Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist (27174 Views)

Drama As Andy Uba's Security Beat Motorist, Residents Hail ESN In Anambra (video / Osinbajo’s Security Aide Did Not Beat Vanguard Journalist - Eyewitnesses / Soldiers Detain NAN Photojournalist At EFCC Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by Kwanza: 2:05pm On Nov 07, 2019
A photojournalist with the Vanguard Newspapers, attached to the Aso Rock Villa, Mr Abayomi Adeshida, was on Thursday morning beaten up by security details of Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo.

The incident took place at the State House Banquet Hall, Abuja during the opening session of the Nigeria Diaspora Investment Summit organised by the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission NiDCOM, chaired by Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa.

Narrating his experience to journalists, Adeshida said he was taking photographs of the Vice-President taking a tour of the exhibition stands at the event, when five personnel of the Department of State Services (DSS) suddenly pounced on him as Osinbajo was being presented a copy of the magazine as a souvenir at a particular stand.

Adeshida said he was not told his supposed infraction as he was not in any way obstructing the event or doing anything out of the ordinary before the security details started hitting him, dragged him over the floor and damaged his professional camera, right in the presence of the Vice-President.

“I was shocked when these DSS started beating me for no apparent reason. They tore off my Presidential Villa accreditation tag on the shirt and dragged me on the floor while hitting me and kicking me.

“I believe they would have done much worse if not for the intervention of the Vice-President’s Aide-de-Camp (ADC), who I noticed was making hand movements for them to leave me alone.

“I am feeling pains all over my body and a particular severe pain on my right leg on which I don’t even know what they hit me with”, the Adeshida before he headed for the hospital for treatment.

No other aides of the Vice-President made efforts to stop the humiliation of the journalist in the presence of Osibanjo, who may have been embarrassed by the situation.

The incident happened a day after 35 aides of the Vice-President were reportedly sacked on the orders of President Muhammadu Buhari, who is away on a private visit to the United Kingdom.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/11/osinbajos-security-aides-beat-up-vanguard-photojournalist/

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by eTECTIV: 2:07pm On Nov 07, 2019
Hehehehehe... Pele ooo

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 07, 2019
Hahahahaha VP is angry that cabals are drilling him, you go lusgard, now he done use you shine.next pls

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by Shezzy13: 2:17pm On Nov 07, 2019
They're doing their job ..the nigerian way..

grin

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by Iamgrey5(m): 2:19pm On Nov 07, 2019
When you keep reporting fake news

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by Greyworld: 2:22pm On Nov 07, 2019
Why must it be such stories?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by khallebb(m): 2:29pm On Nov 07, 2019
LMAO grin grin
Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by fergie001: 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
When you keep reporting fake news
So that should be his reward for reporting "fake" news
.....haba

You can do better than that!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by WildChild00(m): 2:33pm On Nov 07, 2019
Hmmmm Osibande shocked

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by Arubajagz: 2:36pm On Nov 07, 2019
Story with zero evidence. How come none of the other photographers took a single picture? With all the high tech gadgets present.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by Antoeni(m): 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2019
Osibanjo Boys are Not Happy at all,
Ever Since Osibanjo was Reduced to Audio VP

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by plaindealer: 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2019
Narrating his experience to journalists, Adeshida said he was taking photographs of the Vice-President taking a tour of the exhibition stands at the event, when five personnel of the Department of State Services (DSS) suddenly pounced on him as Osinbajo was being presented a copy of the magazine as a souvenir at a particular stand.

Special thanks to Kebbi Gov ⁦@KBStGovt for his participation. And guess who is on the cover of the Diaspora magazine being presented to him by HE ⁦@ProfOsinbajo

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by Shooyie: 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2019
I get sick and tired of all these stories really, they have paid all of you to drag the VP's name in the mud but it will not work. They beat you in the hall and nobody intervened How now? Man!!!!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2019
Caption it properly

Adeshida said he was not told his supposed infraction as he was not in any way obstructing the event or doing anything out of the ordinary before the security details started hitting him, dragged him over the floor and damaged his professional camera, right in the presence of the Vice-President.

"Right in the presence of the vice president"......

