Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,365 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? (593 Views)

Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides / Names Of Osinbajo’s Aides Fired By Buhari / Sack Of Osinbajo’s Aides Causes Tension In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by cute9ja: 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2019
By Abdurahman Bichi

I have heard some people arguing that the VP had too many people employed under his office. They need to get themselves educated on the duties assigned to him and the need for him to carry out those duties diligently, in the first term.

For example the Social Investment Programme (SIP) has a budget of N500b .

It encompasses:

i. N-Power, the employment and management of 500,000 young graduates across the country

ii. Home Grown Free School Feeding

iii. Conditional Cash Transfer

iv. Market Money, Traders Money.

The budget and reach of the effort to execute that is more than what most of the states in Nigeria do. There is no state with 500 billion Naira budget, more so the need to incubate such program from the scratch free from any scandal and ensuring to coordinate a vast array of state and federal agencies.

A program that feeds more people than people that live in Liberia; add this to his job of propagating MSME across the country, leading presidential ease of doing business (PEBEC), engaging the national industrialization council or leading the various efforts statutorily under his purview from Borders/Boundaries to Privatization, BPE and NDPHC.

He equally was in charge of the National Economic Council, under which jointly with governors they manage issues about power, investments in agriculture (NLTP) and several other issues.

Doing this work, for which he has been praised requires dedication of individuals who are experts in these areas. These individuals have succeeded. Someone who managed the SIP program with less than 40 persons, it will be interesting to see if the new Ministry will be manned by just 40 persons. Of course it won’t. They will have a whole web of consultants, agency staff, Ministry staff, drivers, messengers and cooks.

Most states in Nigeria have between 5,000 and 30,000 employees excluding teachers and doctors. Most of them also have budgets less than 100 billion per annum covering territories 1/36 the size of the jurisdiction of Vice President’s duties delegated by the President, by law or the constitution.

The team the Vice President has was optimal for his work, and he continued to optimize which was why he redeployed his team to MDAs as soon as some of the programs matured and the President whom he holds in high esteem approved for their spin-off into ministries. This was the case with PEBEC and SIP.

The Vice Presdient should be allowed to do his job of making Nigeria a better place for us all without any limitation.

SOURCE - http://www.nigerianeye.com/2019/11/are-osinbajos-aides-really-too-much.html

1 Like

Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by poscabafash: 1:24pm On Nov 08, 2019
Osinbajo should be allowed to focus on his work. He has the necessary aides to carry out his functions. Sometimes, I feel the aides are not enough.
Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by Bola146(f): 1:26pm On Nov 08, 2019
Three much abeg.. upon no money in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by Shooyie: 2:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
He has been a blessing to this Country thus far. He has been hardworking, diligent and loyal to the President and his duties as the VP.
Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by Lydia696: 2:10pm On Nov 08, 2019
Evil people allowed Osinbajo to focus, with your fake news
Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by Tobilobaaaaaa: 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
I once read about a governor that has over 300 aides, so what's the fuse about the number of Osinbajo aides?

We don't know our problem in this country.
Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by okefrancis: 3:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
How many aides he has that you people are shouting, some governor has like 150 aides
Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by cute9ja: 3:41pm On Nov 08, 2019
300 is even small.
A governor in South-South allegedly had over 3000 aides

Yet some clowns are crying over Osinbajo's 35

Tobilobaaaaaa:
I once read about a governor that has over 300 aides, so what's the fuse about the number of Osinbajo aides?

Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by nimisola: 7:27pm On Nov 08, 2019
I wonder why people choose to concern themselves with the number of aides Osinbajo has when some governors have more than 200.. With all the agencies he manages, I don’t think 35+ aides are too much. He’s the Vice President of Nigeria, like I mean not even a governor

Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by orisa37: 7:35pm On Nov 08, 2019
The VP should have one Representative from each of our 36 Constitutional States and the FCT.
Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by EvilPOTATO(m): 7:46pm On Nov 08, 2019
We all know it's not about the number of aides osibanjo has... Some governors have more than 40 aides...

1 Like

Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by Monogamy: 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2019
The agreement was reached by Osinbajo and Buhari before sacking the aides..

We should let the sleeping dog lies
Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by EvilPOTATO(m): 7:56pm On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:
The agreement was reached by Osinbajo and Buhari before sacking the aides..
We should let the sleeping dog lies
ehen. So you were there when they were reaching the agreement?

1 Like

Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by Monogamy: 7:58pm On Nov 08, 2019
EvilPOTATO:
ehen. So you were there when they were reaching the agreement?

It is logical
Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by EvilPOTATO(m): 8:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
Monogamy:

It is logical
Osinbajo came out to say there was no sack... Nor any sack letters.

1 Like

Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by EvilPOTATO(m): 8:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
Afte all said and done. 2023 is getting clearer.

1 Like

Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by Finnese001: 1:20pm On Dec 02, 2019
All these things you just listed here are all scam, please try again later
Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by Finnese001: 1:22pm On Dec 02, 2019
EvilPOTATO:
We all know it's not about the number of aides osibanjo has... Some governors have more than 40 aides...

Thank God you said state governor
Re: Are Osinbajo's Aides Really Too Much? by Finnese001: 1:24pm On Dec 02, 2019
Tobilobaaaaaa:

Who is the governor bro?

just asking for a friend

(1) (Reply)

Drama As APC Suspends National Chairman, Adam Oshiomhole / Photo: Pres. Buhari Returns To Nigeria / I’ll Arrest Yari If Killings Continue In Zamfara – Matawalle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.