Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order (3318 Views)

We Lost Because Amaechi Talks Too Much / Buhari Should Call His 'Dogs' To Order – Asari Dokubo / GEJ Says The #bringbackgoodluck2015 Banners Should Be Brought Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by Wadomoi(f): 4:09am On May 23, 2007
who is he anyway that he can open his mouth and talk any rubbish and making inciteful statements - should he be brought to order.
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by Jakumo(m): 6:37am On May 23, 2007
Wole Soyinka is a Nobel Prize winner for literature, and he is entitled to speak his mind any time and anywhere, Miss Come Phuck Me O. I hope that answers your question.
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by Pain(m): 6:55am On May 23, 2007
I Think He Should Go Write A New Book. undecided
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by adconline(m): 7:16am On May 23, 2007
why dont post your resume for us to see maybe we will pay more attention to you
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by McKren(m): 9:34am On May 23, 2007
What I find very disturbing is Wole Soyinka's tacit and never ending support for Atiku Presidency.

With all due respect to him and his knowledge, Politics is not literature. He should stop thinking he can lecture everyone else what to do and what not to do.
When Algore challenge Bush's victory in the courts in 2000, why did'nt him and his Nobel Lauretts in America call for outright election cancellation
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by Aneef(m): 10:01am On May 23, 2007
As noble prize winner,what has he contributed to the growth of the country both politically and economically?Is it just making noise and heating up the polity that will solve the problem?
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by otokx(m): 11:16am On May 23, 2007
Nobel Prizes are not bought with money neither are the winners picked up from no where against their wishes. He has and will continue to be one of the beacons of hope in the nation as we are all proud of him.
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by Wadomoi(f): 11:43am On May 23, 2007
adconline:

why don't post your resume for us to see maybe we will pay more attention to you

I am not seeking any attention - little ingrate.
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by folem: 1:16pm On May 23, 2007
Wole Soyinka belongs to the unregistered oppostion party African Renaissance Party (ARP) and entered into alliance with Democratic Front for a People’s Federation (DFPF) which has INEC registration but has failed to win any electoral seat from Local Council Ward upwards.

He also gave support to African Democratic Congress (ADC) Prof. Pat Utomi during the Presidential elections .

He does not possess much political collateral but can form a pressure group nonetheless.

There were irregularities in 2003 elections but he kept quiet but now feels he can become more prominent by being in opposition to a Northern President if you recall that he is also against the candidature of Muhammad Buhari.
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by joobreel(m): 1:17pm On May 23, 2007
Noble or no noble whatever, he has the right to say whatever he feels concerns him. he both an academic and political figure in nigeria. if he says anything that bothers him politically about Nigeria, he would be listened to first before many other so called journalists, politicains etc cos he is a world acclaimed man. his voice like some others' is what nigerians and nigeria needs to checkmate the acts of some of our politicians. and dont forget that he was a socila critic before becoming a member of the nobles. may be you cant take this out of him. abeg, dont complain about him, he is doing his duty
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by doyin13(m): 1:57pm On May 23, 2007
Remember ' The man dies in all who keep silent in the face of tyranny'.
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by Mamajama(m): 1:59pm On May 23, 2007
I've been saying it for a long time, this man need to look back on how he deceived Nigerians and accepted a post from IBB. He is still a sell out in my book and should Shout Up
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by doyin13(m): 2:03pm On May 23, 2007
@Mamajama

Perhaps you can prove in any sort of way in which Soyinka betrayed Nigerians by highlighting the scourge of road traffic accidents in the country.

It wasn't a post that existed b4 he arrived. He wasnt filling any corrupt boots.

He should be thanked rather than crucified.
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by sleekdot(m): 2:09pm On May 23, 2007
He who keeps quiet in the face of tyranny is either a coward or a traitor
and kongi is neither He was one of the most vocal critic of the despotic Abacha and OBJ
Kongi one on the greatest intellectual Africa has ever produced.
@ Poster You know the words of a wise man are nothing but foolishness to the empty headed so no be your fault.
See who is asking the question Check his/her signature. Are you not the same ABCDEFGH who post on the politics thread some weeks ago? Now you have a new name Impostor!! Add all the grey matter of your generation its not equal to one -tenth of Soyinka.
I am sure you have never been first in any exam in your life including nursery school now you can ask what/who A nobel Laurete thinks he is
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by angel101(f): 2:11pm On May 23, 2007
lol!!!
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by Mamajama(m): 2:18pm On May 23, 2007
doyin13 if you recalled during IBB tenure he was one of the critics of that regime when Dele Giwa was killed in a letter parcel, but as soon as he was given a post in the administration, what happened? please this man is a sell out. you don't accept a post from a dictator, oppressor and a thief for that matter, its about dignity and integrity. he is a Noble Lauretts but has no say when it comes to politics, he should stick to writing books and stop speaking on behalf of Nigerians
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by sleekdot(m): 2:20pm On May 23, 2007
@Mamajama
Seeing all the rubbish you write from day to day I cant but reply you
Soyinka came out to criticise OBJ for casting aspersions at the person of Bola-Ige that he does not know his left from right. Is that your own basis for judging Soyinka, He worked as road safety chairman and was never caught to be fraudulent so what are you talking about? Did Awolowo not work with Gowon Military?
So OBJ that has no scruples and is blaming an assasinated man who cant defend himself should be criticised why didnt OBJ send him out of his govt instead of killing him?
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by Iman3(m): 2:21pm On May 23, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

doyin13 if you recalled during IBB tenure he was one of the critics of that regime when Dele Giwa was killed in a letter parcel, but as soon as he was given a post in the administration, what happened? please this man is a sell out. you don't accept a post from a dictator, oppressor and a thief for that matter, its about dignity and integrity. he is a Noble Lauretts but has no say when it comes to politics, he should stick to writing books and stop speaking on behalf of Nigerians

