Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,110 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint (1435 Views)

Man Goes Missing After Receiving Phone Call In Calabar (Photo) / Imo: Gunmen Attack Njaba LG Secretariat, Burn Army Checkpoint / Tanker Driver Shot Dead By Soldier At Army Checkpoint In Port Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by tonymyke4life(m): 6:09am On Nov 08, 2019
I was in a public transit bus travelling to Aba and we had to pass some checkpoints mounted by soldiers. I noticed on getting to a particular check point, a woman was answering a call on her phone when suddenly passengers started telling her to put her phone down because we have gotten to the checkpoint the woman actually didn't mind them and that created a rancor in the bus. People were insulting the woman and saying that she should have cut the call on getting to the checkpoint.

Pls, why do we have to cut our phone calls because of a police/Army checkpoint. Is there any law against receiving calls at that spot. Experienced persons should please respond. I would appreciate if this gets to the front page for more answers. Thanks
Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by okirewaju(f): 6:12am On Nov 08, 2019
Security purposes I guess

I met the rule and we've been following it like that

1 Like

Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by greatmarshall(m): 6:13am On Nov 08, 2019
Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by Mcreloaded(m): 6:25am On Nov 08, 2019
You will also want to know why police stop persons and seize their phones while making or receiving a call and walking beside the fence of a central bank.
Every person that holds a gun wants to be noticed.

2 Likes

Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by tellwisdom: 6:26am On Nov 08, 2019
To them-(Soldiers), it’s more like you are calling for an attack on them.

2 Likes

Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 08, 2019
Next time, make your call at Army checkpoint, they will tell you why you need not to

4 Likes

Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by popsy2(m): 6:50am On Nov 08, 2019
Beats me.
Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by Niaja4real(m): 8:15am On Nov 08, 2019
tonymyke4life:
I was in a public transit bus travelling to Aba and we had to pass some checkpoints mounted by soldiers. I noticed on getting to a particular check point, a woman was answering a call on her phone when suddenly passengers started telling her to put her phone down because we have gotten to the checkpoint the woman actually didn't mind them and that created a rancor in the bus. People were insulting the woman and saying that she should have cut the call on getting to the checkpoint.

Pls, why do we have to cut our phone calls because of a police/Army checkpoint. Is there any law against receiving calls at that spot. Experienced persons should please respond. I would appreciate if this gets to the front page for more answers. Thanks
My brother, it's so pathetic but so true that we ( Nigerians) are our own oppressors. How do I mean, Nigerians have lost their self worth as citizens & are now leaving like slaves in their own country. I've gone through the Armed Forces Act, and I have not seen any such provision in the Act. Again, there is no such provision even the Constitution.
So what the Police/Army are doing is a clear act of intimidation & sheer illegality, but Nigerians keep condoning & accepting this act of incivility.
The ignorance & fear on the part of the Nigerians populace is fundamentally what's killing this country. Surprisingly, even the so called educated ones seems to be the worse hit.
I have made & I have equally answered my phone at a military checkpoint and noticed that people that were in the bus with me, all looked at me as if I had committed a terrible crime of which they were going to be implicated, I ignored them, though with a sense of pity & sorry for their collective ignorance & fearfulness. But they were all so shocked to notice that I was not harass nor query as to why I was on call at a military checkpoint. Try and appropriate the little rights that u have, if u know u have any.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by tonymyke4life(m): 5:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
Brother, the thing weak me o. It was as if the woman committed a crime. Virtually everybody were against her. I just kept quiet and nod. I was like, so if I get a call and I happen to b approaching a checkpoint, I would ignore the call abi. Well, most of them must have had bad experiences from those military personnels in time past.

3 Likes

Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by Mood11: 7:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
Funny how we will receive and make calls at the fuel/Gas Station but can't dare at a road checkpoint.
Odiegwu

4 Likes

Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by Hoodbilonia: 5:16am On Nov 09, 2019
I dey make call anywhere. I no send u bastards.
If i wan buy fuel,i dey light up my bazz inside my car dey smoke,after all nozzle dey out back,i dey frontseat. Some folling station attendants always dey look me say i be craze man. But now. Na inside my motor i dey kush,.. no level.
Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by damibjs: 9:11am On Nov 09, 2019
Ignorance and toooooo much of Nigerian films is the cause of diz...watch Americans films and u will kno why phone cal is not accepted at check point....or it will do u more good to come down and approach the soldiers the reasons......I did so and I was enlightened...
Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 09, 2019
O
Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by GhostWisperer: 10:45am On Nov 09, 2019
okirewaju:
Security purposes I guess

I met the rule and we've been following it like that
he asked if there's any law.
Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by GhostWisperer: 10:46am On Nov 09, 2019
EastGold:
Next time, make your call at Army checkpoint, they will tell you why you need not to
op is asking if there's a law.
Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by FatherBona: 11:41am On Nov 09, 2019
GhostWisperer:
op is asking if there's a law.
Some people can't comprehend simple English that's why JAMB brought the cut off mark to 120 just to contain people like that.
OP asked if there is a law, wetin dat one come dey talk kwanu?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by okirewaju(f): 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
GhostWisperer:
he asked if there's any law.
undecided undecided
Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by Taba21: 4:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
[quote author=tonymyke4life post=83837437]I was in a public transit bus travelling to Aba and we had to pass some checkpoints mounted by soldiers. I noticed on getting to a particular check point, a woman was answering a call on her phone when suddenly passengers started telling her to put her phone down because we have gotten to the checkpoint the woman actually didn't mind them and that created a rancor in the bus. People were insulting the woman and saying that she should have cut the call on getting to the checkpoint.

Pls, why do we have to cut our phone calls because of a police/Army checkpoint. Is there any law against receiving calls at that spot. Experienced persons should please respond. I would appreciate if this gets to the front page for more answers. For their security reasons not only in Nigeria.
Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by tonymyke4life(m): 7:58pm On Nov 09, 2019
damibjs:
Ignorance and toooooo much of Nigerian films is the cause of diz...watch Americans films and u will kno why phone cal is not accepted at check point....or it will do u more good to come down and approach the soldiers the reasons......I did so and I was enlightened...

You haven't really answered the question. If u were enlightened, kindly enlighten me. I am open to learning.
Re: Receiving Phone Calls In An Army Checkpoint by tonymyke4life(m): 7:59pm On Nov 09, 2019
FatherBona:

Some people can't comprehend simple English that's why JAMB brought the cut off mark to 120 just to contain people like that.
OP asked if there is a law, wetin dat one come dey talk kwanu?

grin Nawa o. Just a simple question

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Stand To Gain As A Cultist? / 26-year-old Boyfriend Arrested After Slapping Girlfriend Of 17 To Death / VIDEO: Two Traditional Rulers Gun Down By Unknown Assailants In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.