Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution (21097 Views)

INEC Has Breached Nigerians’ Trust – CSO / Botched London Trip - PDP Taunts Buhari / Buhari Postpones London Trip For Undisclosed Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by uyomeyo: 8:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
Na by force? I am in the world not of the world
CanadaOrBust:

You are part of the “una”, wether u like it or not
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2019
adioolayi:

You are seriously bittered....the worse of it, you will live with this till 2023.…...Madt man

This is not about being bittered bro, am not bittered or anything but why can't we see the good things Buhari does and hail him and also see the bad things he initiates, tackle it for a proper correction....

See the angle you are framing it, that am bittered....but am not, we have a procedure of running the government.

If he likes let him continue until 3018....

do I care?

Does it give me contracts?

The little we want to correct and benefit from.....you are seeing it as being bittered...so let Nigeria go in frames as you support it.
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by aalangel(f): 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2019
It's good to hear from Ubani after Buhari dealt with him. Gotta invite him for a Show soon.
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2019
obailala:

Muhammadu Buhari is the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, not Osinbajo. It is the president's prerogative to decide if he wants to sign a document himself, or if he wants his deputy to sign it for him; it is also his prerogative to choose if he wants to sign it in his office, or in a hotel or in Abuja or Sokoto or London; enough of this noise making over nothingness. By signing a sheet of paper whilst in Nigeria House London, as opposed to Abuja, the president has broken no existing Nigerian laws (True or False). The 21 days Law was instituted to forestall a nasty situation like the Yaradua saga where there was a vacuum in leadership. If Buhari is sound enough to sign a document even on camera, how is that a vacuum of leadership?

Under our presidential system of government (even under the American system which we claim to copy), VPs have very limited powers; they are more like mere ceremonial assistants to the president. The VP Osinbajo is a seasoned lawyer who knows his job and who knows the limits of his powers and authority; so he's not complaining. Quit drinking panadol for him! The VP is also an extremely calm and collected man of wisdom who can read from several miles, the evil manipulations of his detractors (claiming to be friends) who are hell bent on forcing him to pick a fight with his boss.

Whether you like it or not, Osinbajo still takes the honour as one of the most influential VPs Nigeria has ever produced despite the typical lack of authority of VPs. That partly explains why his name is always on the news and on the lips of his haters and 'bad-wishers'). When GEJ or Sambo were VPs, did you ever hear of their names or even know of their existence?

With due respect, u r ducking the issue. Try to read the following CAREFULLY:

He said those making the claim were misinterpreting Section 145(2) of the constitution...

He said, “The sum total of that subsection is that if the President fails, refuses and or neglects to transmit power to the Vice President, the National Assembly is mandated after the period of 21 days to pass a resolution empowering the Vice President to start to act automatically ‘as the Acting President of Nigeria’.

“That section did not and never provided that it is only when the President will spend more than 21 days outside the shores of the country, that he will be required to hand over power to his Vice President.

The 21 days provision is meant to give the maximum period the President will be allowed to be in breach of Section 145 of the Constitution as the National Assembly will come in to do what the President ought to have done in the first place by mandating the Vice President to act in the place of the ‘travelled President’.

The President has breached the 1999 constitution, no doubt, by his inability to transmit power to the Vice President of the country for the 19 or less that he wants to spend for his “private visit’ in the UK.

“His “private visit’ has no place in Section 145 of the 1999 Constitution in the first place. He is only allowed outside the shores of Nigeria for official visits, medicals and or vacations.”

Ubani said the signing of a bill by Buhari in London did not speak well for Nigeria’s sovereignty.
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by habsydiamond(m): 9:05pm On Nov 08, 2019
Which kain yeye constitution... We no get any constitution for this country abeg. A country without any law can never have sinners. Everyone is just doing what pleases him or her with no one to check. Please, I need to leave this country soonest for buhari kantinue to rule himself.
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 9:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
Akainzo:

Here is the President of US doing it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/11/20/white-house-aides-use-autopen-sign-highway-bill-while-obama-overseas/76098452/

My man stop trying to be too clever by half. This is what I wrote originally:

“I have searched the internet, I can’t find any other time it has been done, not even in history (I mean carrying a bill to a foreign country to give a prez to sign). If u can find an instance let us know.”

