Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,447 members, 7,823,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! (3714 Views)

It Is Now Official : Buhari Receives Jihad Black Standard Flag From Saudi Cleric / Buhari Arrives Nigeria From Saudi Arabia And Qatar (photos) / Photos Of The 3,000 Nigerians Deported From Niger Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by newgroom: 7:44pm On Nov 15, 2010
A 33-year-old female Nigerian pilgrim has been deported back home by the Saudi authorities for being HIV positive.

The pilgrim was said to have been screened by doctors on arrival at the King AbdulAzeez International Airport clinic, in Jeddah and was subsequently, deported back on the next flight to Nigeria .

This was confirmed yesterday in Jeddah by the head of Nigeria ’s medical team in Mecca Dr. Ibrahim Kana.

Dr. Kana said that the report of the deportation reached the medical team after the pilgrim had been deported, adding that he had met with the doctors who conducted the test on the pilgrim at the airport clinic to get to the root of the matter,

He said the Nigerian medical team will write to the Saudi health ministry to see how the deported pilgrim can be compensated in the next Hajj and to prevent future occurrence of such incidence.

According to him, based on the World Health Organisation regulation which Saudi Arabia is a signatory to, it has been agreed that no one should be denied entry into any country on account of being HIV positive.

However, he said that the Saudi authorites have expressed concern over the matter and apologised to the Nigerian government and had made an attempt to fly the pilgrim back to Jeddah but could not because the airlifting of Nigerian pilgrims to the Holy Land had been completed.

He added that as a result of a research conducted which showed that non-intake of anti-retroviral drugs by patient of HIV drugs for long which increases viral load in patient, the Nigerian government has through the medical team in Mecca supplied enough anti-retroviral drugs in all the clinics it established in Jeddah, Mecca and Madina.

http://www.peoplesdaily-online.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19823%3Asaudi-arabia-deports-hiv-positive-nigerian-pilgrim-&catid=16%3Anational-news&Itemid=33
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:04pm On Nov 15, 2010
Wily+Wily:

The woman must be a Yoruba, i said it

dont be silly my friend. stop making careless statements. angry
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by jason12345: 11:13pm On Nov 15, 2010
Wily+Wily:

The woman must be a Yoruba, i said it
RICHIE BOI:

dont be silly my friend. stop making careless statements. angry

@ richie boi, thank you. i don't know if you are igbo. but the igbos on this forum do not rebuke such!

@ wily

i pity you cry
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by abadaba(m): 11:31pm On Nov 15, 2010
@Jason: Tell me, when the Yoruba nation establishes an independent Yoruba country, would you pack your bags and Relocate to Yorubaland considering you come from Delta state?.
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by jason12345: 11:39pm On Nov 15, 2010
abadaba:

@Jason: Tell me, when the Yoruba nation establishes an independent Yoruba country, would you pack your bags and Relocate to Yorubaland considering you come from Delta state?.

I LIVE IN THE UK!!!

o, oooh, because i don't support you people in insulting yorubas. most of you have decided to tackle me!!! chei!!!! na wa ooo! for you people.
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by asha80(m): 11:45pm On Nov 15, 2010
jason12345:

@ richie boi, thank you. i don't know if you are igbo. but the igbos on this forum do not rebuke such!

@ wily

i pity you cry

Wilywily is not igbo
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by jason12345: 11:47pm On Nov 15, 2010
asha 80:

Wilywily is not igbo

and how do you know?
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by abadaba(m): 11:48pm On Nov 15, 2010
jason12345:

I LIVE IN THE UK!!!

o, oooh, because i don't support you people in insulting yorubas. most of you have decided to tackle me!!! chei!!!! na wa ooo! for you people.
Do not pretend as if you do not know what I mean. Okay, would your your family of Delta state origin now denounce Delta state and relocate to Yorubaland?.
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by asha80(m): 11:49pm On Nov 15, 2010
jason12345:

and how do you know?