Oh....God.

Finally he couldn't hide it. Osibanjo is now a full blown dictator

Timi Frank said it before that it well known that the vice president has a long history of intimidating the press and bullying them to submission and this is exactly what has happened again

The pastor professor has finally lost it

I pray God will still look upon him again

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by plaindealer: 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2019

Obviously, no beating was going on and even if it transpired, where are the pictures and video footage since other journalists, TV and the print media were at the same event.

#Fakenews.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by kcub: 2:43pm On Nov 07, 2019
Alaniyiokorausa:
Hahahahaha VP is angry that cabals are drilling him, you go lusgard, now he done use you shine.next pls
VP angry?
Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by Joylove2324(f): 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2019
Werey people, so everyone want to trend with osinbajo's name? You better get your ass off and find something reasonable to tell us

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by kcub: 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Finally he couldn't hide it. Osibanjo is now a full blown dictator

And you a full blown slowpoke to say this ....

You Use ur brain so?

Where its the proof ?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by maybanks: 2:45pm On Nov 07, 2019
The stupid photojournalist will not tell the part of the story that he was warned several times for breaching protocols at the said event.

That same photojournalist Abayomi Adeshida will not tell the part of the story that he was the first person to harass the DSS official.

Every form of rascality displayed by any journalist should not be kept under the carpet of free press. The fact remain that the Guy goofed big time. You can't just be jumping around every where at every event just because you are a photographer.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by Joylove2324(f): 2:46pm On Nov 07, 2019
Alaniyiokorausa:

VP is angry? Are that daft to read? I swear, oponu ni e

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by solmusdesigns: 2:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
cheesy

Everybody now suddenly have one story or the other about the VP, Same event covered live by NTA, with the hall flooded with lots of cameramen

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by Joylove2324(f): 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
Antoeni:
[/s]Osibanjo [s][/s]Boys are Not Happy at all[s],
[s][/s]Ever Since Osibanjo was Reduced to Audio VP
[s][/s]
Trash....Are you happy with your reckless life? Oponu

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by plaindealer: 2:55pm On Nov 07, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cheesy

Everybody now suddenly have one story or the other about the VP, Same event covered live by NTA, with the hall flooded with lots of cameramen

This fake news thing is becoming comedic for real.. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by solmusdesigns: 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2019
its funny and pathetic.. i wonder what they hope to gain from Osinbajo

plaindealer:

This fake news thing is becoming comedic for real.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by Jollylolly(f): 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
The Vanguard photographer breached protocol and the security line.

He was cautioned on a number of times but instead of moving backwards, he went on to assault the security aide.

He grabbed the security aide by the scruff of the neck just as he was restrained from further breaching protocol.

The story by TheCable is a blackmail, a treacherous attempt to blackmail the security aides

There were other photographers there, why is there no picture him beaten black and blue as the Cable claims?[size=8pt][/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by Davidic101: 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
Report the real news maybe we will try and engage it. You can't fly fake news around and expect us to believe it. You can do alot better.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by ojokolax: 3:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
A photojournalist... in a place with other photojournalists but We are yet to have a photo of the incident? make una softly softly dey lie na... Plus we hear say the guy even break protocol attack security.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by Adiola(f): 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2019
yorubas cant stomache the propaganda flying against their own .gone are the days wwhen that tribe controlled the media now the are recieving it hot

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by Laghondi2008: 3:10pm On Nov 07, 2019
What a fake and cooked story,

They just want to blackmail the security aide of the VP. If not what evidence do you guys have to show?

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by Lydia696: 3:10pm On Nov 07, 2019
Bad bell people go to hell, VP Osinbajo is the best ever

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by johnmartus(m): 3:12pm On Nov 07, 2019
grin cheesy grin
Re: Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist by ORIENTATION101: 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2019
They didn't beat you well. Idiotic falsehood peddler. You break protocol after u re being warned

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Orji Kalu Seeks Post-Conviction Bail, Cites Health Challenges / FFK: I Told Nnamdi Kanu How Buhari Told Me He Hates Igbo People / Wike Replies Obaseki, Says Edo Governor Is A Serial Betrayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.