Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

What Are Some Idioms In The Bible? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Some Idioms In The Bible? (1543 Views)

16 Ways To Choose A Wife, According To The Bible / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: What Are Some Idioms In The Bible? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

It's my privilege to serve you, my friend. And thank you kindly for the reassurance and clarification.

As you said, they all really happened, and our Lord used them all to teach:

34All these things Jesus spoke to the crowds in parables, and He did not speak to them without a parable.
Matthew 13:34 NASB

Grace be with you, my friend.
Amen
Re: What Are Some Idioms In The Bible? by MuttleyLaff: 10:39pm On Nov 11, 2019
solite3:
thank you very much for your wonderful thought and advise.
I know not to overstep scripture limits when conversing with people concerning the truth. I wasnt inferring that the parables where false
I dont think anyone has advanced that parables were false.

I am on record to have proposed that parables usually have a plethora of lessons, moral truth in them and that they actually are a faithful representation of reality.

solite3:
because whatever parables the Lord made where things that really happened and the people could relate with, for example, the parable of the sower however in the case of Lazarus and the rich man
Which is why I asked you the below keeping resurfaced questions, hmm? lol
1/ Do you know what happened, as in meaning what Jesus did, a few weeks after He narrated the parable of the Rich Man and Beggar Poor Man named Lazarus to the crowd?
2/ Most of the verisimilitude characters in Jesus' parables, hardly have names, but the name of the beggar poor man was given.
Do you know why Jesus, on purpose, gave Lazarus, as the name of the beggar poor man, in that Luke 16:19-31 parable narrative, hmmm?

solite3:
although Jesus might have used it for teaching, it something that really happened
The conversation between the unnamed rich man and beggar poor man named Lazarus never happened. Nothing really happened in parables solite3. A parable is a faithful representation of reality, it in itself, is not reality, biko, joor now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet Oduneje Visit To Arthur Eze Na Ukpo Palace Pt1 / Jesus Was Send To The Loss Sheep Of Israel. / It's Not About Money That Make Us Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.