Comparing that with the below is comparing apples and oranges. Did anybody carry the bill to Malaysia? Where is the dire urgency in the bill PMB signed?
——
White House aides use autopen to sign highway bill while Obama is overseas

GREGORY KORTE | USA TODAY
Updated 10:21 a.m. EST Nov. 20, 2015

WASHINGTON — White House aides have used a mechanical device known as the "autopen" to sign a two-week extension of highway funding while President Obama is in Malaysia...
Without the president's signature, authorization for taxing and spending to pay for transportation projects would expire Friday...
Congress passed a short-term extension Thursday, but the president isn't due to return to Washington until Monday.
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
Akainzo:

Meaning, if he goes away and comes back on the 20th day, then there is nothing the NA can do, right.

This then automatically implies he has 21 days, Simple statement, simple logic;. How and why is it difficult to understand.

Apparently it is difficult enough as u don’t understand it.

Try to read the following, this time very CAREFULLY:

“He said those making the claim were misinterpreting Section 145(2) of the constitution...

He said, “The sum total of that subsection is that if the President fails, refuses and or neglects to transmit power to the Vice President, the National Assembly is mandated after the period of 21 days to pass a resolution empowering the Vice President to start to act automatically ‘as the Acting President of Nigeria’.

“That section did not and never provided that it is only when the President will spend more than 21 days outside the shores of the country, that he will be required to hand over power to his Vice President.

The 21 days provision is meant to give the maximum period the President will be allowed to be in breach of Section 145 of the Constitution as the National Assembly will come in to do what the President ought to have done in the first place by mandating the Vice President to act in the place of the ‘travelled President’.

“The President has breached the 1999 constitution, no doubt, by his inability to transmit power to the Vice President of the country for the 19 or less that he wants to spend for his “private visit’ in the UK.

“His “private visit’ has no place in Section 145 of the 1999 Constitution in the first place. He is only allowed outside the shores of Nigeria for official visits, medicals and or vacations.”

Ubani said the signing of a bill by Buhari in London did not speak well for Nigeria’s sovereignty.”
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 9:41pm On Nov 08, 2019
Akamariner:

I resides at federal college of education special(sped) jobele, oyo state.
You may contact me via oyedoyinp@gmail.com for proper discussion.

Thanks. Will definitely be in touch
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 9:46pm On Nov 08, 2019
uyomeyo:
Na by force? I am in the world not of the world

If u like be under the world or on top of the world, their policies will affect u wether u like it or not
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by johnmartus(m): 9:54pm On Nov 08, 2019
undecided what do you want to gain from shattered my good image. If you are to forex trade we could become a friends.
digitaltrades:

Stop wasting your time replying that johnmartus person or whatever rubbish name he calls himself. Some of them comment as if they are dead and disconnected from reality.
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by uyomeyo: 10:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
Life nor balance oh! Life na brain brain!! Na we be "or" inside "like it or not". No reason am make your brain no fizz
CanadaOrBust:

If u like be under the world or on top of the world, their policies will affect u wether u like it or not
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by Ken4Christ: 10:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
Even the medical tourism is a breach of the Constitution.
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CoolAmbience(m): 11:07pm On Nov 08, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

If u go to court, he has the Supreme Court in his pocket - just as he has the house and senate. Chai!

The issue isn't that the Supreme Court or Nass is in his pocket but the simple fact that the so-called Ubani and yourself are so ignorant to realise that a private visit is an official visit.

It isn't a vacation.
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by digitaltrades: 11:07pm On Nov 08, 2019
johnmartus:
undecided what do you want to gain from shattered my good image. If you are to forex trade we could become a friends.

You need to wean yourself of your political blindness first. It is unreasonable to praise evwrything this government does, both good and bad.
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by mindtricks: 12:07am On Nov 09, 2019
adelaja70:

Una no dey tire ni? This same Buhari transfer power to his vp more than twice in their first term and none of you crying forced to do so. And Buhari is the only and first president that have done so since 1999....So enough of the noise Abeg.
Crying ko, Weeping ni. Obviously in a shamelessly backward country like Nigeria where it has become a tradition to do things in reverse order and you are used to it, it is a taboo and noise and irritating to expect things to be done properly. From your standpoint I guess the president will only be doing Nigerians a favour should he should he hand over officially and not perform such functions on foreign lands, after all we are in a banana r_______c (abeg help me complete the phrase).
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 2:22am On Nov 09, 2019
CoolAmbience:

The issue isn't that the Supreme Court or Nass is in his pocket but the simple fact that the so-called Ubani and yourself are so ignorant to realise that a private visit is an official visit.