By that measure,nobody who has ever accepted a job under the military era should criticise the Govt
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by Mamajama(m): 2:41pm On May 23, 2007
Like I've said its not about accepting post from a military government, its about dignity and honesty, staying truth to what you believed in.  how can a man who is not respected in his own community influence the new generation, surely he is a credible writer and an elder stateman, but we should not confused his mental capacity when it comes to politics to his ability to write books.  He Soyinka said he speaks to IGE on daily basis, then he should know who IGE enemies are.  I speak to my best friend in London on regular basis and I will know any mind bugling issues they have.
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by sleekdot(m): 2:47pm On May 23, 2007
What do you mean that Soyinka is not respected in his community? What is dignity in reforming the chaotic traffic case in the country then
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by Mamajama(m): 2:49pm On May 23, 2007
reforming the chaotic traffic case in the country then? are you serious? what was his success rate? was there any significant reduction in accident? traffic ? please do your research
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by Johnny(m): 2:52pm On May 23, 2007
I think silence is the best answer to a some persons.  Some people have to be ignored so that our dear country can move forward.
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by McKren(m): 2:52pm On May 23, 2007
Wole Soyinka no doubt has an enviable past, but he is at risk of distroying it the way he criticizes anything that is not favourable to Atiku but remains silent on issues not right but in favour of Atiku.

It is about time he tells us what pact he has with Atiku.
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by ubamu2029: 3:37pm On May 23, 2007
Wole's best contribution to this nation is the founding of cultism. l know his men who worship him like a god will crucify for this comment. I am entitled to my own opinion, regardless.

But come to think of it, what has this man contributed to nigeria if not all his rubbish talks? He indicated interest to serve with OBJ but just because the president knows he is a dramatist not an achiever and refused to employ him, he is running about and roaring like a man with an ant in his pants.

Wole should know that his days of relevance, if any, has come to an end. No doubt he is a bit senile, but that does not mean he should make sure nigeria is burnt down before his death.

It is obvious he wants to sink with the country.
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by ubamu2029: 3:38pm On May 23, 2007
no yawa.
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by Mamajama(m): 3:56pm On May 23, 2007
ABEG tell them, like I've said what has anyone gain from his wealth if not for his books? how many philanthropy organization or award did he sponsor. A MAN MUHAMMAD GAMBO said OBJ government was worse than ABACHAs. If I recalled this GAMBO WAS THE IGP IN IBB REGIME A MINISTER under Abacha. what some people will eat will let them sell their soul
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by BigB11(m): 4:03pm On May 23, 2007
Eventhough I'm for peace and moving on together, but Wole Shoyinka has my support. He's free to say what ever he wants.
He's been fighting for the poor and the improvement of standard of living in Nigeria for so many years and he still lives in Nigeria.

He represents one of the best in Nigeria and he has my full Support.
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by BigB11(m): 4:10pm On May 23, 2007
Moreover, don't let us forget that Bola Ige was his best friend. The lost of his friend during OBJ's regime may have a lot to do with his latest action.

You just never know.
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by TayoD(m): 5:10pm On May 23, 2007
@Wa_do_mo,

should he be brought to order.

How do you intend to do that? The Bola Ige way?!!
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by ToToChoper: 9:00pm On May 23, 2007
Indeed Professor Wole Soyinka has my utmost respect in a lot of ways, and not just speaking of Nigeria alone. However, I do not support corruption of any sorts. Therefore, if he is found with his hands dirty he needs to do what is moral and ethical right, that is to face justice.

I think a lot of folks would respect him even more this way.
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by sewhenu(m): 11:40pm On May 23, 2007
With all due respect to the person of mr soyinka,he has been a great achiever an international figure,but what i discover about him is that his political relevance in modern day nigeria has seriously waned,his ideas and problem solving models seems too offensive and provocative.He tends to want to incite some kind revolting spirit in the masses when addressing them,as much as i love him and his writings i guess its high time he speaks more positively about this nation or just keep is silence
Re: Wole Soyinka Talks Too Much - Should Be Brought To Order by ijogbon(m): 11:49pm On May 23, 2007
What people dont know will kill them.
Did anybody know that OBJ, Kongi and Cicero were best of friends?
If you look at things from that angle you may realise a few hidden truths.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu / This Too Much Na!!! Senator Patrick Obahiagbon Comment On Ghana Presido Death / List Of Defecting Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.