He is ibibio/efik.

he is not new on nairaland so am i.
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by jason12345: 11:49pm On Nov 15, 2010
i would stay in delta. why are you asking?
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by aljharem(m): 11:50pm On Nov 15, 2010
abadaba:

Do not pretend as if you do not know what I mean. Okay, would your your family of Delta state origin now denounce Delta state and relocate to Yorubaland?.

part of delta is yorubaland

part of kogi and kwara is northern(awera)

part of ebonyi is northern

so what is the problem
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by jason12345: 11:51pm On Nov 15, 2010
asha 80:

He is ibibio/efik.

he is not new on nairaland so am i.

i though ibibio or efik are together with igbos? i thought you all share the same cause (biafra and all)?no offence intended
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by abadaba(m): 11:52pm On Nov 15, 2010
jason12345:

i would stay in delta. why are you asking?
The scripture teaches that we should love our neighbours as ourselves not more than ourselves.
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by aljharem(m): 11:53pm On Nov 15, 2010
abadaba:

The scripture teaches that we should love our neighbours as ourselves not more than ourselves.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by asha80(m): 11:55pm On Nov 15, 2010
jason12345:

i though ibibio or efik are together with igbos? i thought you all share the same cause (biafra and all)?no offence intended
mehn you really have to get this biafra thing out of your mind.na wa.they were in the former eastern region with igbos but that is it.some were pro briafrans and some were not just like ijaws.are ijaws now igbo or share the same cause with igbo?
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by abadaba(m): 11:55pm On Nov 15, 2010
alj harem:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin

So you are also Jason.
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by jason12345: 11:56pm On Nov 15, 2010
abadaba:

and how do i love them more than myself? have they tried to invade us?no!

even if i go back to naija, i would either go to abuja,lagos or warri. so what is it to love?

would you not love it if an ibibio is trying to defend you? why does it have to be the "a no go" when some one outside tries to defend the yorubas or hausas?
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by jason12345: 11:58pm On Nov 15, 2010
asha 80:

mehn you really have to get this biafra thing out of your mind.na wa.they were in the former eastern region with igbos but that is it.some were pro briafrans and some were not just like ijaws.are ijaws now igbo or share the same cause with igbo?

cool, point taken. i thought you were together like the hausas and kanuri. my bad.
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by aljharem(m): 11:59pm On Nov 15, 2010
abadaba:

So you are also Jason.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

alh harem=jason=becomerich=bk babe97=bluetooth=dapobear-ileke idi+sjeey8=sagamite x seun

mumu
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by jason12345: 12:00am On Nov 16, 2010
abadaba:

So you are also Jason.

na wa oooo!!!

alj harem:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

alh harem=jason=becomerich=bk babe97=bluetooth=dapobear-ileke idi+sjeey8=sagamite x seun

mumu

grin grin grin grin
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by abadaba(m): 12:00am On Nov 16, 2010
jason12345:

and how do i love them more than myself? have they tried to invade us?no!

even if i go back to naija, i would either go to abuja,lagos or warri. so what is it to love?

would you not love it if an ibibio is trying to defend you? why does it have to be the "a no go" when some one outside tries to defend the yorubas or hausas?
Regardless, the Ibibio man will still be a proud Ibibio and not claim Igbo. There is an Itsekiri thread, you have not bothered to post there for once.
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by jason12345: 12:03am On Nov 16, 2010
abadaba:

Regardless, the Ibibio man will still be a proud Ibibio and not claim Igbo. There is an Itsekiri thread, you have not bothered to post there for once.

why? when i feel more like a yoruba man. have you not heard of "coconuts". you are in uk, so you should know the meaning.
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by violent(m): 12:13am On Nov 16, 2010
shocked shocked shocked

Simply unbelievable the way the topic turned tribal!

silly willy nilly must be a dunce
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by abadaba(m): 12:14am On Nov 16, 2010
jason12345:

why? when i feel more like a yoruba man. have you not heard of "coconuts". you are in uk, so you should know the meaning.
Yea, am in The U.K but do not have a moronic idea of feeling like my Ijaw neighbour.
Inferiority complex at the highest level.
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by jason12345: 12:19am On Nov 16, 2010
abadaba:

Yea, am in The U.K but do not have a moronic idea of feeling like my Ijaw neighbour.
##

abeg jor, do you know where the itsekiris came from?

secondly, i can chose to associate myself with anybody with. bukola and ibb associated themselves with the northerners. banjo associated himself with biafra (with all due respect to igbos) and etc so its not called inferiority complex, its called affinity.
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by jason12345: 12:21am On Nov 16, 2010
abadaba:

moreover, does my idea have to be moronic because it does not conform to yours do you have to result to insults undecided
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by ifyalways(f): 1:46am On Nov 16, 2010
@Topic,why did they rush to deport her and later claim they want to bring her back?Why deport her at all?her sickness disqualifies her from hajj or what?
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by mensdept: 2:03am On Nov 16, 2010
newgroom:

A 33-year-old female Nigerian pilgrim has been deported back home by the Saudi authorities for being HIV positive.