It isn't a vacation.

An official visit would have an officially designated purpose. What’s the purpose here?
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CoolAmbience(m): 5:40am On Nov 09, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

An official visit would have an officially designated purpose. What’s the purpose here?

So, because you don't know the designated purpose that's why a private visit is vacation?

Kindly do a research on state and private visits.
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by Akainzo(m): 5:38pm On Nov 12, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Apparently it is difficult enough as u don’t understand it.

Try to read the following, this time very CAREFULLY:

“He said those making the claim were misinterpreting Section 145(2) of the constitution...

“The President has breached the 1999 constitution, no doubt, by his inability to transmit power to the Vice President of the country for the 19 or less that he wants to spend for his “private visit’ in the UK.

Ubani said the signing of a bill by Buhari in London did not speak well for Nigeria’s sovereignty.”

Clearly, you are fixated on accepting only his, Ubani, version of interpreting the constitution.

Open your mind, and read what others are saying.

If the NA cannot trigger that section until 21 days, it implies the President can do whatever he wants so long as he doesn't fall foul of that provision. Simple logic, simple stuff.

If they say, your employment will be terminated or consequence management will be applied after 21 days, if you don't show up at work, does it not imply you are free to go away for 20 days without consequences? Na small English o, read it with a clear mind. Don't let the lawyers do to you what they did to Atiku,
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by anonimi: 3:43am On Nov 13, 2019
adelaja70:
I LAFF ANYTIME I READ THIS UKIWE STORY.... I KNOW MOST OF YOU WERE QUITE YOUNG THEN TO UNDERSTAND WHAT REALLY HAPPENED... EBITU UKIWE WAS GIVEN TOO OPTIONS... RESIGN HONOURABLY OR BE BOOTED OUT. THAT'S CALLED DEVILS ALTERNATIVE. OSINBAJO IS ELECTED BY NIGERIANS WHILE UKIWE WAS HANDPICKED BY THE MILITARY.....

Can you please provide more details.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CoolAmbience(m): 11:08am On Nov 14, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Can you now see that the president isn't on vacation but on a private visit?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B41tG2Fh6em/?igshid=1dpya95qvc3b2
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by Heineken(m): 12:20pm On Mar 21, 2020
CanadaOrBust my boss morning sir. I sent a pm
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by CanadaOrBust: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2020
Heineken:
CanadaOrBust my boss morning sir. I sent a pm

Morning bros. Hope all’s well. Sorry, long lost access to my email. Take care
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by Heineken(m): 5:34pm On Mar 21, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Morning bros. Hope all’s well. Sorry, long lost access to my email. Take care
no problem sir. I'm fine
Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by brantwitter: 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
adioolayi:
Ehn....Impeach him na....odé.
Please NARIALANDER'S Who Is Canada Or Bust's
Good day everyone, please i want to use this opportunity to let NARIALAND Mangers and members know
about this.

I am the owner of Braintwitter.com I just start this business blog to help our youth
and everyone by choosing online topics on business and business ideas.

Narialand admins have always follow my post here and it members, no one has make any
bad commment about my updates here till today.

Today i posted news about New Symptoms You Should Know About Coronavirus, U.S Doctors because coronvirus has to do with business
shutdown and we as humans need right information.

How can i post something and this guy CanadaOrBust's went to my site and copy and paste the entire news on my sitre to narialand accusing me of looking for traffic. Who is he please and why did he do that CanadaOrBust's Profile

WHAT TYPE OF WICKEDNESS IS THAT

Re: Monday Ubani On London Trip: Buhari Has Breached Constitution by incandescentena: 11:57am On Mar 03, 2023
CanadaOrBust:

Take him to which court? When the supreme court is in PMB’s pocket

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Will Use A Contractionary Monetary Policy To Fight Inflation - Peter Obi / EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers / "Consequences Of Extra-judicial Killings" By Nuruddeen Lemu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.