2: 11:37am On Nov 07, 2019
efighter:

When are you relocating to Ghana?
i am not in Nigeria.
Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by mrvitalis(m): 11:40am On Nov 07, 2019
vaxx2:
Ghana is not subsidising oil. prices are reflected by demand and market force. Ghana rather subsidised health care, make education free from basic to secondary school with free feeding, subsidised fertiliser and agricultural product ..... And likewise provide loans for university student.....
I asked a simple question ...what's the average price of petrol now in Ghana

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by livingoracle: 11:40am On Nov 07, 2019
Petrol is very expensive in Ghana, if we convert their petrol price in Cedis to Niaira it would be around N300.
The Ian's are really suffering, I live there
mrvitalis:

Whats the price of petrol in Ghana

4 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by anonimi: 11:41am On Nov 07, 2019
Abfinest007:

The barawo removed it already when he increased the price to N145 from N87 even when crude prices were low.
All the fake comrades wailing in 2012 went quiet since.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has finally broken his silence on the controversy currently trailing the removal of subsidy from fuel.

Nigerians have been lamenting following the announcement of the deregulation of the oil sector, which jerked the price of the product from N86 to N145 per litre.

Reacting to the development, the Vice President stated that the best thing that could happen to the nation was the bold step taken by the President to remove subsidy from the product.

In a statement issued on Friday, Osinbajo explained why the presidency decided to take the ‘harsh’ decision, which would eventually benefit Nigerians.

His statement reads in full:

“I have read the various observations about the fuel pricing regime and the attendant issues generated. All certainly have strong points.

“The most important issue of course is how to shield the poor from the worst effects of the policy. I will hopefully address that in another note.

“Permit me an explanation of the policy. First, the real issue is not a removal of subsidy. At $40 a barrel there isn’t much of a subsidy to remove.

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2016/05/13/why-buhari-removed-fuel-subsidy-osinbajo/amp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmG_dYY7YRA

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by vaxx2: 11:41am On Nov 07, 2019
mrvitalis:

it is far more expensive than Nigeria. any issue ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by IMAliyu(m): 11:42am On Nov 07, 2019
vaxx2:
Guy all we want to know is the price of petroleum in Ghana.

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by vaxx2: 11:44am On Nov 07, 2019
livingoracle:
Petrol is very expensive in Ghana, if we convert their petrol price in Cedis to Niaira it would be around N300.
The Ian's are really suffering, I live there
Ghana once subsidised fuel but it was later removed when it was occasionally smuggled to Burkina Faso. fuel is more expensive in Burkina than Ghana. goverment acted on the best practice, removing the subsidy will make the smuggling unattractive .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 07, 2019
mrvitalis:

Don't u have Google?
Is he your errand boy?

The way we talk on social media alone reflects how we behave as a person which robs off on the society.
See entitlement

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by mrvitalis(m): 11:48am On Nov 07, 2019
sassysure:

Don't u have Google?
Is he your errand boy?

The way we talk on social media alone reflects how we behave as a person which robs off on the society.
See entitlement
If u don't know the origin of a conversation don't just jump in

I quoted the price of petrol in Ghana he jumped saying what I didn't ask

6 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 07, 2019
IMAliyu:

Guy all we want to know is the price of petroleum in Ghana.

Google the price. He don't owe u any explanation.

U are after how much petrol.is in Ghana but fail to list what they subsidise in their country.

We all need petrol cos there is no electricity else who care about petrol unless it's to fuel your car.

Guy, sit down and stop feeling too important.
We are nothing. Empty barrel only

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by freemi(m): 11:53am On Nov 07, 2019
vaxx2:
no country you listed up there produce the amount of oil Ghana produce in a day. 2 hundered thousand barrels of oil in a day is significant for a country that has less than 30 million people. she has discover more than two well this year alone, about to double its production sooner.

Ghana already have refinery as far back as 1960s, with many small refinery located across the country. and this was before she discover oil. she once refined Nigeria oil . The amount of oil she produce fetch her billions of dollar annually, that is very significant for 30 million people.
30mil people. Naija shud devide into 6

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by SarkinYarki: 11:53am On Nov 07, 2019
FriendNG:

There is Subsidy.

Even Buhari says he has completely removed subsidy and argued with us that Under recovery is not the same as subsidy and now you are saying something else
Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 07, 2019
mrvitalis:

If u don't know the origin of a conversation don't just jump in

I quoted the price of petrol in Ghana he jumped saying what I didn't ask

Close your mouth.
I followed the conversation among u all and all u guys do is trying to intimidate. U were surprised when he said Ghana don't depend on Nigeria for fuel, u now asked if they have refinery, then fuel price after he has said fuel is expensive in Ghana but they will rather subsidise the important things than fuel.
Don't ur phone has Google?
I ask again, is he your errand boy?

U won't look for how to help remove your country from the poverty capital of the world.
Always pursuing rat when your house is on fire.

Ghana or any other west African country is not your problem.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by SokotoCaliphate: 11:56am On Nov 07, 2019
Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by mildflame: 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
sassysure:

Close your mouth.
I followed the conversation among u all and all u guys do is trying to intimidate. U were surprised when he said Ghana don't depend on Nigeria for fuel, u now asked if they have refinery, then fuel price after he has said fuel is expensive in Ghana but they will rather subsidise the important things than fuel.
Don't ur phone has Google?
I ask again, is he your errand boy?

U won't look for how to help remove your country from the poverty capital of the world.
Always pursuing rat when your house is on fire.

Ghana or any other west African country is not your problem.

Na dem

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by FriendNG: 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Even Buhari says he has completely removed subsidy and argued with us that Under recovery is not the same as subsidy and now you are saying something else

Understand what happen when the crude is around 28 - 30 USD per barrel, that's when Subsidy is removed and the PMS price is N145 per liter.

As times goes on the crude price rises to 50 - 60 and the PMS without Subsidy will be more than N200 per liter.

So NNPC buy the oil at higher price (>N200) and sell it at lost (N130 +) to wholesalers and you buy it at N145 maximum.

NNPC is Subsidizing the PMS unlike before that you have to pay the marketers Subsidy. Today NNPC is the only importer of refined petroleum products.

So Subsidy exist else the Petrol price will be N200+

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by yashau(m): 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
vaxx2:
Ghana is an oil producing country. simple

With 200,000 barrels of crude oil per day abi!?
Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by vaxx2: 12:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
yashau:

With 200,000 barrels of crude oil per day abi!?

https://www.mofep.gov.gh/press-release/2019-02-14/ghana%27s-oil-production-estimated-to-go-up-to-500%2C000-Barrels-per-day-by-2024
Re: FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2019
vaxx2:
stop including Ghana in this madness. Ghana feed herself with her own petrol and also export in bulk .
I don' know what this Ghanian are doing in this forum?

Mod please do the needful, they should look for their forum and contribute.

Please leave our cross for us to carry ok.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Attack On Herdsmen: Fear Grips Anambra Communities / Ogbu Emmanuel, EBSU SUG President Spent N10m Given To Students By Governor Umahi / Work Resumes On Lagos Canal After PUNCH Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.