Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her (42713 Views)

Ecuador's Youngest Mayor, Brigitte-Garcia & Her Aide Assassinated / Ghanaians Drag Ex-President Mahama On Twitter Over Yahaya Bello's Mobile Clinic / Meet Amarachuka Enyia, Kanye West Supports Mayor Of Chicago Contestant With $73K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by ikorodureporta: 4:55am On Nov 08, 2019
Bolivia mayor has hair forcibly cut by crowd of protesters

The mayor of a small town in Bolivia has been attacked by opposition protesters who dragged her through the streets barefoot, covered her in red paint and forcibly cut her hair.

Patricia Arce of the governing Mas party was handed over to police in Vinto after several hours.

It is the latest in a series of violent clashes between government supporters and opponents in the wake of controversial presidential elections.

At least three people have died so far.

What happened?

A group of anti-government protesters was blocking a bridge in Vinto, a small town in Cochabamba province in central Bolivia, as part of their ongoing demonstrations following the presidential election on 20 October.

Rumours spread that two opposition protesters had been killed nearby in clashes with supporters of incumbent president, Evo Morales, prompting an angry group to march to the town hall.

The protesters accused Mayor Arce of having bussed in supporters of the president to try and break a blockade they had set up and blamed her for the reported deaths, one of which was later confirmed.

Amid shouts of "murderess, murderess" masked men dragged her through the streets barefoot to the bridge. There, they made her kneel down, cut her hair and doused her in red paint. They also forced her to sign a resignation letter.

Ms Arce was eventually handed over to the police who took her to a local health centre.

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-50332167

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by rowland545(m): 8:46am On Nov 08, 2019
I saw this yesterday on aljazera and I can tell u I was pleased......I have somebody in mind that we can do this too...

But i wunt say d name we all know d person....

Stupid ass mayor

223 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by Flexherbal(m): 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2019
Did they do this for a just cause or for political gains?

For Papa Adamu not to get this kind of treatment, he needs to be able to knack Mama Adamu in the other room very well Click Here

5 Likes

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by adebayosun02: 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2019
K

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by Chukwurah003: 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
How PDP avoided this kind of treatment is a miracle.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by psychologist(m): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
ND nobody was shot

Talk about a country that value life's undecided

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by deuzgreat: 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
I can't wait too see Buhari and Buharideens treated this way

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by superior1: 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
I will gladly remove Buhari’s goro teeth

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by winzy(m): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
I would have wanted this to be done to someone... but they have restricted our freedom of speech online ni

17 Likes

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by fergie001: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
rowland545:
I saw this yesterday on aljazera and I can tell u I was pleased......I have somebody in mind that we can do this too...

Stupid ass mayor
You must say the name here........

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by ainas247: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
cheesy Nigerians Can't do this

because of the spiral of silence

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by midehi2(f): 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
shocked This is how we will do buhari soon grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by olaolulazio(m): 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
Join me as we march to somewhere in Ikoyi to drag someone out this way grin grin

Who's with me?

18 Likes

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by Four4Clien(m): 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
oooboy, I don't even know what to say, but damn.

Promo! Get your professional websiite/blog for 14k only, whatsapp - 0706^3084,171

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by olaposer(m): 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
Trust me someday nigerians will rise up and do the same , its long overdue here but everybody is afraid once somebody lead others will follow when we are really tired.

11 Likes

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
Treatment that should be given to Nigerian politicians e.g buhari and tinubu

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by maxiflexy(m): 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
Abeg wei Ganduje and Wike dey, i don plan my own finish grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by mudiana(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2019
rowland545:

Stupid ass mayor
you can't say Buhari... Na wa oh. U too fear sha!!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by Beno3: 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2019
Those who are in public comfort places never understands the responsibilities of there position and what the masses are going through except the benefits they get and their families.

Thats why in Nigeria today, idiots who find themselves in power, kill to remain there.

5 Likes

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by Camelo: 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2019
I wish this can start happening to Nigerian politicians...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by Oluwavichtor(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2019
Musa is mute..
Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by ahnie: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2019
Glad she wasn't raped or fingered or stoned to death!

Red paint looks good on her.......
I earnestly look forward to the day all our polithievfians would be treated like this.

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2019
rowland545:

Stupid ass mayor
now that I'm in London come and catch me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by Bukden16(m): 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2019
I swear ehn...

I've got a lot on mind concerning this... many names on my list, but one is outstanding among the many list.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by Beverlyjean(f): 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2019
Chukwurah003:
How PDP avoided this kind of treatment is a miracle.

APC's own, there wudnt b a miracle

11 Likes

Re: Protesters Cut Patricia Arce Bolivian Mayor's Hair, Cover Her In Paint, Drag Her by PapalsBull(m): 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2019
Good one.

It will soon happen in Nigeria. O ye criminals who call themselves leaders, get ready. You all shall taste the brutality from the masses.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Israel Was Created - Aljazeera Documentary (video) / Michelle Obama: What We Will Miss Most About The White House / Wagner Boss Prigozhin Agrees To De-escalate Revolt In Russia - Lukashenko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.