Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,262 members, 7,957,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:32 PM

Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block (15427 Views)

Shell To Pay 15 Million Euros In Settlement Over Nigerian Oil Spills / Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m / Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by banio: 8:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
I think the oil bill - deep offshore and inland basin Production sharing contract,
signed into law, some days ago is making oil majors angry. They are producing below $10 per barrel and are eating alone. Contract and casual workers are used as slaves to maximize their profit. Now that government wants to share the excess profit, the oil majors aren't happy.

They are all threatening to quit. Let them go, so others can come in.

Greedy Oil majors: Total, Chevron, Agip, Shell etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by olatilldend: 8:02pm On Nov 07, 2019
Rothschild, you seldom see any major company named Rothschild yet these guys run things everywhere. . . . Food for thought.

Be a silent achiever.
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by LZAA: 8:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
The top dullard in charge depends on oil money yet he's busy chasing away investors
Chai sai babarism bad to walahi negrin
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed Adaibeku

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Quorax: 8:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
crazygod:
Is there something this foreign investors know that we don't? All of them just dey plan run. 1st was shell now Total. Abi oil don dey dry up ni?

The white man a sucker for data. They have seen the future. I am sure they don't reveal this to their Nigerian counterparts, just within themselves.

They scientist of life and apply this to their daily living.

To get ahead, you have to be scientific in nature.

2 Likes

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Quorax: 8:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
olatilldend:
Rothschild, you seldom see any major company named Rothschild yet these guys run things everywhere. . . . Food for thought.

Be a silent achiever.
they are not the oil company but handling the sale of the oil blocks.
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by LZAA: 8:05pm On Nov 07, 2019
iamswizz:
nothing to be afraid of, they want to key into the diversification of the economy by the Nigerian government

total farms loading lipsrsealed
Ur own sai babarism is dangerous
Receive sense
Cc immhotep GMBuharii

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Taciturn1: 8:13pm On Nov 07, 2019
sassysure:

Total has planned leaving Nigeria as far back as 2015.
I even mentioned it on that chevron thread.

Diversification and renewal energy.
The only constant thing is death.

They all will leave.

The country is grounded as it is already.
We still have a large gas reserve. That's our lifeline
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by olatilldend: 8:14pm On Nov 07, 2019
Quorax:
they are not the oil company but handling the sale of the oil blocks.

I never said they are the oil company. Please read my post very well.
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Taciturn1: 8:14pm On Nov 07, 2019
Gas may be Nigeria's future, not crude oil

1 Like

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by COMPAQ(m): 8:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Is everyone is getting tired of Nigeria.

Aren't you yourself tired of Nigeria.
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Japhet31: 8:27pm On Nov 07, 2019
@madam deepwater ...what say you?
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Depressed101: 8:30pm On Nov 07, 2019
Stalwert:

Do you expect an ebrieted moro.n to be capable of understanding what you just wrote? Nah men, what you wrote to him is like explaining quantum physics to a mosquito .
Jesus, bros you wicked o grin heart shattering insult...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by jaxxy(m): 9:01pm On Nov 07, 2019
ursullalinda:
Was scared reading the head line...but since is for expansion....i think is good news

“Nigeria’s vast oil resources have attracted foreign oil companies for decades but changes to the country’s oil revenue laws as well as an unexpected tax levy over the past year could make investments in offshore projects less attractive.”

1 Like

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by thundafire: 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2019
kutashi:

I hope u haven't been fired by thunder with your this stupid analogy or u lend someone your phone to write 4u? grin

Those bills are to stop there free launch! Upon all the insecurity, why do you think they are still around? What do you think US is doing in iraq even during the peak period of ISIL?
I think the border of your brain has been closed too grin grin
I think u are dey one who is far from reality in case u don't know my uncle was in the Senate and severally have heard him and his crew discuss such,when the pass the local content bill to employ indigenes how many are employed fro the community cs wen big companies dey don't have time to start training new set of workers so dey bring der people bribe dey so called Assembly and get by-passed so shut up
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 07, 2019
groovie:
All the oil majors are divesting easy easy, to renewables. Wait the next 5yrs and see another crude oil slump. There will be no recovery from the next one.

After 400 years, man is still heavily reliant on coal, talk more of crude oil that is just about 100 years

1 Like

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by FabulousAutos(m): 9:25pm On Nov 07, 2019
thundafire:
I think u are dey one who is far from reality in case u don't know my uncle was in the Senate and severally have heard him and his crew discuss such,when the pass the local content bill to employ indigenes how many are employed fro the community cs wen big companies dey don't have time to start training new set of workers so dey bring der people bribe dey so called Assembly and get by-passed so shut up

I guess you have something meaningful to say but this your write up is giving me serious headache.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Revolva(m): 9:37pm On Nov 07, 2019
Eveey investor getting tired of dis gar Damm nation
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Jimi24: 10:54pm On Nov 07, 2019
crazygod:
Is there something this foreign investors know that we don't? All of them just dey plan run. 1st was shell now Total. Abi oil don dey dry up ni?

They know they are owing Nigeria $61bn. They will make divestment motions to pressure FG pre negotiations.
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by bizhop01: 11:19pm On Nov 07, 2019
Onyeedum:
Oil business is getting to an end, technology is the new game.
Are you sure you want use TECHNOLOGY or TERMINOLOGY?
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by samorobo: 11:33pm On Nov 07, 2019
donprinyo:
If APC continues like dis Nigeria will soon become new Zimbabwe

You are a foolish boy..you adore white too much...

We can do whatever it is they've been doing......
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by Dshocker(m): 2:33am On Nov 08, 2019
ursullalinda:
Was scared reading the head line...but since is for expansion....i think is good news

Of course that was what they were going to say,knowing if they really say the true intentions of selling it,the price wouldn't be above $500m....They aren't benefiting like they did during the PDP regime.
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by donprinyo(m): 4:27am On Nov 08, 2019
samorobo:

You are a foolish boy..you adore white too much...

We can do whatever it is they've been doing......
Zombie spotted
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by ironheart(m): 6:10am On Nov 08, 2019
Every oil producing company knows that oil is no longer lucrative. In a few years now, renewable energy is the next level
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by EazyMoh(m): 6:40am On Nov 08, 2019
I need to read this new PSC agreement.
Re: Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block by isnovic(m): 11:23am On Nov 08, 2019
The truth is that, the oil industry is unravelling.

The transparency requirement especially in Nigeria opaque operations meant previous profiteering antics will be curbed. Shoddy production measurement and declaration will be eliminated and biased PSC,JV and other production contracts will soon be called-up for review.

Again, this is no news. The real news is when the multinationals realized that our Nigerian brothers, previous Directors ,national oil GMDs, EDs and our rich brothers started doing what Shell has always done, Using the FG and their strong connection to take back fields hitherto classified as marginal fields by Shell and other multinationals, that is when they know the game is up and lid fallen off Nigerians eyes.

Now, divestment is the game. The truth is that these Multinationals strategist have forecast long before now and they know that when the real recovery of lost revenue from their operations starts, they will find it difficult to operate and will mostly lose asset.

So reduce exposure they are divesting and possible backlash they are divesting in the name of strategic business focus.

They truth they need places where the margin is more now, that simple.
Shell, Chevron and now Total. They are all same.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest People In Nigeria And Their Net Worth / Despite Losing About ₦50m, We're Committed To Making Enyimba Mall Reality — MD / Akwa Ibom Govt Gives Traders 31 Day Ultimatum To Reduce Price Of Foodstuff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.