The pilgrim was said to have been screened by doctors on arrival at the King AbdulAzeez International Airport clinic, in Jeddah and was subsequently, deported back on the next flight to Nigeria .

This was confirmed yesterday in Jeddah by the head of Nigeria ’s medical team in Mecca Dr. Ibrahim Kana.

Dr. Kana said that the report of the deportation reached the medical team after the pilgrim had been deported, adding that he had met with the doctors who conducted the test on the pilgrim at the airport clinic to get to the root of the matter,

He said the Nigerian medical team will write to the Saudi health ministry to see how the deported pilgrim can be compensated in the next Hajj and to prevent future occurrence of such incidence.

According to him, based on the World Health Organisation regulation which Saudi Arabia is a signatory to, it has been agreed that no one should be denied entry into any country on account of being HIV positive.

However, he said that the Saudi authorites have expressed concern over the matter and apologised to the Nigerian government and had made an attempt to fly the pilgrim back to Jeddah but could not because the airlifting of Nigerian pilgrims to the Holy Land had been completed.

He added that as a result of a research conducted which showed that non-intake of anti-retroviral drugs by patient of HIV drugs for long which increases viral load in patient, the Nigerian government has through the medical team in Mecca supplied enough anti-retroviral drugs in all the clinics it established in Jeddah, Mecca and Madina.

http://www.peoplesdaily-online.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19823%3Asaudi-arabia-deports-hiv-positive-nigerian-pilgrim-&catid=16%3Anational-news&Itemid=33

This is why I like Saudi Arabia, Arab countries, and the West, along with China. They are serious nations/serious people.

Some 9ja people all scrambling to go to Saudi, 9ja government spending millions not on roads or HIV prevention, but to sponsor Hajj, some 9ja people killing and destroying Southerners and Christians because of Danish cartoon, World Pageant, even motion for independence (1957-sorry for retro), and 9ja President going MIA or is it vacation or checkup in Saudi Arabia.
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by DapoBear(m): 2:09am On Nov 16, 2010
Why on earth does the nigerian gov't sponsor these pilgrims? Separation of church and state, please. . .
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by Osama10(m): 5:36am On Nov 16, 2010
Is this news?
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by T9ksy(m): 5:18pm On Nov 16, 2010
@Osama,

No, its not news but i just gotta mention mens dept's take on the issue. Isn't it sad that our muslim brothers jump through many hoops to be in the good books of their islamic masters in saudia arabia yet they turn round (in many instances) and treat us like shiite.

Our govt. spends millions of naira to sponsor these people to hajj only for them to return and append the term "alhaji/alhaja" to their names like a title. This term in actual fact meant "stranger" and is used by the saudis to differentiate between indigenes and visitors to the holy city.

We never hear of Alhaji Osama bin landin or Alhaji gaddafi or Alhaji Ahmeddenajad but only in our shores do we see all these mo.rons return from hajj and proudly call themselves "strangers" in their own motherland. Some will even fight tooth and nail just so they could go to hajj and then have the right to call themselves Alhaji so-and-so.
Re: Hiv Positive Nigerian Pilgrim Deported From Saudi Arabia! by PhysicsQED(m): 4:27am On Nov 17, 2010
T9ksy:

@Osama,

No, its not news but i just gotta mention mens dept's take on the issue. Isn't it sad that our muslim brothers jump through many hoops to be in the good books of their islamic masters in saudia arabia yet they turn round (in many instances) and treat us like shiite.

Our govt. spends millions of naira to sponsor these people to hajj only for them to return and append the term "alhaji/alhaja" to their names like a title. This term in actual fact meant "stranger" and is used by the saudis to differentiate between indigenes and visitors to the holy city.

We never hear of Alhaji Osama bin landin or Alhaji gaddafi or Alhaji Ahmeddenajad but only in our shores do we see all these mo.rons return from hajj and proudly call themselves "strangers" in their own motherland. Some will even fight tooth and nail just so they could go to hajj and then have the right to call themselves Alhaji so-and-so.

Lol, alhaji is one spelling of the honorific given to Muslims who have completed a pilgrimage (hajj) to Mecca. Come on, this is basic knowledge. Where are you getting this your "stranger" theory?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is IBB Dead? / BREAKING NEWS:Finally Ohiomhole Steps Down For PDP / A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.